Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Carphil
billy_bayonet
Shadowsofdawn
aceluby
Yesuurd
cloudyeki
White Mamba
mugenis4real
lextune
BLA1NE
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DamageCK
Imarreteet23
WyrmHero
Railage
Shkar
Unforseen
RANT
Rynn
23 posters

Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance. - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:29 am

lextune wrote:Pfftt....any build rocking under 53 poise can more often than not just be stunlocked into oblivion.

Really though, don't we all know by now that it is the player, not the weapon, or build.

This build could be beaten by a naked guy with a +3 shortsword if the player was good enough.

As for some of the WotG talk; you act like it can't be dodged....roll through it. If you don't get knocked down by it once, it is impossible to be spammed to death by it.

This is mostly funny because the entire point of the build was you can't roll anymore.

Generally, the reason this build was messing me up was because 10 casts of TWOP is enough to push me from one side of the Kiln to the next, so I run out of room to run, the entire battle is over at that point. IT didn't help that the Ninja Roll is faster then running, so occasionally the bastard would catch up with me anyway, and my run would immediately stop. Usually he would two hand the DS after he got the TWoP off, I'm guessing on the shield there... But enough of this, occasionally I just feel a need to rant, and this exact build was so common tonight that I saw it more then ganking. I spotted 12 different players doing this today...

I'm done ranting, and Blaine, that build you posted would prolly have me less mad, since as soon as I see Giants + MoF, I'm expecting stupidity to ensue... but you're correct in that it's stronger generally.

EDIT: I'm also very confused on how my rep is higher then it was before I went full retard...
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance. - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

Post by mugenis4real Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:20 am

If you know what your doing then yea I have to say this build is one fierce turtle, I like it, but as someone mentioned earlier, surprise is your friend cause if their expecting TWoP then you lose a very valuable asset.
    White Mamba
    White Mamba
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by White Mamba Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:34 am

Spamming Force could go a long way to beating this build
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:56 am

In pvp, when someone suddenly whips out a talisman I find it hilarious. 'Oh, he suddenly traded his weapon for a talisman *start dodging around and waiting for the animation*'

In all honesty a well versed player can catch on to what there target is gonna do. Talisman out at the start and in the left = buff or TWoP. Talisman out midfight and the target is backing up = heal or TWoP. Talisman out and rushing forward = WoTG. There are signs that give away your intentions. I feel as though people who don't catch on quick are bound to lose, and falling for a WoG at the end is what get people upset.

This build is about as subtle as a guy freaking out in your face. Turtle at the start, set a false pace for the fight. Once they've stepped to that pace back off pretending to heal and cast TWoP. Assuming the guy pursued you can wail on him. If he got away then you gotta chase him. I don't see any other way this could catch someone offguard.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:34 am

WOTG can be blocked almost completely with crest shield, TWOP either run, backstab or
    parry since they get too jolly after casting and forget parrying exists, also you can WOTG on them till it runs out, GMB protects against WOTG also.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:38 am

My int/fth hybrid build wouldn't have too much of an issue w/ this. I'd cast soul spears as they tried to cast TWOP and counter spam WoTG if they happened to snare me in it.
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:56 am

I just ran into a person while doing some Bluevasions in the Burg doing this exact same fighting style.

DMB/Power Within made short work of the person.
    Shadowsofdawn

Post by Shadowsofdawn Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:44 pm

This build is pretty low tier. A single backstab would kill you with such low VIT, low poise means you can be stunlocked, eagle shield cannot be used to parry. WoG is avoidable, guard can be broken with great combustion, and lol at twop.

You should never get caught in TWoP.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:52 pm

www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=352457447 i took the liberty of a few tweaks to this build personally at 50 faith it would be silly not to take advantage of DMB speshly if your going for a "god" character and putting on the hand axe most people will think your an idiot and grossly underestimate you when the buff runs out get spear happy
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:07 pm

^Even if they do underestimate you, they won't let you take swings at them with your axe and not reply. With that Vit, defense, and poise, it'd be suicide to try and kill people with a DMB'd axe.

Take a look at the one I made, it's pretty absurd! (linked on the previous page) Keep in mind: the Pike has the same reach as the DSS, it's a lot longer than the winged spear and partizan.

Edit: here http://tinyurl.com/dxecxs3 (I had also forgot the cherry on the sundae... 99 humanity! Now the build looks fearsome! Well, for those who have low enough self-respect to use something like this...)
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:08 pm

BLA1NE wrote:^Even if they do underestimate you, they won't let you take swings at them with your axe and not reply. With that Vit, defense, and poise, it'd be suicide to try and kill people with a DMB'd axe.

Take a look at the one I made, it's pretty absurd! (linked on the previous page) Keep in mind: the Pike has the same reach as the DSS, it's a lot longer than the winged spear and partizan.

Edit: here http://tinyurl.com/dxecxs3 (I had also forgot the cherry on the sundae... 99 humanity! Now the build looks fearsome! Well, for those who have low enough self-respect to use something like this...)

what about leo ring instead of dwgr? it would suck having to deal with that.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:17 pm

Defend with Havel's or crest shield. Done.

Low poise means when he switch to talisman you can stunlock easily too.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:43 pm

LOL this buil brought up a bad memory some (lady) i think cause it was a female character invaded via the Forest cove and she had the Moonlight great sword and she also spamed Wotg and it took me by surprise cause she killed me in 2 hits with it I had 1400 health so that means she did 700 a piece with Wotg.

The battle didnt last 30 sec cause she was on me that quick.

She invaded me later and I made her pay after I dodged her Wotg..
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:42 pm

Need stone greatsword to be complete.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:00 pm

http://tinyurl.com/6qz7can

most bad *** sl120 build in existence. jk but im almost done with it and its fun as hell.really forces you to improve your melee/dodging skills.
    dirkdeadeye
    dirkdeadeye
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dirkdeadeye Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:03 am

What if I came at you with magic barrier, or greater, or a crest shield with magic shield..what if I rolled during the cast animation for twop and shot off a crystal soul spear, and if I got distance, another. What if wasint having any of this and pulled out the old dragon slayer bow. I'll see you poke stick and raise you massive arrows. WOTG is why I went int/dex I got cmw, and some nasty pyro and sorcery.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:06 am