Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
SunlightCrusader
Uparkaam
Ciledaknuf
EmoElmos
Rynn
Spurgun
DxV04
Majikero07
Motopsycho
nsane32
Jotape
FinPeku
Shkar
Federally
eninala
TehInfamousAmos
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DoughGuy
Tolvo
sunbro
Quarik
DarkW17
befowler
skarekrow13
Yog
cloudyeki
Brokewilly
Bamjam
34 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 10 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Brokewilly Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:58 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:haha - bro It clearly wasn't a leap of faith xD I have 50 faith and I buffed it with the ring of suns firstborn - it worked though didnt it :L

I heard that - you don't have to take leap if your faith is already high:) . Again, congrats because finding your true soul mate as they say is feat many have failed - like crash and burn kinda failed. Many happy and joyful days lie ahead for the both of you.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:59 pm

Haha thank you Willy - And I agree with the final statement silly they should do!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:13 pm

Alright, I've been out of the forest because of my sickness, and I was right to so as the focus I needed tonight just wasn't there, but my god my final fight of the night.

I invaded a world to see "Dark Spirit Etc has been Vanquished."

I see a host and think, "Really? Just one? JUST ONE? My god, a duellist? A good host, be praised, by the very-"

Then I saw the golden phantom with him poise stacked, he was an end build meaning he had to two hand his DGM, it was Chaos. He also had enough faith to cast WotG, but apparently not enough for DMB or SLB. The host was a dex and int Build, as I could see via the CSS soaring towards my face. I rolled around and strafed getting a bit of an idea before jumping into the fray attacking the summon, then the host. Both flipped away and started to cast what I assumed was TwoP, turned out they were healing...Ug.

So this continues for around, five minutes. I'm constantly dodging around hitting them when I can, every now and then the phantom hits me for about half my health, then I roll away and humanity behind some trees. A few times i parry and riposte them, but their armor and health is just too great since I don't use Hornet's ring.

Finally I get far enough to cast CMW and CHSM, for some reason all night it would just instantly detonate in all directions, I have no idea why. I charge and get a stunlock on the host, but the Phantom BS'ed me. I had twenty HP and roll away, rolling for my life and casting WotG once to get some breathing room. Finally I see it, the flask. Note, they had twenty flasks. I counted, twenty flasks. In total I'll say, they used heal five times, humanity eleven times, and flasked twenty times. Ten minutes into this fight I'm in terrible condition, when suddenly I see "Dark Spirit has Invaded."

I rejoice just as I'm getting BS'ed for almost all of my health. As I'm rising I see the Blue Phantom draw near, as if I'm crawling on the ground towards him when he pulls out his catalyst and targets me. The phantom and host stand back to watch him finish me off, as I'm a Dark Wraith when suddenyly...
    "Phantom Etc has been Vanquished."

I had done around seven hundred damage prior to the BS, to the phantom. He finished the job with his CSS. Then I popped a humanity as the host flasked, and the blue merely watched while throwing talismans. That host tried to BS fish, tried to run, use every nook and cranny, cast CSS to hit the blue, and he just watched. He watched as I finally got my revenge on this host. I finally got him with a BS as he had just run out of flasks. The Blue ran up to me and bowed, I returned the favour. We both jumped for joy just as he vanished.

I need a capture card and recording Equipment.

I can't wait till this illness is gone, and my toon is fully levelled. CSS, WotG, 1000 AR weapon. I shall be the bane of every gankers existence!
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:18 pm

Nicely done Tolvo. I'm going to venture into the Garden with my cannon again, let's hope for some fun.
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:14 am

Ye Gods Tolvo, that was epic! I would kill to see some vids of your fights. I seriously hope you get better soon man. The forest needs you to dish out justice!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:38 am

Does anyone have a good basic video capture setup that they can explain in laymen's terms to the rest of us? I'm somewhat technically proficient but suspect I'll need to invest in some hardware if I want this thing to work. My mancave is basically the PS3 and TV setup, no computer - though we do have an ipad.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:59 pm

Wow I was getting caught up on this thread yesterday lol ALOT of info to take in good thing I am slow at work lol.

Great vids Broke love the Wu-Tang music very fitting and great work calling out that hunter traitor...I only wish I was on xbox so I could darkwraith hunt him for ya 24/7. Loved the humanity pop with full health while he runs by with 2 on his heels like a scared child to funny!!!

I have been going red/blue in the forest and more red than blue lately...works well to aid you fellow hunters with the crazy amount of idle hunters out there...I am beginning to remember there tags and when I see one of them appear I run straight to the spawn points to kill them...no souls for you!!!!

When I darkwraith invade I always bow and then point forward to the blues and I have very good luck with not being attacked by them for the most part!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:23 pm

DarkW17 wrote:Wow I was getting caught up on this thread yesterday lol ALOT of info to take in good thing I am slow at work lol.

Great vids Broke love the Wu-Tang music very fitting and great work calling out that hunter traitor...I only wish I was on xbox so I could darkwraith hunt him for ya 24/7. Loved the humanity pop with full health while he runs by with 2 on his heels like a scared child to funny!!!

I have been going red/blue in the forest and more red than blue lately...works well to aid you fellow hunters with the crazy amount of idle hunters out there...I am beginning to remember there tags and when I see one of them appear I run straight to the spawn points to kill them...no souls for you!!!!

When I darkwraith invade I always bow and then point forward to the blues and I have very good luck with not being attacked by them for the most part!

Dark - thanks bro. Just trying to keep things lively on the thread. I'm getting pretty good at make vids - will try my hand at special effects next. Yeah, the feud between the other hunter (well he say's he's not a hunter anymore but I really don't believe anything he says) and I is getting crazier and crazier every day. We are basically flaming each other now on Youtube its really hilarious - everyone check the comments on those two Youtube vids if you want a good laugh.

Keep destroying these gankers - alternating between red/blue is great tactic to deal with the gankers. I wish I was PS3 to see you pull the old "59 head fake" on 'em.

Good times all around - Fight hard and die harder everyone. Good hunting!!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:28 pm

Going to look at those comments right now......

Edit: Done

But Broke....he totally won that gank.....riiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Did you look at his youtube profile pic? If he says something personal again I would politely point out his picture and then request that he stops trying to lovingly look into your eyes.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:42 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Going to look at those comments right now......

Edit: Done

But Broke....he totally won that gank.....riiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Did you look at his youtube profile pic? If he says something personal again I would politely point out his picture and then request that he stops trying to lovingly look into your eyes.

Skare - you have me about to bust a gut with laughter. Yeah - the hunter traitor's pic on Youtube does look kinda romantic - "Look into my eyes and feel the love"lol . He says he beat the gank but like I say "Lie once, Lie Twice...".

Oh I love this job!!!!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:45 pm

Also....since one of them (I forget which) decided your name was fair game to pick on I would now only refer to the Forest Traitor as "Tarragon" and then work recipe themes into your posts that use that herb in them.

Ha ha Lex Talionis! Which apart from it's legal and ethical ideological roots would be a great name for a band
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:51 pm

This is why I'm glad I've been forest Wraithing lately Broke, I get to kill our cowards and traitors.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Im currently rendering a vid which has 1 forest pvp clip ( bad but ah well) and a quick dark souls freestyle i chucked over it xD
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:57 pm

@ Tolvo - You have to look at both vids. In '3v1 Ultimate Forest Gank' vid - the hunter traitor was the dragonoid blue (w/ DSB) on the bridge blocking my path and taking up an invasion slot. He also did the wave gesture as old Broke faded away to nothingness LOL. In the 'Run Traitorous Hunter Run For Your Freaking Life' vid I invaded with him - he is the hunter running for his freaking life from the gank.

I don't know if he got hit with a ligtning spear or not in the 2nd vid ( I was too far away) but one of the gankers was definitely trying to take him out with them.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:06 pm

Those comments on your videos are awesome. Did you ever fight him 1v1? Comments suggest he offered to, unless that was just another troll.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:12 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Also....since one of them (I forget which) decided your name was fair game to pick on I would now only refer to the Forest Traitor as "Tarragon" and then work recipe themes into your posts that use that herb in them.

Ha ha Lex Talionis! Which apart from it's legal and ethical ideological roots would be a great name for a band

Yeah - it was the traitor hunter who made the comment about my tag - hey its just another reason I had to put him on blast for the world to see. He needs just let it go and realize he cannot defend the indefensible - when people cannot rationalize their actions they resort to insults, name calling, etc. I just love the soap opera like atmosphere of the whole thing - it is really satisfying.

Isn't Tarragon a spice or something?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:18 pm

befowler wrote:Those comments on your videos are awesome. Did you ever fight him 1v1? Comments suggest he offered to, unless that was just another troll.

@Befowler - no I never got fight him 1v1. I basically told him I don't do honorable 1v1s with dishonorable players. I did tell a hunter who knew the host in the 1st vid I wanted to fight him 1v1 but it never happened. Supposedly the traitor hunter in both vids left the covenant so I am sure I will run across him again if ever hosts in the forest and how glorious that day will be - win, loss or draw. Only time will tell how this story ends but the journey is truly glorious.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:40 pm

Good point about the honorable dueling standards. Even if you got him to agree, when you arrived he'd probably have his friends there for ganking. That video is the lowest stunt I've seen in the forest by several degrees of awfulness, and just seems to get worse the more I think about it. For example, I'm sure he was only able to even do the dragonoid bow glitch because he'd unspeakable-glitched the dragon stones first.

I'll admit, it's tempting to get DkS for xbox (which I also have) just to join the hunt. But trying to train up guys on two different systems is beyond even my addiction level atm.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:43 pm

Kick his *** on that day broke. Then trident dance, trident dance like you've never trident danced before.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:53 pm

YA like when that traitor was blocking the bridge it was hard to watch...I threw up just a little bit. They are not worth your time for a 1v1 duel either Broke thats for sure....once a coward always a coward.

Also Broke as you know I love taking my Mura with me into the forest...especially when its all glowing yellow...I also only unlock fight with it as its the only way to use it...how many campers have tried to parry your dead angles????

Like how many times would you think a guy would die trying to parry your dead angle blows before he figured out it wasn't a good idea?

Try 5 last night same guy crest shield parry spamming my dead angles...wouldn't banging your head against the wall be more productive?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:06 pm

DarkW17 wrote:YA like when that traitor was blocking the bridge it was hard to watch...I threw up just a little bit. They are not worth your time for a 1v1 duel either Broke thats for sure....once a coward always a coward.

Also Broke as you know I love taking my Mura with me into the forest...especially when its all glowing yellow...I also only unlock fight with it as its the only way to use it...how many campers have tried to parry your dead angles????

Like how many times would you think a guy would die trying to parry your dead angle blows before he figured out it wasn't a good idea?

Try 5 last night same guy crest shield parry spamming my dead angles...wouldn't banging your head against the wall be more productive?

Yeah - I don't like watching the 1st traitor video either because it starts to piss me off. So I just follow traitor comments when he post them - were basically using it as comm channel since I blocked him on the XBOX (did not feel like dealing bull PMs from him on the regular).

In regards to being parried when fighting unlocked with the Mura - I have only been successfuly parried twice (and it took them multiple attempts)- all the other times the farmer quickly realizes something is dreadfully wrong and is stun-locked/killed or is barely able to roll away bleeding from every orafice. After that they never try a parry again during the fight:twisted: . Its the crazy weird swing of the Mura that is the problem for them (and a bonus for me). Like I always say I very rarely go toe-to-toe with a Mura (and I choose the time when I do) - if my opponent is using one I immediately switch to my Pike or Washing Pole (anything with reach so I don't get stun-locked to oblivion).

The guy you fought last night probably hadn't fought against a Mura before to his detriment. Only experience will allow person to know its going to hurt really bad if you try to parry it.lol
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:38 pm

LOL ya I have a WAR going on with a 3v1 ganker from the kiln on PSN that I have gotten so far into his head he actually somehow stalked me from being on here. This sounds crazy I know as my PSN and Forum names are different but one night that I was taking down there 3 person camp site over and over again I get this msg from him 1st it says...I bet your 31....then just Alberta. This is the only personal info I have on my profile lol now that's getting in someone's head I tell ya.

I get this guy good now tho when I invade him at the kiln...I will land my 1st BS on him as all he does is fish it and I am a pretty damn good fisherman...then i will pull out my bare hand and chain BS him and see how many times I can land it...so far 6 is the highest twisted

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:07 pm

Dude.....that's cruel. Awexome
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:38 pm

Today I discovered something. The bridge that leads to the rolling cats, on the non cat side the area the bridge is on, where its lower than most of the forest, extends pretty far across. So its possible if your running along the edge from Alvins to drop down there without having to find the entrance.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:16 pm

I'm setting up the cam for some more forest hunting vids. This time I'm going mage-ssassin.... ninja sage?... uh.... hmmmmm..... I'm gonna use my new setup to stealthily rid the forest of gankers. Like Snake in MGS 3 (SNAKE EATAAAAA)

edit: side note, if you see an actual hunter who's fog ring'd and actually hunting, DON'T DRAG A FIGHT TOWARDS HIM! It gives away the hunter's position, and if they're stealthing they likely aren't prepped for a head on fight. Your best option is to act as a distraction till he can make his move.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:13 pm