Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
Tolvo
reim0027
Ciledaknuf
Uparkaam
WyrmHero
WarriorOfBenOwnage
nsane32
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ghadis_God
Palarax
whitechikz11
footsied
Motopsycho
FinPeku
Knight N. Allant
Bamjam
DarkW17
ViralEnsign_
EmoElmos
SunlightCrusader
befowler
N_Raist
Shkar
FattyOfDoom
Spurgun
TehInfamousAmos
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
Brokewilly
Quarik
dancash1808
cloudyeki
36 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

reim0027
    reim0027

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 29 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by reim0027 Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:22 am

Just got my badge of honor. +3.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:54 am

reim0027 wrote:Just got my badge of honor. +3.

That's awesome Reim keep up the killn bro!! I still remember the 1st time I hit +3 as a hunter it was during Brokes event...I had joined the forest hunters instead of forest wraithing just before the event and battled my way to +3....I was just learning to dead angle with the Mura and was buffing CMW and destroying gankers twisted
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:04 am

I'm so sad - the last couple of days I have been hosting in the forest with my gravelord (I host there to warm up for my curse walks since some of those SoVs are animals!!) and the hunters have been banging old Broke to no end:oops: . Some respond when I call them out but many do not (I have learned most bangers don't like to have the spot light put on 'em). I don't know what to say about some of Alvina's soldiers.

Also been doing some invading with my hunter but surpisingly I have been getting some good duels. The bangs are still ridiculous on that side too though.You just gotta love it!!

If there any forum members (@Dancash - where you at buddy!!) with a toon in the SL128 soul range and would like to back-up old Broke against the gank in the forest - please let me know (PM me on the forum or XLN). I hate summoning random phantoms since most only know how to bang and they usually just screw up my duels. I will be hosting for a few hours tonight (US EST). Gotta stay frosty people!!

For the glory and honor of Alvina!!

Last edited by Brokewilly on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:29 am

Hey Broke I feel the same way some nights when I host on my 80 the gank is thick...he's a stat scaling dueler build not a elemental griefer destroyer...lvl 80 with 40 dex doesn't leave much room for health lol...oh well ill still hold my ground and keep trying to protect that hill and offer hunters a good fair fight no matter how many times I'm ganked!!

Last edited by DarkW17 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:31 pm

Heey Broke I'm down for backing you up in the forest , unless the time will be inconvenient for me today sad
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:21 pm

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:Heey Broke I'm down for backing you up in the forest , unless the time will be inconvenient for me today sad

Ziko - hey bro. That would be great - we can take turns dueling/fighting the blues and reds.I will PM you if see you on tonight - oh this is going to be fun!!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:06 pm

So, I've finally gotten my camera working. I was going to try my hand at filming some Forest Hunting tips and tricks. I'm a bit of a shell of my former self, so recording constant videos of defeating ganks might be out of the question. But little secrets of the forest for my fellow hunters, that I think I can manage. Anyone interested in this sort of stuff? I do have one up about the forest, visually the quality is a bit low as well I was playing one handed. But next time I'll have something set up to record, so I can use both hands. As well I'll work on not making it look as much like ****. Anyone interested in this sort of stuff?

https://youtu.be/Vr8ZsBnEYYM
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:52 pm

@ Tolvo - hey bro. I checked out the vid you posted - some good stuff. Keep it coming. I hope you don't give away all of our secrets on beating the gank LOL.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Nah, we need weapons up our sleeves at all times, I'm merely showing a few things from my utility belt.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:43 pm

Tolvo - I'd love to see more vids man.

Last night, I ran into the worst lag ever. I was BS out of nowhere. When I panned the camera around, the host and his phantom were halfway across the forest fighting the other invader. I didn't see obvious signs of a lag switch, but this was really bad.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:27 am

Hey brethren of Alvina - here is the latest vid of me dueling some fellow gravelords and fighting in various areas. I have been going up against some quality fighters lately so I have been training as much as possible to stay on point.

https://youtu.be/1pAijuEuoO0

That 3v1 in the vid was crazy - those cats really wanted old Broke's scalp on a plate!! Well I wasn't just going to give it to them.I ran out of DBs and fatigue set in so I decided to go down swinging.

Enjoy.

All for Nito's misery and the glory of Alvina!!
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:37 am

Great stuff & entertaining to watch , we had a blast in the moonpit for sure :pirat:

Damn the forest gangbang will never quit , lol , next time whenever we are both online and in the mood to host there , we will surely do it !

For the Glory of Alvina & Papa Nito's Misery !

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 29 558843162
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:40 am

Hey guys! I've been wanting to do a new forest hunter build for a while now. My previous one was a basic min maxed dex/faith build, and it was effective but became boring after about 100 hours of invading.

I'd like my new one to have 53+ poise, decent health, ninja flip or fast roll, chaos pyros (power within +others) and decent bs and riposte damage. No need to OHKO. I planned to cast power within with unupgraded pyro flame and then switch it to fully upgraded one. I often like to keep my head naked because it looks cool, so probably no helmet, crown of dusk or masks for this build. Crown of the great lord would be nice though. No need to be SL 120, but something under 180 maybe.

Weapons i currently enjoy:

Murakumo, Great/Lifehunt Scythe, Halberd, Claw, Composite bow, shotel for turtles, or any weapon with good dead angles.

So, any suugestions?
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:01 pm

okay my old buddy Fin! http://tinyurl.com/cjcfemj
    You may question why the extra endurance?? Good question. It is so you can menu swap mid combat etc, to the Murakumo and get the ole' Dead Angles. The pyro is just minor augmentation to this build, the Crossbow will be great for punishing people where your weapon or pyromancy cannot, with 1608 hp you will have 16.08 damage deducted from your health per second. this will obviously give you 100 seconds to live if you don't get hit. Though in the forest no rules apply silly Healing via humanity is allowed :evil: The armor supplies a nice amount of poise - enough to tank a dashing attack from a 2h greatsword silly GOOD LUCK! Also it is viable in FC due to its SL - I would suggest if not staying at 120 and wanting to go to 185 then doing this with it silly

http://tinyurl.com/d4xgtb8

when at low hp the Cloranthy ring becomes the Red Tearstone one as if by that magical menu swap silly if you want upgrade the end by one so you can use the dusk crown - it suits this armor set, heck! the cloranthy could be the bellowing dragon crest. A PW RTSr CoD GC will hit your enemies for about 1500 - 1900 with the BDCR aswell but that would mean a major sacrifice of poise. Your call man but both look pretty nice to me. The TK Shield is just for looks btw - and originality, you don't see many people walking around with the wooden shield or tower kite shield nowadays and thats the reason as to why they are my favourite ones. Get that grass crest on if you so desire.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:21 pm

I like those very much. The second one particularly because of that open ring slot. It gives so much variety and i can even change my playstyle when i feel like it! 1692hp is fine and yeah, i heal when facing ganks big grin I do menu swapping quite a bit, so it won't be a problem.

Nice... I think i'll try that one. Thanks!
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:25 pm

haha, your welcome silly
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:36 pm

Whistles for Skare...damn I have never really gave the great sythe much of a chance...but I put together a new 40 vit/end/dex/str so I could use any weapon well...I gotta say the GS is pretty OP I have got the timing down pretty good and I have just been pwning dudes with it!!

I never seem to bleed people so I don't care that it has less bleed than LH and you don't have your own bleed bar to worry about...also the AR ends up about the same as LH but I can put resin on the GS and its a pound lighter!

The delay on the 2nd 2H R2 is money...I always miss the 1st on purpose then delay R2 nail them when they rush me....I am just loving it!!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:44 pm

Ha ha.....that's one of my favorite tricks.....

Oh no I missed! Stupid me.....look how much trouble I'm having stopping the inertia of my weapon. I hope you don't move toward me now because that would be horrible twisted

Keh heh heh heh.......

And even with the Lifehunt the bleed is a pain to trigger. I used to land it on occasion but had to be either VERY aggressive and take a lot of shots or try to get the stunlock with the R1. That second option takes some work but is well worth it. I think I can slam 6 or 7 hits home without stopping. Only four with the R2 strike and after three even you're not able to do much dodging.

I'm still working on my latest weapon choice. So far my faves have been the Great Scythe and Priscilla's Dagger (with decent success too). My latest choice is even LESS popular than those two but I think I found a secret or two that might lead to some surprised campers. If I get playing time tonight I will quest for my Very Large Ember to get a +15 version of the new weapon and we'll go from there.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:28 pm

Hmm... In addition to that earlier build, i'm also interested in trying pure magic forest hunter. Mixing pyro with either miracles or sorceries. Well probably a shield and weapon for parries and backstabs but mostly just magic. Which would you recommend, faith or intelligence? I know wog is great against gankers, but sorceries could be more versatile. And with intelligence i could use mlgs or velka's rapier.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:42 pm

Ya skare its so funny because its surprising how long that animation takes if you let it and you can almost reset to normal and still trigger that quick R2 attack....they fall for that trick every time!

I have 191 stamina and I can roll R1 then easily get 5 tomahawks in or 6-7 from full stamina like you said...and ya 4 R2's well 3 prob with a little stamina burnt or a roll and 2 R2's with a sliver left to roll the F outta there!

My fav is the back flip into R1 then 2 R2's its so OP....that combo is good for like over 1400 dmg with a +15 and charcoal pine big grin

One thing that maybe even old skare didn't know is wearing kirks with a great sythe is HIGHLY recommended since the GS does leave you open for a BS sometimes...then you can just roll back into it and cancel it cheers
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:32 pm

That's a great tip but goes against my fashion goals.

Fin, you can always mix and match even by pumping one stat by either using the intelligence talisman or similar alternatives
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:48 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:That's a great tip but goes against my fashion goals.

lol!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:21 pm

I like a classy, sophisticated look. Black (iron) tux fits the bill. Then, so I don't forget my beginnings in the field, a nice beat up farm tool for a weapon. But seriously that's a good backstab strategy
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:23 pm

I agree with skare. Gotta be classy.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:20 am

Every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man!

So I got my ember and upgraded my new item I'm reclaiming from the island of misfit weapons.

I present my findings on the Gargoyle Tail Ax!
    The story: Looking for an interesting way to kill hollows in the burg I pulled this sucker out and dusted it off. Now I've killed a lot of things with my scythe, broadsword and GSoA in pve so I think I have an ok idea of what to expect from victims. The first thing I noticed was the r2 is tricky. No surprise. But the r1? When it hits it's fast. Real fast. Didn't expect that. Second significant thing was that a lot of shields were getting tossed aside. Way more than I expected on that.

The test: Was it just too much time with my scythe affecting my brain or does the ax serve as a light poise crusher? PvP will tell me for sure!

Results so far: Only a couple fights but wow! It didn't stun a giant's guy with a Havel shield. Not surprised but I hurt him bad before his buddy jumped in. mainly because it hits for less damage than my scythe but a good deal faster. Came across a pair fighting an invisible. Host if hurt, gold is fine. I finish the host quick and turn to the gold. How easy can I stun you big guy? Paladin armor and medium shield. Stunned in two. Dead in four. I need more testing but it's obvious so far it stuns better than what I'm accustomed to. And yeah, that guy with a katana. You're not gonna bleed me anytime soon

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:51 am