Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
KrazykevS10
AnCapaillMor
Serious_Much
The Once-Ler
HereticForLife
Ahhotep1
Wilkinson3424
Soul of Stray Demon
Zeta Prime
reim0027
arshan272
15 posters

Hacking isn't pure evil

arshan272
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Hacking isn't pure evil - Page 2 Empty Re: Hacking isn't pure evil

Post by arshan272 Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:58 pm

The Once-Ler wrote:I thought the ps3 was supposed to be free from hackers:/  I  see them all the time.  So much for Sony's security.  I hope they can keep dks 2 hack free.  I don't remember it at all in Demon's Souls.  What is the difference and why is dks hackable when des was not?
    Also, demons souls is server based, whereas dark souls uses a peer to peer connection, servers are much more easily monitored. Don't know about this mega mule though, as by the time dark souls was out my ps3 was totalled.
    Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aigaios Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:32 pm

No offence to the OP but:

Hacking was not intended to be in the game by the developers, they most likely knew someone would do in eventually but it is not a tool that is available in the game.

It might be fun, but its only fun for you or the person hacking, that is why people hack in the first place, its fun. But even if you intend to do it only with a friend Dark Souls is the kind of game were you cant really do that, since anyone at any given time can invade you.

Also you seem to totally miss out on the majority of the hackers (at least on console) that invade to either waist time, have fun while invincible or gather hatemail, all at the cost of other gamers fun, while breaking the rules of either PSN or XBL.
    arshan272
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:40 pm

Aigaios wrote:No offence to the OP but:

Hacking was not intended to be in the game by the developers, they most likely knew someone would do in eventually but it is not a tool that is available in the game.

It might be fun, but its only fun for you or the person hacking, that is why people hack in the first place, its fun. But even if you intend to do it only with a friend Dark Souls is the kind of game were you cant really do that, since anyone at any given time can invade you.

Also you seem to totally miss out on the majority of the hackers (at least on console) that invade to either waist time, have fun while invincible or gather hatemail, all at the cost of other gamers fun, while breaking the rules of either PSN or XBL.
    well organized multiplayer isn't that good on the consoles, so you can't really use it as a tool. Some of us are old enough to know that fun and fair are two very friendly words in the video game world, and anyways, a developer cannot control how a player plays their game, especially when that game wasn't going to be on a certain platform in the first place. Like mods, benevolent hacking is something that can only be done properly on the PC, where multiplayer is much easier to organize, as opposed to console, where you don't know that the fire on your invader's great lord greatsword actually doesn't do anything.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Nothing is pure evil. That doesn't mean we should just embrace it. Save edits/hacks/mods can be used to make builds, make custom pvp arrangements, or be used to explore areas of the game quicker.

HOWEVER, they most often end up in the hands of the immature f---bags that will one shot you, use escape death, and just ruin pvp in general. Dark Souls would have a much larger following if hacking was not such an issue.

I would rather not be able to instantly make builds, or explore unfinished segments in the game if it meant that I would never question whether or not a person I invade is going to use hacks on me. I'm sure most people would agree on this point. This is just civilization in its most basic form. You sacrifice some of your rights for the sake of having less harm done to you.

Edit: This is the justification for my down rep.
    arshan272
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:56 pm

hey its andres wrote:Nothing is pure evil. That doesn't mean we should just embrace it. Save edits/hacks/mods can be used to make builds, make custom pvp arrangements, or be used to explore areas of the game quicker.

HOWEVER, they most often end up in the hands of the immature f---bags that will one shot you, use escape death, and just ruin pvp in general. Dark Souls would have a much larger following if hacking was not such an issue.

I would rather not be able to instantly make builds, or explore unfinished segments in the game if it meant that I would never question whether or not a person I invade is going to use hacks on me. I'm sure most people would agree on this point. This is just civilization in its most basic form. You sacrifice some of your rights for the sake of having less harm done to you.

Edit: This is the justification for my down rep.
    Ah but most of those immature f-bags get trolled by other immature f-bags who know marginally more than them, enough to curse their weapons beforehand.

But you're absolutely right, and the analogy you provided could not be more fitting. Except it simply isn't the case in this specific situation. If you're sacrificing some of your rights here, it means that you are artificially limiting yourself if you don't DC or happen to be in a place with a lot of cliffs and pits (DCing is perfectly fine, use it often). If I hadn't had a (possible hacking device), the immature f-bag hacker would've had the satisfaction of killing me and empowering himself emotianally. You have no idea how discouraging it can be to someone who hacks for evil if they are utterly slaughtered by a player who they originally perceived to be easy prey. Granted, I hope that there is no hacking in DaS2, because of your own point made, however there is a glaring error in your perception of hacking: it is more of an unintended privilege than a right, and should not even exist in the first place. I'm just saying that we should make the most of it for the GOOD of the community.

Just to go on a tangent, I have a pipe dream: If a future souls game has a hacker problem, then I would like the devs to mod in a weapon. It does piss-poor damage, has piss-poor range, is near weightless, and is COMPLETELY USELESS in a normal game in any normal situation. It has a script attached, however, that checks if a player has stats or stat match ups that are completely outside the normal systems (like 3000
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:03 pm

Why wouldn't they just write something that checks every player with every weapon anyways?
    arshan272
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:43 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Why wouldn't they just write something that checks every player with every weapon anyways?
    Because it's more fun to use an in-game, lore integrated weapon to hack-hunt!
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:22 pm

nah
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:46 am

arshan272 wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:Do what you want with your game.  Just don't use that to interfere with other's games.  So, if you want to make cool videos like showing Manus vs Kalameet, that's fine.  If you want to grab a +15 crystal greatsword and ninja flip with havel's +15, that is not fine.
    Actually, you can't exceed parameters in the PC version. You cannot make a +15 crystal greatsword or +15 halberd. You can ninjaflip force though.

Yes you can (upgrade unupgradeable stuff that is). It doesn't show as +15, but it's still possible. Anything that can't be upgraded, that you then upgrade will show as ?WeaponName? or ?ArmorName? which makes them silly powerful.

Ever been 1 shot by a Crystal Sword? That was upgraded via hacks.

You can't do it simply by downloading the latest table and clicking checkboxes, but it's possible.
    arshan272
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:11 am

StiffNipples wrote:
    arshan272 wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:Do what you want with your game.  Just don't use that to interfere with other's games.  So, if you want to make cool videos like showing Manus vs Kalameet, that's fine.  If you want to grab a +15 crystal greatsword and ninja flip with havel's +15, that is not fine.
    Actually, you can't exceed parameters in the PC version. You cannot make a +15 crystal greatsword or +15 halberd. You can ninjaflip force though.
    Yes you can (upgrade unupgradeable stuff that is). It doesn't show as +15, but it's still possible. Anything that can't be upgraded, that you then upgrade will show as ?WeaponName? or ?ArmorName? which makes them silly powerful.

Ever been 1 shot by a Crystal Sword? That was upgraded via hacks.

You can't do it simply by downloading the latest table and clicking checkboxes, but it's possible.
    Well, I said the upgrading was impossible. I never said making OP weapons was impossible. You can change weapons really easily unfortunately. You can also inflict our changes on other games, I once had to use a backup save because one of my favourite weapons which is normally split drama mage was made to deal pure elemental damage.
    Fayt
    Fayt

Post by Fayt Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:04 am

I do not think that all types of hacking are "evil".

For example when I saw the video where a guy role-played Patches I laughed so hard.
    Yes I think he was hacking but it was well done. I bet Miyazaki would be proud.

I do not agree with getting x99 divine favors or using hacks any other hacks to gain advantage in PvP or Pve:
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:44 pm

That guy roll playing Patches had whack stats (higher than his level), at a couple of points inf hp and stamina, and at another point he changed his player state so that he could damage them but they could not damage him.

I wouldn't think Miyazaki would be proud of that, but I don't know the man so he might.

Eitherway, guy was being malicious with proper hacked stats/player states, which you're ok with, but duping DB's you're not ok with?
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:21 am

I feel like these threads are just a nonstop onslaught of zombies. It always ends up with the *clearly far more intelligent* group of people who hate all/most hacking getting caught in a circular argument with the *childish and aggressive* group the approves of hacking some/most of the time for various reasons.

It gives off the same feeling you get when you debate marijuana laws with a stoner. Look Skyward 
    arshan272
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:52 am

This is devolving into a rat tale argument quickly. What I'm saying is that none should be stigmatized for posting hacked PVP requests or any other form of organized hacking on the forums. If you don't like that sort of thing, don't respond, but don't down rep unless they are doing something legitimately bad.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:59 am

That is legitimately bad though. It's against forum rules.
    arshan272
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:00 am

hey its andres wrote:That is legitimately bad though. It's against forum rules.
    Oh bloody hell! This thread must be deleted!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:58 am