Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
Quarik
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashen Willowalk
DoughGuy
Fuzzlewhack
DJPSP360
Imarreteet23
Railage
fearandwhiskey
Saturnine Knight
TheGoddessSendell
Wareditor
HughManatee
Greyvedigger
Gravelord hunter
WyrmHero
toq-
Dalampslayer
skarekrow13
callipygias
Glueguy
Emergence
Bcex
Forum Pirate
dominoboy
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Brokewilly
Deadmeat95
befowler
LittleLuden
Tolvo
DxV04
Reaperfan
ViralEnsign_
38 posters

Gravelords UNITE!

Poll

Covenant Name Selection

[ 7 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 3 I_vote_lcap18%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 3 I_vote_lcap5%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 3 I_vote_lcap10%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 20 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 3 I_vote_lcap50%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 3 I_vote_lcap5%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 3 I_vote_lcap12%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [12%] 

Total Votes: 40
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Gravelords UNITE! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gravelords UNITE!

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:11 am

Tolvo wrote:Kind of think Firestorm, but faith based.

I'm going to be working on a new Int PvP toon soon, and I think I will be trying out gravelording with him. Are there any high traffic areas you would suggest for Gravelording? I've heard Duke's is pretty popular.

I have not done the Dukes but the bonfire after the Archers in Anor Londo is good, the bonfire in the forest is good. Right outside the bonfire in the Burg. The bottle neck that leads from the parish to Andre the Black smith. I have also gotten good results at low sl in the burg.

However I recommend sl 120 since this is apparently the sl where the majority of the population hangs out at. What is key is that you look for summoning signs on the ground. If you see a bunch of them then you have victims within your soul range.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:13 am

What I might try is being the appropriate SL for the area, so 45-60 in Anor Londo, or 60-75 in Dukes and areas like that. Because SL120 is the PvP common ground, but you won't just be infecting people looking for duels. From what I've heard and seen in videos most of the time you will be dealing with gangs of people anyway, kind of like a forest hunter.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:23 am

Please share what your experience is like with us. big grin You can also view the gravelord mechanics thread for more areas.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:39 am

Ok fellow Gravelords. We need to pin down an Sl for the upcoming event.
    Any suggestions? I have found the most action around the forest bonfire to be at sl 120 but that is just my experience. Anyone else has a different experience with bonfire are in the forest?

Also, for those who do not know this, you do not have to be inside the alvina forest hunter area to spawn BP mushroom families. You can be outside by the bonfire and spawn both BP mushrooms and stone giants.

For the event I propose 2 main areas where we shall make our signs visible. Outside Artorias door by the bonfire. The second area is a bit more complex to explain. As you come into the alvina part of the forest walk down the steps you encounter a dense area of trees, you walk past that and come out in a large clear. Right where the tree line ends thats where we should drop our EoD's and wait. The reasoning behind this is that FH will invade and know its us because we are not in the usual jumper spots by the entrance and second the gravelord sign will be visible to the jumpers from the stair if we stand at the edge of the tree line/clearing.

Please share your ideas.
    Bcex
    Bcex

Post by Bcex Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:47 am

I like this idea, I will try Gling in this erea from SL25 to75 today, if nothing happens will continue to raise SL till 120.
    LittleLuden
    LittleLuden
    Casual
    Casual

Post by LittleLuden Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:48 am

DxV04 wrote:

I'm going to be working on a new Int PvP toon soon, and I think I will be trying out gravelording with him. Are there any high traffic areas you would suggest for Gravelording? I've heard Duke's is pretty popular.

I have not done the Dukes but the bonfire after the Archers in Anor Londo is good, the bonfire in the forest is good. Right outside the bonfire in the Burg. The bottle neck that leads from the parish to Andre the Black smith. I have also gotten good results at low sl in the burg.

However I recommend sl 120 since this is apparently the sl where the majority of the population hangs out at. What is key is that you look for summoning signs on the ground. If you see a bunch of them then you have victims within your soul range.

may be a kind of beginner question but i wanna know how you can gravelord in those "low level areas". i mean, you reach the burg and andre very early in the game. to become a gravelord you need to go to the catacombs, which means, you have killed all the bosses in the earlier levels and can´t drop the eye there anymore. or do you start your walkthrough in the catacombs? thats a pretty tough place to beginn with. just wondering.
    Bcex
    Bcex

Post by Bcex Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:52 am

You dont need to kill any of the bosses to get Gravelord covenant, make a new game, and run through catacombs to Nito.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:53 pm

its a littles scary but its possible, plus you get a really nice sword for early game for joining!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:55 pm

I do have one thing to share that is simply splendid. I was a bit worried about getting the most bang for my buck as a gravelord, because this toon is an int toon. However, I decided to pick up Velka's Talisman and have found it to be absolutely a perfect set up, this is the perfect miracle for sorcery users. Here's why, with Velka the scaling switches over to Int, but the base requirements of faith stay the same. However the first Gravelord dance requires no faith to use it, and I'm pretty sure the second one is the same. I find I can deal a nasty amount of damage with it regardless of having 8 faith, just thought I'd share that.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:38 pm

There is alot of really useful info here that sheds light on this covenant. Perhaps a way to increase the viability for other players would be a revision of the wiki page:

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Gravelord+Servant

A lot of this info is older and could use some refinement from field tested experts!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:43 pm

I actually have some information regarding a certain area to GL at, the only issue is while I'm using it as a mean to help people I can easily see this as being a means for a GL to take advantage of new players and grief incredibly easy. I don't really know if I should post my findings or not, I question the state of becoming a modern Prometheus.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:16 pm

Tolvo wrote:I actually have some information regarding a certain area to GL at, the only issue is while I'm using it as a mean to help people I can easily see this as being a means for a GL to take advantage of new players and grief incredibly easy. I don't really know if I should post my findings or not, I question the state of becoming a modern Prometheus.

Tolvo - go ahead and post the information along with a disclaimer that it should not be abused by GLs so your conscience can remain as clean as whistle
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:25 pm

Now it isn't anything as easily abusive as the certain glitch, however there has been an observation I've made at SL29, an appropriate level for the area. I'm either being flooded with people who have no PvP experience, or are new players going into the depths. I don't entirely know if this has to do with people seeing a fancy sign near the bonfire and using it, or if some believe they are summoning in someone to help them. Either way out of the forty or so people that have invaded me, only two can I say had any clue what they are doing. And only one had obvious glitch gear. Because of this I had switch from my +4 Enchanted Rapier I got via some forest exploits at a low level and farming golems, I switch out rather to a starter weapon without upgrades. What I've been doing is using this as a means of a bit of practice myself, and giving these people a genuine low level PvP experience without me simply just one shotting them with their base line armor. Obviously there could be some griefing done with this knowledge, but I do advise anyone GL'ing to show some mercy. I kill them, but I give them a fighting chance. Many of them fat roll and use very slow swinging weapons, I noticed some would even be baffled by being an invader. Many did gang up on me, but again it seemed they were very afraid of fighting me one on one so I really didn't fault them for it. I even sent messages to some and indeed, they were on their first playthrough and wanted to see what the sign did. This may be common knowledge and I'm just blowing this out of proportion, but I think this can really be beneficial to the PvP scene by getting new players interested early on in PvP.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:45 pm

Tolvo wrote:Now it isn't anything as easily abusive as the certain glitch, however there has been an observation I've made at SL29, an appropriate level for the area. I'm either being flooded with people who have no PvP experience, or are new players going into the depths. I don't entirely know if this has to do with people seeing a fancy sign near the bonfire and using it, or if some believe they are summoning in someone to help them. Either way out of the forty or so people that have invaded me, only two can I say had any clue what they are doing. And only one had obvious glitch gear. Because of this I had switch from my +4 Enchanted Rapier I got via some forest exploits at a low level and farming golems, I switch out rather to a starter weapon without upgrades. What I've been doing is using this as a means of a bit of practice myself, and giving these people a genuine low level PvP experience without me simply just one shotting them with their base line armor. Obviously there could be some griefing done with this knowledge, but I do advise anyone GL'ing to show some mercy. I kill them, but I give them a fighting chance. Many of them fat roll and use very slow swinging weapons, I noticed some would even be baffled by being an invader. Many did gang up on me, but again it seemed they were very afraid of fighting me one on one so I really didn't fault them for it. I even sent messages to some and indeed, they were on their first playthrough and wanted to see what the sign did. This may be common knowledge and I'm just blowing this out of proportion, but I think this can really be beneficial to the PvP scene by getting new players interested early on in PvP.

I know what you mean. I've Gravelorded in the Parish at Sl9 and had really good results. Most players coming into the area have little pvp experience so I try to make it as fair as possible by only using a base rapier on 0 poise clothing. I also include a no BS rule, no healing, and no resin buffs. This works out well and a large number of the new players friended me and asked about the covenant and told me how they enjoyed the duels. The only thing I ever take issue with are the DW's that invade in the Parish. They get beat down, no mercy, with a hornets ring backstab from a lightining uchi (its my secret shame but they deserve it). I know people could exploit this type of eye farming but if a Gravelord doesn't provide a realatively hospitab;e world/ good duels wiithout cheap tactics repeat invasions are unlikely. So we have to play nice...sort of.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:04 pm

i get all the people in havels or stone armor with fire greatswords in the burg, i did get one dude who had no clue what was going on when they invaded... i tried kicking him to tell him he was supposed to attack me... but it screwed up and bs'd the poor guy, he came in at half hp too, and then i saw his ghost get killed by a bp hollow warrior a few minutes later...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Well I plan on using this as a means to continue to get people introduced to PvP, since they are blue phantoms they also lose nothing correct?

By the way it always feels great to get Eyes from Dark Wraiths and jump about with them before the crystal. I never realized how much support one gets as a GL. Then again I also farm humanity down there so I leave humanity as gifts for each invader.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:45 pm

Tolvo wrote: I do advise anyone GL'ing to show some mercy. I kill them, but I give them a fighting chance.

This is very good advice because there is a fine line and what would happen if you play at low sls and abuse players with an OP toon then the next gravelord sign they see they will just ignore. I give them a fighting chance as much as possible but I keep the edge because I need EoDs and I need to populate other words with BPs.

Thank you for bringing this up Tolvo. Proper Bow
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:46 pm

Tolvo wrote:Well I plan on using this as a means to continue to get people introduced to PvP, since they are blue phantoms they also lose nothing correct?

By the way it always feels great to get Eyes from Dark Wraiths and jump about with them before the crystal. I never realized how much support one gets as a GL. Then again I also farm humanity down there so I leave humanity as gifts for each invader.

They do not loose anything except the get sent back to the bonfire.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:48 pm

LittleLuden wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:

may be a kind of beginner question but i wanna know how you can gravelord in those "low level areas". i mean, you reach the burg and andre very early in the game. to become a gravelord you need to go to the catacombs, which means, you have killed all the bosses in the earlier levels and can´t drop the eye there anymore. or do you start your walkthrough in the catacombs? thats a pretty tough place to beginn with. just wondering.

I sent you a PM with a path that you can take if you are going from the asylum to join nito.

Any gravelords in PS3 that can help lead this brother to nito's lair please help him.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:52 pm

Come to think of it the humanity incentive probably has been helping, because I see a lot of the same people. That might a tip to GL's, maybe have a little something to give these people who are willing to fight you one on one. I know I actually had one guy who tried to gang up on me a few times, and other times had to go solo against me. Every time he went solo I dropped some humanity for him. He invaded three more times with some others and waited behind as they ran in, when it came time for us to fight I dropped him a Twin humanity and fought him. I killed him, but I think I might have tough someone through positive reinforcement to duel. Food for thought.

By the way I became a GL on this toon at SL3. You can just run through most of the Catacombs, hop into the grave and get sent there. If you pick up the Homeward Bone from the chests below the elevator in Firelink you can just homeward out, and bam back in fire link. Takes around 5-10 minutes. The trick is keeping your shield up and running so if any managed to hit you, you don't get staggered and swarmed. Skeletons often fall off of the ledges on their way to you, and don't fall for Patches. Run onto his bridge then run off of it and let him fail to kill you, then speak with it and correct the bridge and head on in. Keep going the normal path without using drops, and get into the coffin to the left of the titanite demon. It may take some tries, but with starter gear it can easily be done.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:17 pm

Tolvo wrote:Well I plan on using this as a means to continue to get people introduced to PvP, since they are blue phantoms they also lose nothing correct?

I have to put this out there. As a Gravelord you get no support whatsoever. In order to create eyes one need to kill the spirits of vengeance themselves. If they don't you get nothing. If a DW invades and kills a precious spirit you lose out on the EoD. Also SoV rarely actually target the DW though the DW target them. So essentially you have to target SoV's first before the Dw's get to them. You literally have no friends in this PvP style as everone wants you dead.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:20 pm

No I've been getting messages from DW's to keep up the good work along with getting EoD's from them before they leave. In the forest some of the hunters as well drop EoD for me and bow before leaving. I find there is a lot of support from invaders.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:51 pm

@ Tolvo and Viral,

I have experienced both of those situations but it varies so much that it is hard to get a handle on the mood of the other participants. I sometimes get really defensive and show no mercy but that is mostly when I am in the forest or the Parish. For me it is very situational and based also on the sl I am fighting at.

However, I have to admit that Viral's version occurs more than yours Tolvo. But I have also done what Tolvo suggests and given humanity to DWs and they usually will kill SoV's for me to show their gratitude.

But first you have to kill them a few times LOL
    Glueguy
    Glueguy
    Casual
    Casual

Gravelords UNITE! - Page 3 Empty I'll bite

Post by Glueguy Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:41 am

I only have interest in two covenants and gravelord is one of them. I've made a handfull of gravelords and have little to no success with any of them. I'm off work in two hours and my lvl 125 faith/dex character is going straight to the catacombs to join.

Don't know how I can help or what exactly is going on but let me know what I can do or if anything needs to be tested.

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:45 am

Glueguy wrote:I only have interest in two covenants and gravelord is one of them. I've made a handfull of gravelords and have little to no success with any of them. I'm off work in two hours and my lvl 125 faith/dex character is going straight to the catacombs to join.

Don't know how I can help or what exactly is going on but let me know what I can do or if anything needs to be tested.

If you signed up to the forums just for this then we are doing our job well. If I seem a little too egotistical its probably because I am. Lol if this is the case we will work hard to ensure that all the gravelords get the most out of the User Cov.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:14 am