Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Majikero07
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
WyrmHero
User
Buggy Virus
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Serious_Much
cloudyeki
BLVCK
Wisp
Uparkaam
DamageCK
KnightSmiley
TehInfamousAmos
Forum Pirate
FattyOfDoom
billy_bayonet
Rynn
24 posters

The Kiln is dead, now get out.

BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

The Kiln is dead, now get out. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kiln is dead, now get out.

Post by BLA1NE Sun May 06, 2012 3:00 am

I think we should make an event out of this! "Suck the gankers dry"-day (/Klean the Kiln Day). Great idea Rynn! I'm one of those who have been lamenting the fall of the Kiln as a go-to dueling area, but if sucking the gankers dry makes them leave, then first thing I'll do tomorrow is stack my poise and start sucking (humanity)!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

The Kiln is dead, now get out. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kiln is dead, now get out.

Post by Rynn Sun May 06, 2012 3:20 am

I should note I've ran into a few teams of gankers who see no inclination to leave, especially 3 or 4 that had like only 4 humanity in the first place. These teams might be easily discouraged with some sportful BSing though, at least mine were.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun May 06, 2012 3:26 am

I cast acid surge a lot in ganks. All the katana users swap weapons right after. I laugh.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun May 06, 2012 3:32 am

Well, to be honest, I always figured gankers were in it for 1 of 2 things (or both):

- The souls
    - Being assholes

I don't think they're really the type to care about their humanity count... But if sucking their humanity can at least sour their experience a little, then it's something. Also, it's leverage in case you get in a hate-mail bought with them: "yeah you killed me, but I got 10 humanity off you, more than I would've got if I'd killed you." It's a bluff, but you can make it sound like their humanity was all you were after!
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Sun May 06, 2012 3:46 am

This has to be the best idea I've heard in awhile. I'll start doing this as soon as I get back to the Kiln. That or I could start up in Anor Londo, since theres a coupe of Gankers I've had the misfortune of running into there.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun May 06, 2012 3:49 am

For me, it's just for laughs. Sort of like, you know, yeah the three of you took me down, but what kind of dummy gets hit by the Dark Hand R2? YOU do. Dummy.

Plus, it's cool to be that weird guy who's not just another victim of mismatched odds. It takes a lot of the burn out of being ganked when I'm not trying to fight back. Sometimes I'll go in there and spam kicks exclusively, or just see how long I can dodge without dying. I've had ganks go on FOREVER doing that. And I'm laughing the whole time. Once you've resolved to have a good time anyway, a death by ganking means nothing.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Sun May 06, 2012 4:04 am

DamageCK wrote:For me, it's just for laughs. Sort of like, you know, yeah the three of you took me down, but what kind of dummy gets hit by the Dark Hand R2? YOU do. Dummy.

Plus, it's cool to be that weird guy who's not just another victim of mismatched odds. It takes a lot of the burn out of being ganked when I'm not trying to fight back. Sometimes I'll go in there and spam kicks exclusively, or just see how long I can dodge without dying. I've had ganks go on FOREVER doing that. And I'm laughing the whole time. Once you've resolved to have a good time anyway, a death by ganking means nothing.

Did that with the gankers in Anor Londo, and then I got Wraith of God'd off a cliff. The buttons stop responding correctly and ended up rolling towards the fat one instead of away from the fat one. Atleast I made the host panic when I backstabbed him and knocked his partner to a quarter of health with a parry!
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun May 06, 2012 1:49 pm

We Should make an official anti-ganker build for people to use in the war against gankers.

Primary weapons of course, stone greatsword and dark hand.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun May 06, 2012 1:54 pm

Well I feel safe... I carry less than ten humanity, as my use of it is slim to none after all bonfires are kindled.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun May 06, 2012 3:13 pm

Humanity increases your defense Acid.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun May 06, 2012 3:36 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Humanity increases your defense Acid.

I thought it was just for item discovery and curse resist.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun May 06, 2012 4:05 pm

have no humanity then ten humanity look at the difference
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun May 06, 2012 4:13 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:have no humanity then ten humanity look at the difference

Does it cap at 10 or does it continue increasing all the way to 99 humanity?

How substantial is the difference?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun May 06, 2012 4:30 pm

the defense boost goes to 99, the other benefits like item discovery and chaos weapon boost cap at 10 humanity.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun May 06, 2012 4:35 pm

I once heard 99 humanity gives you 70 defense.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun May 06, 2012 5:04 pm

Each liquid humanity adds the amount of defense you would get from going up one more SL. So if you're SL1 with 99 humanity, you'll probably get around 99 defense bonus from it. But at SL120, it's about 30, because of diminishing returns.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun May 06, 2012 5:07 pm

BLA1NE wrote:Each liquid humanity adds the amount of defense you would get from going up one more SL. So if you're SL1 with 99 humanity, you'll probably get around 99 defense bonus from it. But at SL120, it's about 30, because of diminishing returns.

Great info.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun May 06, 2012 9:04 pm

It is still worth doing though! Stealing it from gankers will make killing them that much easier.
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Sun May 06, 2012 10:28 pm

How do you guys do it? The R2 of dark hand is slow as hell and short range. Only an idiot will get hit by that.

Me-->hit by dark hand in New Londo-->I feel stupid for that
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun May 06, 2012 10:30 pm

Don't use lock on. Just keep the stick pointed in their direction as they're moving. When the attack finally activates, it'll be in their direction.
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Sun May 06, 2012 10:33 pm

A simple tap of the dodge button will get you clear out of range, unless they take the slow animation of it as a chance to BS.... Wow that's pure genius!
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Sun May 06, 2012 11:27 pm

Parry and then riposte w/ the R2... you could even duel wield the dark hand...
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun May 06, 2012 11:29 pm

As I am always past 120, humanity for defence for me is unnecessary. Besides, I just dodge for defence anyways.

So I say again, humanity to me in use is slim to none
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon May 07, 2012 12:24 am

aceluby wrote:Parry and then riposte w/ the R2... you could even duel wield the dark hand...
    I tried this the other day and they just back-flipped and got away. Others may have a better method, but they regained control before mine went off.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon May 07, 2012 3:42 am

So I was thinking about what to do involving the aspect BLAINE brought up, about only caring for souls... found a solution! TWOP, then Acid Breath.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:38 am