Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
nsane32
SunlightCrusader
NordNorth
JoeBroski09
dancash1808
TehInfamousAmos
Spurgun
ViralEnsign_
Forum Pirate
billy_bayonet
cloudyeki
DoughGuy
Serious_Much
Shkar
18 posters

The Lore of the Covenants

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

The Lore of the Covenants - Page 11 Empty Re: The Lore of the Covenants

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:56 am

^Huge read.. wasn't this a conversation kind of thing? Where's Robin?! He should be here! He needs to reply to my question.

EDIT: THERE HE IS! big grin
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:57 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:I'm gonna use color. I don't get why you guys are so much like "OHHH! Don't use COLOR! I can't READ IT!" ... It was eki's idea, and I like the fact that my font's color represents my character. If I could choose the font itself, it's be a normal white Costantia.
    Emphasis mine. You answered your own question.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:57 am

Lol. Don’t call me Robin >.>
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:59 am

Come on, man! You know my first name.. I usually call people by their first name once I know it. Speaking of which, should I release Dough's name to the forum? or is it already known for everyone?

Anyway, highlight it, Dough. Easier than one two three.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:01 am

I guess your name is Joe? silly
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:02 am

Should i bring my GL into this conversation?
    NordNorth
    NordNorth
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by NordNorth Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:02 am

Hey why not, it rhymes.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:02 am

"I look out at this world and I feel grat sorrow. Once it was so much, such a beacon of hope. It represented the pinnacle of our race. We were victors once, the dragons fell before us and we claimed the skies as our own. But now that age is forgotten. Men sit at their homes with not a care for how far we have fallen, how fast we are still falling. Oscar has seen this, he recognises our failing and he will reclaim it, reclaim what was once ours. His star is in ascendence and his knights see that. I pray that I too see it, that I am not just fooling myself so I have something to believe in."
    Lord Knight Eidolas
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:02 am

Naww. it's Philipe! Oh gosh, don't call me that. My name is Joe. I like it when people call me that on the forum. Makes me feel like everyone knows me and I belong big grin

I will reply to your persona's question soon.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:03 am

Go ahead Joe, I wrote it in the introduce yourself thread. Just not my last name.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:03 am

SunlightCrusader wrote:
    Serious certain colors fit personas or happen to be a favorite of the writer. I just did it to join in on the lore talk honestly but blue seems so appropriate.

Sunlight, honestly I agree with the notion, but it only takes one douchebag to do something like:

Awesomo of the Darkmoons walked through New Londo and killed all the Darkwraiths etc. From this then you'd get some of the Chaos cov guys complaining about stealing their colour. But then the guy just says "But it fits my character and his lore so well because of all the blood he spills!", and it all just escalates from there.

I know I'm exaggerating a LOT but you get that it's possible right? Is the internet after all. It's just easier if we all use the same thing so there's no unnecessary arguments (ironically my complaint caused one but the point still stands.)

@Pirate that's fine if you wanna do that, I'm just gonna let the covenant leaders do what they want and I'll just buy into what I think I'll enjoy doing.

Last edited by Serious_Much on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:07 am; edited 2 times in total
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:06 am

Serious_Much wrote:
    SunlightCrusader wrote:
    Serious certain colors fit personas or happen to be a favorite of the writer. I just did it to join in on the lore talk honestly but blue seems so appropriate.

Sunlight, honestly I agree with the notion, but it only takes one douchebag to do something like:

Awesomo of the Darkmoons walked through New Londo and killed all the Darkwraiths etc. From this then you'd get some of the Chaos cov guys complaining about stealing their colour. But then the guy just says "But it fits my character and his lore so well because of all the blood he spills!", and it all just escalates from there.

I know I'm exaggerating a LOT but you get that it's possible right? Is the internet after all. It's just easier if we all use the same thing so there's no unnecessary arguments (ironically my complaint caused one but the point still stands.)

This may be the internet, but we seriously all know each other well and are, imo, fairly good friends. Every regular on the forum is my good buddy, and I hope they can say the same about me. I couldn't care less if Billy came in here with his red font, I may just make mine red and italic. *shrug* Especially since my character is a gal
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:08 am

I know Joe, and I didn't mean you specifically would, was just an example that some people could get annoyed. New members come on and they get into covenants all the time and possibly one of them could do it, I dunno. I'm just being cautious for the sake of keeping some sort of peace lol.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:08 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    SunlightCrusader wrote:

This may be the internet, but we seriously all know each other well and are, imo, fairly good friends. Every regular on the forum is my good buddy, and I hope they can say the same about me. I couldn't care less if Billy came in here with his red font, I may just make mine red and italic. *shrug* Especially since my character is a gal

I'm a regular, and I hate you. In fact, get out of my thread! twisted
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:09 am

We did derail the thread a lot silly
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:10 am

*Sniff* nobody even acknowledged my evil rant...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:12 am

You mean Plagius's speech? I enjoyed it. You should start OPing stuff/.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:14 am

DoughGuy wrote:You mean Plagius's speech? I enjoyed it. You should start OPing stuff/.
    You should have. It's clearly a sign of my troubled mind.

To quote the quote in cloudyeki's sig, "Call my therapist and tell him he's a rich man".

Also, I was planning on going through tomorrow and trying to find all the actual lore stuff and OP it. I just need to come up with a way to arrange it. By specific conversation, perhaps?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:16 am

Spurgun wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    The last master of pyromancy alive. I do not know much of her past, but what I do know only illustrates the suffering she ensued throughout her life. She was a sister if Izalith. One of the witches who could weave great firestorms, just like in the legends and myths. She is real. Then, her ancient sorcery of fire was lost when one of her sisters, or maybe even herself, created the Bed of Chaos. Pyromancy was born. She then taught the glorious joy of pyromancy to Solomon, the teacher of Laurentious. Do you know of him? He used to sit at the crossroads of many worlds in Firelink Shrine. Until he went hollow chasing what I had found. He could not find Quelana. He did not understand pyromancy for what it truely is. I don't even know if I knew before I met Quelana. She made me understand myself more than anything else. That alone made me a bette pryomancer. And, because of that, I can pay her back by serving her, and her homeland of Izalith.

Where do you fare from, humanoid dragon? For I do know you were not always a dragon, for Izalith touches everything. Chaos changed the world, you know.

I can’t remember where i came from. I have served the ancient dragons since the first flame. I watched as your witch burned the archtrees and killed the dragons. I could not stop them, for i was too weak. I became the "leader" of the dragonoids that remained, the ones who had not completed their metamorphism. But i was not a full dragon, so i couldn’t turn them into dragons. During this time i made a good friend Kuol. He was one of the new dragonoids.
    Years went by without anything changing. We were unable to die due to our curse but we did not turn hollow, for we had each other to comfort us. But when the hatchling, the stone dragon, was born everything changed. The other dragonoids turned at each other, killing their former friends to gain scales to offer to their new leader.
    I and Kuol were the only ones who did not fight, we watched our former friends murder each other. At that point i decided to leave them. I did not want to have a family that would so easily turn against me. Kuol stayed, trying to stop them from fighting.
    I traveled all of lordran, searching for a new home. Many tried to kill me, but they soon learned not to be in my way. I traveled to anor londo, where i was drawn into the painting.
    There i met Piscilla, Wyrm and Etraiu. They welcomed me, as a long lost brother. And this is now my home. I have become one of the leaders of the Painted World.
    I have not spoken with Kuol in a long time. But i have heard that he is growing tired of the endless fighting in my previous family. He may soon leave them, but he will not come here.

So, pyromancer. What is your mission in this world? To serve Quelana or do you have another objective?
    Pain and suffering. We all live it. The choice we have is, what we're going to do with it. It's what keeps us going forward. We may think it's for some reward, but, really, it's to escape the suffering we endure always. Most rewards do not change a thing. But a few, like friendship, can ease the pain. As a burden on two shoulders is less than one. My purpose: to suffer. I do not seek a reward. I seek to live. To be where I am. I do not change my ways simply for a break from the suffering, for it will come back someday. Somehow. Some way. Even friendship doesn't keep all the suffering from coming in. I will endure my suffering for what I believe in. I believe in serving Quelana for teaching me this. Our long talks alone, the talks no one else will know of, are more than enough for me to trade my time for. Even my life. Though, I do not believe that will come. I see her becoming more and more distant. I am afraid she will leave me. I will continue to serve her as she fits. If she wants me to follow, she will tell me.

I wasn't always like this. I used to be a knight of Carim. My family was noble, and I was on my path to becoming a Lady. There are many ways to do this. Becoming a scholar. Learning Politics. I decided to take the path of a knight. I left that behind when the fantasy that is pyromancy encased me in suffering. But this was the worst kind. A suffering I was not aware of. I was like Laurentious. I thought I had the answer. Meeting Quelana changed me in ways that are concrete in my being. I cannot be who I was. Though, I still cannot wield a shield ha ha ha ha!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:17 am

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:17 am

1 pos for general quotes, 2 for coversations and the last for something else.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:26 am

@joe. I will reply later. But i have to go to work now.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:27 am

Spurgun wrote:@joe. I will reply later. But i have to go to work now.
    Welp, you're going to work. It's 9:30pm here. Weird. I used to play video games with a family in Norway. Time zones are just STRANGE.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:28 am

Timezones often **** things up. I can’t play with some of my friends cause they go to sleep when i wake up silly
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:34 am

Dragon you are a sinner are you not? You shall pay the price eventually but not here nor now; my rapier remains sheathed in this place of peace. Instead I shall tell you of myself so you may know your enemy. My name is Ryan. I was born in the proud nation of Astora to a family of minor nobility. When I came of age I was trained as a knight; I was instructed in the use of straight swords, greatswords and many other weapons but my true talents were in the rapier and bow. I was however sheltered from the evil of our world until I was knighted and sent into combat. There I saw innocents murdered and my friends cut down by those out for personal gain. I fought on and tried to ignore it as I knew I could do nothing more. Thus my life continued until I became undead. In Lordran I hoped to find escape from this evil but I still found those willing to prey on the weak. Now they seek humanity and souls rather than power and riches but they are no different. I roamed the land doing what I could against these fools, these sinners but I was helpless to do anything unless they were fool enough to target me. The frustration and anger was more than you could imagine. Then I found Gwyndolin; He gave me and other warriors, His Blades of the Darkmoon, the power to hunt these sinners as they hunt the innocent. However in time many of these warriors proved false and betrayed us, using the skills obtained in His service for personal gain. I was enraged but He had a solution; He set a task, a duty to me and another loyal warrior; we were to gather those Blades of true faith and form a new order. This order would be known as Lordran's Deliverance it would bring true justice to Lordran in a way that the Blades could not. We were to be His Seraphs and we were to answer only to Him and ourselves. With this He granted me armor made of brass and a bow imbued with a part of His soul. That is why I am here, that is my purpose. Now you know my story. Now you know why I shall always make the guilty pay the price.

The Lore of the Covenants - Page 11 3149687655

That was really long and kind of fun to write. Just figure I would make a bit of my own lore as I really have not attempted it in earnest before. Opinions?

Last edited by SunlightCrusader on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:46 am; edited 3 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:59 am