Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
FinPeku
XuitusTheGreat
TehInfamousAmos
Federally
DoughGuy
RANT
SunlightCrusader
WyrmHero
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
JoeBroski09
14 posters

Well, I guess I'm the worse PvPer ever

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Well, I guess I'm the worse PvPer ever  - Page 2 Empty Re: Well, I guess I'm the worse PvPer ever

Post by RANT Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:03 am

unfortunately most poeple tha use the ultra weapons suck and al they know how to do is bs, its one of the reason i hate going ot the burg since as soon as they see my DGM they do nothing but fish for a bs, lame.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Well, I guess I'm the worse PvPer ever  - Page 2 Empty Re: Well, I guess I'm the worse PvPer ever

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:06 am

And I somehow can't defend against a BS anymore... And I used to be good at protecting myself from fishing... and he'd keep his distance. Never allowing me to get close enough. He could medium roll, so whenever I tried roll bsing, he'd be able to recover fast enough to roll away.

PS: I just got lag-stabbed from a non-laggy match. What.. the heck.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:11 am

that's dark souls pvp for you, its all about who can bs who first, it gets really boring fast.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:12 am

I can bs just fine in blight. Idk how they defend against fishing here. And I can't defend against it. I mean, Eki said to use the 2h R2, but I impossibly get backstabbed in the middle of the attack.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:14 am

I did pretty well in the burg yesterday with my +10 gargoyle fire axe. The arc is really good for 2/3vs 1s (I was DMing) and a BS is basically a 1hko without Hring. But there are so many fishers. I even fought this guy who did this weird run which ended in a BS no matter what i did.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:15 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:I can bs just fine in blight. Idk how they defend against fishing here. And I can't defend against it. I mean, Eki said to use the 2h R2, but I impossibly get backstabbed in the middle of the attack.
    To defend against a BS just constant;ly act like they're fishing. Back into a corner, spin in the same direction as them. ALways pretend their fishing, so you dont get caught out when they do.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:16 am

You had the same weapon, but did better. Congratulations. You are better than the worst PvPer in the world Bow
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:18 am

Maybe this A&W Cream Soda will help or something something something.

I need some LAN duels... Sadly, that's not possible at the moment, and I only have one friend in RL that plays dark souls. Can't wait for the DLC. For now, I'll just keep losing

Shrug I have officially stopped caring. At least for today.

Time for a Cream Soda refill.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:19 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:You had the same weapon, but did better. Congratulations. You are better than the worst PvPer in the world Well, I guess I'm the worse PvPer ever  - Page 2 3149687655
    Tail axe, not the halberd, really different weapons.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:21 am

DoughGuy wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:You had the same weapon, but did better. Congratulations. You are better than the worst PvPer in the world Well, I guess I'm the worse PvPer ever  - Page 2 3149687655
    Tail axe, not the halberd, really different weapons.
    Ahh. Yeah. I'm drunk.

Not really, but meh. Hahaha!
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:29 am

Just won twice in a row. Because I forgot to put in my earphones. I think I found the culprit.
    https://youtu.be/T2RaehsIbkU
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:30 am

This isn't a fail video, but it's a video

https://youtu.be/Zm-_GBo4Bl0
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:41 am

I think your problem is your listening to a song about swinging swords when you're swinging a Halbred
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:41 am

^Exactly. Threw me off.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:02 am

I admit when I burg duel I throw on the MoC - Kats are easy enough to parry, have you watched Martyrs parrying tut video??
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:03 am

I've watched almost zero youtube videos on dark souls. My youtube activity went way down when I quit playing CoD. Why?

PS: I use a parrying dagger or a dark hand.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:04 am

okay - sponge a hit then hit l2 - works all the time
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:04 am

sprint up to them and hit l2, also works pretty often.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:05 am

Uhh. What weapons work best for this? and I have 900 vitality.... can't sponge much.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:10 am

holy fuuuuck 900 vit - whats that, 6000 hp winking just kidding and just sponge dex weapons and hit l2
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:35 am

-shrug- this just works for me people with the katana are SUPER confident in the dps of it and if u straight drop ur guard and taunt they'll rush at u to get in some attacks, tank the first hit then parry right away, itll be an instant riptose
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:49 am

I see you're having a lot of trouble with backstabs. I'm not a pvp expert at all, but in addition to what doughguy said, here's a way that i've found effective.

A good way to defend yourself against backstabbing is learning to fight without lock on. You can bait them to try backstabbing by swinging a slow weapon when they're still too far away from you, and when they're getting closer and start circling you or trying to roll behind you, swing again but without lock on and turn around. This will connect very often, and stunlock them if they don't have enough poise.

Learning when to use lock on and when not, is important also because of dead angles and some other various techniques so i highly recommend practicing that.

This is a good example of using dead angles by infamousamos:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SOgAJYsqTg The end when he changes to murakumo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OjLF2USnyE And here's the video I posted some time ago to another thread but I wanted to link this video again, because this is very typical fight in burg against a bs fisher. Usually my opponents learn not to fish those backstabs though. Maybe he didn't because he almost got me once.

I have not found burg that bad as many of you here say it is. Of course, there are idiots and glitchers etc. but there are also very good players, almost zero ganking, people sometimes send you gg after good fights and so on. In my opinion, it is the best dueling area except our own fight club.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:56 am

Wooo! I got shouted out twisted
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:04 am

There arn't really gankers in the burg because the duelists there would ruin them. Just roll bs everyone to death.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:05 am

lol I love Unforseens comment silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:31 am