Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Serious_Much
Carphil
Enigma5991
Johannsny
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
10 posters

Sif, the Great Grey Wolf

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Sif, the Great Grey Wolf - Page 2 Empty Re: Sif, the Great Grey Wolf

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:13 am

I knew someone had to have done that.
    PhlyingDutchman
    PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:55 pm

"Soul of Sif the Great Grey Wolf, who guards the grave of Artorias the Abysswalker.
    Special beings have special souls. Use the soul of Sif, who inherited the divine knightsword, to acquire a huge amount of souls, or to create a unique weapon."

I think that if Sif is Artorias' spirit, the description of Sif's soul would be different. Sounds like Sif was Artorias' companion to me.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:16 pm

PhlyingDutchman wrote:"Soul of Sif the Great Grey Wolf, who guards the grave of Artorias the Abysswalker.
    Special beings have special souls. Use the soul of Sif, who inherited the divine knightsword, to acquire a huge amount of souls, or to create a unique weapon."

I think that if Sif is Artorias' spirit, the description of Sif's soul would be different. Sounds like Sif was Artorias' companion to me.

But think about this. Every other soul you use to create a weapon creates a weapon called "name of owners soul" sword/axe/etc. Why would kSif's soul create the greatsword of artorias if it wasn't actually Artorias's sword?
    PhlyingDutchman
    PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:15 am

DoughGuy wrote:
    PhlyingDutchman wrote:"Soul of Sif the Great Grey Wolf, who guards the grave of Artorias the Abysswalker.

But think about this. Every other soul you use to create a weapon creates a weapon called "name of owners soul" sword/axe/etc. Why would kSif's soul create the greatsword of artorias if it wasn't actually Artorias's sword?

Do you mean Artorias' soul? It's a good point, especially because you can also make his shield with Sif's soul. Otherwise, I'd say all of the weapons that you've categorized by their owners' names can be alternately categorized as the weapons used by the bosses.

The second weapon that you can make perhaps tells us more about the bosses:
    *chaos blade from the chaos witch
    *dragon bone fist from what was originally the bone of an everlasting dragon.
    *crystal ring shield from a creature created in the crystal caves

Interesting. I still don't think that Sif is Artorias in the body of a wolf, but perhaps some of his soul has passed to the Great Grey Wolf.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:17 am

Yeah thats is my theory. You can rad it on the first page of this.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:15 am

I'd think its because Sif inherited the blade from Artorias, the original owner. In that sense, it will always be the sword of Artorias.

Think of it like how the player can use Quelaag's fury, the weapon is in the hands of a new owner, but it'll always be Quelaag's signature weapon.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:25 am

He's cute and cuddly, that is all.
    PhlyingDutchman
    PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:26 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Yeah thats is my theory. You can rad it on the first page of this.

Yeah, I read the whole thread before I posted. I guess my contention is with Artorias' drifting soul mutating a random baby wolf into the Great Grey Wolf. Recall that Artorias' ring is the Wolf Ring, so I would presume that a wolf was already his totem during life (just like Orstein bears lion imagery on his armor and carried the Leo Ring). I'm guessing that Artorias and the already-noble Great Grey Wolf were close companions in life, hence Sif "inheriting" Artorias' sword. Perhaps when Sif took up Artorias's sword to defend his grave, a part of the fallen warrior's soul (as bound to the sword through its creation) passed to Sif.

I'm still unclear on the chronology of the inheritance- Artorias' sword was cursed when he made a covenant with the creatures of the Abyss, so is Sif wielding the cursed blade? This would imply that Sif was still with Artorias after his dark covenant, until his death (at the hands of Cirian for betraying Gwyn, or did Cirian come to lament the loss of his fellow knight?). Sif's soul's description, however, says that the wolf inherited the "divine knightsword." If the sword is the divine blade, then Artorias would have had to have left his divine sword with his corporeal body at his grave when he entered the Abyss. I don't think that it is a stretch to consider the Abyss a metaphor for death, but now we're running into having two copies of Artorias' blade running around simultaneously, which doesn't sound right. His cursed sword's description says that the blade became cursed, so it seems like it had to go with him in the Abyss.

Has anyone sorted out how Sif could inherit the divine sword, when the same sword also became cursed with Artorias?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:57 pm

I'm about to post some external lore on Emergence's thread that might pertain to the swords and therefore the puppy too big grin
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:22 pm

Perhaps instead of his soul going into Sif it joined with it's current soul and created a new blade. So you have Sif with Sif's soul, wielding Artorias's sword with Artorias's soul in it, but the two souls linked together so that they eventually become one greater soul shared between two vessel.s

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:17 pm