Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
befowler
FrEyes
martyrsbrigade99
Gaxe
ithunktwice
WyrmHero
Buggy Virus
nsane32
User
Pesth
RANT
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Tolvo
skarekrow13
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rynn
20 posters

So, Crystaline Armor seems to have a hidden buff... (Needs help confirming)

Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

So, Crystaline Armor seems to have a hidden buff... (Needs help confirming) - Page 2 Empty Re: So, Crystaline Armor seems to have a hidden buff... (Needs help confirming)

Post by Gaxe Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:57 pm

Oh how much I wish this is true : D Please report back with your findings asap.
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

So, Crystaline Armor seems to have a hidden buff... (Needs help confirming) - Page 2 Empty Re: So, Crystaline Armor seems to have a hidden buff... (Needs help confirming)

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:15 am

Rynn wrote:As a note, The Mask of the Mother, Father, Child... look good with this set. Really good.

I dont' think family masks look good with anything, even a nude character.
    FrEyes
    FrEyes
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by FrEyes Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:34 am

I have to test this when I get back home!
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:24 am

i'm doing a Crystalline Battlemage with this gear + the MLGS, this info just makes me want to hurry on my build big grin
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:42 am

I use the crystal chest and leggings with my chaos servant egghead build (the two look obscenely awesome together) and never noticed anything different. Were you wearing the entire set or just pieces of it?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:40 pm

befowler wrote:I use the crystal chest and leggings with my chaos servant egghead build (the two look obscenely awesome together) and never noticed anything different. Were you wearing the entire set or just pieces of it?
    I was wearing the entire set.
    martyrsbrigade99 wrote:
    Rynn wrote:As a note, The Mask of the Mother, Father, Child... look good with this set. Really good.

I dont' think family masks look good with anything, even a nude character.
    Well now we're arguing aesthetics, but, the headpiece for this set is actually a mask already! When you use the mask of the mother, child, or father, you're replacing a mask with a mask, and it hardly looks any different.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:46 pm

Maybe Martyrs is right, would putting on a mask weaken the armor set's hidden buff? In that, you aren't wearing the full set?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:53 pm

Maybe, but first we need to find out if there is actually a hidden buff... lol
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:53 pm

did some testing last night and it seems to cause weapons to degrade faster but still not 100% sure need to run some test on BSing and I will also test out more weapons

would of got more done but I was extremely tiered last night
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:10 pm

Don't mean to throw more on your plate... but any chance Domnhall's set has intrinsic bonuses as well? I just started using it before I took a break from the game, so I didn't have time to notice anything myself. I'm bringing it up because of Domnhall's connection to Crystal Weapons, and the (unfortunate) fact that the set's defenses are so terrible! Maybe there's a hidden benefit to it too? That set is among my personal favorites, aesthetically.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:36 pm

I may have to test this theory tonight...i can wear full crystalline on my build sooooo....
    ithunktwice
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ithunktwice Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:55 pm

This isn't exactly testing, but I'll wear this set while I invade in the forest. See how much damage a rapier + hr bs does tongue
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:27 pm

I use the leggings paired with chain mail chest as my armor for my dex/pyro toon. The leggings look cool with that combo, especially with a pyro build. I have never noticed anything like this, and like tolvo ive cosplayed a decent amount with the full set. This can be pretty easily tested, and i think it would have been discovered by now. Also, i think the reason the armor costs so much to upgraded is because it was originally not able to be repaired(right?). It just changed in one of the early patches, if i remember correctly.
    ithunktwice
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ithunktwice Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:54 am

So after a few hours of invading, I came to the conclusion that the crystalline armor DOES degrade weapons faster. I had 2 people with washing poles have to switch weapons (menu swap, not just toggle). I'm not completely sure about bs damage reduction, but I noticed that I was getting OHKO'ed very rarely, or at least much more rarely than usual. I hope this helps! Hurrah
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:20 am

ithunktwice wrote:So after a few hours of invading, I came to the conclusion that the crystalline armor DOES degrade weapons faster. I had 2 people with washing poles have to switch weapons (menu swap, not just toggle). I'm not completely sure about bs damage reduction, but I noticed that I was getting OHKO'ed very rarely, or at least much more rarely than usual. I hope this helps! So, Crystaline Armor seems to have a hidden buff... (Needs help confirming) - Page 2 558843162

Now is tempted to use the crystal armor to piss people off.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:57 am

ithunktwice wrote:So after a few hours of invading, I came to the conclusion that the crystalline armor DOES degrade weapons faster. I had 2 people with washing poles have to switch weapons (menu swap, not just toggle). I'm not completely sure about bs damage reduction, but I noticed that I was getting OHKO'ed very rarely, or at least much more rarely than usual. I hope this helps! Hurrah
    Despite bringing it up myself.... I'm finding this hard to believe! <3
    Saxonberserker
    Saxonberserker
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Saxonberserker Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:29 am

So next time I'm PvPing every one I see wearing crystal armour will be from this wiki LOL. I wonder how long before the other wikis pick up on this.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:31 am

It depends on how much truth there is to it. All I have to go on is a bunch of messages accusing me of cheating, and others claiming it looks like it helped.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:27 pm

well th lowered bs damage is probably because the weapons are damaged... so its just one effect, besides have you ever tried hitting crystals or even glass with a blade, the blade tends to get the short end of the stick as the glass is sharper (if more brittle/breakable)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 10:53 pm