Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
SlakeMoth
Seignar
6 posters

The most dreaded situation ever...

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The most dreaded situation ever... Empty The most dreaded situation ever...

Post by Seignar Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:53 pm

So I invest about 200+ Hours to Dark Souls with various PVP builds and some god-like characters. Guess what happens? I'm in the middle of PVP, I die and there is a quick power outage in the middle of my death which instantly turns my console off. I reload the console:

"SAVE DATA is corrupted
    Would you like to create a new SAVE DATA?"

The most dreaded situation ever... 1330857165 The most dreaded situation ever... 1330857165 The most dreaded situation ever... 1330857165

Funny thing is I'm actually amused rather than completely frustrated with what just happened. Starting from 0 once again!
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The most dreaded situation ever... Empty Re: The most dreaded situation ever...

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:14 pm

I applaud you're equanimity. If it had happened to me the controller, the PS3 and the tele would have made a swift exit out the window in no particular order.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:39 pm

i've survived 3 blackouts
    i was dying in anxiety everytime i had to turn on the console again to see if my files were corrupted
    luckly that never happened
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:09 pm

dianaduh wrote:i've survived 3 blackouts
    i was dying in anxiety everytime i had to turn on the console again to see if my files were corrupted
    luckly that never happened

Are from long island? My friend has to turn off his tv whenever there's a. Storm because if the shtty wiring is long island lol
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:18 pm

im from brazil
    im supposed to turn off the console everytime theres a storm too, but i cant just stop playing
    the 3 blackouts happened when there wasnt a storm tho
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:10 pm

My suggestion. Get ps plus, load your saves to the online storage. Or maybe get a external hard drive to keep saves on. But i am sorry for your lose. Best of luck to you. Im sure the community is awilling to help you regain your lost stuff. Msg me if you need anything. Nobody should suffer lose like that.
    oregonav8r
    Regular
    Regular

Post by oregonav8r Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:30 pm

Wow that sucks!

That's the one bad thing about this game's save system, no sort of method to back anything up. I understand its intended to add to the challenging aspect of the game, but occasionally you might get screwed because of it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:23 am