Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
TomBombadil515*
ViralEnsign_
BloodTempest
Encore
NathanC
Pilgrim34
Micha369
CakeThiefPro
Derpwraith
Fen
Carphil
Say Xbox Again
Bassman Bob
Icegodzilla
Green__Eagle
Wilkinson3424
Seignar
SirArchmage
Werdax
Serious_Much
lonewolf
DyingAce
Elite Knight
Darkfallen
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Sneezer
GrinTwist
Tolvo
Latitoast
Soul of Stray Demon
34 posters

BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus.

Poll

Who will win?

[ 10 ]
    BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 4 I_vote_lcap67%BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [67%] 
    [ 5 ]
    BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 4 I_vote_lcap33%BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [33%] 

Total Votes: 15
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 4 Empty Re: BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus.

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:21 am

I've tried to fight Seath with Fog Ring and Slumbering Ring; Seath circled to face me when I tried to get behind him for his tail.

For me, it comes down to the tactic of the crystal. If Seath isn't mortal, Nito wins. I doubt Nito's blast attack will crack the crystal, he'd have to hit it or have one of the skeletons hit it.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 4 Empty Re: BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus.

Post by Seignar Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:07 pm

Werdax wrote:With Seaths very powerful charging crystal attack, and his tentacle spasm, I personally see him as the winner of this fight. The skeletons will barely reach Seath before he obliterate them (Sure, they stand back up in a couple of seconds, but they are vulnerable as they do so).
    Nito is even more slow then Seath, and Seath's tentacles will merely push him at a distance, forcing Nito to spent hours reaching Seath again, only for Seath to repeat the process.

It really depends on how the two would take advantage of their own attacks. If Seath rely more on reaching out for Nito, with his bare hand, then the fight is in Nito favor. If Seath however use his tentacles and his powerful crystal attack (Due to the aggressive skeletons who have probably surrounded him), then I can't see Nito walking out of that fight alive (Well... More dead then before).
    Nito does have his sword dance attack, which he does like to spam a lot, but it deals pathetically low damage, and the time it takes Nito to launch more then one sword dance, Seath will already be close by, launching a punishing attack.

I vote for Seath.
    I would have to disagree. Sure, Seath has Crysplosion to deal with the skeletons, but it takes time and when you have about 6 skeletons (2 with giant cleavers) attacking all at once, the damage piles up quickly. The same can be said about his tentacle attacks. It does deal with the skeletons, but it takes time to do and recover from and completely leaves his front exposed.

If he were surrounded, Seath's only option is Crysplosion and I already said he would be taking a ton of damage on the first attempt and is very slow (especially when Nito can't stagger)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:12 pm

Depends if we go lorewise or gameplay wise- as we all know that Nito was a huge let down of a boss for a lord's soul.

I'm gonna go off what I've experienced and what they have gameplay wise- Seath for me. The crystal would be a huge problem, and even then if the crystal was broken I think the size and power of seath would crush Nito.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:45 pm

Ok then, with a score 11 to 6, Gravelord Nito wins against Seath the Scaleless.

http://challonge.com/w079ujf4

Next Match is Gwyn vs Sif. 

Seems very one sided here...... But discuss anyway....

Last edited by Soul of Stray Demon on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:07 pm

The poll is up guys.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:23 pm

Lore-wise it does not even warrant discussing but gameplay-wise it's weird. They are both quick moving (primarily melee) bosses with relatively low HP. For the player getting under Sif is a good strategy, but Gwyn's size precludes him from being able to do so.

Sif on the other hand is weak to fire and Gwyn swings a fire sword. I think I would go for Gwyn if not for Sif's spinning attack. It can hit for counter-damage for a considerable amount, and with Gwyn always running and jumping about he is susceptible should it land.

Sif by a whisker.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:20 pm

I say gwyn, but sif is soooo much cooler and kawiii
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:10 pm

Oh other thing, I noticed that Gwyndolin's next fight is against Asylum Demon.

Considering how he already beat Stray Demon, is everyone okay with me moving him up without a vote?
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:12 pm

im good with it
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:23 pm

Gameplay-wise and lore-wise, Gwyn. We all love Sif, but he just doesn't do the same amount of damage as Gwyn, while being weak to fire, with less health, and also not nearly as aggressive as Gwyn. Really, everything is is Gwyn's favor. I do not see how Sif would be able to win. Even if Sif's sword swings would stagger Gwyn with just one hit, Gwyn attacks more more often with a higher health pool.

Gwyn without a sliver of doubt.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:33 pm

Well, the thing about this match-up is that they both play similarly, but I suppose better make an argument:

1) They both have a long-distance attack, but Gwyn jumps while Sif does a run attack. The fact Gwyn jumps means Sif's attack would lose. So Gwyn wins the distance fight. Also, this means Sif's backward jumps are just bad.

2) Sif has a longer sword, so she has a sweet spot in the Mid-distance battle, where Gwyn can only spam the dash forward. Sif wins the Mid-distance battle, but it is simply to brief for Sif to take advantage of it. Also, despite that, Gwyn has a backwards jump  which can then turn it into a long distance combat.

3) Close Range, Gwyn has better combos. Sif hits poise at about the 50's, so Gwyn can tank 1 hit. Which means, he can pull out most of his combos for serious damage. Sif's only advantage is the double sword swing, which can stagger Gwyn.

4) Sif is too big to grab, Gwyn's grab is invalid.

5) One last thing that is a major disadvantage to Sif is this, Sif limps near death, severely lowering her combat abilities. So, even if these two were evenly matched, Sif will lose for weakening at the last second.

6) Sif can't parry, she can't cheese Gwyn.

My analysis concludes Gwyn would win, simply because his attacks coincidentally makes Sif's constant jumping, spacing and reach mostly useless.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:44 pm

You know what, I'm just going to skip the gwyndolin vs Asylum Demon boss battle ok? 

Any objections make them known.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:56 pm

BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 4 Th?id=H.4672646356798062&pid=15

I for one, believe that Gwyndolin deserves his daily target practice. Can't let his aim go rusty, correct? I mean, shooting all those bolts and magic from half a mile away requires rigorous, intense daily practice. If you deny it to him, he will be at a disadvantage during his next fight.

P.S: I'm really looking forward to Centipede Demon vs Artorias, it seems like a good match-up.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:58 pm

Seignar wrote:BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 4 Th?id=H.4672646356798062&pid=15

I for one, believe that Gwyndolin deserves his daily target practice. Can't let his aim go rusty, correct? I mean, shooting all those bolts and magic from half a mile away requires rigorous, intense daily practice. If you deny it to him, he will be at a disadvantage during his next fight.

P.S: I'm really looking forward to Centipede Demon vs Artorias, it seems like a good match-up.
    So this isn't a serious objection? Ok then...
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:11 am

Gwyn all day long, he'd just get under his legs and start swinging
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:48 am

Serious_Much wrote:He'd just get under his legs and start swinging
    Ok then... That's a little, um...
    *Hides behind a rock*
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:25 pm

Gwyn beats Sif with a score of 11 to 5.

Next Match. Sanctuary Gaurdian vs Gaping Dragon. http://challonge.com/w079ujf4

Discuss.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:46 pm

Poll is up guys.

My vote is sanctuary guardian. Lighting shooting, flying and quick. Gaping wouldn't stand a chance

Last edited by Serious_Much on Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:59 pm

Don't know to be honest. But isn't Gaping weak to electricity?

SG with a slight edge, for me.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:06 pm

Yeah I think the Sanctuary Guardian would win with me. They're faster and can shoot lighting. The only thing I can think of is if the Gaping Dragon could drop down onto the Guardian but even then they could simply dodge that attack.
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:21 am

The gaping dragon is weak to electricity, and sanctuary guardian just love to spam its lightning attacks. The gaping dragon, however, is both stronger and more durable, then the sanctuary guardian. If the Dragon land a bunch of successful hits, the Guardian won't be standing for long.

The guardian is very dodgy, however. And most of the Dragon's attack leaves it vulnerable.
    It depends on how many attacks the guardian dodge. If they run right into each other, then the Gaping Dragon can't possibly lose. If the Sanctuary Guardian rely on its lighting attacks, then it would be a clear winner.

Overall, I suppose the Guardian would walk away as the victor.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:26 pm

The Sanctuary Guardian wins due to how the fighting styles of the two are. As mentioned; the Guardian's high maneuverability would no doubt crush Gaping's lumbering charges.

But I feel like actually watching these two bosses go at it in game would be super cool.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:43 pm

SG will win because gaping has the habit to run into a wall and pout.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Ok then, Round 7 is over, Sanctuary Guardian wins with a score of 9 to 2. 

http://challonge.com/w079ujf4

Next round, Firesage vs Kalameet.....

Well, It's obvious Firesage will win.... Quite obvious indeed.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:59 pm

Poll is up.

I don't even need to explain my vote here. Kalameet

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:16 pm