Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
Tolvo
reim0027
Ciledaknuf
Uparkaam
WyrmHero
WarriorOfBenOwnage
nsane32
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ghadis_God
Palarax
whitechikz11
footsied
Motopsycho
FinPeku
Knight N. Allant
Bamjam
DarkW17
ViralEnsign_
EmoElmos
SunlightCrusader
befowler
N_Raist
Shkar
FattyOfDoom
Spurgun
TehInfamousAmos
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
Brokewilly
Quarik
dancash1808
cloudyeki
36 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 19 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:02 pm

Forest Hunter Anthem - Two Steps from Hell: To Glory.

I literally listen to that on loop whilst I pvp in the forest. maybe that contributes to my lag but meh xD
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:30 pm

If you listen to it that often just download it xD
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:55 pm

I had xD I just forgot that I had it on my PC xD
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:02 pm

I use Sabbat's "Horned is the Hunter" as my theme song while invading, I wear the Royal Helm so it's kind of fitting.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:33 pm

My theme for AoV is 'Assassinate' extremely fitting don't you think?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:24 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Forest Hunter Anthem - Two Steps from Hell: To Glory.

I literally listen to that on loop whilst I pvp in the forest. maybe that contributes to my lag but meh xD
    Too late, taken by the knights silly
    EDIT: Just remembered we took United w estand, carry on.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:26 pm

Well, like any good hunter I stole it! You want le Forest Brigade after you? Then gief me my song back! You can have Heart of Courage, To Glory fits us better because we fight for The 'Glory' of Alvina!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:29 pm

Ninja edit!
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:32 pm

Yeah, you'd better back away - fore' my scythe comes in. You'd better duck or I'll decapitate, leaving no trace - I wouldn't even hesitate. You hear that knight - you're fragile like a china plate!!!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Fun facts from Mythbusters, a bull in a China shop is quite agile and will not break any plates
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:51 pm

I have played Minotaur China Shop - great game.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:11 am

Well I did some invading this morning and I just could not get a good fight. Invaded a full havels a couple of times armed with a Dragon Tooth and all this camper wanted to do was cast TWoP because he was so slow. Every time he swung and missed I kept showing him I could get an easy BS (even BS'd him once) with that set-up. He kept casting TWoP and I kept running out of range - I got tired of the games and BC'd out. No straight-up fighting this morning I tell you lol! .

Anyway, here are a couple of vids from the mass invasion. Most of y'all probably already seen the vids since you're subscribe to my Youtube channel but for those who are not - lets roll the tape:

https://youtu.be/61aqmKke9e0

https://youtu.be/H1oJ3IW9EXY

I think I have enough good footage for 1 or 2 more vids so I will post them shortly.

Enjoy.

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:20 am

Nice work, man that first vid had some dumb gankers. Out of interest do yo always leave items lon the ground like that alone (around 2:00)?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:57 am

DoughGuy wrote:Nice work, man that first vid had some dumb gankers. Out of interest do yo always leave items lon the ground like that alone (around 2:00)?

Those items you see are most likely just blossoms from dead trents - I'm maxed out on all types so I don't attempt to pick them up. Yeah those gankers in the Power of Sun part of the vid basically tried the rush and overwhelm tactic - well I'm like hey if you want run right into a swinging Mura coated with lemon zest then go right ahead.

Well I can forsee it getting bad in the forest (and other areas) in the near term due to the resurgence of the various glitches. In short watch out for dragonoids and anyone carrying a Stone GS. I have yet to experience any of the ones that have been talked about but I truely want to see glitches for myself - don't they say curiousity killed the cat. Well nothing ventured nothing gained I always say.

Good times people good times.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:15 pm

Okay, in your opinion is this fair?? someone buffs their DGS with DMB+3 with the weapon enchant glitch, I also know how to do it so I buff my MLGS with CMW - it looks so cool with it on, and has like 800+ pure magic AR xD Lets say I destroyed him and didn't need to even the odds - I probably should have done it to me Magic Comp Bow +10 and then used ML arrows xD woulda been overkill xD especially if I also did the bow resin enchant glitch too for rotten resin - but I only use the glitch against people when I see them doing it.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:38 pm

Always love the vids Broke. Gonna have to check them out later tonight as well as all the others I need to catch up on.

Anyway, there's been a lot of talk about the new glitches being used in PvP. I did some research and have a few things to bring to the forest hunters of the world. I'm not gonna bring this to the general threads since any advantage we might have is likely situational.

So the bad news first. The glitches we're discussing involve either a pyro glove or dragon head, with or without the torso. I have to do more research on the pyro one but here goes....

They are extremely fast and easy to activate. Perfect n00b weapons sadly. Timing wise I believe they're quicker than a dragon breath activation or at least just as fast. They can be started from a pretty far distance since Dark Souls has a generous lock on distance. So if you can lock on, you're in range. A grass crest shield WILL yeild the ability to infinitely use the dragon head glitch.

Some good news....

While even consumable items (knives and bombs) can be infinite it will consume the person's stack of items. Meaning that after 99 they are certainly using their last item to generate an infinite amount. In other words, if they had 99 knives the first 98 are consumed normally while the last is the infinite. So.....if you can get them to stop (running, hiding, etc.) and they got to that last item, it will be consumed with the stop. Meaning, no more knives from that person if interrupted.

However, the next consumable item in their inventory can then be toggled. So bombs are something else could be next. However, if they have not prepared and thought ahead the next item might be useless to hurt you and rapidly consume something they'd rather not. For instance, if they have humanity toggled or divine blessings to heal they will burn them up VERY fast. If there's nothing hot keyed then it reverts to the head stone meaning they will spray fire longer. I need to research more but I believe this will not be infinite as the crest shield won't keep up with the demands of the stamina drain.

More good news, as we are the invaders and know the terrain we have a distinct advantage. Except when spawn ganked we have very good odds of seeing them first. Out of lock on range means you can act with impunity from the glitch. Range tactics on anyone with dragon head and/or pyro glove is not a bad idea, particularly if they have their back turned to likely approaches or if they have friends.

Last bit of good news, once activated it can be slow as heck for them to get around or turn. Meaning that if you can avoid getting locked you can get away without much issue. If for some reason they see you aren't approaching and decide to activate it with a forest NPC or tree you should have time to take action.

I'll keep updating if I find out more
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Good work Skare. I think the forest is actually te worst place for them, its so open with so many areas to hide that they're disadvantaging thmeselves.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:43 pm

Nearly got one in the burg. his roar pulled me towards him for some reason and he kept his back to me... sillyness.
    EmoElmos
    EmoElmos
    Regular
    Regular

Post by EmoElmos Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:36 pm

Hey guys, I am back, my sudden hiatus was due to visiting my dad and he didn't have internet. This also lead to me not being able to partake in the forest invasion on Tuesday. how did that go out of curiosity?
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:32 am

Those damn hackers are getting out of hand these days on xbox. 1 in 5 invasions i meet a guy who takes no damage or shoots his machine gun face at me. I tend to report all these people to MS but i dont think they do anything about it since i still meet them.
    But after watching peeve's new vid he just uploaded i learned those vitality hackers can take bleed damage and they take alot of it since they got **** tons of vit.
    So everyone sharpen your katanas and bring those bastard hell! cheers
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:52 am

Did more glitch research as promised. Buffing the unbuffable weapons this time. The timing on this one is a little harder depending on a couple factors, primarily which weapon is being buffed. Some weapons seem to be very hard to trigger which is good news and I don't expect to see a few being popular. Some others are insanely easy and as this list includes some game breakers like tranquil walk of death I will not be posting a list of what weapons are hard or easy. I also won't post one more finding since it could increase their use. Here's a half finding I will add though. There's not a lot of reason to worry about a lemon buff or blueberry buff.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:04 am

Krow - you can buff via different things than pyromancies. Krow, I tested different damages with them. The highest output is the Smough's Hammer hitting a whopping 1400 per hit.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:06 am

Krow - the timing is easy enough depending on spell/pyro/miracle choice. But you can also still use this as a spell swap similarly to DeS :/ Well I am not going to discuss anymore.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:15 am

That's why I said difficulty was variable and left it alone 8') there's one I found that's (ok two) super insidious and would rather not see either get popular.

Edit: Forgot to add advice for this one. Basically evasion. Don't get hit and punish anyone who turns their back to you deliberately
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:53 am

skarekrow13 wrote:That's why I said difficulty was variable and left it alone 8') there's one I found that's (ok two) super insidious and would rather not see either get popular.

Edit: Forgot to add advice for this one. Basically evasion. Don't get hit and punish anyone who turns their back to you deliberately

Skare - that sounds good to me - punishment is the best policy. Hopefully I will be able to invade the forest a bit this weekend so I will get to see some of this foolishness. Also, I got my GL toon up to speed so I will be able recon some other areas at lower SL. I'm sure I will run across these tricks at some point.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:12 pm