Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Artorias
Azran
RANT
suleo
his1n-
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Tolvo
Rin
ViralEnsign_
bloodpixel
StevenD91
Revoltage
LordRevan
OrnsteinBro
dancash1808
Montante
zzombieboy
21 posters

Well that didn't take long (Hacker)...

bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Well that didn't take long (Hacker)... - Page 2 Empty Re: Well that didn't take long (Hacker)...

Post by bloodpixel Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:12 pm

We all knew this would happen lol. I didn't think there would be so many though.
    suleo

Well that didn't take long (Hacker)... - Page 2 Empty Re: Well that didn't take long (Hacker)...

Post by suleo Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Just checked book of the guilty. From the top 10:

* 3 have hacked stats (SL1 all 99 is the most glaring example, but there is an SL50 with all 50 or so)
    * 3 or 4 have the DLC equipment at very low SLs (1, 10 and 25 I believe)
    * 3-4 look legit

Fun stuff.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:39 am

Ok this is extremely disappointing to put it lightly. I really hope something will be done about this, it's just absurd.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:32 am

Yeah, that's pretty bad. We all knew it was going to happen, but I didn't think it would be quite on this scale. At least not yet!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:33 pm

i dont think anyone is surprised at this, pc duels are gonn abe hard to come by. does anyone know if you can still do that in the arena?
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:44 pm

zzombieboy wrote:Yeah, that's pretty bad. We all knew it was going to happen, but I didn't think it would be quite on this scale. At least not yet!

The way people have been making this sound, I expected it to be a whole lot worse and a whole lot earlier. I haven't even met a hacker yet, and it's a real shame! My +14 Uchi is gathering dust in my inventory.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:12 pm

From watching all the streams, people are even having a hard time just invading. Seems like everyone is already playing offline/hollowed to avoid the hackers, either that or there is some issues with multiplayer.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:20 pm

I guess PS3 will be the safest community once the glitches are patched, then? It's sad to see GFWL not taking any action against hackers.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:22 pm

Those who have played on console might just be staying hollow till they get their favourite gear though. That might be part of the reason.

Apparently it takes a little while for bans to be enforced on GFWL, but they will happen I'm sure.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:24 pm

Azran wrote:I guess PS3 will be the safest community once the glitches are patched, then? It's sad to see GFWL not taking any action against hackers.

Cause other systems do it better?
    Yeah PS3 probably will be safest. But in comparison to PC, Xbox is a paradise. Anyway it's pretty good, I hardly ever faced a modder.

But really PS3 and Xbox never take much action against hackers either. If they are too take action they wouldn't do it this early, they always wait a while first. They let hacks spread to most of the hackers then ban everyone doing it.
    Or at least that's how they've done it in some cases.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:30 pm

LordRevan wrote:
    Azran wrote:I guess PS3 will be the safest community once the glitches are patched, then? It's sad to see GFWL not taking any action against hackers.

But really PS3 and Xbox never take much action against hackers either. If they are too take action they wouldn't do it this early, they always wait a while first. They let hacks spread to most of the hackers then ban everyone doing it. Or at least that's how they've done it in some cases.

That makes sense happy Yeah, Xbox really isnt all that bad. Outside of the Forest and the Burg you rarely ever see a hacker. Once the glitches are patched, a lot of the griefers/DB addicts will probably just give up as well
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:51 pm

i think all of us knew this was gonna happen lol
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:27 am

Oh wow things get sadder every second.
    I play some sessions in the arena, and twice in a row an idiot appears who turned on inf hp after his first death. Then he got chain backstabbed 4 times.. until he pressed alt+f4.

Fun.
    Also, because GFWL, I lost connection while standing on a trapdoor... streak lost. Amazing.
    Due to what some people say, it seems you only lose your streak while actually waiting for an opponent and getting disconnected, not if you are disconnected (or quit) while fighting. Logic?
    dannyhugz
    dannyhugz
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dannyhugz Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:39 am

I was Gravelording in the burg last night and was getting some decent fights going, no one bowing/etc, and one host during an invasion that taunted and spammed estus/humanity(he still died after I whipped out the gravelord greatsword big grin). Nothing out of the norm really until during a second Gravelording session I got triple invaded all at once, and one of the blue phantoms backstabbed another blue phantom for, I kid you not, little over 64k. We all pissed ourselves I'm sure and ganged up on the guy. It was really odd cause his basic attacks done utter garbage, and when his HP would hit zero it would make the dieing SFX and I would get an EoD but he would get back up with no HP bar again lol. On the bright side it got me 5 EoD pretty quick big grin
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:48 am

dannyhugz wrote:I was Gravelording in the burg last night and was getting some decent fights going, no one bowing/etc, and one host during an invasion that taunted and spammed estus/humanity(he still died after I whipped out the gravelord greatsword big grin). Nothing out of the norm really until during a second Gravelording session I got triple invaded all at once, and one of the blue phantoms backstabbed another blue phantom for, I kid you not, little over 64k. We all pissed ourselves I'm sure and ganged up on the guy. It was really odd cause his basic attacks done utter garbage, and when his HP would hit zero it would make the dieing SFX and I would get an EoD but he would get back up with no HP bar again lol. On the bright side it got me 5 EoD pretty quick big grin

Yeah, they seem to be able to toggle hacks on and off. Take a look at this.

Spoiler:

One minute it's perfectly normal, the next 64000 odd HP is flashing up (the one in Havels with infinite stamina spamming Zwei). He even disconnets when he's about to get BS'd off the ledge. Look Skyward
    SnailsAndSlugs
    SnailsAndSlugs
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SnailsAndSlugs Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:00 pm

With tools like cheat engine, it's way easier to tweak stats in this game than the save file hacking on consoles. Hackers will be inevitable and plentiful. All you can do is report them so GFWL will hopefully ban them permanently.
    Vi3trice
    Vi3trice

Post by Vi3trice Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:25 pm

suleo wrote:Just checked book of the guilty. From the top 10:

* 3 have hacked stats (SL1 all 99 is the most glaring example, but there is an SL50 with all 50 or so)
    * 3 or 4 have the DLC equipment at very low SLs (1, 10 and 25 I believe)
    * 3-4 look legit

Fun stuff.

But I've actually killed Artorias at SL16 :/

his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:40 pm

And me at level 9 on my first playthrough.
    But still, we are all damned sure that a lot of the low-level-DLC'lers are actually cheaters, so he has his point.
    Also if one boss isn't made for a low level player it's Manus.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:39 pm

Just watched someone (attempt to) bleed out a hacker for the last 10 minutes. HP bar hasn't budged. Not even slightly. The only practical tactic against hackers (besides DCing) is now ruined lol. Yes pushing them off cliffs works, but I wouldn't consider that practical.

Last edited by zzombieboy on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Vi3trice
    Vi3trice

Post by Vi3trice Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Bleeding won't do anything when the HP is frozen to a value. It doesn't matter if it's halved for a millisecond when it will shift back to its original value. The only ways I've seen so far was either kicking them down a cliff, or outdamage the frozen value.

Low SL hackers tend to go down easily to DST+5 + Hornet. Unless they ramped up their HP, but it doesn't happen often.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:06 am

wwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

glad i'm not on PC
    dannyhugz
    dannyhugz
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dannyhugz Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:23 pm

JUST got invaded outside artorias' room, we both bowed, there was spell dodging as they spammed pursuers and then when they got close they done a basic attack with their knife while I was blocking with lifehunt scythe and it killed me one hit from full HP lol. Couldn't see the damage but pretty sure it was a fantastic number. Just sucks I was hoping to pvp some on the PC cause everytime I pvp on a console it's against a dishonorable prick or a hacker, and anytime I try on PC its always been a hacker lol. Hate to say it but at this rate I feel like Im about done with this game since I got plat and The Dark Soul. Unless they start doing something about the hackers at least it's just gonna stop being fun before to much longer =/
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:25 pm

In regards to hackers, the best idea is to look towards the next game rather than mend the current one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:17 pm