Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
befowler
FrEyes
martyrsbrigade99
Gaxe
ithunktwice
WyrmHero
Buggy Virus
nsane32
User
Pesth
RANT
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Tolvo
skarekrow13
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rynn
20 posters

So, Crystaline Armor seems to have a hidden buff... (Needs help confirming)

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

So, Crystaline Armor seems to have a hidden buff... (Needs help confirming) Empty So, Crystaline Armor seems to have a hidden buff... (Needs help confirming)

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:25 am

So... I have been playing my High level character a lot recently, because I'm in the middle of a no-bonfire playthrough, but I've been in the forest PvPing a lot, and I have gotten a lot of messages today about my armor... and some things I didn
    t notice... but got said to me quite a lot.

I received a lot of messages about broken gear, and horrifically low damage backstabs. The backstabs got me called a hacker a lot of times today, as one person put it: "I'm wearing the hornet ring, and using the Black Knight Great Axe. My backstab only did 590 damage. -plethora of insults and a "I'm reporting you" here."

It was also implied that hitting me was causing an abnormal amount of weapon decay, but this was said to me far less often. The one guy that noted it most often was a dueler, who apparently broke his ricards rapier mid fight with me, -twice-. He used repair powder both times to continue the battle.

I'd like more information, as I have no clue what the complaints towards me are coming from, and I'd like to know. Perhaps there is a reason this armor is so expensive to repair, while offering subpar defense, low poise, weighing so much... etc.

EDIT: While likely insignificant, I'm on my Fourth New Game +.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

So, Crystaline Armor seems to have a hidden buff... (Needs help confirming) Empty Re: So, Crystaline Armor seems to have a hidden buff... (Needs help confirming)

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:28 am

Sounds like the answer to the Washing Pole. lol
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

So, Crystaline Armor seems to have a hidden buff... (Needs help confirming) Empty Re: So, Crystaline Armor seems to have a hidden buff... (Needs help confirming)

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:41 am

That would actually make a lot of sense. Science and in game wise. Glass is harder than steel (but harder to repair). Smacking glass with a blade is always a bad idea in real life. In game they love their secrets and the crystal weapons enhance their basic nature so the armor logically would do the same. I find this concept highly intriguing and will probably need to play tonight to see about this.......
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:48 am

Now, I wasn't personally noting the backstabs too much, but that was just said to me a lot. Backstabs still are taking about a third of my HP, so it just seemed normal. Low damage backstabs are just honestly to me usually a sign that my opponents gear sucks. However, they would know what is normal for them a lot more, and if a lot of people are claiming their backstabs hurt me significantly less, it's worth looking into.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:48 am

I've never noticed any of these things when I cosplay duel as the Crystal Knight, so it seems a bit odd to suddenly hear this. But maybe it could be attributed to the difference in Console.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:54 am

Tolvo wrote:I've never noticed any of these things when I cosplay duel as the Crystal Knight, so it seems a bit odd to suddenly hear this. But maybe it could be attributed to the difference in Console.
    Please tell me more <3. I wanna know about this, and I knew I couldn't have been the only person to ever wear this with how often this forum innovates.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:56 am

Well I just do it at lower levels, because *** me the Crystal Greatsword is terrible. The only thing I've ever noticed is it makes no noise while wearing the armor as you run and move, that's about it. Backstabs have been the same to me, and I have yet to break someone's weapons while wearing the set except one time. But, I used acid surge due to their DMB Washing Pole.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:07 pm

anyone checked to see if it helps body buffs in any way? since its crystals and all maybe they'll strengthen said buffs or lengthen the time they last?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:16 pm

It'd be awesome if it significantly reduced b.s. damage. Th problem is that it's ugly as hell.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:26 pm

OH! rynn do you roll near your opponents alot? say, close enough to damage them with kirks armor? maybe the crystal armor functions similarly doing damge during rolls and kicks etc? and that might explain why tolvo saw less of an effect due to differing play styles...
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:35 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:OH! rynn do you roll near your opponents alot? say, close enough to damage them with kirks armor? maybe the crystal armor functions similarly doing damge during rolls and kicks etc? and that might explain why tolvo saw less of an effect due to differing play styles...
    Crystals don't add thorns damage, so I don't understand the question?
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:47 pm

RantFromRant wrote:It'd be awesome if it significantly reduced b.s. damage. Th problem is that it's ugly as hell.

lol! crystalline armor is one of the most awesome looking amors sets om the entire game, it is... it is just damm beutiful lol
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:48 pm

It is very Arabic, and I love the design. If only there wasn't the crystals jutting out of it. I wish there was a version without the crystals.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:52 pm

Then it would just be wooden Armour and cloth/silk
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:55 pm

Tolvo wrote:I wish there was a version without the crystals.
    You may get your wish when we face the warriors of old in the DLC.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:03 pm

Oh man I would love that so much, funny thing. The mask actually reminds me of a Shy Guy haha.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:05 pm

As a note, The Mask of the Mother, Father, Child... look good with this set. Really good.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:08 pm

ill run some test today with a friend ill report back here if I find anything
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:10 pm

nsane32 wrote:ill run some test today with a friend ill report back here if I find anything
    Much appreciated.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:26 pm

Pesth wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:It'd be awesome if it significantly reduced b.s. damage. Th problem is that it's ugly as hell.

lol! crystalline armor is one of the most awesome looking amors sets om the entire game, it is... it is just damm beutiful lol

Ewww I guess that's the reason for being a lot of armors, everyone has different tastes.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:32 pm

I dont really mind the look I just prefer my BK set or EK set
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:53 pm

sorry i failed to clarify my earlier comment, what i meant was do you think that the crystal set damages armor/weapons (not hp) when you roll into an opponent?
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:31 pm

Wow, crystalline armor, here I come.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:34 pm

I always wanted some crystal armor for my planned pure mage. Now I want to test!
    ithunktwice
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ithunktwice Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:49 pm

This could be the greatest discovery in gank fighting history! cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 8:36 pm