Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Serious_Much
aceluby
djgq42
WarriorOfSunlight
RANT
Sulfur
middya
cleric1002
PlasticandRage
Reaperfan
ErrJon6661
15 posters

So after some nostalgia and careful review....

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

So after some nostalgia and careful review.... - Page 2 Empty Re: So after some nostalgia and careful review....

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:20 am

Lets be honest, it's all about perma soul form in Demons. More power and just block/dodge like a madman.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

So after some nostalgia and careful review.... - Page 2 Empty Re: So after some nostalgia and careful review....

Post by Rynoa Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:24 am

I'll just talk about the difficulty level:
    I played Dark Souls BEFORE playing Demon Souls and I found Demon to be easier, then I realized both games are probably around the same difficulty level, it's just that we know what to expect and we already learned to dogde, block, etc... We already think like that.

So if and when the 3rd game of the series come out, and if they maintain the same difficulty, we will surely all complain about it being too easy big grin
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:26 am

id say demons is still harder than dark...if you dont have the thieves ring on. seriously, that thing destroys 90% of the games difficulty.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:23 am

Rynoa wrote:I'll just talk about the difficulty level:
    I played Dark Souls BEFORE playing Demon Souls and I found Demon to be easier, then I realized both games are probably around the same difficulty level, it's just that we know what to expect and we already learned to dogde, block, etc... We already think like that.

So if and when the 3rd game of the series come out, and if they maintain the same difficulty, we will surely all complain about it being too easy big grin

I agree with you Rynoa, they both have their merits though I must say, but the thing that truly ruins the difficulty of Demon's is the insane amount of health regen you can get and the unlimited (pretty much) healing grass. Means you can just run through a level without worrying whether you take damage or not.

and barry the thieves ring? really? It does almost nothing in my view except against Old Hero, then it's just hilarious.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:02 am

You're right about the grass, I always feel the limited estus is a nice challenge, 'cause no matter what you will always have no more than 20.
    Demon's grass.. I remembered I always had plenty even without farming for it :shock:
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:20 am

RantFromRant wrote:
    Sebastrd wrote:I'll always be partial to King's Field. Obviously, improved technology makes the Souls games superior in so many ways; but I'll never forget the harrowing rides in mine carts, the insanely powerful early game skeletons, or the original giant's tomb.

i never played king's field(never could get into fp rpg's) but i hear they have some of the old king's fields monsters in demon's and dark souls, is it true? i tried looking it up and came up with nothing.
    Seath the Scaleless was in Kings Field, so was the Tomb of Giants and the mimic concept. There's probably more but it's been so long since I've played that series.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:23 pm

Except the mimic concept is present in most of RPGs with chests :shock:
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Anyone have an opinion on whether or not King's Field is worth playing? Older graphics generally don't bother me. I guess what am I asking is after playing From's later games, with what I'm sure are much improved systems, will the King's Field systems drive me nuts or will I still have fun with it? Also I'm generally asking about the PS2 game. If I were to try to get a hold of one that'd probably be what I would start with.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 3:41 pm