Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
callipygias
TehInfamousAmos
Noob-of-Artorias
Dark Souls PRO
Federally
DamageCK
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Tolvo
Rynn
13 posters

Nothing to see here! Just normal PvP talk! Totally no fighting or heated opinions here!

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Nothing to see here! Just normal PvP talk! Totally no fighting or heated opinions here! Empty Nothing to see here! Just normal PvP talk! Totally no fighting or heated opinions here!

Post by Rynn Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:11 am

Simply put, I got a build to level SL 120 this week on PS3, I was hanging at my friends house and I just wanted to try it out.

Well I'm getting my *** handed to me on a regular basis, and then I go back to X-box today, and only 2 people (some random in a forest and Dark Souls PRO) had any capacity to even harm me. Even vs Gankers, I was a walking god otherwise. With this new understanding, I'm not sure I wish to play Dark Souls anymore, until I hold it on a new platform.

The funny thing is... I've told all of you before that I didn't think I was really good. None of my builds fail, but you can all point out several flaws in them... and maybe that's why. Maybe people really just can't play well enough to punish me.

Last edited by Rynn on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Nothing to see here! Just normal PvP talk! Totally no fighting or heated opinions here! Empty Re: Nothing to see here! Just normal PvP talk! Totally no fighting or heated opinions here!

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:13 am

It probably just has to do with the number of players on PS3, as well that Demon's Souls players have experience with the style then come over to Dark.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Nothing to see here! Just normal PvP talk! Totally no fighting or heated opinions here! Empty Re: Nothing to see here! Just normal PvP talk! Totally no fighting or heated opinions here!

Post by Rynn Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:24 am

I truly do not understand how there can be such a large gap in-between the average skills of players though. The only people I'm even matched with, is I still had a 8/10 win ratio vs Gankers.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:28 am

Backwards Baboon made the switch. He's played extensively on both systems, maybe he could give more of a definitive answer.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:29 am

Well you'll find a lot of the forest hunters still manage that ratio on the PS3 side.

Ix-Nay on the Onsole-Cay Ars-way.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:34 am

I think Tolvo has a solid point. A lot of players probably carried over from DS. Plus you've got a bigger Japanese crowd on PS3, and apparently the game is huge over there. Would you say there are more or less cheesers on XBL?
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:24 am

Welcome to the Playstation 3 Master Race!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:51 am

It's the Third Reich after all.

I couldn't resist that one.
    Dark Souls PRO
    Dark Souls PRO
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dark Souls PRO Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:53 am

Are xbox players really that bad? Come on what about our fights? Sure you didn't win but it's about having fun! And plus if you can beat a bunch of backstabbing gankers it gives you the that "I just owned a bunch of grubs feeling".
    If you're staying on PS3 atleast comeback every so often to duel me. sad
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:12 am

Meh, it's a trade off, PS3 players are infinitely better at Dark Souls and games that require actual skill.

Xbox players are better at twitch shooters like CoD and tactical shooters like Halo.

It's just how the demographics pan out.

That said, I'm fairly certain I could hold my own against the Playstation crowd...unfortunately I'll never get a chance to put my money where my mouth is.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:24 am

Please, please, don't turn this into a console war. That was what the pig latin was for damnit!
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:29 am

Right, lets derail tolvo - Arby's - you and the bed of chaos. Feelings about this?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:30 am

Oh god, what happens at Arby's stays in the skype chat Amos, for crying out loud that is definitely a fictional situation which will break forum rules.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:32 am

Okay - Reim sending pictures to us - what is all the hype about? I'm kidding, that was clearly Emergences fault winking Anyway, getting wood over a dark-wood grain ring, how about that?
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:40 am

Rynn wrote:Simply put, I got a build to level SL 120 this week on PS3, I was hanging at my friends house and I just wanted to try it out.

Well I'm getting my *** handed to me on a regular basis, and then I go back to X-box today, and only 2 people (some random in a forest and Dark Souls PRO) had any capacity to even harm me. Even vs Gankers, I was a walking god otherwise. With this new understanding, I'm not sure I wish to play Dark Souls anymore, until I hold it on a new platform.

The funny thing is... I've told all of you before that I didn't think I was really good. None of my builds fail, but you can all point out several flaws in them... and maybe that's why. Maybe people really just can't play well enough to punish me.
    Not only is your conclusion nonsense, it's also insulting to a good portion of the forum. I play on both and as yet have noticed no difference that doesn't eventually balance out, with the exception of more frequent invasions on PS3. The invaders themselves haven't struck me as better or worse than those on XBL.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:46 am

Rynn wrote:Simply put, I got a build to level SL 120 this week on PS3, I was hanging at my friends house and I just wanted to try it out.

That's some harsh words sad you shouls duel me! I promise I won't give you easy time.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:23 am

Now here we go again - herpes spreading like crabs in the forum environment. Crabs causes major offence also winking
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:25 am

Guys let's just drop it okay? Rynn has a view, that's it. We all have views about the consoles, please don't let this become something big. I'm on my knees here begging, well technically I'm on my beard...I'm on my beard here pleading!
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:25 am

And general itchiness.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:26 am

Tolvo wrote:Guys let's just drop it okay? Rynn has a view, that's it. We all have views about the consoles, please don't let this become something big. I'm on my knees here begging, well technically I'm on my beard...I'm on my beard here pleading!

He's on his effing beard, guys. STOP THE MADNESS.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:36 am

Dark Souls PRO wrote:Are xbox players really that bad? Come on what about our fights? Sure you didn't win but it's about having fun! And plus if you can beat a bunch of backstabbing gankers it gives you the that "I just owned a bunch of grubs feeling".
    If you're staying on PS3 atleast comeback every so often to duel me. sad
    Dude, I loved our duels, and I had fun with them. That's just the thing though... I have to wait countless hours to get a duel against someone that knows what they are doing, and about 40% of the time on PS3 (I'm judging that by more then 1 day of play guys) I get battles against players equal or better in skill then you... and fighting players that fall for the same 3 tricks over and over again makes me sad. It's a beacon of hope when I find a player, such as yourself, that understand basic concepts when devising their builds... and I don't feel like I'm going to improve with how uncommon those fights are. We can duel often, and I'm in no way doubtful that you know what you're doing.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:48 am

Rynn, you find this exact stuff on PS3 also - I had string of matches in the burg where I had a 20 winstreak, in each of these matches I had two parries, not fishing for them either - they fall for the same old pyromancy tricks - especially in the forest. A SLB Murakumo still cuts down a rainbow brigade. Just search in the XBL FC - you will be guaranteed to get some enjoyable matches happy
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:51 am

Do I need to mention the forest invasion earlier where my fellow hunter tried to attack me in vain, since we were both hunters. And his bumbling led me and him to a shallow grave made of white mist just above the ground.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:56 am

You know things are gonna get ugly when your own teammate is trying to kill you.

"Why he no take damagez? HAXORRR!!!"
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:01 am

I hasd a teammate do that to me. I turned around and parried him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:02 am