Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
omega Elf
Pesth
IV_Mark_VI
7 posters

DragonSlayer spear vs Demon's spear

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

DragonSlayer spear vs Demon's spear Empty DragonSlayer spear vs Demon's spear

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi everyone,

I have an Ornstein cosplay which I'm faithful to (no grasscrest shield or anything; just a spear and a talisman) and his armour.

I find it's surprisingly good; for rings I use DWGR and Leo Ring of course. I mainly 2H the spear, but occasionally I switch off to use a miracle or to parry (they never expect the parry!).

However, against someone with the Demon Spear I almost always lose. Its like a mental block now. It outranges me (by a decent amount I think!) and their armour is normally better than mine. I rarely encounter spear users, but I see everyone thinking they're really good.

So.. tips for spear vs spear? I find I have to close the distance gap, but the Demon Spear seems to outdamage me constantly, plus they normally have a shield which means my options are... backstab and miracles and parries. Can't think of any other effective technique.

Advice?

Edit: and is the demonspear a better spear? I find Dragonslayer 2H can break the guard of a lot of shields with a bit of timing (let them swing or jump around, then go on the offensive). I hate the look of it though. Same reason I can't use a great scythe, just looks dumb to me.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

DragonSlayer spear vs Demon's spear Empty Re: DragonSlayer spear vs Demon's spear

Post by Pesth Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:37 pm

Can't the miracle force break their guard?

I hate demon spears too
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

DragonSlayer spear vs Demon's spear Empty Re: DragonSlayer spear vs Demon's spear

Post by omega Elf Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:40 pm

Against spears I usually use the hornet ring and parry, without a shield I think
    your pretty much screwed.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:50 pm

Roll well. Its your only hope. Come in at an angle, avoid their attacks. Learn their patterns, do they r1 once and roll or spam it? Which way do they roll after an attack? Once you've taken a hit figure out if you can trade blows with them or you need to avoid them and hit without being hurt.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Spear vs Spear I just turtle them, but if you are not using a shield then roll and poke a bit more.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:36 pm

'Demon's spear has the annoying range, but it shouldn't be hitting harder unless you have poor stats. I'd say you're boned in these scenarios, but you can always parry them.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:45 pm

Roll through the pokes is pretty much all that can be done.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:37 pm