Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+45
isthefridge
>Brave<
4LeafTayback
sinisterapathy
Marionx
Bioraptor
ICEFANG
RNsunbro
TheBigLebowski
Bamjam
Sintinerus
Bloodios
Phantasmio
SunlightCrusader
whitechikz11
DoughGuy
Darksomething56
dianaduh
Frostacar
ViralEnsign_
Onion Knight
Shindori
Buggy Virus
Rin
Ghadis_God
fearandwhiskey
sir nimley
zzombieboy
Gawain
WyrmHero
xenosphere
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
KomradDakka
Slarg232
sonofartorias
Dubscythe
befowler
Tolvo
RANT
Maneater_Mildred
Juutas
new deal
PaPaSmVrf
Forum Pirate
FruitPunchNinja
49 posters

Namco Bandai Petition \0/

FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Namco Bandai Petition  \0/ Empty Namco Bandai Petition /

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:07 pm

I know the fans, like myself, that don't have access to a powerful PC are pretty upset about Namco Bandais decision to keep the new content exclusive for such a long time. I've already spoiled so much, but even beyond that I'm worried that the community will suffer from this wait. A lot of AAA games will be coming out then, and i doubt non die hard fans will remain. I think even an Oct25th release is pretty bad, but thats much better then a Dec release. Should we send Namco Bandai a petition/letter of disapproval? I for one am really upset that they decided to do something this greedy. Despite being a big fan of the games they publish, i will not be supporting them. From now on, unless they listen to us, i will be buying the games they publish used. I feel this is necessary, i want to support the developers but they need to be aware of how the publishers are dealing with customers. I for one will not support publishers that do things like this, and i suggest you should not either. All we can do is show our disapproval, and maybe they will listen.

I know a lot of the people who already bought the PC edition are going to act like this is not a big deal, and whatever that's cool have your own opinion. I highly doubt any of you would feel the same if you had to wait 4 months to play the content. I know they aren't going to release DLC tomorrow or anything, so the damage is done. Still we need to let our voices be heard, cause i will not stand for this greediness.

Well, heres the start of the petition. PLEASE SIGN! http://www.change.org/petitions/namco-bandai-games-bring-dark-souls-dlc-to-consoles-oct-25th-or-earlier-2

Last edited by FruitPunchNinja on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Namco Bandai Petition  \0/ Empty Re: Namco Bandai Petition \0/

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:12 pm

I generally use that policy already. If I don't like how I'm being treated, they don't get my money, however good the game is.

I always buy bethesda games new, but if ea published it I downright refuse to give them any money. The only thing they care about is money, so showing them that treating me as I wish to be treated or they don't get my money is the only way to get through.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:14 pm

I have no problem waiting if the extra content the pc recieved was more of just beta, and they were using the pc players to find and fix the bugs, then relase the fully functional dlc to the consoles, but since the dlc is complete and done, and only pc gets it, it is alittle irritating, but then again, From needs $$$ to keep making awesome games. Not saying their broke, but I'm ok with waiting a month or two, I have always been a fan ever since Armored Core, so I dont mind the wait if I know the dlc will be worth it.

Still, I agree, kinda sucks that they pulled a fast one on the console gamers.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:17 pm

I also have used the same policy when it comes to purchases. It's just a shame that is namco bandai and dark souls, still i can't stand people acting like they are "listening to the fans" by doing this PC port. They are doing the exact opposite, they are screwing over the already formed fan base. I really am worried about the games community, im not a huge fan of them but theres 3 AAA games coming out right around when we are supposed to get DLC. I didnt major in business or anything, but in my opinion they WOULD make more money if they released the DLC yesterday with the PC edition.
    new deal
    new deal
    Casual
    Casual

Post by new deal Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:18 pm

oooooooo believe me, im ****off :evil: :evil: :evil:
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:19 pm

"From needs $$$ to keep making awesome games" I LOVE this game too, but that kind of thinking is what is ruining the game industry. Oh this title is popular, well we can do whatever we want and they will still buy it then.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:19 pm

Yeah, one month would be toleratable, but 4 moths is ridicilous and there is absolutely no other reason than money for it. I still have little amount of hope in me though....you have to praise the sun and hope for the best and fear for the worst.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:20 pm

I'd bet it was namco, not from. Sucks that from has to suffer my ire if its not their fualt, but it won't change how I handle it. (always a little sad to buy bioware games used)

To be fair, i'm not sure its really just blatant greed, so I'll buy the dlc when it comes out, but I'm always wary of publishers.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:22 pm

I don't expect this to do anything, but i just want them to know that we are not happy. At least then when they sit around at a meeting scratching their asses thinking about how to squeeze an extra dollar out of us they will think twice.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:24 pm

I agree 100% FPNinja. I may not even get the dlc if I'm enjoying boarderlands 2 as much as I think I will.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:25 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I'd bet it was namco, not from. Sucks that from has to suffer my ire if its not their fualt, but it won't change how I handle it. (always a little sad to buy bioware games used)

To be fair, i'm not sure its really just blatant greed, so I'll buy the dlc when it comes out, but I'm always wary of publishers.

i totally agree, but regardless fromsoft is partnered with namco bandai and is aware of what they are doing. In Japan the PC version and DLC is both being released on oct 25th. Which should have just been the world wide release date. Or within that week.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:26 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I'd bet it was namco, not from.

I completely agree with this, and this is what I ment fruitpunch, namco is the greedy one, and From was probibly talked into it.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:28 pm

Fromsoft publishes the game in Japan, not namco bandai. Thats why this petition/letter of disapproval would be sent to namco bandai. Although i would send it to fromsoft also, but making a point that it was aimed at Namco Bandais publishing practices.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:33 pm

its just like the exclusive dlc that xbox get before ps3, do companies really think that people wont care about that? the worse thing is they annouce it before the games even come out which is so stupid, and they wonder why their games dont sell as well on the ps3. btw this is just an example, not trying to start something.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:35 pm

I too won't be buying anything of theirs new either. One of the biggest draws of the DLC for me was to experience the start of new information pouring in to understand it and help in the archives with all the other Lorehunters. I missed out on the start so I wished for a second one and got completely denied it. I'm so blinded by anger about how they are handling this DLC it is really hard to even post this without just saying *** From Software, and *** Namco.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:38 pm

The industry simply needs to remember that we are not privilaged to play games, they're privilaged that we don't find other ways to amuse ourselfs. We can/I do refuse to give them money when they start pulling sense of entitlement or greed bs.

As for the 30 day ms exclusive thing, ms pays BOAT LOADS of money for that. Its really irritating.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:40 pm

Imagine if Sony paid to have the next Souls game be a PS3 exclusive, maybe the PC players would understand our problems. They should with the petition after all.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:41 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:I may not even get the dlc if I'm enjoying boarderlands 2 as much as I think I will.

This. I'll always love DkS for what it has already given me, but Borderlands 2 and others around that time (Xcom!) are going to demand a lot of attention. Plus my greatest fear is that everything about the DLC will be so spoiled and pulled apart by that point that I'll feel burned out on it even though I've never played it.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:42 pm

The most disturbing thing is that the new DLC was so made for the FANS of Dark Souls.
    When you see it you'll notice that Fromsoft is definitely not blind to the fans and there is so much stuff for the fans expecially.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:43 pm

I feel your pain tolvo. Well if anyone wants to help come up with the paragraph that will be paired with the petition, i would appreciate the help. I want it to be simple, even though i could write an essay on how much this pissed me off.

I thought about that skyrim DLC exclusive for 360, people ***** about that, and it was only a 1month exclusive. I'm thinking of including the statement "the majority of the people signing will not be purchasing new copys of your games, unless public relations is improved" Idk, im not really good at writing and i do want them to at least take this slightly seriously.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:43 pm

I already know, I've had enough of it spoiled to me by titles alone that I've figured out a lot of the lore to the DLC.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:45 pm

I just hope the pc gamers who join this community are not like those of WoW, LoL, and CoD...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:47 pm

When I calm down Fruit I will help.

It's also interesting how quickly the prejudice between player groups is being formed thanks to this huge divide.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:48 pm

Also, although this will be mainly focused on the DLC exclusive and the problem at hand. I want this to basically to be a message to namco bandai, that this wont fly with any game not just this. Thats why i want the paragraph included to be simple and to the point, but well informed. Don't want to just sound like whining, cause im not kidding this stuff makes me not want to have gaming as a hobby anymore.

example, that ni no kuni game. I'm glad they are bringing it to NA, but whats the wait? its been out for almost a year now.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:49 pm

holy crap i forgot about borderlands 2! damn i guess the dlc is gonna have to wait at least the same time they made me wait for it since borderlands has hundreds of replayability hours.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:23 am