Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
User
DoughGuy
NR-K
Serious_Much
Ahhotep1
ViralEnsign_
ZikoLogiKa NL
11 posters

Xanthous Luminaries - Ancient Archeologists

NR-K
    NR-K
    Addicted
    Addicted

Xanthous Luminaries - Ancient Archeologists - Page 2 Empty Re: Xanthous Luminaries - Ancient Archeologists

Post by NR-K Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:25 pm

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:well , first of all , I was figuring out how to cut a part of an image out of a picture properly , like you did with my Bonewheel sig.

For that I use gimp. I haven't a clue how with photobucket

For gimp it takes some time depending on the detail of the image ur working with

As for your advancements you could say that with each "degree" they are allowed to choose a particular weapon to use in their build or something. Something that relates to the items they bring in. Though there are so many titles it would open up too many options to keep the theme of the cov
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Xanthous Luminaries - Ancient Archeologists - Page 2 Empty Re: Xanthous Luminaries - Ancient Archeologists

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:24 pm

thanks man Im downloading it as we speak , or should I say as I type :suspect:
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:38 am

Ziko's a lonely archeologist silly

Seems like nobody is interested in the study of human history & activities.

Ah well ., I guess I should've known this.... the youth of today are all neglecting their origin with their computer-devices lol

It's true , the machines have allready completely taken over humankind.

Last edited by ZikoLogiKa NL on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:52 am; edited 2 times in total
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:21 am

Well this looks fun If a little crazy silly even though dough hasn't posted here you got his seal of approval via skype silly Ill go for this big grin
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:24 am

Xanthous Luminaries - Ancient Archeologists - Page 2 Seal-of-approval
    Done big grin

And excuse me dan
    DoughGuy wrote:I think the need for a trident may restrict your
    members lol. I have a couple I could trade though to PS3 members.
    Acquired ... questionably but Im happy to share the dance.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:25 am

My bad. guess I just get used to your spam everywhere and kinda filter it out winking
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:36 am

haha yeah ., actually Dough was one of the first to explore this excavation silly
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:15 pm

Count me in!
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:10 pm

http://tinyurl.com/czr83zr

Can I use this build for this user covenant?
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:04 pm

Welcome to the forum & welcome to the Ancient Archeologists my friend !

I have to say that I am very pleased with your Luminary build incorporating the Avelyn, and I bet many opponents are quite surprised that you are using miracles instead of pyromancies twisted

I see that you are a Darkmoon Blade is this correct ? On which system do you reside ?

PS

Since you are a Darkmoon Blade I would also like to sugest for you to look into one of the other larger popular Darkmoon covenants around here.

Unfortunately you and I are the only participating members so far. I created this covenant a few weeks ago for the fun of creating , and releasing my inspiration.

You are very welcome to participate in the Luminaries , and I would also love to hear your suggestions on improving the covenant !

Despite the ranks , we are all equals here.

Im also an active member of 2 other large covenants out here ,

naimly The GraveSworn & The Followers of Izalith , but they are no DMBs ,

like you wou'dve guessed haha
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:10 pm

These are the active DM covenants around the forum cheers

DM covenant ''the messengers of Velka''

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t7567-messengers-of-velka

DM covenant ''The Brotherhood of the Blade''

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t6975-brotherhood-of-the-blade

DM covenant ''Lordran's Deliverance''

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t6702-lordran-s-deliverance
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:17 pm

I am currently on PSN. Thank you for the input on the build. I was leaning towards the dark moon's, yes.

I had a few questions about turning in artifacts? Just a little detail on how I go about this? Whom or how do I turn this stuff in? I am also very fascinated by Xanthous, so naturally I would come here. I must say however, you've done his lore such great justice. I don't think I have any outstanding suggestions yet, but we will see what I can come up with.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:35 pm

That's great thanks !

I am very pleased that a Darkmoon Blade will provide us with many human DNA tissue samples to examine muhahaha :pirat:

but ''unfortunately'' I am on XBL only ,

but it would be awesome if you would be able to post pictures as proof each time that you retrieved an artefact, along with the corresponding amount of ''Souvenirs of Reprisal'' in your case.

You are probably aware that you may also level up with sunlight medals awarded to you by helping out other people as a phantom in coop.

As for the Artefacts .,

I'd like to say that you may only deliver 2 artefacts per week , untill you have reached the 5th degree in the rankingsystem.

It would also be the most fun if you are actually going to retrieve all artifacts with your Xanthous build starting from now , rather then offering items which you've allready earned and are waiting in your inventory or BB
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:14 pm

So I got the BSS in my first run through with 7 humannity. I can't wait to start collecting artifacts with my build! I have a very hard time not thrusting my enemies in the butt with this sword. It is so satisfying! lol! I just need to get the peculiar doll and head to the painted world!
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Wow that can't be luck , lol , you were born to become a luminary silly

What's your favourite area to invade as a Darkmoon ?

Ive only been a DMB when I was still collecting all the miracles for the achievement. Im usually a Gravelord who can also invade with cracked red orbs.:pirat:

Im actually going to make a Balder Side Sword build real soon because I haven't really used it a lot or incorporated it before.
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:16 pm

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:Wow that can't be luck , lol , you were born to become a luminary silly

What's your favourite area to invade as a Darkmoon ?

Ive only been a DMB when I was still collecting all the miracles for the achievement. Im usually a Gravelord who can also invade with cracked red orbs.:pirat:

Im actually going to make a Balder Side Sword build real soon because I haven't really used it a lot or incorporated it before.

I tend to invade the forest gankers... I mean huntards... dammit. I kinda have a resentment towards this area. On the other hand there is always a "sinner" in the forest. This will be my first bss build also. I'm more of a str/fth player tho. Gotta try it all at least once tho.
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:29 am

As I come to a close on my luminary build I would like to thank the leader for the inspiration. Seriously, This is to show that I am actually working on it.

Xanthous Luminaries - Ancient Archeologists - Page 2 Th_2012-08-03_20-23-22_983

Last edited by Umbassa Zealot on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:07 pm; edited 4 times in total
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:43 am

Damn Im really curious but I can't seem to see or open it sad

Good to hear that you like to invade the evil part of the forest to bring an end to the everlasting gank !
    Yomamoto
    Yomamoto

Post by Yomamoto Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:43 pm

Oh my i did not even know , this thing seems awesome, ziko you should totally count me in, and i'ma make me a character right away O.o
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:32 pm

fixed it. I broke down and signed up for photobucket to do so though. i'm currently in the archives trying to get avelyn.

I had an idea. We have limited items(artifacts) that we can collect for the sake of rank. With the limit on turning in artifacts, why not provide more artifacts to collect. A few rare ones I've found to be somewhat challenging to collect are...

Big Hat- Very troublesome to talk to this guy (what 4 times?) to get just his hat. It is also supposedly world renowned.

Tiny Being Ring- Although you can use this as a starting gift the amount of effort to acquire this in game is equal to that of the Big Hat.

Others may include character specific items such as the artorias weapons, Bonewheel Shields, etc...

Also you could do some boss weapons. Gwyn's Sword which would require a NG+ character. Darkmoon Bow/Catalyst and more.

From an aesthetic point of view you could make the images links to include the wiki page associated with the artifact.

ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:07 pm

@ Yoma

That's great man , I am pleased to hear that and allready looking forward to your build & covenant suggestion !

I used to have a link to this covenant in my signature but i recently removed it lol.

@ Umbassa

Thanks for providing the headshot of your Archeologist , it's nice to know what my co-workers actually look like !

How is the retrieval of the beautifull Avelyn progressing ? Are you allready accepted within the Darkmoon Blades ?

Thanks a lot for your input , those are some great suggestions !

Don't you get the Big Hat in the same way as the Tin Crystalisation catalyst ?

If I add more artefacts , I will also increase the amount of needed artefacts to rank-up , because I can't come up with more suiting rank-titles lol :roll:

I also would like the ranks to have certain specific tasks or duties but I don't know what ,

and how to implement it yet.

:cyclops:

I will start brainstorming in a few days on how to further expand the covenant.
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:31 pm

The avelyn is proving difficult as always. I never have the right weapon to defeat these crystal enemies so I always struggle in the archives. I have not tried going down to the catacombs for the darkmoon seance ring yet. I already have a character down there and it's depressing enough as it is. Not to say I am not a fan of "dark" but I am not a fan of beating my brains up against a stone wall in order to pass a certain area. In other words, it is difficult.

As for the Big Hat question, I believe you are correct. You could always reduce the turn in rate to 1 a week, and provide "Events" that allow members to stretch those boundaries.

As far as ranks/duties go? You could divide investigations and artifacts to be bound by one's specific build. A lot of what I see on here are builds that are based around 4 different areas.

Str/Fth/Dex/Mgc(pyro)

...With their sub options like caster, BSer, etc...

What you will end up with is something like...

Magic based archeologist would only be capable of turning in things such as Moonlight Butterfly Horn, Crystal Ring Shield, etc...

...While a Dexterity based archeologist would be able to turn in things such as chaos blade, whips, etc...

I also had another idea about the members section. Perhaps, if we had all active members provide a photo of their "headshot", we could plaster their Archeologist next to or over their name in the members section? I've not seen this done and I think it's great to see what people think the xanthous looks like. Adds more RP in the mix too.
    Yomamoto
    Yomamoto

Post by Yomamoto Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:37 am

@Umba If you need help getting the avalon in the archives it's a lot easier with two people so you can turn the staircase and such, also as for the seance ring if you'd like i have a couple spare from doing run throughs and such if you'd prefer notto go through catacombs, but if you do i can also run through that with you as i've been there to many times to count @.@.

As for ideas i'm in a bit of an understated mood right now so nothing comes to mind yet but surely i'll have some ideas on another day or time... Where do we turn in the artifacts and such?

(disregard that umb, i forgot you were psn @.@ my bad man)
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:06 am

No biggie Yoma... Thanks for the offer!
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:31 am

LoL Yoma you can personally hand over items and artefacts to myself since we are both XBL cheers

Im willing to make Umbassa the offical treasurer for PS3 members , meaning that when we get more members on PSN , they have to provide you with the Artifacts & items needed to rank up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:13 am