Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
Big Ben
theGentleman
DeCeleRator93
nsane32
kingkellogg
strangejoy
Soulkrazy
shadowsoldiers
Baynay
Ser Winston
Whknight
RaSoul
The_Tao
belkaizer
retention_sb
Domhnall
Reaperfan
k0rruptid
Flubious
Whintir
Serious_Much
theAnimus
Cloudrunner
Scudman_Slayer
Dustofsaturn
Carphil
ChizFreak
aceluby
Godless Servant
33 posters

Most challenging boss Part 1

Poll

Toughest boss

[ 1 ]
    Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap1%Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [1%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 14 ]
    Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap18%Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 2 ]
    [ 3 ]
    Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [9%] 
    [ 40 ]
    Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [50%] 

Total Votes: 80
    Poll closed
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Most challenging boss Part 1

Post by theAnimus Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:41 pm

There's a +/- in the righthand corner of the post window. The window with the posted text in it, to the left of the avatar.
    Godless Servant
    Godless Servant
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Godless Servant Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:43 pm

Did you notice after you became casual rank or even as a newbie?
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:44 pm

Hmmm, I don't remember tbh
    Domhnall
    Domhnall
    Regular
    Regular

Location : Crosslegged in the Sewers, Occasionally Under a Bridge

Post by Domhnall Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:01 pm

I'm gonna have to throw in with the Capra Demon. On my first playthrough, that guy got me more than any other boss. Took me soooo long to beat him. Was offline, though. By the time you get to the Four Kings, you can just tank n' spank it. It is difficult though. Still, Capra gave me more of a hard time. I still hate that passage with the Capras in the Demon Ruins.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:02 pm

How much is the master key?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:04 pm

^^not bad silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:04 pm

Ill give you 4000 for the key and all 3 resins together.

final offer
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:07 pm

Only if when I "talk" to you, instead of saying: "hmm... there is nothing to see here", you say to me:"hmm... you can access a great tree in blighttown, follow the way down, reach a lake where you will find a dragon who trains people to be dragons themselves".

Deal?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:09 pm

Far, FAR too steep a deal that one.

my offer is better.
    retention_sb
    retention_sb

Post by retention_sb Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:26 pm

i would be the only one to pick the asylum deamon. oh well i guess thats what i get for buying dark souls and thinking it was going to be easy
    belkaizer
    belkaizer
    Casual
    Casual

Post by belkaizer Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:26 am

Carphil wrote:For my first playthrough, the boss I most died by was super Ornstein, oh he gave me so much trouble, but after killing him I never had problem with Ornstein and Smough again. However, I died at least 3 times in every playthrough by Ceaseless Discharge. Seriously, in every playthrough he one shotted me with his fire breath attack.

is funny. super ornstein killed me a lot. i didnt even summoned solaire( newbie mistake) and i think my blood presure went up. but after that i did co op for that fight a lot. super ornstein has a lot of moves. the one i hate the most was the lighting impale because i some times made the mistake to roll to the sides and he always gets you if you do that.
    The_Tao
    The_Tao
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The_Tao Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:31 am

I found Crossbreed Priscilla quite challenging. It took me almost four attempts at her before I finally realized her footprints.

Also due to poor planning and lack of magic defense, more than one of my toons has spend a day or two on the Demon Firesage.
    Godless Servant
    Godless Servant
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Godless Servant Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:33 am

The_Tao wrote:
    Also due to poor planning and lack of magic defense, more than one of my toons has spend a day or two on the Demon Firesage.

I finally voted myself as I was debating the question with the options on this first part of the poll and I had to go with the Demon Firesage, on newgame+, I think he killed me 4 or 5 times every other boss was either killed 1st try or second attempt, you'd think after fighting a boss with that same mechanic over and over I'd have it nailed down and that's what I thought rolling up to him, I was very wrong. lol
    RaSoul
    RaSoul
    Regular
    Regular

Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Capra Demon

Post by RaSoul Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:39 am

In every playtrough I´ve been trying to kill Capra Demon with my skills...

but after a death streak where in COD I would have turned of the xbox long ago, I just buy endless of fire bombs and end up using the famous glitch/bug to kill him... :scratch:

I just can´t figure him out
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:43 am

I vote 4kings, was easily the hardest boss I've fought so far in NG+, not even S and O bothered me, heck didn't even die, 4kings though went 1/5.
    Ser Winston
    Ser Winston

Post by Ser Winston Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:40 pm

Four Kings, without a doubt.

My word, the amount of times I had to trudge through New Londo. It was miserable. It's the one part of the game I continually dread.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:07 pm

Yea, maybe because you can only use one ring in battle, or because their attack type is 50% phisical, 50% magic/occult , maybe because they are fast and can predict your moves, not sure but the abyss is really not a good place to fight.
    Baynay
    Baynay

Post by Baynay Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:21 pm

Ceaseless Discharge without the "trick" is a pain in the ass, and I really really hate bed of chaos, who can troll me for hours on any of my characters I make ...
    shadowsoldiers
    shadowsoldiers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by shadowsoldiers Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:33 pm

The only boss I really have trouble with is the centepede demon.. That thing.. I don't even know why but it's just better at the game than me. I just have so much trouble killing it. Only hard boss before NG+6 imo. (thats when 4kings really start to get.. mean..)
    Soulkrazy
    Soulkrazy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Soulkrazy Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:14 pm

capra demon was a pain during my first playthrough! murdered me multiple times!

the first time i walked into the fog door and saw the battle area and the monster... i was like... "Oh S**T! Im gonna die now!"
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:18 pm

I don't get why capra has so many votes.. I have absolutely no trouble with him anymore..

And even on my first playthrough he only got me three times, before i figured he could one shot me through my block with his overhead attack silly
    Soulkrazy
    Soulkrazy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Soulkrazy Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:32 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I don't get why capra has so many votes.. I have absolutely no trouble with him anymore..

And even on my first playthrough he only got me three times, before i figured he could one shot me through my block with his overhead attack silly

Its probably because of its location... being in tight quarters! He is also the first boss where you are actually outnumbered from the get go... 3 (boss & 2 dogs) vs 1
    Godless Servant
    Godless Servant
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Godless Servant Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I don't get why capra has so many votes.. I have absolutely no trouble with him anymore..

That's exactly why I'm doing the polls in the fairest way possible, I've never had an issue with the four kings and thought the bed of chaos was laughable but other bosses have kicked me in the teeth numerous times.

Actually the only times I've had a problem with the four kings is when I was helping someone else and the host would die over and over

The capra demon also charges at you straight away and hes not that far off from the start which can probably throw some people off, I know my first time fighting him I survived by a mini panic attack and rolled and kept rolling until I hit the stairs and was thinking oh sweet developers, high ground.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:38 pm

It's those damn dogs! I had trouble with Capra on my first run through because I hadn't yet figured out poise. Try Capra with zero poise, where one dog bite equals certain death. Woof!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:43 pm

I didnt know about poise either, but i just used my shield A LOT!

I have to admit, i accidentally discovered the high ground worked wonders on my 4th time trying to get rid of dogs, then just had a proper fight with the capra demon.. He's still the only enemy on the game that makes me feel like it's a proper duel

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:47 am