Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Rin
bloodpixel
Anonymous Proxy
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
callipygias
SlakeMoth
Forum Pirate
Dubscythe
SunlightCrusader
dianaduh
The_Flail
X-government-agent
BIG TIME MASTER
17 posters

Crying about DLC

BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Crying about DLC Empty Crying about DLC

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:11 pm

Don't cry because life's not fair, adapt.

I don't want to chance spoiling the DLC and frankly I am a bit tired of DKS, so I got Dragons Dogma.

I won't write a full stinking review but if you like DKS you're gonna love this game. This game is gonna have me busy for awhile. I might not even get the DLC, well see.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Crying about DLC Empty Re: Crying about DLC

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:12 pm

Oh, and bye.

And thanks for help.
    X-government-agent
    X-government-agent
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by X-government-agent Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:16 pm

I found dragons dogma to be button bashing and that about it lol but I gave up in it after about 2 hours just because of boredom and hitting the same buttons constant
    The_Flail
    The_Flail
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by The_Flail Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:18 pm

X-government-agent wrote:I found dragons dogma to be button bashing and that about it lol but I gave up in it after about 2 hours just because of boredom and hitting the same buttons constant

Really? I loved it, still play it whenever im not in the mood for DKS.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:49 pm

i do cry about dlc cause it is frustating
    ok, i have to deal with it, but what they did wasn't necessary.
    if they care about their fans, so they should listen to us, those who got sad with this situation.

about dragon's dogma, i've played the demo, it seemed a good game, but also that kind of game i'd get bored sooner or later.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:53 pm

There is a difference between complaining and protesting. We started a petition for a reason. We simply are letting the fact that we are not okay with Namco Bandai's actions known. We are not simply complaining but rather expressing our opinions as an organized group in a mature fashion. There is nothing wrong with that. In fact I would call it a very good thing.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:54 pm

Sorry for being somewhat miffed that I have to wait to play amazing new content. Annoys me even more when every night I get to be in a Skype call listening to my two best friends enjoy it themselves when I can't.

I play and love Dark Souls much more than both of them but I'm the only one that doesn't have a good computer.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:16 pm

As sunlight said. Life isn't fair, but BANDI could have been. As such, we complain (I boycott) untill they listen.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:53 pm

I can wait. I'm playing the first Darksiders after I read some posts on Off Topic which said it was great. They were right, I'm loving every minute. As for Dragon's Dogma, I tried it but it didn't float my boat. Different strokes and all that.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:12 pm

^The first Darksiders is one of my favorites. I loved that game. I also really liked Dragon's Dogma, but my God does that game ever get easy. Once you hit level 20 or 30 it's insanely simple. Still, the 300 hours or so I played DragDog left me with some incredibly vivid imagery. I think the first time the sun set as I was fighting a Cyclops might be the strongest image in my mind from all of gaming(well, along with Alice landing on the card at the start of the cloud city thing).
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:27 pm

dads playing the second darksiders right now and really enjoying it, it has frozen a few times but betond that alls well!
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:05 am

Why People Don't like Dragon's Dogma

*No Fast Travel until NG+ (Or Griffin's Bane)
    *Button Mashing (L2NOTPLAYAWARRIOR)
    *Exploration is very real time and distancing
    *Bosses are not hard? (Liars)
    *Q_Q (Q_Q)

Okay. Now that may seem bias and offensive, it sort of is. I was like you guys. I didn't like the game even though I had been so excited about it. I couldn't figure out where anybody was, the wikis sucked. I never bought the walkthrough.

But around July, I got a bit bored of Dark Souls due to waiting for PtD. SO. I picked it back up and started getting into the quests. (Other than Capcom releasing the friggin DLC packs like every other day) You can have a lot of fun in this game. A LOT OF FUN.

I was playing an Assassin, one of the most versatile classes in the game, and a dragon was soaring down towards me. I released a mighty bend and it took a headshot and let out a mighty roar as it fell toward the planet with a thud. I hooked onto it and started bashing it's heart in.

This sold me... it was one of the most epic moments in the fight.

I can't really spoil anything... but it is a mega fun game if you get into it. =)
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:14 am

Anytime I stop playing DKS I play Soul Calibur but that game only makes me angrier because I use the worst character in the game.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:40 am

My main problem with Dragons Dogma was the pawns, who, apart from never shutting up and repeating the same darn thing over and over which drove me insane, (and yes I know there was some procedure for turning them off but why should I have to faff around doing that?) turned melee into a scrum. They just got in the way most of the time and there was always one or more busy dying and demanding healing. I think I spent as much time playing nurse as fighting enemies. I don't like being part of a crowd in a game either. I prefer to play alone.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:57 am

yeh dogma is easy i have no idea why they put easy mode on it but no hard mode :x

i hate petrification, the idea of it is ok but how it is now is stupid and every time im fighting that black Griffin or whatever it is i just get my pawns standing there not giving a **** that a bigass monster is about to vomit on them :|

i would highly recommend 2 worlds 2, the game is awesome despite the fact its a bit older
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:54 am

Anonymous Proxy wrote:Why People Don't like Dragon's Dogma

*No Fast Travel until NG+ (Or Griffin's Bane)
    *Button Mashing (L2NOTPLAYAWARRIOR)
    *Exploration is very real time and distancing
    *Bosses are not hard? (Liars)
    *Q_Q (Q_Q)

Okay. Now that may seem bias and offensive, it sort of is. I was like you guys. I didn't like the game even though I had been so excited about it. I couldn't figure out where anybody was, the wikis sucked. I never bought the walkthrough.

But around July, I got a bit bored of Dark Souls due to waiting for PtD. SO. I picked it back up and started getting into the quests. (Other than Capcom releasing the friggin DLC packs like every other day) You can have a lot of fun in this game. A LOT OF FUN.

I was playing an Assassin, one of the most versatile classes in the game, and a dragon was soaring down towards me. I released a mighty bend and it took a headshot and let out a mighty roar as it fell toward the planet with a thud. I hooked onto it and started bashing it's heart in.

This sold me... it was one of the most epic moments in the fight.

I can't really spoil anything... but it is a mega fun game if you get into it. =)

Indeed. The challenge of the game is in learning how to prepare for different quest. Much like DKS, you have to pay attention and learn the various enemies.
    As far as the challenge, it ain't DKS, but it can be pretty stiff, and the lack of fast travel and other easy access things gives some weight and tactical consideration to your decisions.
    What really makes it shine is the outstanding enemies and environments. It's simply a blast to explore.
    It's a good middle ground between DKS and "those other games". Provides enough challenge to keep you engaged but not so much to make the veins in my neck pop out

Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:13 am

For the Pawn thing:

Until you get the Augment for your "bonus" damage when alone, yeah, they can be annoying. I've killed the Ur Dragon solo. I can't stand listening to them. 5300 Strength when it's night time and they're gone. So fun.

It has challenges... Just not in "pre game".

It actually upset me a bit that:

Spoiler:
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:19 am

I really am not happy with what BANDI have done to the console users,although I know nothing is going to change over night so I am playing Darksiders II to pass on the time.
    I know one thing for sure,Darksiders II is going to take longer to max out then it did for me to max out Darksiders so it may just see me through 2 months or so sad

Bandi your markerting tatics suck !!!.
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jovias-86 Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:22 am

X-government-agent wrote:I found dragons dogma to be button bashing and that about it lol but I gave up in it after about 2 hours just because of boredom and hitting the same buttons constant

Yeah... same reason... Gave up after opening that BIG gate in the start :p
    DeCeleRator93
    DeCeleRator93
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DeCeleRator93 Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:44 pm

I understand what Bamco is doing from a business stand point by not releasing them simultaneously. I still dont think its right though they've left us console gamers, the orginal fans, out to dry by not announcing a release date and most likely pushing it back until who knows when. I wouldn't call it crying I would call it we want some sort of fairness since we, the console gamers, got the game to where it is by constantly supporting it, recommending it to people which boosts the sales, and playing it to this day. Which allowed their to be a PC version which im glad there is, more and more people are experiencing this great game. And i in no way blame From for the gap in the release dates its all Bamco wanting to squeeze us for every penny. So we're not crying we just want a little fairness...... and going off topic i played the second Darksiders and would highly recommend it to anyone.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:14 pm

i would highly recommend 2 worlds 2, the game is awesome despite the fact its a bit older[/quote]

Yes I enjoyed 2 worlds. I have no idea why it's dissed by so many people. Free ranging and you could create a character that looked half way decent for a change. I don't reccommend trying to sail a boat though. For some reason that sucked. The wind was always blowing in the wrong direction. Come to think of it, I never finished it. Must revisit it sometime.
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dragon Slayer Ornstein Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:25 pm

Dragon's Dogma is a pretty good game, but in my eyes it's got a lot of flaws too, the post-game was the best part of the thing, I willingly stayed at the end for hours just getting uber gear and fighting the bosses. Oh, and the first few hours of the game are atrocious...

Fun overall though, a good first outing, but nowhere NEAR as good as Dark Souls.

On the subject of the DLC, I personally have Dark Souls on the PS3 and have had it since launch, but I am guilty of buying the PC version myself after being adamant that I would just wait. I've been VERY excited to play this new content and now I've experienced it, beaten it and loved it.

It's a marketing tactic obviously, time and place matters in product distribution and they'll do whatever they can to make more cash, blame Bamco over this "strategy".

I'm looking at it this way for my own situation anyway, I have no qualms over buying the PC version (which I have) AND the DLC for consoles when it comes out if it means supporting my favourite modern video game company (From Software of course) so long as they don't push it in the future.

Also, the DLC is fantastic for those that haven't played it yet.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:00 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:i would highly recommend 2 worlds 2, the game is awesome despite the fact its a bit older

Yes I enjoyed 2 worlds. I have no idea why it's dissed by so many people. Free ranging and you could create a character that looked half way decent for a change. I don't reccommend trying to sail a boat though. For some reason that sucked. The wind was always blowing in the wrong direction. Come to think of it, I never finished it. Must revisit it sometime.

It is mainly because of the first two worlds and the fact it was impossible to play the game, i realy love the amount of improvement they made to it. But when two worlds 2 came out people pretty much couldn't hope too highly of it, the game is amazing, nuf said...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:46 am