Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
TheWarriorBeard
WorkInProgressSi
ViralEnsign_
Revoltage
8 posters

No Item/Weapon Switching in PVP Arena?

Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

No Item/Weapon Switching in PVP Arena? Empty No Item/Weapon Switching in PVP Arena?

Post by Revoltage Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:14 am

I'm told that you are not able to switch weapons or items from the game menu while pvping in the arena. I hope this isn't true because my whole playstyle revolves around quick weapon switching!!! D:

Can someone confirm this?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

No Item/Weapon Switching in PVP Arena? Empty Re: No Item/Weapon Switching in PVP Arena?

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:32 am

I found weapon/ item switching a bother in PvP.... so I cant say im disappointed but Ill have a look about and see if its true....
    WorkInProgressSi

No Item/Weapon Switching in PVP Arena? Empty Re: No Item/Weapon Switching in PVP Arena?

Post by WorkInProgressSi Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:58 am

Yes you can switch weapons.
    TheWarriorBeard
    TheWarriorBeard

Post by TheWarriorBeard Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:12 am

I just tried it after seeing this thread. You can indeed swap weapons in the arena!
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:16 am

Thanks for clearing that up!
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:12 am

TheWarriorBeard wrote:I just tried it after seeing this thread. You can indeed swap weapons in the arena!

Praise the sun. Praise the Sun

The gods at Fromsoft still gaze upon me with favour.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:18 am

I hate adjusting...everyone should just try to manage with the weapon that they have, not switch it to out power opponents build/weapon.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:36 am

Juutas wrote:I hate adjusting...everyone should just try to manage with the weapon that they have, not switch it to out power opponents build/weapon.

Your preaching to the choir here! Why swap when you can just make your build so it only needs one or two weapons and no switching?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:47 am

Because weapons counter certain playstels. That way if I play a certain way and I'm against an enemy with a huge advantage, I switch to a weapon that changes that. It's just smart frankly. If I'm using a Great Axe and suddenly go up against a spear user, I'm switching to something faster.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:41 am

Most of the time I switch to keep my opponent on their toes, kind of like a surprise tactic in a way I guess. Also because of what Tolvo said, I'm going to switch to something better if I run into a playstyle that holds a huge advantage over me. Also using a bunch of different weapons is a lot of fun!

My build has stats split between str and dex so it gives me a bit of a disadvantage since I'll have less vit/end than a pure build. It keeps things fresh when my opponent doesn't know what to expect imo. But to each his own happy
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:45 am

Especially against casters, you set your stats up so you can use a variety of spells. I set mine up so I can use a variety of weapons, so why shouldn't I?
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:13 pm

Ah but you can't switch spells in the middle of the fight, you have to use what is equipped.

I dislike weapon switching, munching on grass, stuff like that, but only because I'm a minimalist, I have no problem if they do it, but I will attack you while you try to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:26 am