Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Shkar
Phantasmio
passivefamiliar
Spurgun
WyrmHero
bloodpixel
cloudyeki
11 posters

Finally, a build that can be used while cursed!

cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Finally, a build that can be used while cursed! Empty Finally, a build that can be used while cursed!

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:58 am

Get cursed with this http://tinyurl.com/9l9w4cz

And now you have something that'll take NO damage from power within, AND can keep firing spells without fear of running out. Perfect for slaughtering everyone around, and if you wanted to, all you'd have to do to get better damage is switch linger to bellowing, dusk for red tear stone, and use a purging stone. TADA, you have what I call a double cannon. Once PW runs out, you got a 2nd cannon to use!

* this build was thrown together in a haste of caffeine-lacking brilliance and possible megalomania.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Finally, a build that can be used while cursed! Empty Re: Finally, a build that can be used while cursed!

Post by bloodpixel Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:01 am

That reminds me I need to make a hazama build.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Finally, a build that can be used while cursed! Empty Re: Finally, a build that can be used while cursed!

Post by WyrmHero Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:08 am

Are you gonna join my arena or what. Looks fun!!!
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:11 am

At some point. I made this just to prove a point that you could exploit the PW calc so you can avoid taking damage from PW. And I decided to make it a PVP build in NG+.

I've got an idea for my 99, but I gotta think bout how I'm gonna go bout it. You'll see it soon enough though, I just don't wanna go through the hassle that is sen's yet.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:18 am

Awesome. You have to be very very careful with arrows, rapiers and spears 1 hit and you are dead. I would lower Att to 28, Int to 44 and increase Faith to 50. Velka's Talisman scaling sucks bad. Or maybe some End for poise. It's better to die after casting the spell to not casting it at all by a tiny rapier's fault.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:21 am

You´d have to come after me with WoG, as soon as i see you cast a CSS you would have a Xbow bolt in your head.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:43 am

Wait...im a noob....how does it make powerwithin not kill you? You said make you take NO damage from it, how does that work?
    Phantasmio
    Phantasmio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Phantasmio Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:48 am

bloodpixel wrote:That reminds me I need to make a hazama build.

Could you please share that build with me when you create it? I love Hazama, but I cannot think of a way to build him in Dark Souls. However, I just recently made myself a Ragna The Bloodedge build I enjoy very much ^^
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:48 am

It's the calc for power within working against sanctus' regen mechanic.

Health x Mag Adjust / 10,000

so (265/2) x 100 / 10,000, or 1.325 rounded down to just 1 a sec, while you heal for 2 every other sec with sanctus. Thus you've effectively negated the negatives of PW, while keeping the damage bonus.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:53 am

Phantasmio wrote:

Could you please share that build with me when you create it? I love Hazama, but I cannot think of a way to build him in Dark Souls. However, I just recently made myself a Ragna The Bloodedge build I enjoy very much ^^

http://tinyurl.com/8shygkf Here ya go. Stylish, evil, and has knives.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:55 am

Watch, someone will find a way to get you right down to 1 HP so it still kills you.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:57 am

I'm sure with that level of defense a throwing knife could kill ya.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:58 am

cloudyeki wrote:I'm sure with that level of defense a throwing knife could kill ya.

Undoubtedly, especially if it was a poisoned one.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:01 am

This isn't a REAL build. Just the delusions of a mad man.

bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:24 am

cloudyeki wrote:
    Phantasmio wrote:

I think the Black Cleric Robe would suit him better.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:27 am

He wears a badass suit though, the robes look closer to an overcoat of sorts. Besides the coat has better defense overall.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:31 am

But I must sacrifice defense for style.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:36 am

It looks awesome as is though >_>
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:39 am

But the cleric robe is black.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:42 am

So is the wanderer's coat. Also, I may choose to do a different color palette.

http://tinyurl.com/8gj9dmz

Based on the 4th one on the bottomFinally, a build that can be used while cursed! 1548192-hazamacolorchart

Last edited by cloudyeki on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:44 am

Wanderer's coat is brown isn't it?
    Phantasmio
    Phantasmio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Phantasmio Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:47 am

cloudyeki wrote:
    Phantasmio wrote:

I'm liking this! Plus, love Priscilla's dagger xD
    Here, check out my Ragna build, if you'd like: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4593379195583768

I think i got the base pretty spot on, aesthetically and combat-wise
    The rings are switchable and I may use a different ring instead of that Dragon ring. Fun to play, though. Challenges me to dodge more, but it feels great when I slam somebody with that DGS while looking like my dude Ragna in all black!

Yeah, Dark Souls forces us to make our characters based off of alternate costume colors, but we make it work! Mine's just based off of the total black version of Ragna's costume, as I mentioned

Last edited by Phantasmio on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional info)
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:51 am

Don't forget that the 1HR2 and running/backstep R1 LOOK similar but have different parry timing. It won't help too much if they just mash parry, but switching between the 2 may keep you from getting stabbed in the gut or punched in the face.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:32 am

you're crazy man.. haha.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:37 am

This is what happens when I decide that sleep is for the weakest of the weak.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:12 pm