Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY

Poll

This is a poll consisting of which of the option you would like to see the most in a possible future Dark Souls Patch. you can choose 3 options.

[ 5 ]
    MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY   I_vote_lcap14%MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY   I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 8 ]
    MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY   I_vote_lcap22%MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY   I_vote_rcap [22%] 
    [ 5 ]
    MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY   I_vote_lcap14%MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY   I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 1 ]
    MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY   I_vote_lcap3%MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY   I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 6 ]
    MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY   I_vote_lcap17%MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY   I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 3 ]
    MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY   I_vote_lcap8%MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY   I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 4 ]
    MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY   I_vote_lcap11%MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY   I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 3 ]
    MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY   I_vote_lcap8%MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY   I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 1 ]
    MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY   I_vote_lcap3%MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY   I_vote_rcap [3%] 

Total Votes: 36
    Poll closed
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY   Empty MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY

Post by DxV04 Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:52 pm

----- Sorry I've been so long in putting this up -----

#1. regeneration miracles improved by 100%
    #2. soul arrows (not soul spears), fireballs (not fire orbs), and lightning spears can be continously fired while moving
    #3. power within hp drain doesn't increase with pyro glove reinforcement
    #4. praying self-boost miracle casting speed increased
    #5. Karmic justice takes effect when below 30%
    #6. hidden body gains complete invisibility at certain distances
    #7. remedy becomes a miracle instead
    #8. all of the above
    #9. none of the above

#IMPORTANT#
    This is a poll consisting of which of the option you would like to see the most in a possible future Dark Souls Patch.
    you can choose 3 options.
    If the "none" option exceeds 50%, none will be included. if it exceeds the vote of an option, the option will be ruled out/less emphazised.
    The full list can be found here: http://www.preparetodie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22275

Magic isn't broken... it isn't useless... it's just... there.
    Dark Souls is arguably the RPG with the most useless, but at the same time relatively innovative magic. this poll is about making magic in general and pure mages more viable and make pure magic a viable alternative to the pure physical, and more interest combining the both, instead of the 135 different weapon buff and wrath of god builds.

Here's further descriptions and argumentations on the different options.

#1. Regeneration miracles right now are useless, when using a ring that improve synergy you regenerate 12 HP per 1.5 seconds, concidering the likes of Power Within and Great Magic Barrier outshines the viability of regeneration. If made better regeneration would become viable.

#2. Spells could be very good in this game, they are powerful when used along with weapons, but the pure mage, the Faith and Intelligence hybrid, are not viable in PvP at all. Giving lesser spells the ability to be continously fired while moving, will become a mean to kite and apply pressure.

#3. Power Within's HP drain is based on the pyromancy gloves magic adjustment, if you want to avoid Power Within killing you twice, you need to use an unupgraded pyromancy glove. this will make Power Within have a fixed HP drain and will be able to use power within along with powerful spells without switching between two different pyromancy gloves.

#4. The list of miracles is heal, great magic barrier, replenishment, karmic justice and wrath of god...
    AAAAAHAHA, just kidding, not wrath of god. and not, I reapeat, NOT enemy debuff miracles of any kind, great heal, great heal excerpt, princess covenant miracles, weapon buffs or offencive miracles except karmic justice. the speed will become about the same as pyromancys iron flesh, power within and flash sweat if not a little faster.

#5. When soul levels and new game completions increases, mob ganking or 5-7 hits in PvP will KILL YOU. this will make Karmic Justice viable past Blighttown and SL 50.

#6. fog ring and hidden body got nerfed post patch, now they are only viable in PvE, but stealth is pointless against other players right now. fog ring is balanced since it is a ring that can be constantly used, especially regarding PvE. having hidden body more viable as a PvP stealth element as it was back in Demon's Souls, would give invasions more depth. This will make a player with hidden body completely invisible until you are within lock-on range.

#7. having Remedy as a miracle fits the over-all theme of miracles, a focus on buffing, healing, and debuffing, while not throw in cure while you're at it?

#8. self-explanatory
    #9. non-explanatory¨

Thank you all for your continued contribution!

- Vumsy Proper Bow

Last edited by DxV04 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY   Empty Re: MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY

Post by DxV04 Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:53 pm

I actually like all of the above. ! this also a 7 day poll. one more!
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY   Empty Re: MAGIC IMPROVEMENT PATCH POLL BY VUMSY

Post by DxV04 Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:34 pm

wow no love for magic ?? only 4 votes LOL 😕
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:49 pm

None of the above.
    Just give magic free aim like bows... Oh and give crossbows free aim while your at it.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:52 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:None of the above.
    Just give magic free aim like bows... Oh and give crossbows free aim while your at it.star

Hmm both very good ideas... a sniper mage :affraid: damn that sounds like it would hurt.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:58 pm

I just voted for the Miracle Replenishment. I have tried to use such things, and the increase is utterly terrible. I might as well just use the normal heal spell itself, since it replenishes more in the end. Maybe not a 100%, but somewhere close, make the replenish health spells (the normal and princess guard done) more easily use able. The rest I do not give a care for.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:02 pm

bump bump 6 day s left.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:30 pm

another bump...
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:22 am

thanks for voting only a few days left. then no more bumping.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:40 am