Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Quarik
Serious_Much
TehInfamousAmos
Imarreteet23
sonofartorias
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
JoeBroski09
SlakeMoth
mugenis4real
DoughGuy
Yukon
ViralEnsign_
16 posters

I found myself doing something very suspicious today.

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

I found myself doing something very suspicious today. Empty I found myself doing something very suspicious today.

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 07, 2012 2:37 am

Lol not sure if this goes in the Other section of the Forums but I found myself in a funny Dark Souls related situation today.

I work early mornings to latish evenings so I get into work before the sun rises and get out when it begins to set. As the last rays of light began to cast thier magnificent glow over the earth I began to bask in the sunlight.

Yup me. Me who would Gravelord his own grandmother to do Nito's will.

So out of sheer respect for the suns warmth right then and there I did the "Praise the Sun" gesture as a stretch. Lol and while all of the other employees were walking out the doors some guy from the back of the crowd yells out...

"Yeah Solaire, Praise the SUN!"

I respect this guy immensely.

This ever happen to anyone. I've recently taken up the Shrug gesture as my default shrugging motion.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

I found myself doing something very suspicious today. Empty Re: I found myself doing something very suspicious today.

Post by Yukon Mon May 07, 2012 3:07 am

Funny you should mention that Viral,

I woke up promptly this morning at around 1PM, showered, and I decided to take my dog for a walk. The sun was equally bright today, the birds were chirping and the bee's were buzzing... We walked our normal path, down the street, along the river bank, up towards the grocery store all the way down the walking path until.. we came to a bridge. I froze in my tracks, overcome with this indescribable fear, I just couldn't quite put my finger on it.

We turned around and took the long way back home.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

I found myself doing something very suspicious today. Empty Re: I found myself doing something very suspicious today.

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 07, 2012 3:10 am

I've noticed I have a fear of bridges too these days. I also can't figure out why.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 07, 2012 4:06 am

AH the old bridgephobia. I can't even stand looking a living things that are really still. Creeps me the hell out... reminds me of fire and death.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Mon May 07, 2012 4:16 am

Yea I always walk on the sides of bridges these days...

After I workout though I always finish with a good ol Praise the Sun stretch. It actually feels really good happy
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon May 07, 2012 6:50 am

I found myself doing something very suspicious today. 639795459 SUN! You get SUN! You LUCKY PEOPLE!!!

Have you any idea how rare a sight this is for people like me who live in the U.K. No wonder our ancestors worshipped it at places like Stonehenge. They were the original Sunbro's! 'Praise the Sun' was their mantra.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 07, 2012 7:10 am

lol +1 Slake, good one.
    EDIT: OR at least you will when i have a +1 to give.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon May 07, 2012 7:17 am

DoughGuy wrote:lol +1 Slake, good one.
    EDIT: OR at least you will when i have a +1 to give.

Ooh! Ta!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 07, 2012 7:35 am

I been there. No sun to be found as far as I'm aware. how'd they worship it when it never shines through the clouds?
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon May 07, 2012 2:16 pm

Good point Viral. Perhaps that's why we don't see much of it. They didn't worship it enough because they didn't see it very often. Kind of a viscious circle thing.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon May 07, 2012 2:43 pm

I'm with ya, Slake. I live in Washington State, and it's all about rain up here in the Evergreen State. I looove gloominess, though. So, I love it here XD. No one agrees with me that cloudy is better than sunny. Oh well. Off to the Chaos Servant covenant I go.

Oh, and back to the topic, I haven't done anything dark souls in real life yet. You people... are weird... I like it. winking
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon May 07, 2012 3:14 pm

here in oregon were having the equivalent of snow in july: sun in spring, usulally its still raining at this point. also most of the north west of the usa resembles dark wood forest! and the undead burg reminds me of cheyrnoble. umm... also i've been considering how much effort it would take to make an onion armor suit for the next anime con we have around here... its actually a pretty hard to make thing.... maybe i'll just settle for the crest fallen warrior....
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Mon May 07, 2012 4:11 pm

i have the same fear of bridges i start walking on one and have to keep to the
    side or i start watching for red dragon's happy
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 07, 2012 4:40 pm

I swore to goodness that I heard that invasion phantom appearing sound at work the otherday and I as very careful to check everywhere for red phantoms.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon May 07, 2012 5:53 pm

i wake up in the middle of the night to that sound.... its even worse when you get the sensation 3 times in a row when taking a hike in the forest.... i keep wanting to keep my back to things....
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Mon May 07, 2012 6:14 pm

I do Look Skyward all the time. It has become a really bad habit.

Also, once I was walking behind this person who I really dislike. It took a lot of restraint to keep from backstabing him. I was like "Must... Resist... Urge... To gank..." Luckily, I managed to keep myself in check, but next time, this dude might not be so lucky.
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Mon May 07, 2012 6:17 pm

what sword did you have in your fantasy
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon May 07, 2012 6:18 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:here in oregon were having the equivalent of snow in july: sun in spring, usulally its still raining at this point. also most of the north west of the usa resembles dark wood forest! and the undead burg reminds me of cheyrnoble. umm... also i've been considering how much effort it would take to make an onion armor suit for the next anime con we have around here... its actually a pretty hard to make thing.... maybe i'll just settle for the crest fallen warrior....

Nah, go as a rubber chicken.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 07, 2012 8:07 pm

The debt is paid.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon May 07, 2012 8:11 pm

Oh I casually do Well what is it, Look skyward and Praise the Sun IRL - Im just plain wierd - though sometimes I do randomly hear DkS or DeS noises - especially DeS False King Allant Track - Im like "OH FUUUCK, I don't wanna be Soulsucked! sad "
    but I do use a lot of terms sometimes from these games
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon May 07, 2012 8:12 pm

when I did my Chemistry last year Gas Chromatography came up my teacher asked what GC was and I replied "Ummmm Great Combustion" lets just say I facepalmed after that
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 07, 2012 8:21 pm

I regularly Praise the sun, sadly fewer people over here know of Dark Souls, so only my friend knows it silly
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon May 07, 2012 10:32 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:here in oregon were having the equivalent of snow in july: sun in spring, usulally its still raining at this point. also most of the north west of the usa resembles dark wood forest! and the undead burg reminds me of cheyrnoble. umm... also i've been considering how much effort it would take to make an onion armor suit for the next anime con we have around here... its actually a pretty hard to make thing.... maybe i'll just settle for the crest fallen warrior....

Dude, where in Oregon? I'm only 45 minutes from the Columbia on the Washington side, and our city has NO nerd fests. Just Hick Fests and Bunner Fests.

Oh, and we're getting sun all this week, too. What the HEEEECK?! I dislike bright sun-ness.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue May 08, 2012 1:16 am

willamette valley, also the last sakura con was held in washington a couple of weeks ago. I think kumoricon is also being held somewhere in washington as well, heck theres also Aki con in the fall though im unsure of its location as of yet
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Tue May 08, 2012 1:46 am

Us is New York have been having like two weeks of rain and clouds.

It's so awesome!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:05 am