Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

The Parish Belltower (Spoilers)

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

The Parish Belltower (Spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Parish Belltower (Spoilers)

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:44 am

Do you reckon you could try some fireballs too? Preferably GCF, cause that would give us an actual picture of it.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

The Parish Belltower (Spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Parish Belltower (Spoilers)

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:54 am

Before I went up the tower I tried a bunch of ranged spells against a brick wall (corner actually for 3D rather than 2D target) to see how it would map around things. The list I use included: Emit Force, Sunlight Spear, Crystal Soul Spear, Great Heavy Soul Arrow and Great Chaos Fireball along with Acid and Poison Mist. The mist spells have the best potential range so that's what I brought with me. Also, on the bridge to Sen's they effectively mapped the railing and their long effect is easy to reference distance from. All of the other spells I tried, even Chaos Fireball didn't really show me anything except an impact point. The animation didn't show enough to really mean much. I can always try again. I wanna jump at it anyway.
    baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

Post by baby_beavis Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:11 am

BTW,
    If you know by now where I got a sense of map locations from, and what the belltower, sen's fortress and piscilla's spot in the painted world had in common; I hope it's understood why I think all 3 are involved here. They might not be, i have no clue, but I won't not consider them as such when looking for clues. Just so it doesn't cause confusion if I include them in tests for now.
    On that note, even if it might be a bit extreme, I went to the painted world to map it out for clues, even as it's own thing/entity (maybe we are siding with Priscilla, or something there to trigger something, dunno); like it's the other far end of that invisible thing we are shooting at in the belltower.
    Anyway, 1 am far from done, but one thing I noticed these 3 locations have in common are the tower knights. If i'm not mistaken, these 3 are the only ones in the game. Just to put it out there.
    For the painted world, besides other things, blacksmith, velka's gear, jeremiah with pyro, pyro spells, deformed head disgusting mobs, egg vermifuge, gold coin, skeletons etc. I found the vermifuge odd, like it's for us players, not the mobs.
    Just another note. From the design works, the ring area in sen's fortress had some red markings. I found intriguing.
    very last picture in this thread.
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t4931-dark-souls-design-works-wip#86603
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jorund Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:22 pm

baby_beavis wrote:
    On that note, even if it might be a bit extreme, I went to the painted world to map it out for clues, even as it's own thing/entity (maybe we are siding with Priscilla, or something there to trigger something, dunno); like it's the other far end of that invisible thing we are shooting at in the belltower.

You know how Priscilla likely wanted to kill the Gods? Does anything she says change or anything if you kill Gywndolin first and then visit her? I think it would also be important to try it both ways:
    1.) Visit her first, kill Dolin, visit her again, check for changes
    2.) Kill Dolin, visit her, check for changes

Probably been done, but you never know.
    baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

Post by baby_beavis Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:19 am

beats me.
    At this point I think it's not as easy as a few simple steps to understand anything. More like a few playthroughs, so you're holding everything you can think of on you, like all firekeeper's souls, boss souls etc. while looking for triggers and such. Even all embers without giving them to blacksmiths for that matter. They dont carry over, but you can choose to keep them (like someone posted on glymphblade's thread); and by then you should have your weapons upgraded and can afford to.
    I seriously don't know, but personally I'm finding it a waste of time using test characters when I am pretty sure I'll have to re-test everything later. Not to mention testing things at different covenant levels and all; and, like gywn's souls had a different use than making weapons, maybe there is something else similar, with his or other bosses. Who knows, just playing the game as normal makes most sense atm.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:16 am