Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Tanklord
raecor14
Dutchy
Animaaal
User1
Dibsville
MosquitoPower
Seignar
WandererReece
Odinbear
Aevun
Zephryl
LunarFog
Nccbd
Tchuwib
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
tinypantha
Maneater_Mildred
Latitoast
ResIsBestStat
24 posters

Make your own Dark Souls NPC/ Weapon/ Item/ Boss!

ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Make your own Dark Souls NPC/ Weapon/ Item/ Boss! Empty Make your own Dark Souls NPC/ Weapon/ Item/ Boss!

Post by ResIsBestStat Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 pm

What the title says, you can add new locations, but only limited ones like secret basements or hidden walls in already existing areas of Dark Souls.

I'll start:

Pope set
    Found in Catacombs, after reaching the spot where the titanite Demon is, kill the demon and use a miracle near a red coffin, it will open.

Pope hat
    Pope robes
    Pope skirt
    High magic, poison, curse and bleed resistance, but bad physical resistance

"Armor of the popes of the Way of White. Popes are clerics who parted on pilgrimage to search for spiritual enlightment. Their robes look weak, but their prayers reinforced them with magic energy."
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Make your own Dark Souls NPC/ Weapon/ Item/ Boss! Empty Re: Make your own Dark Souls NPC/ Weapon/ Item/ Boss!

Post by Latitoast Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:16 pm

Wrath of the Abyss

The charge thing Artorias does, more damage and slightly more range than WoTG, but it has a very slow cast speed.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Make your own Dark Souls NPC/ Weapon/ Item/ Boss! Empty Re: Make your own Dark Souls NPC/ Weapon/ Item/ Boss!

Post by Animaaal Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:34 pm

The Ring of Antilag

Found as a drop in lower Blighttown after killing 10 mosquitos with 1 blow.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:58 pm

Gloves of friendship and peace.

Gloves that have a special R2 attack if you have no weapon equipped.

The R2 attack acts like the darkhand grab, but if you land the grab on an invading phantom it gives the target a hug and sends them back to their own world.

tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:24 pm

Decorative Robes:
    Found in Annor Londo painted hall behind a illusory wall at the base of the statue.
    Resembles Gwyneveres Outfit Minus *cough* the proportions
    Low resistance in everything
    Very Low Weight
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:57 pm

smoughs fork, a str scaling spear with shoveling motions for the r2.
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:07 am

I love Mildred idea on the hugs thing. It would be a great equivalent of the Banish miracle from DemonSoul.

A hidden zone I would add would probably be right at the start of game. If you would take the pendant as starting equipment and drop it in the cell. An elevator would lower you down to a hidden room with all the starting gear of the starting character.
    Nccbd
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Nccbd Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:31 am

Hand of Punishment
    Using as a miracle. Can only use when u have 2 or more enemies surround u. A big dark hand like the one when we enter the dlc. It will grab as much opponents as it can in range and smash them to the ground, taking 99% of their hp and can only use once like darkmoon blade. Hey gankers u will love to taste this. Found in the game ...somewhere happy
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:41 am

Ring of Phantom: Disguises the luminescence of being a phantom.(for example, red phantoms will appear similar to when you see other players near a bonfire, making it much easier to blend in to the environment like you were a host) Found by walking on an invisible path in the white area before the Kiln of the first Flame

Dagger of spite: Stats comparable to bandit knife and silver tracer. Having it equipped lowers your defense by 50% but raises your attack by 50%. Found by breaking a tree in Darkroot forest

Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:41 am

Firekeeper's Tongue: Once you've fully kindled the Firelink Shrine Bonfire, you can remove the sword from it to get Firekeeper's Tongue +0 (This disables the Firelink Shrine bonfire for that character on all playthroughs)

You upgrade the sword at fully kindled Bonfires (Blacksmiths are unable to upgrade it).

+0-1 requires a Soul of a Lost Undead
    +1-2 requires a Large Soul of a Lost Undead
    +2-3 requires a Soul of a Nameless Soldier
    etc etc
    +9-10 requires a Soul of a Great Hero
    +10 - Ascended requires a Guardian Soul

Each upgrade destroys the Bonfire you kindled at (Killing the Firekeeper if there is one)

Haven't decided what it'll do yet, but it'll have a moveset like Velka's, or the Broadsword, something similar to those.

I'm thinking it scales with how much Estus you have, or maybe Firekeeper Souls, or even does more damage based on how much Estus -they- have.

The Two Handed R2 would reduce the effectiveness of everyones healing (Including your own)
    Aevun
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Aevun Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:57 am

Zephryl wrote:Firekeeper's Tongue: Once you've fully kindled the Firelink Shrine Bonfire, you can remove the sword from it to get Firekeeper's Tongue +0 (This disables the Firelink Shrine bonfire for that character on all playthroughs)

You upgrade the sword at fully kindled Bonfires (Blacksmiths are unable to upgrade it).

etc etc

Each upgrade destroys the Bonfire you kindled at (Killing the Firekeeper if there is one)

Haven't decided what it'll do yet, but it'll have a moveset like Velka's, or the Broadsword, something similar to those.

I'm thinking it scales with how much Estus you have, or maybe Firekeeper Souls, or even does more damage based on how much Estus -they- have.

The Two Handed R2 would reduce the effectiveness of everyones healing (Including your own)

Interesting idea. To compensate for the destroyed bonfires I think it should be pretty powerful when you have a lot of estus, and it should have a really cool and fancy moveset.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:10 am

Rusty sword
    Found in New Londo Ruins, after you open the floodgates, return to the area where the Firekeeper Soul was, instead of a narrow bridge there will now be a small ledge in the distance, go down there and you will find a Soul of a Hero, there is a hidden wall near that ledge opposite to the corpse and the you will find Red rust and a ladder to bring you back up.

Has worse physical damage than the broadsword, but deals curse damage. (10 per strike, BUT MUST DEAL DAMAGE FOR BUILDUP)

"Short rusty sword. This sword is old and its metal frail, but it is still strong, since it emits strange fog that sucks out life."

2H strong attack creates a giant fog of curse at cost 100 durability. (Weapon durability is 400)

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:43 am

Maneater_Mildred wrote:Gloves of friendship and peace.

Gloves that have a special R2 attack if you have no weapon equipped.

The R2 attack acts like the darkhand grab, but if you land the grab on an invading phantom it gives the target a hug and sends them back to their own world.

My hippie side love you.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:45 am

Aevun wrote:
    Zephryl wrote:Firekeeper's Tongue: Once you've fully kindled the Firelink Shrine Bonfire, you can remove the sword from it to get Firekeeper's Tongue +0 (This disables the Firelink Shrine bonfire for that character on all playthroughs)

etc etc

Interesting idea. To compensate for the destroyed bonfires I think it should be pretty powerful when you have a lot of estus, and it should have a really cool and fancy moveset.

Pretty neat idea. For those who want to make the game harder get rid of those pesky bonfires. We no need no stinking' bonfires!
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:10 pm

Ok, time for some NPC's!

Pope Blaise
    Found in Sen's Fortress resting near the place where Tarkus placed his summon sign

When interacted for the first time:
    "Hmmm, uh? Another warrior passing through Sen's trials? I'm not surprised, after all Sen's fortress has seen its share of deaths. Knight King Rendal, Big Hat Logan and that mysterious sorcerer that makes no sound...Oho! Where are my manners? I'm Pope Blaise of the Way of the White, or I was part of the Way of the White, before I parted for pilgrimage. As you can see I'm resting, can we talk later?"

When interacted for the second time:
    "Up for talking? Well ok then, I am fully rested, we can talk as much as you want."

Talk option x1
    "Believe it or not, only one person managed to get through Sen's fortress, that person was Black Iron Tarkus. Lucky fellow, I guess now he's tasting the exquisite liquor of Anor Londo and eating the finest and most succulent meat. A lucky man indeed."

Talk option x2
    "Hmmm... You know, I was thinking....If you wanted to learn miracles with me? I might be on pilgrimage, but during my travels I discovered prayers unknown to great saints. Let me share my secrets."

Blaise in Sen's Fortress teaches Petrus type miracles at a lower cost, he also sells a talisman that has S faith scaling at a very high price, but reduces casts.

After defeating Iron Golem
    "I can't believe it, you managed to beat the Iron Golem! Well done, you should feel proud of yourself, go on without me, I'll manage, make sure to taste Anor Londo's liquors! Hahahaha!"

Blaise later moves to Anor Londo after you've killed Smough and Ornstein, there he sells you foreign miracles Emit Force and Purge, purge sends all black phantoms back to their world, but has only one cast and can be dodged like Wrath of Gods. He is found in the room with Solaire.

When interacted with
    "Huh? Ah, It's you again, never thought I would see you again! After all the Anor Londo of before is now gone, instead we have death, death and more death. When will it ever end..."

Talk option x1
    "As you can see, the gods have abandoned us...Many still believe that Gwynevere, daughter of Lord Gwyn, resides here, but I could see through that gentle face....that my friend is simply an illusion."

Talk option x2
    "Did you meet the Firekeeper up above? She simply stays there and keeps the bonfire lit. She also speaks about a revelation, could she just be another plan in this facade?"

Talk option x3
    "Did you see the people who reached this hall? I know only a few, a jolly fellow with a sun embedded on his chest, he goes by the name Solaire, also I saw a man with strange armor, It looked like an onion, the strangest thing though, is that he was asleep! Who could sleep in places like this?"

Talk option x4
    "I know little of Anor Londo's secrets, but if you happen to encounter a human figure in white robes with blades in each hand, let them be. Do not pursue secrets that are otherwise fatal."

After you place the Lordvessel, Blaise will move to the Tomb of Giants.

When interacted with
    "Oh, it's you again. I'm not surprised, I knew I would meet you again, after all I am looking at the famous warrior who killed legendary Knight Ornstein! That was a mighty description of skill right there!"

Talk option x1
    "This is where all the undead clerics go. They are sent on pilgrimage by the Way of the White to retrieve the Rite of Kindling. Little do they know is that the church plans to get rid of them, they follow like lambs, only to be slaughtered."

Talk option x2
    "Have you met a certain man by the name Trusty Patches? Don't believe that fox, he uses other for his own gain, last time I saw him throw a maiden in a dark pit and kill her companions."

Talk option (After killing Nito)
    "Well I'd be damned! You have killed Nito! An achievement like this is surprising, perhaps you really are the Chosen Undead! Hahahaha!"

After buying Blaise's stuff, you'll find him in Anor Londo, close to the Darkmoon Tomb.

When interacted with
    "......I was expecting you. What I found out is slightly disturbing to me, but I'm sure it will have worse effect on you....Are you ready for the revelation?"

Answer No
    "Hmph! I thought you would be better than this! Fool, the truth might hurt, but it shows you the path!"

Answer Yes
    "Very well, the truth I shall say. The gods are all gone, only one remains, that god is Dark Sun Gwyndolin, kept secret by Lord Gwyn himself. But all of this is trivial, what you should know instead is that Gwyndolin created the illusion of Anor Londo, even the Gwynevere you saw is an illusion created by him, he plans on using you to keep the Age of Fire going, against nature's wishes. This is the truth."

After that, Blaise will be found hollow in the Painted World near the Dark Ember.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:11 pm

TL;DR
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:18 pm

Lmao.

Well played sir. Proper Bow +1
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:19 pm

I would add an area that's hidden behind an illusionary wall, but the wall can't be removed without the Pendent (the item, not the member). If the pendent's in your inventory, then it will vibrate when you get close to the wall. This is when you can remove it by hitting it.

Removing the wall reveal will a room with a person. If talk to him he will say, "Who are you, and how did you find me? Of course, they sent you here to kill me, right?" Answering yes will make him say, "No you weren't. They aren't dumb enought to say that, but they might know I would think that and say yes. No, you seem ... different." Answering no will make him say, "That's what they all say, but you seem ... diffrent." Both dialogs end with, "Can I offer you anything? I got some stuff I don't need anymore. I also got some tricks up my sleave."

Then he will become a merchant. He sells Alloring Skulls, Ring of Fog, Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring, Aural Decoy, Hidden Body, and Hush.

If you interact with him he will say, "Were you followed? That was a dumb question. Of course you wouldn't know. They're too cleaver."

Selecting the talk option with the pendent will make him say, "What is that thing you're carrying? That's the pendent from an old friend of mine. Can I have it?" Answering no will let you keep it and make him say, "I probably shouldn't have it anyway. The memories of him will just make me more depressed and mad. I think I'm getting another headache." Answering yes will remove the pendent and make him say, "Thank you. They say he died because the pressure got to him. I still can't belive they couldn't see what ... I think I'm getting another headache."

Selecting the talk option a 2nd time, 1st time if you don't have the pendent, will make him say, "Where am I from? Trust me. You don't want to know."

Selecting the talk option a 3rd time, 2nd time if you don't have the pendent, will make him say. "They didn't belive us. We warned them, but they didn't belive us. Why would they? I bet they belive us now, but of course it doesn't matter now, hahaha."

Attacking him will make him say, "You Demon! You dare betray your own kind!" During combat he will say, "You're cleaver. I didn't know what you were until now." If he wins he willl say, "You're pathetic! Many of them could do better!" If he dies he will say, "We have failed..."

Paying Oswald to absolve sins won't work on him. He will remain hostile.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:19 pm

Cross-Art Sword

"A uniquely made Straight Sword by Eidas. The cold-steel of the blade has a narrow crevice from where to launch crossbolts. However, in order to accommodate this design, the blade has lost cutting power, although its thrusting strength seems unhindered.

Craftsman Eidas was well known for his unique weapon designs, almost revered as art. This particular weapon was considered one of his greatest masterpieces."

The Cross-Art Sword scales at C/C/-/- and has a 15% penalty bonus to all its slashing attacks. It also has the ability to switch from a Straight Sword-type weapon to a Crossbow.

Moveset (Straight Sword):

1H R1: Straight Sword standard moveset and follow-ups
    1H R2: Thrusting attack. [Follow-up] Shoots a Crossbolt and enters Crossbow-mode.

2H R1: Straight Sword standard moveset and follow-ups.
    2H R2: Thrusting attack. [Follow-up] Shoots a Crossbolt and enters Crossbow-mode.

Moveset (Crossbow)

1H R1: Fire. [Follow-up] Swing the Crossbow like a sword and enter Sword-mode.
    1H R2: Change bolts. [If this is a follow-up for when you changed into Crossbow-mode] Shoots again, up to a maximum of 1 time(s).

2H R1: Fire. [Follow-up] Swing the Crossbow like a sword and enter Sword-mode.
    2H R2: Change bolts. [If this is a follow-up for when you changed into Crossbow-mode] Shoots again, up to a maximum of 2 time(s).
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:39 pm

Headgear:
    Gwyn's crown....with beard!
    Effect = Makes main weapon look like its on fire.
    (May cause character to randomly sneeze)

Full Set:
    Toxic Avenger
    Look like those guys that throw the rocks in blighttown.
    Effect, x3 slowdown of getting poisoned in toxic water.

Foot Gear:
    Sprint boots (with the little wings)
    After 5 steps when running go twice as fast... drains health (the boots are running you after all) takes 5 steps to stop once running.

Item:
    Mosquito Egg
    Use it to invade a player in any zone as a re-spawning Mosquito enemy.
    If player is killed they re-spawn in middle of blighttown swamp.... muahahahaha
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:35 am

Mosquitos are evil.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:03 pm

Spear of Divinity.

This weapon was found in a divine passage inside a holy church, being guarded and used by the Divine Protector, Undead Oscar. It gives off a strange aura, which appears to glow lightly blue. A quiet humming noise emits from it's magically infused tip. The weapon was designed to suit someone of true holy faith, and only the truly divine could wield such a weapon, and it grows stronger with increased faith. The spear punishes it's user if it is being used excessively against people of non-evil standing, and results in a degrading of physical strength, and moral degradation in it's user.

The spear is found in a hidden passage inside a chapel dedicated to Gwyn. You must have at least 35 faith to be admitted entry, and undergo trials and be able to persuade the leader of the chapel that you are worthy of going down to the tomb of the Divine Protector. To start this series of trials, you must talk to the leader of the chapel, which is found far away from civilisation. When speaking with him, he asks you this; "I see another faithful traveller has found us. Welcome into our chapel, friend. My name is Father Peter, and I feel you could become one of us, in a special way. Only, you must prove your faith to us first. What say you?"

If you respond "YES" he will say "Good to hear, friend. First, you must mete out punishment to the unholy gods. Find and seek out Balthezar in Nzarchaft, and we can talk further on the matter. Only, be wary, you will need immense physical and personal strength to persevere to the end of this task." If you say "NO" he will say "Well, that is a saddening thing to hear. It appears we shall have to look for another traveller to become our new Diving Protector.."

The task itself is extremely punishing, long and difficult, as well as demoralizing at times. The dungeon itself is a maze as soon as you walk in, full of identical looking, long, narrow passages, with no idea what could be around the corner of any of these passageways. Some of them have notably good loot, such as a Greatshield of Strength, which increases strength by 2 points as long as you wield it, and a Hood of Stealth, which allows for better backstab damage on enemies unaware of your presence. There are several traps, including fire from walls, spike pits below fragile flooring, and the only way to get to Balthazar is to go through the entire maze, until you find a key to a door, which is hidden behind an illusory wall, which is opened via baiting a bolt trap into hitting the illusory wall.

When you reach Balthazar himself, you are given different choices. When you talk with him, he shall say "I see those idiotic priests have sent another self-righteous traveller to try and be rid of me. Do you really think they are in the right here? I can offer much more power and wealth than they ever could! Just come over here, and look into the sphere over there, and see your future as my right hand man."
    If you choose "YES" to this, he shall say "Great, just great! Now, walk with me, we have a few things to discuss.." If you choose "NO" he shall say "Fine let them indoctrinate you with their beliefs. If you survive this encounter, you foolish soul!" He then proceeds to fight you, and a hell of a tough fight it is. You have to break his guard by the mean of parrying and doing a riposte on a jumping attack he does, which may take a bit of time to learn the parry timing to, and even then, you must still bait him into attacks so you can punish them, he can not be beaten conventionally. When the battle is over, you can either Homeward Bone to the bonfire which is near the chapel, or walk out the long way, looking for more loot along the way.

Upon talking with the leader of the chapel once again, he says to you "Welcome back brother. So, how did the ordeal go? Is Balthezar dead?" If you respond "YES" to this, he shall say "Very well done! You have proven yourself to be strong so far, but dare you attempt the second trial of faith?" (FYI: If you chose to side with Balthezar, he would have told you to say he was dead, but when chosen, the priest is suspicious of your intents, and says you have a "Strange aura" around you, and refuses to speak with you further.) If you say "YES" to doing the next trial the priest says "Great to hear, brother. Your next trial is to go to Nivenir, and find the initiate priest, Brother Marcus. He can instruct you further on what you need to do when you meet him. He should be at the entrance to the ruins." If you say "NO" he will say "I'm not sure why you went through with the first trial, only to stop here. But, you are a welcome member of our chapel from now."

Once you arrive at the entrace to Nivenir, which is near the chapel, but further south, you will find Brother Marcus there. He will approach you, with a big ewer in his hands, and say "I had received word you would arrive. Your objective is to take this ewer with you, and go to 3 points around the ruins. Inside the ruins, I think there are hints as to where they may be, but I assure you that they are not safe to reach."

Once inside, you find it is pitch black, with no light form to show the way. You must find an inscription on a wall, and run your hands over it to find the words they make, which is "Thou shalt not pass, devil of the dark." You will need this knowledge later. You find a light source a few minutes ahead, surrounded by glowing eyes, and grunting noises seem to be being made nearby. You have to run right through them, without stopping, take the Lantern, and equip it once you are out. Dying will make you drop the light source at the place where you died.

Once the light source is on, you see the ruins are collapsing, to an extent. The walls and floor are degrading, falling apart, so every step you make could be an environmental hazard. Wearing lighter armour makes it less likely that something will fall on you. At the end of the area you are in, there is a little area, with light shining down on it, and a well of holy water. This is the first point you need to go to fill up the ewer. When you fill up part of the ewer with the water, there is an inscription on the bottom of the well, which says "Thou of holy light, pass through the halls ahead."

Here is where you needed the inscription on the wall to come in. You must carve it into the door with any object you have on you. If you did it right, the wall shall open up, and reveal a long, icy corridor. The flooring is uneven here, and it is too cold to be conscious of your hands, as they are numb. You need to watch your step, and walk slowly to prevent falling through the floor to death by freezing. For the next hint as to where you need to go, you need a light source to melt off some of the ice upon the walls. When you finally burn the correct place, near the end of the corridor, there will be an inscription, saying "Thou of the evil being shall never find salvation."

Enemies are much more numerous outside of this corridor, where shadow manifestations are trying to kill you with blades of darkness, jutting out of the walls. At the end of this part, there will be a huge pit, and inside the pit, roaring fires. A voice talks to you in this room, saying "You must jump in. Jump to become one with God! JUMP! JUMP! JUMP!!!!" If you choose "NO" the voice says "I suppose you were never the one for this. Turn back, before I make you die a slow and agonizing death."
    Choosing "YES" to this makes the voice say "Good. You shall find true peace in doing this. Now, JUMP!

Jumping in was the solution to the area, since it was bringing you salvation, in the form of "death". You find yourself walking on clouds, far above the ground, and there is the second well at the far corner of the cloud walkways. Draining the water into the ewer reveals another clue at the bottom, this time saying "If thou must succeed in thou quest, you must make a sacrifice to something very dear."

You must now choose a pathway; There is a sign next to the well, saying "Leap from the sky to the ground, or down the well into the caverns?" There is no "bottom" in the well, but the bottom is illusory. Jumping in makes you fall into some caverns, where you end up paralysed, and must endure a long period of excessive pain from falling rocks. The sacrifice to someone dear here is to yourself, but your endurance, vitality, and faith go down by 10 by doing this. But, the ewer is somehow full.

Jumping from the sky lets you fall onto the ground.. Straight onto Brother Marcus' head. You lose 15 faith by doing this choice, and the dear people are Marcus and yourself. You must go back to the chapel now, to tell the priests of your trial. The leader approaches you, and says "There is something.. Much more different to you. What happened? Did we lose Marcus?" If you reply "YES", Peter says "'Tis a shame. But, what needed to be done had to be done." Congratulations!" If you reply "NO", Peter will say "Then I do not see what is so wrong with you. Regardless, well done on your trial! Are you ready for the next trial?"

Replying "YES" makes Peter say "Your trial is far simpler this time. Defeat our former champion, Undead Oscar, who is in the Tomb. Only, how can I trust you? A donation always helps..." Donating 2000 souls to Peter makes him say "Thank you brother. Just hit the wall to the right of the donation pool, and you will find the passageway to Oscar. May Gywn be with you."

Replying "NO" makes him say "You came so far.. Still, you are a loyal member of this chapel, and you shall have our respect as long as you are here."

The fight with Oscar is similar to the fight with Balthezar, only, you must protect yourself against his usage of the Spear of Divinity, by retreating to the corner of the Tomb, backstabbing him, and then continue fighting. This may happen multiple times, dependant on how fast you can kill him. When Oscar dies, you can take the spear, and upon talking with Peter again, he says "My goodness! You defeated Oscar! You truly are our Divine Protector! Here, let me enchant the spear with out blessings. You have our eternal respect, holy one!"

FAR TOO LONG! TL;DR!

Just look at the top bit. I got far too in-depth with the way of obtaining it.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:06 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Spear of Divinity.

This weapon was found in a divine passage inside a holy church, being guarded and used by the Divine Protector, Undead Oscar. It gives off a strange aura, which appears to glow lightly blue. A quiet humming noise emits from it's magically infused tip. The weapon was designed to suit someone of true holy faith, and only the truly divine could wield such a weapon, and it grows stronger with increased faith. The spear punishes it's user if it is being used excessively against people of non-evil standing, and results in a degrading of physical strength, and moral degradation in it's user.

The spear is found in a hidden passage inside a chapel dedicated to Gwyn. You must have at least 35 faith to be admitted entry, and undergo trials and be able to persuade the leader of the chapel that you are worthy of going down to the tomb of the Divine Protector. To start this series of trials, you must talk to the leader of the chapel, which is found far away from civilisation. When speaking with him, he asks you this; "I see another faithful traveller has found us. Welcome into our chapel, friend. My name is Father Peter, and I feel you could become one of us, in a special way. Only, you must prove your faith to us first. What say you?"

If you respond "YES" he will say "Good to hear, friend. First, you must mete out punishment to the unholy gods. Find and seek out Balthezar in Nzarchaft, and we can talk further on the matter. Only, be wary, you will need immense physical and personal strength to persevere to the end of this task." If you say "NO" he will say "Well, that is a saddening thing to hear. It appears we shall have to look for another traveller to become our new Diving Protector.."

The task itself is extremely punishing, long and difficult, as well as demoralizing at times. The dungeon itself is a maze as soon as you walk in, full of identical looking, long, narrow passages, with no idea what could be around the corner of any of these passageways. Some of them have notably good loot, such as a Greatshield of Strength, which increases strength by 2 points as long as you wield it, and a Hood of Stealth, which allows for better backstab damage on enemies unaware of your presence. There are several traps, including fire from walls, spike pits below fragile flooring, and the only way to get to Balthazar is to go through the entire maze, until you find a key to a door, which is hidden behind an illusory wall, which is opened via baiting a bolt trap into hitting the illusory wall.

When you reach Balthazar himself, you are given different choices. When you talk with him, he shall say "I see those idiotic priests have sent another self-righteous traveller to try and be rid of me. Do you really think they are in the right here? I can offer much more power and wealth than they ever could! Just come over here, and look into the sphere over there, and see your future as my right hand man."
    If you choose "YES" to this, he shall say "Great, just great! Now, walk with me, we have a few things to discuss.." If you choose "NO" he shall say "Fine let them indoctrinate you with their beliefs. If you survive this encounter, you foolish soul!" He then proceeds to fight you, and a hell of a tough fight it is. You have to break his guard by the mean of parrying and doing a riposte on a jumping attack he does, which may take a bit of time to learn the parry timing to, and even then, you must still bait him into attacks so you can punish them, he can not be beaten conventionally. When the battle is over, you can either Homeward Bone to the bonfire which is near the chapel, or walk out the long way, looking for more loot along the way.

Upon talking with the leader of the chapel once again, he says to you "Welcome back brother. So, how did the ordeal go? Is Balthezar dead?" If you respond "YES" to this, he shall say "Very well done! You have proven yourself to be strong so far, but dare you attempt the second trial of faith?" (FYI: If you chose to side with Balthezar, he would have told you to say he was dead, but when chosen, the priest is suspicious of your intents, and says you have a "Strange aura" around you, and refuses to speak with you further.) If you say "YES" to doing the next trial the priest says "Great to hear, brother. Your next trial is to go to Nivenir, and find the initiate priest, Brother Marcus. He can instruct you further on what you need to do when you meet him. He should be at the entrance to the ruins." If you say "NO" he will say "I'm not sure why you went through with the first trial, only to stop here. But, you are a welcome member of our chapel from now."

Once you arrive at the entrace to Nivenir, which is near the chapel, but further south, you will find Brother Marcus there. He will approach you, with a big ewer in his hands, and say "I had received word you would arrive. Your objective is to take this ewer with you, and go to 3 points around the ruins. Inside the ruins, I think there are hints as to where they may be, but I assure you that they are not safe to reach."

Once inside, you find it is pitch black, with no light form to show the way. You must find an inscription on a wall, and run your hands over it to find the words they make, which is "Thou shalt not pass, devil of the dark." You will need this knowledge later. You find a light source a few minutes ahead, surrounded by glowing eyes, and grunting noises seem to be being made nearby. You have to run right through them, without stopping, take the Lantern, and equip it once you are out. Dying will make you drop the light source at the place where you died.

Once the light source is on, you see the ruins are collapsing, to an extent. The walls and floor are degrading, falling apart, so every step you make could be an environmental hazard. Wearing lighter armour makes it less likely that something will fall on you. At the end of the area you are in, there is a little area, with light shining down on it, and a well of holy water. This is the first point you need to go to fill up the ewer. When you fill up part of the ewer with the water, there is an inscription on the bottom of the well, which says "Thou of holy light, pass through the halls ahead."

Here is where you needed the inscription on the wall to come in. You must carve it into the door with any object you have on you. If you did it right, the wall shall open up, and reveal a long, icy corridor. The flooring is uneven here, and it is too cold to be conscious of your hands, as they are numb. You need to watch your step, and walk slowly to prevent falling through the floor to death by freezing. For the next hint as to where you need to go, you need a light source to melt off some of the ice upon the walls. When you finally burn the correct place, near the end of the corridor, there will be an inscription, saying "Thou of the evil being shall never find salvation."

Enemies are much more numerous outside of this corridor, where shadow manifestations are trying to kill you with blades of darkness, jutting out of the walls. At the end of this part, there will be a huge pit, and inside the pit, roaring fires. A voice talks to you in this room, saying "You must jump in. Jump to become one with God! JUMP! JUMP! JUMP!!!!" If you choose "NO" the voice says "I suppose you were never the one for this. Turn back, before I make you die a slow and agonizing death."
    Choosing "YES" to this makes the voice say "Good. You shall find true peace in doing this. Now, JUMP!

Jumping in was the solution to the area, since it was bringing you salvation, in the form of "death". You find yourself walking on clouds, far above the ground, and there is the second well at the far corner of the cloud walkways. Draining the water into the ewer reveals another clue at the bottom, this time saying "If thou must succeed in thou quest, you must make a sacrifice to something very dear."

You must now choose a pathway; There is a sign next to the well, saying "Leap from the sky to the ground, or down the well into the caverns?" There is no "bottom" in the well, but the bottom is illusory. Jumping in makes you fall into some caverns, where you end up paralysed, and must endure a long period of excessive pain from falling rocks. The sacrifice to someone dear here is to yourself, but your endurance, vitality, and faith go down by 10 by doing this. But, the ewer is somehow full.

Jumping from the sky lets you fall onto the ground.. Straight onto Brother Marcus' head. You lose 15 faith by doing this choice, and the dear people are Marcus and yourself. You must go back to the chapel now, to tell the priests of your trial. The leader approaches you, and says "There is something.. Much more different to you. What happened? Did we lose Marcus?" If you reply "YES", Peter says "'Tis a shame. But, what needed to be done had to be done." Congratulations!" If you reply "NO", Peter will say "Then I do not see what is so wrong with you. Regardless, well done on your trial! Are you ready for the next trial?"

Replying "YES" makes Peter say "Your trial is far simpler this time. Defeat our former champion, Undead Oscar, who is in the Tomb. Only, how can I trust you? A donation always helps..." Donating 2000 souls to Peter makes him say "Thank you brother. Just hit the wall to the right of the donation pool, and you will find the passageway to Oscar. May Gywn be with you."

Replying "NO" makes him say "You came so far.. Still, you are a loyal member of this chapel, and you shall have our respect as long as you are here."

The fight with Oscar is similar to the fight with Balthezar, only, you must protect yourself against his usage of the Spear of Divinity, by retreating to the corner of the Tomb, backstabbing him, and then continue fighting. This may happen multiple times, dependant on how fast you can kill him. When Oscar dies, you can take the spear, and upon talking with Peter again, he says "My goodness! You defeated Oscar! You truly are our Divine Protector! Here, let me enchant the spear with out blessings. You have our eternal respect, holy one!"

FAR TOO LONG! TL;DR!

Just look at the top bit. I got far too in-depth with the way of obtaining it.

That sounds more Skyrim than Dark Souls.
    The areas are great and all, but you should add less NPC's in one area, too many useless NPC's here
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:16 pm

^lol. I thought it was fine considering its make believe.

I love it Renegade. Very well thought out...what else does the SoD do?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:16 pm

Goliath Spear
    Spear Type
    Regular/Thrusting
    A/D/-/D
    "This spear, once used by a great hero, is carved out of pure dragon bone. The hilt is covered in the blood of people who have tried to exploit its power for evil."
    Requires:
    28 Strength
    20 Dexterity
    - Intelligence
    18 Faith

It could look like a stained grey spear made of bone. The tip could maybe have a dragons maw on it. The one handed strong attacks could be an overhead smash. The two handed strong attack could a quick combo, kind of like Ricard's Rapier but without the pause.
    Should need a special upgrade stone (much like Dragon Scales or Twinkling titanite). You could get it by pulling it out of stone guarded by a dead *looking* dragon, who comes alive when you take it out. Should you die to the dragon, you should drop the spear and have to go back and retrieve it. This means you have to kill the dragon in order to get the spear.

Should weigh a pretty large amount of units. High base damage with good scaling and split between Physical and Magic, mostly physical.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:40 am