Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Jansports
User1
Elifia
IV_Mark_VI
callipygias
SlakeMoth
RNsunbro
11 posters

No-level question

reim0027
    reim0027

No-level question - Page 6 Empty Re: No-level question

Post by reim0027 Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:17 pm

sendicard wrote:co-cky is censored? Why?
    Think of the first 4 letters.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:25 pm

Well I thought of that but it is a legitimate word. No vulgarity at all. What exactly do we say in place of that then?
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:31 pm

Arrogant? Anyways, what I do is equip white seance ring, attune power within, usually I have the FaP ring on the other finger, and I use something that has a high DPS. Cast power within, equip artorias ring over the seance ring, then drop down to fight them. Usually does the trick. The other option is using red tearstone ring and fighting them at lower health. You just have to have good dodging skills. Good thing about that strategy is you can pop grass for stamina regeneration.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:50 am

Arrogant works.

Well, I hope I have a pyromancy flame. I do have power within though.

Spent all last night helping other people, never do get much time myself. Kind of ridiculous honestly. Oh well, I basically signed up for it.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:54 pm

Alright sorry I took so long, overly busy compared to what it thought I'd be.

I ended up putting on Havel's equips and the crest shield. 20 flasks even though I only used 9. Several of them chugged for safety.

I didn't end up using power within.

Being dressed to impress, I have to say it was quite easy. The only reason I had a problem with him before was that he instant killed me. He did grab my humanity twice though. Meanie!

I found out that I placed the lord vessel stone down with Frampt on accident, (no memory of doing so,) ruining my plans to be mean in the church.(Burg has far too low players, it isn't even mean there; just being a horrible person.)

So whatever, I'll just transfer over some cracked red eye orbs. (I don't want to transfer any actual items over but eh, what the hell, invasion orbs don't feel like cheating.)

Thanks for the advice, who should I kill next?

Four Kings was the first of the four I went for. So I still have the other three.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:20 pm

A friend of mine came over earlier and reminded me of the fact that I have yet to actually finish the no level run.

So I spent the past two hours

Hunting and putting down Seath. The massive instant kills in the Dukes archives were annoying but easy to get past.

I just beat the bed of Choas. Like how fast these areas were... Enjoyable.

What I didn't like however, and what I would like to comment here on is Lost Izalith in general.

First the Fire Sage.
    I'm sure all of you have put down the Stray demon like nothing, most of you probably on a no level run just like me.

The Fire sage however is what I would like to call, fake difficulty. His attacks trace you, and he can jump the entire aread for his downward slam faster than you can heal, so if you press the button and he decides to jump,dead. Breaks your guard too.

All around some fake difficulty, but not too bad. I just think they could have done a better job making this battle a bit more skill based, especially since the Stray demon is.

Centipede demon: You know, just bull. He jumps in the air constantly, doing 3 quarters of your life in an attack that you can't guard. He attacks faster than you heal, in chains. Chains that will kill you.

If you could predict where he was going to land and dodge accordingly? Wouldn't be a problem, but you can't, and it is constant.. The worse part? Even if you do somehow dodge it, it still hits you. Why? Because of Dark Souls clipping logic? Arrows?  Naaah, there's an invisible wall here.
    Ya he uses the same logic with his foot. 
    Worse off, his long range attacks track your dodge, and break through your guard. Dead!
    I basically had to just throw myself at him, over and over and over again with my lightning sword until he dropped dead. Same tactic, just over and over again.

Bed of Chaos: GAAAAAAAH!!!!!
    This had me raging, I don't get angry at games any more, but screw it. I openly expressed how pissed off I was, not at the game, not at myself; pissed at the creators of Dark souls.

His attacks instant kill you. If you happen to successfully dodge his sudden side swipe from the sky, another one is already coming from behind you. After you kill one half, the other half is just fake because you HAVE to cross that narrow land bridge to get to it while he swings his instant death hands at you, always hitting. So note, when you entire the chamber, kill the one on the right first......Took me like 12 tries.

No problems before I killed the first one though.

Then there is that instant kill fire of his, you know the move that you can't dodge because it spawns in a giant series right under you?

Last edited by sendicard on Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:22 pm

What I'm really wondering is, many people do this right?Sometimes over and over again, and on harder difficulties.

Is there some kind of series of hidden tactics I'm missing?
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:09 pm

I faced Neto. Sure I died, several times but.... It was actual difficulty. So, woot.

How any hints for him? Can't scratch him.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:30 pm

Get the occult club from Anor Londo and the Stone Armor. Delevel the occult club into a divine one. Use that to kill the skellies. Tank Nito. Bring lots of estus.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:50 pm

If you're very low level for Nito, bring Blossom moss, too. He can use toxins.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:01 pm

Low level? It's a no level run.....

Alright, club.

What do I do for armor? What does he use?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:21 pm

Also, you can kille the skellies, quit and reload. They won't be there when you reload (thank dsg for that tip).
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:45 pm

Won't they just die in general when I put them down through the wrath of my new club? I'll probably be getting to that later tonight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 29, 2024 3:37 am