Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Great Britains football team play a blinder.

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Great Britains football team play a blinder. Empty Great Britains football team play a blinder.

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:38 pm

I'm referring to the womens' team who've just beaten Brazil to head their group in the Olympic competition. (if you're reading this in American, I believe you call it soccer over there). Three games, three wins and top of their group. Quarter finals against Canada on Friday night. Go girls go!

I played football for a womens' team back in the 60's. It was called Foden's Ladies after the company who made the lorries (trucks) and my dad was manager. Back then womens' football wasn't taken seriously at all but look at it now, an Olympic Sport and tonight's game was played at Wembley Stadium in front of a crowd of 70,000! If it hadn't been for people like my dad who supported and believed in the future of womens' football this wouldn't have happened. Sadly, he's no longer around but he'd have felt proud and rightly so.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Great Britains football team play a blinder. Empty Re: Great Britains football team play a blinder.

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:59 pm

(It was 75000) silly

But I thought we did well, even outplaying Brazil for the majority of the match.. Disappointing that there were no goals from the 2nd minute onwards lol
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Great Britains football team play a blinder. Empty Re: Great Britains football team play a blinder.

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:33 pm

Men's over here is hit and miss popularity. In western NY women's is a big deal thanks to Abby Wambach. In American and Clive Toye speak it's soccer. If I watch anything actively it might be this. I'll admit my bandwagoning on this one

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:40 am