Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+75
sinistroff
wfrosty
Hingle McCringleberry
Phenetylaminos
oldironforte
Graelaoch
DSGiant
Iron Boar
Gowan
DPSMurphy
Soul of Stray Demon
LeaderDogg
Hawkins172
Folkenio
Rooke89
SadPanda
Spaghetti?
Xanthous_King
MikailArksot
SolaireOfAstora
Say Xbox Again
Wilkinson3424
Moalover
Extofogeese
AwkwardArtemis
Formless
Undiscovery
PierreSBK71
Aendron
LukeboyDS
Exclusive
magyaronny
Valanor
Mental Gear
ghostshade
Gryph
Grumpy
brandons66
Anarchist26
TheAshenPhantom
Jaxobz
Woodlehh
DxTopham
sobamade
tooots
Bontee
Hatsune Miku
jtd234
zedsdead
tonberryking01
IHateTheFourKings
HereticForLife
Elysium™
Scarch
emraluces
LawlMahBawls
aWildNelby
wretchedsausage
reim0027
Looking Glass Mind
WaffleGuy
Yarxov
XachAttack
StiffNipples
Soris Ice Goldwing
Gollumseverywhere
User1
RANT
Serious_Much
Mr. Tart
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Zeta Prime
Animaaal
LunarFog
Tolvo
79 posters

Introduce Yourself V2.0

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Introduce Yourself V2.0 Empty Introduce Yourself V2.0

Post by Tolvo Mon May 13, 2013 5:20 pm

Hello there and welcome to the Community/Forum!
    Introduce Yourself V2.0 1361424789

Before we get started you should aqquaint yourself with the rules of the Forum. Even if you've been on many forums in the past, you should check them at and get a feel for what is and is not allowed.

Spoiler:

I've seen quite a surge in new members lately, all looking to post in different sections of the site, PvP, Player Help/Trade, the Archives. I know some feel a bit off when joining a forum and like to lurk, so as sort of a Forum Icebreaker why not tell us a little bit about yourself? I know these threads are typically pretty successful, as well I'd love to learn a bit more about all of you. Even if you've been a member for quite some time feel free to tell us about yourself, I'm sure there's a lot we don't know about each other. As well it can help some of our newer members get an idea of the interesting types of people we have.
    Introduce Yourself V2.0 558843162
    I'll start.

Hello there, I'm Tolvo, but my real name is Maxwell. I'm a male actor and writer working in Illinois, currently working on an English degree. I write short stories and act in indepentent films. Before you think, "Film Star, Author?" Stop right there, I write short prose stories for people, and am basically a last resort for directors haha. Still, it's a living. I love to joke around and say very silly things, at times I can make threads get pretty off topic but often I love to help people out in any way I can. I am mainly a Forest Hunter, but I actually have a toon in almost every covenant. I love to PvP, Co-Op, and when I can search for the hidden lore in Dark Souls. I also post on this forum a lot, 9/10 if you make a thread, I'll have a post in it.
    Introduce Yourself V2.0 3477152822
    Alright, now you give it a try, and Welcome!

By the way I won't be responding to everyone in this thread, but I am reading all of your posts. I will try to respond when I can, just remember I am human!

Since the previous thread will be locked soon enough or already has been I have created this second version for people to start using, however I will link the original here so everyone can still see all of the introductions in the old thread.

Introduce Yourself V1
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Introduce Yourself V2.0 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself V2.0

Post by LunarFog Mon May 13, 2013 7:18 pm

Hello there. I'm LunarFog, but I have plans on changing my name to MoonlitQueen or some such in the near future.

I consider myself one of the most knowledgeable people on these forums regarding every aspect of the game, both in PvP to PvE. I love to find new and interesting things to do, such as discovering new and ingenious ways to cause long-lasting/permanent damage to someone's character even after I invade, building gimmicky builds, and cosplaying.

I owe this community a lot, so you can expect any threads asking for advice to have at least one post by me, and a whole lot of guides and theories once Dark Souls 2 comes out.

(Good idea Animal. We need theme songs in here too)

Last edited by LunarFog on Mon May 13, 2013 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon May 13, 2013 7:35 pm

Hi, I'm Animaal...this is me:
    Spoiler:

Tolvo wrote:Just a reminder if you already have introduced yourself there is a link in the OP to the original thread where your original introductions are. Just for future reference.

Come to think of it, I've never introduced myself.

My name is Chad, I live in the US with my wife and 2 kids. My oldest is autistic, but no where near as severe as some of the people my wife and I associate with/know personally. For this we feel very blessed.

My wife and I are Christians, but do not have any ill will towards any person pertaining to their beliefs, nor do we try and push our beliefs on anyone. One of my best friends is agnostic, and I love him for it.

I am a mortician. I work part-time as a contractor for 6 different funeral homes and average about 10-15 hours a week. It allows me to care for my son full-time with a full-time income without the full-time hours. Although my son is not as far into the spectrum as other autistic children we know, he will still never drive a car, pay his own bills, etc. So needless to say my wife and I couldn't be happier that we both do not have work full-time and keep our son in a daycare.

I started with Demon's Souls, played in a couple tourneys, then pre-ordered Dark Souls and played in a tourney shortly after release. They are my favorite games by far, and have never experienced as much joy in an rpg as I have with the souls series...rpgs are about all I play with any amount of seriousness.

Anyway, I'd say nice to meet you all, but ya. Shrug

Last edited by Animaaal on Mon May 13, 2013 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Mon May 13, 2013 7:39 pm

Hey im Poliwrath... my real name is John currently getting ready to pass highschool.. i'm the forum loner but i really enjoy being around.. i have an obsession with film and playing/ listening to music.. I got demons souls soon after it came out and became obsessed when i heard about darksouls i immediatly pre-ordered it and... here i am.. it's my favourite game. pvp is my favurite dark suls passtime but i havent played in a while .Cinnamon buns are my favourite food.. ad the lod of the rings series are my favmovies... yeah i could go on but... im boring you and mysef.

my psn is: Poliwraths

cheers
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon May 13, 2013 7:42 pm

Hello, my names is Stefano, but better known as WhatDoesThePendantDo? and I like Piña Coladas and getting caught rain.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon May 13, 2013 7:45 pm

Just a reminder if you already have introduced yourself there is a link in the OP to the original thread where your original introductions are. Just for future reference.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon May 13, 2013 8:00 pm

Since some of the "older" members decided to post in here, I might as well do the same. I introduced myself in the other thread, but I wasn't very pleased with it, so why not do it again?! Joy
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Mr. Tart on Sat May 18, 2013 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 13, 2013 8:17 pm

Hey guys, I'm Serious(_Much), I'm a 20 y/o med student in the UK.

Some of you will know me for my epic posts, witty comments and thread derailing behaviour.

Outside of the forum I'm also a moderator of the chatroom on the wiki, head over there some time, it's a fun place winking

Oh, and you know the off topic section? Yeah, my bad.

Coming soon to a thread near you!

Serious lol! (Oh yeah, and i have my own emote silly )
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed May 15, 2013 9:39 pm

damn, someone does not like you lunar lol
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed May 15, 2013 9:44 pm

Ya really....W...T....F???? :suspect:
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed May 15, 2013 9:48 pm

Eeh, where to start:

So, 'sup. My name is Lucas in the real world. My general alias online is RenegadeCop, dunno why, just like it. silly I am 29 years old, engaged with a child coming my way. Fatherly responsibility = something I am not *really* looking forward to.. I can be extremely serious, extremely stupid or just a mix of middle suddenly. Depends on the time of day, events of the day and if I am bored. <.<

I like to watch and do several things. A few of those things include: Watching anime, going on the forums (don't judge post count big grin) and playing RPG's or JRPG's. I can be seen as someone who likes to brag when I state my position in properties, wealth and jobs. Stuff it, I'll go anyway. No bragging intended. I live in.. A mansion, for one thing. I own 4 properties I rent out to other tenants that usually stay in them, and me and my fiance run the properties. Pretty much, we're landlords.

I live in the U.K, in particular that small island called England. Yes, that one where there are exploding cow turds in fields. It's also full of idiots. (not looking at you Serious. >.>)Burberry caps and Peugeot 206 cars are the big things for the average chav in the area. Shows how cultural we are..

That's really all there is to me, apart from those that have been around for a little bit will know one period when I was so bored I spammed for about 3 weeks on end. Not proud of that, but it's all I had to do! Prostration

Be hoping to see everyone who reads this around, apart from I'm going to bed in about 5 minutes. Can't see you all around now. silly
    Gollumseverywhere
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gollumseverywhere Wed May 15, 2013 11:06 pm

Hello my name is gollumseverywhere in real life my name is Gage i am 18 and live in the USA(murrica) currently in my senior year of high school (which thank god its almost over) ive been playing dark souls for a few months and have been creepily stalking the site. Finally joined haha. Just a heads up i am very ADHD which from what I have seen on the site wont be a problem. Anyway i think im done rambling see you in the forums
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed May 15, 2013 11:16 pm

Gollumseverywhere wrote: i am very ADHD which from what I have seen on the site wont be a problem.

What makes you say that.......????? Introduce Yourself V2.0 758582142
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed May 15, 2013 11:44 pm

Fixed that downrep Lunar, it's really what I use my votes for these days.

Well the name is Soris Ice Goldwing, but just call me Soris and you won't hear my real name here. I am an xbox player with my gt being Soris Goldwing. I am 18 years old in the United States of America and will be finishing highschool soon. I live on the EST zone so I am on here at various times.

My hobbies include studies of foreign culture, law enforcement, philosophy, art, and anime to name a few. I prefer to be nice and civil to everyone I meet so you won't have issues with and if you do I love to see how to fix that. I am a big fan of Touhou with Cirno as my favorite character as you can tell from my avatar and I run the Touhou thread, link in my sig. I don't like to brag about myself and I prefer to be humble with things and I am good at listening and I admit I am not that good at writing and I am in no way an expert at the whole PvP concept like some others here, though I will speak out what I know. I love playing with other people and trying anything at least once.

I been a player since launch and I joined here when Dark Souls 2 first came to light. I take it as a good sign. I love this community for being well maintained and how the people here don't argue or bicker about nonsense and the admins and mods are not abusive and run this place very well. There is a lot to do here and I like it here.

The only things I really hate is when civility is being broken or when someone is being very rude or unpleasant around other people or is trolling in ways that is not acceptable to the majority. I am a bit of a guardian with that and I may intervene if I must. However I am very careful with that. At most I just up-rep a post that has been unjustly down-repped. Other than that I am an easy person to speak to.

Oh I almost forgot, I get online on xbox every other weekend which at the time of writing this means I won't be on till next weekend.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu May 16, 2013 3:57 pm

Lol. I probably should have added that I have an anonymous stalker-down repper in my introduction. It's strange that you're standing up for me though Soris, considering what we've been through before. Lol. But that'll be our little secret

Introduce Yourself V2.0 Pram_Combo_Art_Vector_by_adiyasa
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu May 16, 2013 4:03 pm

Soris is a good person at heart.

Even though you may have had disagreements, that doesn't mean he would be blind to the fact it's right to stand up for someone that is receiving downvotes without needing them.

That's the worst choice. Being blinded by previous hatred so you can't see the right thing to do. But that isn't the case here. silly
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu May 16, 2013 4:06 pm

The morality of the people here never falters.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu May 16, 2013 4:15 pm

Guys let's please not get this thread derailed and locked.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu May 16, 2013 4:17 pm

Sorry Tolvo. If you guys want to discuss this let's move it somewhere else. I have a few things to say myself. That said:
    I hope everyone new here enjoys their stay!
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Thu May 16, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi guys, I'm Nips. I'm located in Queensland, Australia, and am a pretengineer currently working in mapping and geospatial systems.

I've been a long time Dark Souls fan and have been playing since a couple of months after release. Initially I was playing on a PS3 that my housemate gave me, however since the DLC dropped I get Blighttown level frame rate everywhere along with random 1-2sec lockups, and coupled with the insane lag I get against Japan (primary PvP opponents) it just made the game unplayable so I've now moved over to PC. I've been a pretty prolific r/darksouls spammer for the last year and a bit but I believe this game has reached the point where a forum is a far better medium for discussion than something like reddit where you end up with 20 posts all the same that really would benefit from the format of a forum thread (also it's got a little too meme-y/circlejerk-y for my tastes).

I play DaS most nights and when my internets are not being routed through a potato I very much enjoy some PvP. These days I mostly host in the Forest and cosplay as random NPC's or enemies, lately I've been enjoying some Gough PvP, Stone Knight PvP and also some Kirk PvP. I've got characters in pretty much every covenant and at most soul levels, I've got a few SL1 guys, and one up around SL350, however I burn through toons and keep 8 of my 10 slots on a constant rotation between cosplay PvP builds and challenge runs.

Currently I'm working my way through the game at SL1, naked and using only Crossbows (Power Within, Iron Flesh, Flash Sweat are the only pyros I'm allowing myself to use) and I'm currently at the 4 Kings with this guy (taken down Seath, Nito, and BoC - just 4 Kings and the DLC left). I've also got another project that I'm working on (slowly) which is a SL1 one hit kill challenge where I am trying to kill as many bosses as possible in a single hit (or with a single cast). I've currently taken down Taurus, Capra, Gargs, Moonlight, Sif, and Pinwheel and I'm working on the Stray Demon as of now. I've spent about 18hrs farming so far and have full Dragon Form and once I get my slab I'll be having a crack at taking down Quelaag.

I really enjoy helping people with builds and lore but at the same time I get a bit annoyed when people don't help themselves first by doing a quick google/wiki search before they ask questions that have been answered countless times before. I'm also a bit of a stickler for cosplay builds and really enjoy the theory crafting side of making them (along with actually making them). The thing that annoys me most is when people say they're cosplaying but they slap on the Grass Crest Shield, however I try not to really let any of that bother me and tend to stay pretty light hearted.

I've been lurking here for about a week now and realised that I really should've signed up months and months ago, I'm really liking the covenant style clans you've got going on here and also the fight clubs, and since I left my BF:BC2 clan a forum community is something I've really missed.

I hope to enjoy my stay and have fun long into DaS2, sorry for the wall of text Introduce Yourself V2.0 1330857165
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri May 17, 2013 8:36 am

lol, I can't believe there's a guy calling himself nips lol!
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Fri May 17, 2013 6:46 pm

I guess I'll re-introduce myself too.

Ahoy there, I'm XachAttack, my actual name should be obvious by now lol. I'm a 20 year old guy who has yet to get a job becuase of my lack of social skills, general shyness and a whole buncha other stuff. I don't have any real life friends because of this, but it doesn't bother me too much. I've been considering getting into the video game making buisness, but I'm not so sure honestly. I haven't thought about it too much.

I've been working on a project for a few years, though it's still not nearly finished because I've been focusing on the world it takes place in before I get any plot going. Creating an entire universe is tough >_>;;.

I'm not much of a talker, due to the fact I simply don't have anything to say most of the time, but if anyone ever wants to have a conversation then I'll be happy to keep it up with you, provided you think up topics the entire time. Whenever I do talk I tend to mumble, I honestly believe this is because my vocal cords are weak due to lack of much use lol. I have to sound angry to get my voice to 'normal' volume.

I've got a mild case of Tourette Syndrome. Thankfully I'm spared from the shouting of curse words, smacking myself ect. Stuttering, funky eye/hand/finger movements is pretty much the extent of it. It takes me several minuets to come up with a complete thought because of how fast it makes my mind run. Think...sugar rush, but all the time in your head. Even while you're trying to sleep.

My hobby is playing video games, all day lol. I've been playing some of the old Armored Core games for the past few weeks/month, and I'm having a blast with them. I would play some Dark Souls, but this flickering issue is a big no-no for me, so I won't play it until I see news of it shutting off.

The fact that I mentioned the flickering problem should tell you that I play PS3 mainly, though I have an Xbox 360 too, that's only cuz Dad wanted it. You don't want me in any FPS co-oping lol, I'm a horrible shot.

Recently I've been considering learing Iaido, or some sort of martial art that gives me the option to use a sword of any kind. Speaking of swords, I've always been in love with them, but funnily enough, I don't really know anything about their history, not that I care to know.

I apparently also have the tendency to start alot of sentences with "I/I've/I'm" ect. I heard that's a bad thing to do o.O but eh, whatever.

Apparently I have bad depth perception, I think. It's hard for me to judge distance/size differences unless they're painfully clear.

That's about all I can think of, I hope we can get along everybody o/.

EDIT: I'm reading this in the Preview button, and my god, this is huge!
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri May 17, 2013 6:53 pm

Serious, But he's Australian so hes "Nips- down under". A disturbing emoticon/action if there ever was one.

Hello Xach! (Pronounced mentally "Ack") Welcome to the forum of the lost undeads of Lordran! And bronies. There are quite a few bronies here, surprisingly many haha :00041: But feel free to rant and rave and chat or stay silent and bathe in our wisdom. If you ever need anything, the important people are : Serious, Tolvo, me, Carphil and someone else im forgetting along with a few dozen others. (naturally I add myself because it is a list of importance which I am, because of mo-jo-jojo who I am not, but Yarxov, which who I am.)
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Fri May 17, 2013 6:55 pm

I'm not new lol, but thanks. Also, I think the X is supposed to sound like a Z. At least it was like that in a few games o-O.

EDIT: Shoot x_X. Forgot to add "Whistling songs" as a hobby lol.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri May 17, 2013 7:01 pm

Serious_Much wrote:lol, I can't believe there's a guy calling himself nips lol!

I second lol.

Nips is autoentried into The Top 50 Forum Names Hall of Fame.

Even though the question has been answered, Pendant still has "most presitge" imho. lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:33 am