Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Qyntius
GrinTwist
Hart
redwingsoverbaron
8 posters

new here, so, dark souls and junk. (think i posted this in the wrong section before)

redwingsoverbaron
    redwingsoverbaron

new here, so, dark souls and junk. (think i posted this in the wrong section before) Empty new here, so, dark souls and junk. (think i posted this in the wrong section before)

Post by redwingsoverbaron Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:47 am

Proper Bow 
    hey guys, new here, pretty long time dark souls player (not demons because 360s suck apparently) i lurk pretty often, finally decided to make an account. so yeah, um i guess ill just do something here,

whats your favorite build/sl/area to pvp?

I run an sl85 black knight build with a balder shield and chaos claymore/chaos shotel for the damn turtles, favorite place to invade is the Archives
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

new here, so, dark souls and junk. (think i posted this in the wrong section before) Empty Re: new here, so, dark souls and junk. (think i posted this in the wrong section before)

Post by Hart Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:36 am

Welcome (officially: I think I've seen you in the chat) to the forums man.

There's a thread specifically for intro's if you want it, here: https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t21557-introduce-yourself-v20

although this thread is also fine happy

Anyway, my current build is this http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=418143752723161746
    At the moment only level 70, still on NG running up my levels before going through to NG+ for extra spells. But that is what I have in mind, give or take a few pieces of armor.

I prefer the lower range of SL for PVP, ~100 and below. And I generally stick to the forest or Anor Londo when looking for action, although I don't get to PVP often sad

I'd hazard a guess that this is the appropriate section for this thread, but don't worry if its not a mod will move it or merge it with an existing thread if it seems appropriate.

Enjoy your time here bro
    :Beer:
    >mfw so many emotes lol
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

new here, so, dark souls and junk. (think i posted this in the wrong section before) Empty Re: new here, so, dark souls and junk. (think i posted this in the wrong section before)

Post by GrinTwist Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:17 pm

I prefer invading at SL 55, since you can get decent PVP almost anywhere with that SL. However, I don't have specific locations that I invade at. So I'm going to just say anywhere that I can get a good fight with a unsuspecting host. Although I prefer upper b-town and Izalith.

For builds, when I used to play, I would use either this or this.

Also, ignore the rusted iron ring on that second one. I normally just keep that ring slot open just in case something happens that causes me to change the ring I'm wearing.
    redwingsoverbaron
    redwingsoverbaron

Post by redwingsoverbaron Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:49 pm

it was kind of an intro/question.. so here seemed the most appropriate, but somebody will move it if im wrong. yeah, I prefer 85 in the archives, because you get a good mix of people surfing through the story, "honorable" pvp, ganks, and chameleon whores, so it always has something to offer, i did the forest for a while, learned quickly that it was only so much fun, ran around the burg for a while at 100, it was fun for the most part, but i also ran into like 3 hackers a week on 360, which was kind of irritating, and the township just got boring after a while. 

and you run dark bead, i hate dark bead. so much. ive gotten alright at dealing with it, but if it even scrapes me it can turn the entire match around... granted im a die hard melee character, so im a little biased
    Qyntius
    Qyntius
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Qyntius Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:31 am

redwingsoverbaron wrote:granted im a die hard melee character, so im a little biased
    I like you.

I'm new too, nice to meet you
    quench
    quench
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by quench Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:43 am

Welcome to the forum bro very good community here Proper Bow
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:20 pm

I'm looking to get into SL 55 to avoid the things I find annoying in PvP.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:45 pm

Hello there and welcome to the forum.  Currently operating on no sleep so I don't feel like doing the mugen figures haha.

I like to invade usually at SL100 as a Darkmoon in areas like the PW and Catacombs.  Often I find questers on NG+ to fight with some PvP experience making things more enjoyable.  I also invade the forest at SL 50-300 or so frequently since I enjoy fighting and defeating gankers.  Generally for normal invasions I go with my Int build with dark magic and buffed weapons like the great scythe, shotel, or winged spear.  For the forest I usually gove with 99 end 40 vit 40 str 40 dex 32 int and 50 faith, so I can buff SLB with 50 faith onto a Murakumo with Pursuers going and twop to hold my enemies in place.  3v1 doesn't matter much against my set up which can root, nuke, then clean up.  

I also invade sometimes in upper blight town at sl28 on my Scourge of Upper Blight town character.  I use a base large club with poison resin, poison arrows, dung pies, toxin/poison mist, and alluring skulls to make the area a gauntlet.  I use the ring of fog to stay hidden as I do this and rarely to I directly engage people, if they make it to the bonfire at the bottom I come out and let them kill me for my humanity which also lets them rest at the bonfire.  I get a lot of fun out of it and sometimes run into high level gankers I have to kill using falling damage or sometimes chainstab with a base weapon until they die or fall off.  I also end up fighting a lot of low level duelists and questers willing to duel which can be a lot of fun trying to get them through poisons and toxins.
    redwingsoverbaron
    redwingsoverbaron

Post by redwingsoverbaron Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:51 am

root, nuke, and clean up. I like it haha, sounds legit. And that blighttown build is clever, I like it. I do prefer 1v1, there is just something magical about two fair fighters exchanging blows for a good 5-10 minute fight. But there is nothing more satisfying than killing some gankers, especially with a pure melee build. I like to consider my build completely fair, Claymore and Shotel, nothing that cant be dealt with, so it just comes strictly down to skill. I had one kill i'll never forget, dude actually messaged me and gave me a complement on it, 

I ran into 3 gankers in the archives, I ran to the top, drop killed one phantom on the stairs, singled the 2nd (a mage) on the stairs, activated them, so he couldnt run, and ran him down, after the stairs were done turning, i was directly lined up with the host, and straight merced him, such a proud moment
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:32 pm

Welcome, pure melee ftw  Joy 

For a long while I hosted at SL250 in the Forest, got a bit bored with running into the same style PvP builds so I went to SL55, which I've found to be far more varied and enjoyable.  

I run a fat rolling tank, and cosplay as either Stone Knight or Tarkus, and occasionally kinda Havel, but with the Dragon Greatsword. Build here, everything is upgraded to 1 below max: http://mmdks.com/3ulc

Lightning Longsword is there for something a bit quicker for those that do nothing but try to roll stab me.  

Crest Shield for Magic users, however I've been getting pretty good at fat roll dodging Dark Bead and CSS, just not Pursuers yet. It's fun to fat roll through DB and then roll R1 poke a mage for silly amounts of damage because they just kept trying to spam within range of the Greatsword.
    Also great to just walk through pryo spammers Great Combustions and Great Chaos Fireballs because Black Iron is a flame retardant big grin

I don't go fishing to backstabs, but the Hornet Ring is there because if you let yourself get backstabbed by Tarkus then you don't deserve to get back up. Also for NG+ Solaire, God damn that kid has some health. One of my fav things to do is kill Solaire and then intimidate the host until they run for the boss fog, forcing them to solo S&O twisted 
    Also gets swapped for Leo Ring, Steel Protection Ring, Havels Ring (Stone Knight), RTS Ring, Wolf, whatever I need at the time.

new here, so, dark souls and junk. (think i posted this in the wrong section before) 1024x576
    redwingsoverbaron
    redwingsoverbaron

Post by redwingsoverbaron Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:08 am

im pretty sure i absolutely love this community, but yeah, when i see a solid tarkus build i usually prep myself, because its usually a diehard that knows that build in and out, unlike a havel.. which is usually just some kid trudging his way through the game... which can also be my downfall.. getting skull *** by a guy that actually knows his havel.

id reply so much more, but my phone doesnt let me log on >.<

but im reading all of it on my phone and appreciating the feedback big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:13 am