Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
Dark Souls PRO
Federally
Jovias-86
bloodpixel
DxV04
Spurgun
User
DoughGuy
SATLOS
BoilerFan8472
dancash1808
billy_bayonet
DamageCK
Yarxov
befowler
dardenfall
FruitPunchNinja
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
T-King-667
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
zzombieboy
TehInfamousAmos
Hahalo
Azran
RANT
skarekrow13
Carphil
SlakeMoth
VinheimProfessor
Pesth
RandelOolacile
WyrmHero
36 posters

Oh ****, I'm getting bored of DkS.

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Oh ****, I'm getting bored of DkS. - Page 3 Empty Re: Oh ****, I'm getting bored of DkS.

Post by Spurgun Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:38 am

Still waiting for our coop journey to continue wyrm.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Oh ****, I'm getting bored of DkS. - Page 3 Empty Re: Oh ****, I'm getting bored of DkS.

Post by Yarxov Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:45 am

Dont forget Disco Dave
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3043438715521801
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:34 am

Captain america:
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2427997564754887
    The hulk:
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4559867844763837
    That random archer hero guy:
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3523453647441605
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:45 am

Well, I really recommend dragons dogma, it is a relaxing game with spikes of fear and adrenaline. I like wondering the forest not knowing what is next specially at night.

Just ran into my first wyrm and I ran like a little girl. I did not feel I was ready . The damn thing started flying and chasing my behind!!! I was worried for while and for my pawns but we all made it out alive.

Trust me Wyrm you will like. If stay away from mages the game is harder.

So continue your co op jouney with spurgun and lay off DkS except for the upcoming gravelord tour and you will be happy to play dark souls on occasion.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:55 am

That's what happens if you stick to one game for too long.
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jovias-86 Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:15 am

WyrmHero wrote:Dragon's Dogma looked amazing, but I dislike party-based "action" RPGs (like Dragon Age). I think DkS is perfect because you can't button mash, you have to plan your attacks well and use your shield. I want a similar type of game.

Thats the exact reason my Dragons Dogma is lying somewhere...

And *** you already took a break... :p
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:49 am

dardenfall wrote:Rewatch the bartholomew trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93LFz_j5fQA

There's nothing that's ever fired me up for a game more (as an adult) than that masterpiece of a promo.

Even better two minutes longer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvljGfsjeqQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

@Wyrm with my Coop cosplay and the weekly events the forum has had it hasn't been hard for me to stay interested in DkS. Guess you won't be around to interfere in my plans for the LifeHunter event Saturday twisted
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:52 am

Oh I forgot to add...

Goodbye Wyrm, can I haz your stuffs?
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:18 am

I can haz slabz, Wyrm?
    Dark Souls PRO
    Dark Souls PRO
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dark Souls PRO Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:24 am

bloodpixel wrote:That's what happens if you stick to one game for too long.
    True on most occasions but I havn't played any other game for 5 months except a few or so days ago when I played Skyrim because of the Dawnguard DLC.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:38 am

I get fed up sometimes. What I do is to play something entirely different so I don't start to compare it with Dark Souls. I play CoD online or Gears of War 3 online (not to much because that game sucks), I still have to finish SH Downpour on the PS3.

And after like a week or so, you are already back storming Lordran and enjoying it. So don't feel bad about getting kind of bored, just try something different.

By the way, Dragon's Dogma is a good game worth of trying and finishing. Just avoid any kind of comparissions and you'll enjoy it.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:49 am

Yeah. Don't compare combat mechanics of DkS with any other game you'd like to enjoy. Evedything else just feels clunky.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:53 am

ahahahahahahha this happens to everyone wyrm silly

Go play some VASTLY different or older game and you'll be able to make do for a while till your urges bring you back winking
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:09 am

DamageCK wrote:Yeah. Don't compare combat mechanics of DkS with any other game you'd like to enjoy. Evedything else just feels clunky.

'feels clunky' does not nearly describe hoe disgusted I waa with Skyrim's combat after DkS. More like "feels empty, hollow, soulless, boring, inconsequential" and the list goes on lol. I run out of adjectives long before I run out of negative feelings for Skyrim's combat.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:16 am

I felt the same way about Reckoning combat, and a lot of reviews were talking about how great it was. The game was sooo boring. Can't believe I played all the way through it.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:27 am

DamageCK wrote:I felt the same way about Reckoning combat, and a lot of reviews were talking about how great it was. The game was sooo boring. Can't believe I played all the way through it.

Curt Shilling says Thanks!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:36 am

I have Reckoning there too, collecting dust. I liked the game, put about 10 hours into it. Began playing DkS again and I didn't touch it again. I concur with ypu guys, the story and quests are boring. And Fed I ain't saying goodbye, but I'll be playing less, I'll show up for events. Spur I think it's a good idea to begin again.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:24 am

Good. Amos said he wanted to join us, so we’ll be 3 this time big grin
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Dark Souls kills the dungeon-crawler, hack&slash genre dead.

I'd recommend trying a different genre altogether.
    May I recommend Nier again? silly
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:19 pm

nier?
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:12 pm

While I was unknowingly searching for the game that would eventually be Dark Souls (got kinda bored with FPS and ended up getting Darksiders, Dante's Inferno & Castlevania: LoS all in a couple months time) I looked into & read a bunch of reviews on Nier. Seemed pretty interesting but for whatever reason didn't get it. Maybe I'll get around to it one of these days!
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:39 pm

I really enjoyed the little of what i played of neir. Then i got to that fishing quest.....i know its not far into the game at all, but god i hated the fishing.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:59 pm

I'ma last gen games type of guy when i get bored. Grand Theft Auto (insert fav version), Fighting games like Tekken, or just.... go outside! lol

You could always just quit for good too. One less pro I have to worry about while slaughtering the masses
    Oh ****, I'm getting bored of DkS. - Page 3 1697547848
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:07 pm

How did i forget nier! admitedly you have to farm for weapon materials on occasion but its a great game and the stories great (imo)
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:09 pm

Nier is truly a gem of a game. It's got a little bit of everything, excellent writing and deep, loveable characters. It even takes stabs at other genres; there is some side-scrolling, platforming, text adventuring, bullet hell, and survival-horror style mixed in in some zones. Plus, you can go fishing or harvesting your crops outside your house if you want! As every sidequest in the game, that is optional.

The combat system is kind of customizable. You got three weapon categories - one-handed swords, two-handed swords, spears -, plus eight-ten spells (can't remember precisely). There's a total of 50+ weapons in the game, they can be upgraded and your character can be improved with "words" (runes a la diablo).

The story seems to be more upbeat than what it really is, and you can't say you played it till you play twice. During the second playthrough, you will be able to understand what the enemies are saying, which was a brilliant move.

Again, it's not as refined as Dark Souls; but is in no way dated or mechanically clunckly at all.

I think it's one of my most favourite games ever. It's not simply a game, it's a work of art, the last goodbye of a dying studio.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:06 am