Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
FruitPunchNinja
Railage
Shkar
Glutebrah
Forum Pirate
RANT
Rynn
11 posters

"Phantom Kujiii has disconnected from the world" "Lost Connection to Host" "Phantom Kujii has pivot Backstabbed you 26 times."

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

"Phantom Kujiii has disconnected from the world" "Lost Connection to Host" "Phantom Kujii has pivot Backstabbed you 26 times." Empty "Phantom Kujiii has disconnected from the world" "Lost Connection to Host" "Phantom Kujii has pivot Backstabbed you 26 times."

Post by Rynn Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:43 pm

I can fight pretty dirty if I want to, but fortunately it's very hard to incur such a wrath... in fact I don't Pivot BS or disconnect from even 3 vs 1 fights... so what would cause me to do any of the thread titles evil tricks?

• Running Away to Crush Humanities
      If I'm having a perfectly wonderful match with you, and suddenly before you die, you run off and crush a humanity, I'm likely to just black crystal out, or head back to the X-box menu, rather then continue to fight you. It's not that I condemn healing, but rather, I condemn cowardice, and if you attempt to run away to heal, rather then finding an opportunity to do it while standing in front of me (which is more often then one might consider), I won't have any more of you.
      Just today, I was fighting an individual who had Sunlight Blade on a washing pole, he was trying his darnedest to hit me, and I only have 764 HP, so if he did hit me, it would have been a very quick match, but he failed to hit me at any point, I inflicted approximately 1600 damage to him, and then when he was almost dead, he ran behind some mobs and healed via a humanity. I immediately disconnected, and he sent me some hatemail for being a "Coward"
    • Backstabbing.
      Ever. Don't do it. If you backstab me, and I actually live through the experience, I'll repay you with at least 3 more then you gave me, barring myself making a =very= stupid mistake where it was entirely my fault you backstabbed me. Chainbackstabbing is very likely to occur in 3 Vs 1's, as a unjust backstab is one of a gankers favorite tools.
    • Summoning me to fight your battles for you.
      Unless the red phantom is too stupid to let me leave (immediately rushing me with all of thors might and trying to give me no room to breath) I will immediately leave any world I am summoned to if a person is already under invasion, unless I recognize the invaders loadout, and it is a person that fit under any of the prior two conditions for myself to be cruel.

Otherwise, anything is free game with me, spam Wrath of Gods, use 2 phantoms to try and kill me, or anything else you want to do, don't backstab me, and don't run away to heal, do it in front of me.

And what is your pet peeves? Come now, I wrote a textwall, now you should too.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

"Phantom Kujiii has disconnected from the world" "Lost Connection to Host" "Phantom Kujii has pivot Backstabbed you 26 times." Empty Re: "Phantom Kujiii has disconnected from the world" "Lost Connection to Host" "Phantom Kujii has pivot Backstabbed you 26 times."

Post by RANT Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:52 pm

mine is poise ns'ing and fishing for a bs,, basically when someone does nothing but try to bs me one way or the other, so boring that sometimes i just let them do it but most of the time i just chain bs them.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

"Phantom Kujiii has disconnected from the world" "Lost Connection to Host" "Phantom Kujii has pivot Backstabbed you 26 times." Empty Re: "Phantom Kujiii has disconnected from the world" "Lost Connection to Host" "Phantom Kujii has pivot Backstabbed you 26 times."

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:53 pm

People running from me, hoping to get me killed by mobs or to heal. I just dc. Fight me or don't but I'm not wasting my time with ridiculous games of tag.

Spawn ganking, I'll wog+bs spam tiyour face off.

People who outright refuse to attack and bs/parry fish instead. The kind who'll just stand there if you put your back to a corner. Its infuriating and it never works, its just a pain in the *** to deal with.
    People who bow after a 1v2 or 1v3, die in a fire, It was not a good fight, If you wanted to show respect you'd have let me 1v1 the phantom first.

Last edited by Forum Pirate on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:53 pm

Rynn wrote:I can fight pretty dirty if I want to, but fortunately it's very hard to incur such a wrath... in fact I don't Pivot BS or disconnect from even 3 vs 1 fights... so what would cause me to do any of the thread titles evil tricks?

If I'm having a perfectly wonderful match with you, and suddenly before you die, you run off and crush a humanity, I'm likely to just black crystal out, or head back to the X-box menu, rather then continue to fight you. It's not that I condemn healing, but rather, I condemn cowardice, and if you attempt to run away to heal, rather then finding an opportunity to do it while standing in front of me (which is more often then one might consider), I won't have any more of you.
      Just today, I was fighting an individual who had Sunlight Blade on a washing pole, he was trying his darnedest to hit me, and I only have 764 HP, so if he did hit me, it would have been a very quick match, but he failed to hit me at any point, I inflicted approximately 1600 damage to him, and then when he was almost dead, he ran behind some mobs and healed via a humanity. I immediately disconnected, and he sent me some hatemail for being a "Coward"
    • Backstabbing.
      Ever. Don't do it. If you backstab me, and I actually live through the experience, I'll repay you with at least 3 more then you gave me, barring myself making a =very= stupid mistake where it was entirely my fault you backstabbed me. Chainbackstabbing is very likely to occur in 3 Vs 1's, as a unjust backstab is one of a gankers favorite tools.
      Unless the red phantom is too stupid to let me leave (immediately rushing me with all of thors might and trying to give me no room to breath) I will immediately leave any world I am summoned to if a person is already under invasion, unless I recognize the invaders loadout, and it is a person that fit under any of the prior two conditions for myself to be cruel.

Otherwise, anything is free game with me, spam Wrath of Gods, use 2 phantoms to try and kill me, or anything else you want to do, don't backstab me, and don't run away to heal, do it in front of me.

what if the guy legit summons you for help with a boss and during the summon process he gets invaded literally seconds before you show up. sounds pretty lame you would just leave before finding out if he is camping or actually wanting help with a boss.

for example try and step foot into the forest and summon phantoms to help with Sif with out getting invaded almost instantly when you enter.

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:11 pm

I'm a Forest Invader, and I haven't been PvPing for very long now (I first started around 3 weeks ago).This being said, I'm not great at this game. Far from it, however I have run across a few things that really anger me

Healers: I'm not talking about a single estus chug/humanity. I personally don't use these, but to each their own. What I mean are the people who feel that it's honorable to use 6 or 7 estus chugs, when I haven't even crushed a humanity.

Rushers: When I invade, the first thing I do is find the host/phantoms. So I will run up to the area you are in. This does not mean I want to be immediately charged by 2 or 3 people using the flip ring and buffed katanas. Fine, the strategy works well, but it is way too overused and much too annoying. Typically the people who do this are skilled enough at rolling that not even WoG can hit them (or at least, not more then once or twice before they heal).

Taunting: There's a place for this, like when the person just hides and you kill them. It is not, however, appropriate for where you rush someone 2v1, you are forced to heal 8 or 9 times, and I still kill your phantom before you get a OHKO backstab on me. It's also not the place when I am obviously using a worthless strategy (shirtless character, Pharis Hat, no weapons, only throwing poison daggers). Yes, it's annoying, but it's next to no legitimate threat.

Whiners: I have really only had this happen once. I invaded a guy who had a red phantom ally. A pain, but oh well. I then realize the red phantom ally has infinite health. Another blue invader joins in, and we split up, with me taking the red phantom most of the time, and occasionally breaking off to take a swing at the host. We manage to kill the host, and he sends a message saying "Heard of fair play, damn double-teamers?". At this point he claims to not know about the red phantom, and I invade him again and they kill me. He then responds with "How's it feel on the other side *insert insult here*."

Those are the main issues I've been upset with...
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:22 pm

I've been using my 1shot sorcery build and it amuses me when people taunt when they kill someone with 100 health.

Or when they taunt after a 2v1.

It's well worth it though when I get the person all alone and they are terrible at dodging sorcery spells.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:29 pm

rant i totally agree exploiting poise to spam backstabs is just broken. i would keep a +5 lightning zwei on my favorite build not to stunlock people but to interrupt backstabs. it was rarely useful seeing as i could get a hit in on almost everyone and they would just walk right through it for the backstab. if you get lucky it cancels out the dmg if the timing/lag permits it.

i tryed to give pvp a second shot but i ran into only players with the mof+giants set up. insert buffed katana or mlgs. i also just could not fathom that i encountered 4 different people all in a row that had a total of 9 wog. you can dodge wog and i usally would but someone spamming 9 wog in an area like the burg dueling area and you will most likely lose nice chunk of health by time they use all 9.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:37 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:rant i totally agree exploiting poise to spam backstabs is just broken. i would keep a +5 lightning zwei on my favorite build not to stunlock people but to interrupt backstabs. it was rarely useful seeing as i could get a hit in on almost everyone and they would just walk right through it for the backstab. if you get lucky it cancels out the dmg if the timing/lag permits it.

i tryed to give pvp a second shot but i ran into only players with the mof+giants set up. insert buffed katana or mlgs. i also just could not fathom that i encountered 4 different people all in a row that had a total of 9 wog. you can dodge wog and i usally would but someone spamming 9 wog in an area like the burg dueling area and you will most likely lose nice chunk of health by time they use all 9.

I'll admit I use MoF/Giants, but I don't use the flip ring or the "standard" weapons (MLGS, Zwei., Claymore, Katanas, BKGA). No, I'll just stick with my MSGS/Demon's Greataxe/GSoA, thanks.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:40 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    Rynn wrote:I can fight pretty dirty if I want to, but fortunately it's very hard to incur such a wrath... in fact I don't Pivot BS or disconnect from even 3 vs 1 fights... so what would cause me to do any of the thread titles evil tricks?

• Backstabbing.

what if the guy legit summons you for help with a boss and during the summon process he gets invaded literally seconds before you show up. sounds pretty lame you would just leave before finding out if he is camping or actually wanting help with a boss.

for example try and step foot into the forest and summon phantoms to help with Sif with out getting invaded almost instantly when you enter.

I'm talking about hosts that are engages in a PvP "circling run" with a invader, and are circling over the designated summon area. It's pretty obvioua when someone is just trying to get help with an invader.
    I place my symbol next to the boss for sif.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:43 pm

If I see them BS fishing, if I see them go for a WotG spam with stacked casts, if I see them ganking, I take my gloves off. Pure, simple, efficient, and messy. Quite enjoyable as well.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:47 pm

Turtles. When all they do is to equip a rapier with full giants and keep turtling, when I try to kick, attack or cast magic, they immediately BS with hornets ring
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:48 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:rant i totally agree exploiting poise to spam backstabs is just broken. i would keep a +5 lightning zwei on my favorite build not to stunlock people but to interrupt backstabs. it was rarely useful seeing as i could get a hit in on almost everyone and they would just walk right through it for the backstab. if you get lucky it cancels out the dmg if the timing/lag permits it.

when i used to host at the kiln and the same person tha poise bs'd me i would just switch to my GC and i laughed at them trying to poise bs the 2h rolling ground pound.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:49 pm

Rant I have an even funnier way to deal with Poise BS fishers. I take out my GLGS, and press R2.

"Well look at that opening, I can circle around easy!"

*Suddenly turn and slam!*

I would then laugh, and do it again and again.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:52 pm

Tolvo wrote:Rant I have an even funnier way to deal with Poise BS fishers. I take out my GLGS, and press R2.

"Well look at that opening, I can circle around easy!"

*Suddenly turn and slam!*

I would then laugh, and do it again and again.

lol nice, i think that ground pound does more damage though.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Deals around 600 damage on most targets, and breaks poise. I've seen people with full havels and a wolf's ring, that still fall to my ground pound. One of the reasons I love the GLGS, if you can unlock that weapon is so amazing.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:55 pm

cant someone with over 77poise or something close to that still walkthrough a great hammer rolling r1? ive noticed people go crazy with poise, i almost never go over 54 but most people i fight have over 70
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:56 pm

I'm not sure about the exact number, but I've seen people walk through it. I think they might need more than 77 though, because I swore it's still staggered me in my heavier cosplays.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:56 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:cant someone with over 77poise or something close to that still walkthrough a great hammer rolling r1? ive noticed people go crazy with poise, i almost never go over 54 but most people i fight have over 70

ive stunned locked people with 77 poise with it but i think it depends if you get them while rolling or during an attack, not sure as i haven tested it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:58 pm

Tolvo wrote:Deals around 600 damage on most targets, and breaks poise. I've seen people with full havels and a wolf's ring, that still fall to my ground pound. One of the reasons I love the GLGS, if you can unlock that weapon is so amazing.

same with me and the golem axe, i love knocking people on their *** with it, so funny. crappy scaling and damage too though.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:58 pm

Poise is not everything, if you know how to managed enough stamina to attack and roll, you can definitaly wear no armor at all and still win most fights. The zero poise zone, bonfire before centipede demon, is great to practice this
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:59 pm

I'm starting to do it more with the BK weapons, and the GsoA as well haha, I managed to swipe through a guy with the cursed version killing him. I don't get why people hate that weapon so much.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:03 pm

lag prevents me from droppings below 56 if i have a choice. I've been stunlocked by a claymore or bkga from twice the weapons actual length away.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Carphil wrote:Poise is not everything, if you know how to managed enough stamina to attack and roll, you can definitaly wear no armor at all and still win most fights. The zero poise zone, bonfire before centipede demon, is great to practice this

i actually just started using light armor since it has the best res and poise doesnt matter when you can toggle out and i keep getting better and better at it.
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by johnnyjwa Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:07 pm

- When I buff my weapon and my opponent just runs/ninja flips away for 99% of the fight till my buff wears off. Then runs and heals when I'm about to kill him.
    - Full Havels armor/greatshield + any spear/rapier. (Damn turtles)
    - Poise/Vit stacking R2 2-handed stunlockers
    - Everything about the bkga. (Had a guy lecture me for using dmb on my rapier that I always 2 hand. While he sits there in full Havels and his bkga dead angling the piss out of me.)
    - Backstab fishers
    - People who do the "lock engage/pivot" backstab. (you are just as bad a fishers.)

I could go on forever. This should be sticked as the official pvp rant thread =). After a night of kiln pvp its good to vent lol.

P.S. Did I mention people who wear full havels with a bkga?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:16 pm

@ rant, you can toggle out but thats 2 hits, best case. a pw light washing pole will blast 8-900 hp in those 2 hits and thats on the weak side.

I'm adding the stealth 0hkos (css tempest)to my list. Its a legitimate tactic but its no fun to lose like that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:37 pm