Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
whitechikz11
Medi_Pack
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
SunlightCrusader
AMKproductions10
Shkar
manuel_646
TehInfamousAmos
Forum Pirate
Maneater_Mildred
Ser Isaac
WyrmHero
DxV04
ViralEnsign_
Tolvo
DoughGuy
20 posters

The Noble Knights Maxed thread

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

The Noble Knights Maxed thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Noble Knights Maxed thread

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun May 20, 2012 10:20 pm

Lol + 1 for say that. Yeah what I love about making my Knights is that I can overly inundate them with titles and junk.

Though you are right.

However I dont think Avrik the Crow was an overly long on uncalled for title.

Its all that would fit in the DkS naming area (aka Id never have called him that if I could have fit Tyrhannos in there.)

Suffice it to be

The Exile Knight Ser Joran Letos

or

The Exile Knight Cairn Kingsblade.

Aye and names be powerful things, thats why I name them thus.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The Noble Knights Maxed thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Noble Knights Maxed thread

Post by SunlightCrusader Sun May 20, 2012 10:24 pm

Viral I get the distinct feeling that you have watched Game of Thrones or read the books associated with it(A Song of Ice and Fire). Many of your names and titles resonate with those from them.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun May 20, 2012 10:25 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Lol + 1 for say that. Yeah what I love about making my Knights is that I can overly inundate them with titles and junk.

Though you are right.

However I dont think Avrik the Crow was an overly long on uncalled for title.

Its all that would fit in the DkS naming area (aka Id never have called him that if I could have fit Tyrhannos in there.)

Suffice it to be

The Exile Knight Ser Joran Letos

or

The Exile Knight Cairn Kingsblade.

Aye and names be powerful things, thats why I name them thus.

See, now that's reasonable! I'm not going to stick to JUST one title for Irixm Plagius, but I won't go sticking them all in one massive wad of names like that lol

Although, now I need to come up with lore for Rocky the Fist...
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun May 20, 2012 10:31 pm

Aye I love the series. Though Whiterock is my City from the Swords of the Ancestors (perhaps not by the sea), Eos the Galactic eden from my Sci Fi serial Horizon, Oathbreaker and Exile Knight are just lore devices though.

Damn i'm being influenced by Song of Fire and Ice.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sun May 20, 2012 10:38 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Aye I love the series. Though Whiterock is my City from the Swords of the Ancestors (perhaps not by the sea), Eos the Galactic eden from my Sci Fi serial Horizon, Oathbreaker and Exile Knight are just lore devices though.

I thought so. I read the entire series so when you said First Lance of Eos I thought of the First Sword of Bravos (I may have forgotten a letter there). Alas for he is lost to us. Also the name Ser Joran combine with oathbreaker and exile brought Ser Jorah to mind.

Edit: While I'm guessing inspirations: Shkar was your hilariously insane Plagius inspired by Pelagius the Mad from the Elder Scrolls? Just figured there could be a connection.

Last edited by SunlightCrusader on Sun May 20, 2012 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 20, 2012 10:56 pm

@Viral I've pmed you my choice and I'll add it to the roster.
    @Medi your build is good but you really need those green blossoms. The lack of stamina could really be an issue with such a large weapon.
    I cant leave this place for 2 hours without 2 pages of stuff being added!
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sun May 20, 2012 11:06 pm

DoughGuy wrote:@Viral I've pmed you my choice and I'll add it to the roster.
    @Medi your build is good but you really need those green blossoms. The lack of stamina could really be an issue with such a large weapon.
    I cant leave this place for 2 hours without 2 pages of stuff being added!

Just look at it as you have members very dedicated to the covenant.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun May 20, 2012 11:08 pm

SunlightCrusader wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:Aye I love the series. Though Whiterock is my City from the Swords of the Ancestors (perhaps not by the sea), Eos the Galactic eden from my Sci Fi serial Horizon, Oathbreaker and Exile Knight are just lore devices though.

I thought so. I read the entire series so when you said First Lance of Eos I thought of the First Sword of Bravos (I may have forgotten a letter there). Alas for he is lost to us. Also the name Ser Joran combine with oathbreaker and exile brought Ser Jorah to mind.

Edit: While I'm guessing inspirations: Shkar was your hilariously insane Plagius inspired by Pelagius the Mad from the Elder Scrolls? Just figured there could be a connection.

Actually, I was originally planning to make him a Sith themed character (longsword with fire resin, and Fire Surge for a firey force "lightning"). I was planning on having him be a gravelord, so I picked a Sith-like name involving death and Plagius came to mind.

The insane part just came about as a spur of the moment choice in teh war thread, and I liked the idea.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 20, 2012 11:12 pm

I think everyone does. I look forward to seeing more of his antics in the war.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sun May 20, 2012 11:14 pm

Out of all the lore I have read I like Plagius the best. He is absolutely hilarious.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun May 20, 2012 11:15 pm

In other news, I'm rethinking the weapons for use by Lady Anveena. What weapon would the Thorolund leadership make sure a cleric/sorcreess was trained in before heading to the land of undead?

I'm leaning toward a dagger or a rapier...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Well the males use axes and maces so I wouldnt use those. The maidens seem to prefer not to hold weaponry which to me seems like they would have a hidden weapon. Dagger would fit best but depending on her association with your knight she may have been taught to wield a rapier or straight sword by him.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sun May 20, 2012 11:23 pm

Shkar wrote:In other news, I'm rethinking the weapons for use by Lady Anveena. What weapon would the Thorolund leadership make sure a cleric/sorcreess was trained in before heading to the land of undead?

Thorolund is filled with divine weapons and clerics favor blunt weapons. In general Thorolund does not approve of sorcery.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 20, 2012 11:33 pm

But you have to remember this is a maiden like Reah. Large blunt weapons dont fit the persona.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sun May 20, 2012 11:35 pm

DoughGuy wrote:But you have to remember this is a maiden like Reah. Large blunt weapons dont fit the persona.

Ah true. I'd say a slender, graceful weapon then like a rapier but make it divine for the cleric aspect.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 21, 2012 12:03 am

Lol you could tell? Yeah Jorah is my favourite character!

Oh and Estoc Boyo! Long sword come rapier!

Im looking for a decent weapon too. Thinking either long sword or bastard sword/
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 21, 2012 12:06 am

I didnt like the bastard sword when I used it. I found the first swing has far too long a cool down. If you ever fight silver knights, you'll get hit recovering from that first attack a lot. Never used the long sword.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon May 21, 2012 12:17 am

SunlightCrusader wrote:
    Shkar wrote:In other news, I'm rethinking the weapons for use by Lady Anveena. What weapon would the Thorolund leadership make sure a cleric/sorcreess was trained in before heading to the land of undead?

Thorolund is filled with divine weapons and clerics favor blunt weapons. In general Thorolund does not approve of sorcery.

Oh, I know. I'm going for, "she's ungodly attuned to magic...". She's going to have 50 Fth/Int, and 45 Dex, so she can capitalize off any spell.

So, general consensus seems to be dagger/rapier. I already have a +5 Enchanted Bandit's Knife (It's awesome), and a +5 Velka's rapier. Aside from that, I'm debating whether I should use one of those, or a +15 buffed/+5 Enchanted Ricard's rapier...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 21, 2012 12:20 am

You already have Velka's rapier so I would go with the buffed ricards. Btw what cov is she going to be in?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon May 21, 2012 12:21 am

DoughGuy wrote:You already have Velka's rapier so I would go with the buffed ricards. Btw what cov is she going to be in?

Princess Guard. It fits for RP reasons, so I can have it that she was sent by Gwynevere big grin
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon May 21, 2012 12:21 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Lol you could tell? Yeah Jorah is my favourite character!

Oh and Estoc Boyo! Long sword come rapier!

Im looking for a decent weapon too. Thinking either long sword or bastard sword/

It's my favorite series ever so I am always on the look out for stuff like this. My favorite character is probably Jon Snow so the events of the latest book moved me almost to tears.

I reccomend the Balder Side Sword for balance or Ricard's Rapier for pure thrust; its power attack combo is brutal if you can pull it off. Thats just my two cents though.

Last edited by SunlightCrusader on Mon May 21, 2012 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 21, 2012 12:23 am

^That is too close to a spoiler for me! I'm only watching the TV series.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 21, 2012 12:25 am

DONT EVER TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS OR THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY!
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon May 21, 2012 12:28 am

DoughGuy wrote:^That is too close to a spoiler for me! I'm only watching the TV series.

Oh sorry I tried to be as vague as possible. If it helps it's far from the first time I have almost been moved to tears by the series and many of those moments involve him so relax a little. You should read the books they are really good.

Edit: Just going to shut up now.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 21, 2012 12:32 am

Spoilers of Game of Thrones will be met with demotions and hirings of the AoV.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:44 am