Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
billy_bayonet
TheBigLebowski
RANT
User
Shindori
9 posters

Which is stronger, Darkmoon or Sunlight Blade?

Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Which is stronger, Darkmoon or Sunlight Blade? Empty Which is stronger, Darkmoon or Sunlight Blade?

Post by Shindori Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:54 pm

As the title says. I honesdtly just want the srtrongest buff for my katana, strongest as in miracle buff, not sorcery. I have no points in INT so yeah, no sorceries for me.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Which is stronger, Darkmoon or Sunlight Blade? Empty Re: Which is stronger, Darkmoon or Sunlight Blade?

Post by User Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Darkmoon has the highest magic adjustment amplifier depending on your faith AND Darkmoon rank; Sunlight Blade has a rare lightning buff, while Darkmoon is magic.

Depends on if you want to be a Darkmoon, and what enemies you face; lightning can be better than magic at times, and vice versa.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Which is stronger, Darkmoon or Sunlight Blade? Empty Re: Which is stronger, Darkmoon or Sunlight Blade?

Post by Shindori Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:06 pm

PVP, sir. PVP.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:10 pm

depends on you ropponent, for example i have almost 400 magic res and about 300 lightning res so i would be weaker to slb. i tested my msgs with dmb+3 and slb on full giant's armor and the difference was about 50 points which is not a big difference specially when you need to be a darkmoon to have dmb so i went with slb.

edit; i had 50 str and 30 faith.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Well this is mainly for PVP. So.. i believe most people are weaker to lightning right?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:12 pm

Many refer the Darkmoon Blade; I use Sunlight Blade personally. The Darkmoon has a higher adjustment than any other buff, with sunlight in second.

As sorcery and magic faiths are becoming more popular, people usually wear heavy Armour with anti-magic defences at times. However, many still prefer the Darkmoon Blade for higher increase of damage with magic than the Sunlight's lightning damage increase which is lesser.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:19 pm

bleh im going for the sunlight blade.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:26 pm

imo slb is better since most people stack poise and heavy armor has lower magic, fire and lightning res than the light ones.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:15 am

Yes Sunlight blade is good.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:30 am

I use SLB, The only problem with DMB is you have to be a DM to use it :/ which is a bit shoddy,
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:46 am

Not really. I see the argument but you are dealing directly with a god, he can withdraw his blessing. Especially as the damage difference is very small and magic is easier to stop, both faith and int have magic damage reduction abilities.

I would argue that there should be more (and in some cases better) exclusive covenant rewards, but the negligible damage difference, the ease of reducing magic damage, and the 1 slot limit results in dmbs real benefit being cosmetic, there's no better way to identify a servant of gwyndolin than by the pale blue glow of a blade blessed with moonlight.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:47 am

on average, DMB will add 10-80 REAL DAMAGE per hit to your attacks. Sunlight Blade on the other hand is covenant free, and can be used by any covenant freely.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:50 am

reinforcing my point, the difference is appearance not damage, so it being dm exclusive isn't giving dms an advantage.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:25 am

it looks better then SLB, DMB on a whip is beautiful!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:29 am

I agree, it does look much cooler imo. It almost looks like the moonlight sharpens the blade, where the shoddy lightning effects just makes slb look silly.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:34 am

also if you spin round with the DMB active it kinda makes a light saber effect, where as the SLB just doesnt look as prett, but i prefer SLB for damage
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:42 am

I don't, if they cast gmb or magic shield I just fight with physical damage because I don't need the damage boost. If they try to add a weapon buff I backstab them. I'll allow 1 out of courtesy and because I wish to fight on equal terms, but to try a second time is to be backstabbed.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:43 am

yeah rebuffing is well, if you cant kill the person in the time the first buff lasts your obvs not using it properly, on my FH SLB on a Pike will destroy in about 3-4 good pokes
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:51 am

I ment if someone sees dmb and uses their 1 buff for gmb I'll allow it because it essentialy means we're back to square 1, if they then try to cast slb I'm backstabbing them, kicking if they think they're clever.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:57 am

can you spell cancel a buff? cause you could easily turn that into a new BS technicue they coem to BS you cancel and POW ill show you!
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:59 am

SLB looks so much cooler than DMB imo - take a look at my avatar - you wouldn't have those awesome sparks on a DMB buffed weapon. Well it depends on armor your wearing as to which looks better. If you are wearing darker armor then SLB looks cooler however if you are wearing lighter coloured armor eg; Golds, whites and such the DMB looks epic!
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:07 pm

They both look better than CMW.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:17 pm

my favourite is SLB but the coolest is CMW, those crystals coming out of oyour weapons look so cool.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:22 pm

They look plastic to me :|

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:00 am