Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
BishopHavel
Onion Knight
ViralEnsign_
Dubscythe
xomgitsjasonx
RANT
Spurgun
Whknight
Jovias-86
JohnnyHarpoon
FruitPunchNinja
FlamingHarlekin
NoResorb
FexDS
Rynoa
User
TheMiracle
Tolvo
RaSoul
DoughGuy
WarriorOfSunlight
Sulfur
Artorias
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Serious_Much
Griever
Wounding_Peregrine
Carphil
sunbro
Yukon
WyrmHero
35 posters

More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers)

Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Re: More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers)

Post by Artorias Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:32 pm

For me it seems that the matchmaking system will ruin the dark souls atmosphere of getting invaded unexpectedly and you lose all the adrenaline, i never wanted this to happen but FROM... Please dont make the souls series like an mmorpg, instead be unique
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Re: More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers)

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:36 pm

Yukon wrote:Serious do you mean they didn't work or you didn't like them? Because I used that image hosting thing on the site.

they didnt work for me, but I've seen the pictures, looks kinda like the bow is made of stone.. It's another bow like DS bow though
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:41 pm

seriously though if the dlc doesn't come to console... dks will probably be my last purchase from From software or bandai namco, because not giving something desperately asked for to the fans who made this series international success possible, but instead giving it to new comers who'll just hack the game etc. anyway, that is betrayal plain and simple.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:51 pm

Artorias wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2012/apr/17/dark-souls-pc-dlc-news
    There might not be DLC, WTH FROM the newcomers get a new storyline and arena

LOL he says he won't say the secret of the Pendant for the rest of his life WTF!!!!!!! Miyazaki you are the biggest troll ever!!!!!
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:54 pm

LOL i know
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:07 pm

Artorias wrote:For me it seems that the matchmaking system will ruin the dark souls atmosphere of getting invaded unexpectedly and you lose all the adrenaline, i never wanted this to happen but FROM... Please dont make the souls series like an mmorpg, instead be unique
    This isn't From's doing, the port is being handled by Namco Bandai. All the 'additional content' is just the left overs cut out from development. Namco Bandai is just trying to milk the sales, they don't give a damn about the fans not a single major publisher around does.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:23 pm

Edited the OP with the pictures as the website is a little glitchy.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:26 pm

I wonder what's new on Sen's Fortress. bounce
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:57 pm

Damn I'm in love with Artorias armor. It looks like Ornstein's armor but darker and more cool.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:07 pm

Me too!!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:48 pm

We might get to see Sen's before the forest grew around it!
    Griever
    Griever
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Griever Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:34 am

I can understand everyones fears of the pvp matchmaking ruining the atmosphere. If they included maybe a wait system which queued players at popular fight location i.e the kiln I don't think this would change the atmosphere.

As all we do at the moment is simply wait to either invade/be invaded.

However I have the feeling that there may be a seperate "Arena" mode built purely for pvp duels. Being a sperate component accessed from the start menu perhaps. This wouldn't detract anything from the main game.

However this is just speculation on my behalf.
    RaSoul
    RaSoul
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RaSoul Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:13 am

Griever wrote:However I have the feeling that there may be a seperate "Arena" mode built purely for pvp duels. Being a sperate component accessed from the start menu perhaps. This wouldn't detract anything from the main game.

That would actually be pretty nice. Monster Hunter Tri has some sort of multiplayer city, where you pick op those quests right? I don't think this would work in Dark Souls, but somewhat the idea attracts me happy
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:15 am

Is it me or does Artorias' armor look like a modified Black Knight set? As well he might have some relation to that black dragon, maybe where he got the idea for parts of the appearance. I'll have to look into this, kind of goes with my idea of Artorias leading the Black Knights.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:17 am

I think the item descriptions for a lot of black knight equipment states they followed gwyn, but the dragonslayer archers could have been factions given to gough, and the spear using silver knights could have been factions to ornstien. Meaning Artorias, could have lead the knights who use great swords and such. Ciaran was an assasin.. so I don't think she commanded black knights but instead something like the painted guaridans.

I don't think the whole of the black knights was under the command of any one person, rather that gwyn split his units between commanders. But I can't prove anything right now, I'll post some item descriptions that lead me to think this way later if you are interested tolvo.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:20 am

I'm willing to listen Yuk, I might not read it today but tomorrow when I'm less fading in and out I'll definitely read it.

Maybe they also just belonged to these groups, like maybe he was a Black Knight that rose above the rest.
    TheMiracle

Post by TheMiracle Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:26 pm

I love this game!, Another six months without reading any DrS Related on the internet!!! Yeaaa!!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Interesting... the warrior with the axe has a similar helm to that of the stone guardians... I do hope for it to come for the consoles.
    Wounding_Peregrine

Post by Wounding_Peregrine Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:22 pm

Yeah, the stone guardian look-alike is pretty interesting, rather huge and seems less uniform than those we know in darkroot.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:28 pm

Can you take that axe? Stone Greataxe scaling with faith or Int? Hopefully it does not have TWoP included.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:11 pm

it'll have a slow on hit de buff, or something similar as thats the stone knights signature magic type.... by the way... artorias and friends were all giants or at least gwyn sized... the pic we've concluded is gough looks a lot like the giant black smith... is gough a giant and if so how huge is the bow shown in another pic? dsb size? bigger? or dsb power but no knock back but can fire regular arrows?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:57 pm

I don't think Gough and company were giants like the giants (sens and blacksmith). I would really like them to be just like Ornstein or Smough (before turning into giants). That would classify them as a species, as demigods (bigger than humans, with god-like powers). And I think Gough's bow would be like the Dragonslayer Bow, but with the lightning element as well as it's own arrows. Also with the greatest range of all bows, low scaling to balance things (like D in dex and C in faith).
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:58 pm

Is it just me or any of you guys pissed that there has been no news about DLC? From pls dont betray us
    Wounding_Peregrine

Post by Wounding_Peregrine Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:56 pm

It's namco that decides whether to release the content as DLC and it's unlikely that we will see any announcement before the PC version is a confirmed commercial success. It makes no business sense. Shareholders - grr! Although, practically, both companies have to do what's best for them.

Back on topic, I firmly believe that the rest of Gwyn's knights will be roughly ornstein height. I wonder if Hawkeye is hunting the big black dragon...
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:19 pm

I always found it odd that ornstein is bigger than gwyn

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm