Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Pargar-theGreat
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Glutebrah
PlasticandRage
BARZOHD-
Blazefury
Cloudrunner
dst_alshamsi
Doelker
ublug
elvishlunatic
Yarxov
theAnimus
Reaperfan
BoilerFan8472
Carphil
Zakkia
Serious_Much
22 posters

Anyone want to compare Dark and Demon's?

Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Anyone want to compare Dark and Demon's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone want to compare Dark and Demon's?

Post by Pargar-theGreat Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:28 pm

lol good point, I just asked Quelaag from you tube about patches. he totally slipped my mind lol
    damn cacacombs *)
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Anyone want to compare Dark and Demon's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone want to compare Dark and Demon's?

Post by Pargar-theGreat Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:37 pm

@ Danthuyer, demon souls is a much lonelier game than dark souls. I was looking for help there as well hit me up i prolly have a guy similar soul level. send the request my tag on this page is also my psn or to Tuloom good luck
    Danthuyer
    Danthuyer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Danthuyer Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:47 pm

@ Serious - Yeah I dont mind soloing most of the content. I managed to solo most of Dark Souls and like yourself I like the accomplishment of completing the game myself first or lose what remaining hair I have before asking for help. Although your comment about regional servers is perplexing as I am seeing A LOT ! of white apparitions in my solo play which means there are people playing the game in the same area as me and I would expect them to be similar level to me ? (28)

@Pargar - Sure mate I'll add you when I get home tonight. Having someone to play with makes the game that much more fun happy

Going back to the original thread topic about comparing the 2 I still find that the trash is more forgiving in demon than dark, I went through and had a look at 5-1 and 4-1 last night and I didn't have too many issues esp after I got my talisman from 4-1 so that I can use 'heal' now.

But again playing at least one of the games has definitely prepared me better for the other as I fins that in dark souls I just went in as a dex build and wielded a lightening spear or furysword all the way through. here in demon I started as a noble and soul speared my way through most of the beginning content until I found the secret dagger last night which @ +6 already is very useful happy
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Danthuyer i got told it's regional, though i dunno whether australia is bundled with another region? I dunno but yeah i agree that the servers seem pretty full for regional servers for just briain and europe..

Danthuyer.. NOBLE? *** barbarian (deprived) is where it's at, have to find all your weapons and armour silly

Though it's pretty good so far, got some quite powerful weapons and decent armour i think for where i am, just need to know where to farm certain ores now so i can upgrade more..

Last edited by Serious_Much on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:11 am

follow up about patches and i also asked about th geckos

The geckos have an entirely different appearance than the first.

And Patches / The crestfallen warrior were somewhat of an issue. From and Sony have actually been in a legal battle which ended very recently (according to one of my viewers - though it hasn't been present in any media so far). I want to say From didn't have many charges or maybe they were dropped. Who knows. I don't have access to details.

from Quelaag on youtube check her out if you want to know about dark souls lore and mythology
    sjackson12
    sjackson12
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sjackson12 Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:13 pm

NG+ is incredibly more difficult in Demon's Souls compared to Dark Souls, though not in all levels. I'm finding myself skipping by stuff a lot more just so I have to deal with as few enemies as possible, for example only using the quick route in 2-2, using Soul Remains to deal with BP Mind Flayers and gold skeletons.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:46 pm

I played Demon Souls 2+ years ago and got maybe halfway before stopping (was offline 'cause no internet at the time). After playing a lot of Dark Souls, I went back and recently beat Demon Souls on NG. It was a lot of fun actually, and I think it is a much harder game than DkS. Certainly the vibe is much darker, which is part of it.

Online play is obviously slow, and I only saw a few signs the entire game. I did get summoned maybe 10-12 times though (levels 35-40 and 60 seemed to be hotspots in 2-2 and 1-3+/4-2 respectively), plus got invaded a few times here and there noticeably 4-1, 4-2 etc. One interestingly thing is that char builds seemed to matter more in DS -- I did a classic faith build with holy mirdan + adjudicators + old king armor for all the regen and had no problem with invaders even though I had no idea how to PvP. The great build more than made up for my play deficiencies, which is rarely the case in DkS.

All in all, I like Dark Souls because coop is more fun there, but think Demon Souls has better atmosphere and style, and generally better level design. I'm prouder of beating demon souls than I am of dark souls for sure
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:56 pm

I just revisited Demon's after not having played since it first came out. It was definitely nice to have magic and miracles separate memory wise. Meant you could carry more spells of each just by leveling their respective stats as opposed to attunement. I also feel the loss of upgrade paths which favor pure strength or dex scaling, as well as status giving upgrade paths. Poison giving weapons can be so nice in pvp.

If any of you are looking for help add me. I've actually been looking for people to help in order to gain white tendency in a few places where I screwed it up for. My SL is 85ish. Oh and my PSN ID is the same as it is here.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:24 pm

Yes there are region bound servers, I was on the European server which is probably the least populated of all of them. I heard that the US servers are busy though, and yes co op is harder to come by but so are invaders.
    Praise the Sun

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:57 pm