Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Tanklord
raecor14
Dutchy
Animaaal
User1
Dibsville
MosquitoPower
Seignar
WandererReece
Odinbear
Aevun
Zephryl
LunarFog
Nccbd
Tchuwib
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
tinypantha
Maneater_Mildred
Latitoast
ResIsBestStat
24 posters

Make your own Dark Souls NPC/ Weapon/ Item/ Boss!

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Make your own Dark Souls NPC/ Weapon/ Item/ Boss! - Page 2 Empty Re: Make your own Dark Souls NPC/ Weapon/ Item/ Boss!

Post by User1 Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:13 pm

Animaaal wrote:^lol. I thought it was fine considering its make believe.

I love it Renegade. Very well thought out...what else does the SoD do?

You have no idea how long I spent on the "small details". big grin
    Res, I know it isn't really Dark Souls, it was just an idea, it doesn't matter much.

The SoD works in the case that, down to it's core, if you continue to use it on things that may be classified as "non-evil", such as friendly NPC's, your strength will go down bit by bit, and your faith decreases. By moral degradation, I meant it in the way your character could lose their "faith" in things (see where I'm going? silly) If you use it on "evil" beings, such as average mobs, it will grow stronger. It would be helpful for more PvE oriented players, IMO.

Or, if you didn't mean it that way, I was thinking, maybe add a sort of Soul Spear projectile that could be fired out of the magical tip at around 50 faith, when it had been used on a lot of "evil" things, it could be capable of firing a Soul Spear out of the tip, at the cost of durability, and the weapon is extremely costly to repair. big grin
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Make your own Dark Souls NPC/ Weapon/ Item/ Boss! - Page 2 Empty Re: Make your own Dark Souls NPC/ Weapon/ Item/ Boss!

Post by Animaaal Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:21 am

@Renegade

I like the story and the concept. Adding more "morality" to a souls game in the form of a weapon...pretty sweet.

And ya,the small details made the story shine.

Good read bro.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:39 am

The spear is a great idea and I think it could be a great weapon in both Pve and Pvp
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:23 am

Everyone has all these grand ideas. I however, have only ever wished for one thing in Dark Souls:

Flail:

"An ancient flail from warriors past. It looks like it has been used in many wars, but the chain is still sturdy and strong. Able to deflect blows as well as strike many enemies at once. It's power lies in the strength of the wielder"

It would do thrust damage and have a B scaling in strength, eventually upgrading to and A scalind. It would do modest base damage, with most of it being scaled. As in, if you just have the basic requirements, it will do little damage, but it will get substantially stronger the higher your strength. Strength requirement: 24. Unbuffable.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:22 am

Bond-fire Blade:
    given by an NPC called blaze, with blood red hair and ashen white skin, he tells you about his time as a fire-keeper, after several seemingly pointless dialogues he entrusts you with his longsword, with basic damage and the exact same scaling you wonder why he gave it too you, you talk to him some more and he tells you of his fondness for that sword he entrusted to you, he then goes on to explain that he no longer has the strength to wield it, nor the will to kill again.

if the player is curious to test it out at base stats you would find it has a slightly faster swing speed, not enough to cause unlimited stun-lock but enough to notice that it is different. upgrading it to +5 will change the description too "the blade of an elderly man, given by the fire"

talking to him again will provide you with yet another story, telling of more of his battles with people threatening his bond-fire. he then asks the player about his sword, asking to inspect it. if you answer no he says " a shame, but a person can bond with his sword...." however if you answer yes he gets excited and exclaims "my old friend, How did you get her to look like that, AMAZING" then returns it.

upon getting it to +10 the description changes too "a sword once owned by an important man, now in the hands of an unknown swordsman."

returning to blaze instead of a bonfire you now find a gravestone, talking to him will make his say "i am old, and withered, my life is no longer within my hands, i must pass the torch to another and i pray that you are able to figure out what to do with the tools i have given you"
    here you can interact by attacking the gravestone with a 1HR2 attack placing the sword in the grave blaze then lets a soft chuckle and says "nothing is ever that easy"

upon getting the sword to +14 the description changes too "flames reside within this blade, let them guide the wielder to the right choices"

now here is the choice, if you go strait to +15 you get nothing special, a slightly faster swing speeded sword with no real benefit. but if they go back to where blaze is, they will find his body, with a special fire-keepers souls, called "the fire-keepers flame"

if taken to Vamos he will talk about the property's of souls with you, rare considering how much Vamos talks, and asks to look at the ember. he requests a weapon and being considerate to the man you give him his sword. this then cuts to a curt-seen where he is summoned through is souls, he says his goodbys and thanks you for your sacrifice.

the sword is now the Blade of bonfire. its description is changed too "the father of firekeeprs sword bound with his soul, given to who may be his dearest friend" the sword scales with your highest stat at S but dose pure fire damage it however will not scale with either Vit OR End.

if you ever approach vamos with the sword he will state "it always effects me, seeing the soul of a friend" never explaining how he knew blaze, nor ever giving any hints as to who he was.

it has range similar to that of the BSS and a low stamina cost. the 1HR2 is a small boly of fire that has no cost at all to the swords durability (400) however the 2HR2 is an AOE like that of WOG but a better animation and drains 25 durability.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:28 am

raecor14 wrote:Bond-fire Blade:
    given by an NPC called blaze, with blood red hair and ashen white skin, he tells you about his time as a fire-keeper, after several seemingly pointless dialogues he entrusts you with his longsword, with basic damage and the exact same scaling you wonder why he gave it too you, you talk to him some more and he tells you of his fondness for that sword he entrusted to you, he then goes on to explain that he no longer has the strength to wield it, nor the will to kill again.

if the player is curious to test it out at base stats you would find it has a slightly faster swing speed, not enough to cause unlimited stun-lock but enough to notice that it is different. upgrading it to +5 will change the description too "the blade of an elderly man, given by the fire"

talking to him again will provide you with yet another story, telling of more of his battles with people threatening his bond-fire. he then asks the player about his sword, asking to inspect it. if you answer no he says " a shame, but a person can bond with his sword...." however if you answer yes he gets excited and exclaims "my old friend, How did you get her to look like that, AMAZING" then returns it.

upon getting it to +10 the description changes too "a sword once owned by an important man, now in the hands of an unknown swordsman."

returning to blaze instead of a bonfire you now find a gravestone, talking to him will make his say "i am old, and withered, my life is no longer within my hands, i must pass the torch to another and i pray that you are able to figure out what to do with the tools i have given you"
    here you can interact by attacking the gravestone with a 1HR2 attack placing the sword in the grave blaze then lets a soft chuckle and says "nothing is ever that easy"

upon getting the sword to +14 the description changes too "flames reside within this blade, let them guide the wielder to the right choices"

now here is the choice, if you go strait to +15 you get nothing special, a slightly faster swing speeded sword with no real benefit. but if they go back to where blaze is, they will find his body, with a special fire-keepers souls, called "the fire-keepers flame"

if taken to Vamos he will talk about the property's of souls with you, rare considering how much Vamos talks, and asks to look at the ember. he requests a weapon and being considerate to the man you give him his sword. this then cuts to a curt-seen where he is summoned through is souls, he says his goodbys and thanks you for your sacrifice.

the sword is now the Blade of bonfire. its description is changed too "the father of firekeeprs sword bound with his soul, given to who may be his dearest friend" the sword scales with your highest stat at S but dose pure fire damage it however will not scale with either Vit OR End.

if you ever approach vamos with the sword he will state "it always effects me, seeing the soul of a friend" never explaining how he knew blaze, nor ever giving any hints as to who he was.

it has range similar to that of the BSS and a low stamina cost. the 1HR2 is a small boly of fire that has no cost at all to the swords durability (400) however the 2HR2 is an AOE like that of WOG but a better animation and drains 25 durability.

That sounds like a great weapon and side quest
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:33 am

ResIsBestStat wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:Bond-fire Blade:

That sounds like a great weapon and side quest
    i thought it would be a cool way to explain why all firekeepers are female, give Vamos some love AND give a unique weapon in the process, 2 really.
    Tanklord
    Tanklord
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tanklord Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:51 am

How about a Boss in Darkroot basin?

Undead Ape Demon

This would be a terrifying gargantuan decomposing gorilla with two sets of jaws, one underneath the other. His attack set would be as follows...
    A powerful Running Charge attack.
    A Pouncing attack followed up by a flurry of wild punches.
    A double axehandle combo.
    A backwards Bronco kick.
    An attack where he grabs you and chews you with one jaw, slowly draining your energy bar followed by a giant "chomp" with the second jaw taking a huge chunk of your energy and causing "Toxic" status.

Also as you attack him he will shed pieces of decomposing flesh. Stepping into the lumps of rotten flesh will cause "Poison" status so they are best avoided.

The Undead Gorilla Demon would be resistant to Poison attacks but would be weak to fire.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:20 am

Tanklord wrote:How about a Boss in Darkroot basin?

Undead Ape Demon

This would be a terrifying gargantuan decomposing gorilla with two sets of jaws, one underneath the other. His attack set would be as follows...
    A powerful Running Charge attack.
    A Pouncing attack followed up by a flurry of wild punches.
    A double axehandle combo.
    A backwards Bronco kick.
    An attack where he grabs you and chews you with one jaw, slowly draining your energy bar followed by a giant "chomp" with the second jaw taking a huge chunk of your energy and causing "Toxic" status.

Also as you attack him he will shed pieces of decomposing flesh. Stepping into the lumps of rotten flesh will cause "Poison" status so they are best avoided.

The Undead Gorilla Demon would be resistant to Poison attacks but would be weak to fire.

boss weapon: rotting shield
    medium
    95% physical
    75% magic
    20% fire
    60% lightning
    stability 65-75
    this shied gives the right hand weapon a toxic effect but leaves the user horribly weak to fire. (another 10-20% damage)
    description: "not actually made of the rotted flesh but the teeth of the undead gorilla this shield has almost superior resistances to most effects and can even enchant the wielders weapon to cause toxic status, however the nature of the enchantment leaves the wielder weak to fire"
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:50 am

That boss is so awesome that it deserves an area.
    Ok, remember the Darkroot Basin shortcut to Valley of the Drakes? Well this time is has another path, the elevator is still there, but instead of ending at a dead end, there is a narrow walkway, you walk through the walkway and you reach the Rotten Forest, the Rotten Forest is the result of the Abyss attacking the Royal Wood in the past.
    In the Rotten Forest you have the same enemies as in Darkroot Garden like Ents and Stone Guardians, only with more HP and 15% more damage. There is also a new variant of Ent, a purple Ent with smoke emitting from it, also instead of a grab attack, it emits some kind of smog that deals Toxic damage.
    There are also pieces of equipment, a new shield called Thorn Shield which is guarded by 2 Stone Guardians, the Thorn Shield was the original shield of Kirk, but he lost it during one of his battles. The shield has same damage of Spiked shield, but deals 300 bleed damage and 400 poison damage, there is also a Stone Guardian Axe guarded by a powerful Royal Wood Guardian.
    At the end of the level, you reach the fog gate and engage the gorilla.
    Tanklord
    Tanklord
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tanklord Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:25 am

Alternatively

Boss weapon: Mandible Scythe
    Weapon Type: Halberd
    Attack Type:Slash
    Weight: 8.0
    Durability: 120

Description: This is a grotesque double bladed scythe created from the two interlinking jawbones of the Undead Ape Demon, each jaw acting as a "blade". The putrid rotting flesh that still clings to the jaws emits a foul smelling green gas, causing the unfortunate victim on the receiving end of this hideous weapon to become toxified.

Created by combining the Soul of Undead Ape Demon with a +10 Great Scythe. The weapon would have B strength and D dex scaling and is upgraded with Demon titanite. It would cause Toxic build up of 40 for each strike. The Two Handed R2 attack is a slam attack where your opponent gets caught between the "jaws" of the Scythe and is "chewed" by the scythe for 4 seconds causing Toxic build up.

The Rotten Forest area sounds fantastic, it could make a brill DLC section to tide us over until Dark Souls 2 comes out. The cutscene for the Gorilla could be as follows....

You enter the fog gate and in front of you there is a Giant Stone Guardian, bigger than the regular ones. You think this is going to be the boss you face but then you hear a rumbling noise (your controller's vibration effect kicks in) and a hideous bellow sound. All of a sudden the Gorilla jumps out from a thicket of trees and crushes the Stone Guardian. The Gorilla looks at you with his two jaws salivating rotted pus and he then lets out another horrific bellow whilst beating his chest, indicating the start of the battle.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:46 am

Tanklord wrote:Alternatively

Boss weapon: Mandible Scythe
    Weapon Type: Halberd
    Attack Type:Slash
    Weight: 8.0
    Durability: 120

Description: This is a grotesque double bladed scythe created from the two interlinking jawbones of the Undead Ape Demon, each jaw acting as a "blade". The putrid rotting flesh that still clings to the jaws emits a foul smelling green gas, causing the unfortunate victim on the receiving end of this hideous weapon to become toxified.

Created by combining the Soul of Undead Ape Demon with a +10 Great Scythe. The weapon would have B strength and D dex scaling and is upgraded with Demon titanite. It would cause Toxic build up of 40 for each strike. The Two Handed R2 attack is a slam attack where your opponent gets caught between the "jaws" of the Scythe and is "chewed" by the scythe for 4 seconds causing Toxic build up.

The Rotten Forest area sounds fantastic, it could make a brill DLC section to tide us over until Dark Souls 2 comes out. The cutscene for the Gorilla could be as follows....

You enter the fog gate and in front of you there is a Giant Stone Guardian, bigger than the regular ones. You think this is going to be the boss you face but then you hear a rumbling noise (your controller's vibration effect kicks in) and a hideous bellow sound. All of a sudden the Gorilla jumps out from a thicket of trees and crushes the Stone Guardian. The Gorilla looks at you with his two jaws salivating rotted pus and he then lets out another horrific bellow whilst beating his chest, indicating the start of the battle.

It's nice to see creative minds here, the intro of the gorilla reminds me of the Penetrator intro where the boss kills a normal enemy first by slashing him.

I also think we should try to invent more areas and bosses
    ADirtySlate
    ADirtySlate
    Regular
    Regular

Post by ADirtySlate Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:08 am

Alright, Let's make a weapon:

Giant Cat Claws: Obtained from the big cats in the forest. Always comes in pairs of 2.

Curved Sword

Requirements:
    STR: 14
    DEX: 17
    INT: -
    FTH: -

AR:
    Physical: 100
    Magic: 0
    Fire: 0
    Lightning: 0

Weight: 2.0
    Critical: 110

Upgrades through Twinkling titanite, +23 physical AR each time.

Moveset: Same as Painting Guardian Sword, except where noted below.

When wielded in two hands, or when Giant Cat Claws are in both hands, LT/L2 produces a rolling attack. This rolling attack does minimal damage, but can hit multiple times.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:51 am

Magebane: Ancient Hammer Created by Havel for use of his Bishops, Its aura renders all magic redundant

found in a secret Room in oolacile, used by a hyped up version of Havel on Steriods, Same move set as DGH but the 1h2 is a shockwave that that blasts any magic away and debuffs any enemies, the 2hR2 is a jumping attack that sends a massive AOE explosion knocking Anyone down regardless of poise
    Tanklord
    Tanklord
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tanklord Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:35 pm

Sen's Fortress Dungeon: A sealed section of the Fortress that can only be accessed by defeating all the titanite Demons at the bottom of the fortress. By doing this you get a cutscene where the water disappears and you see a lever which opens a sealed section of the wall. When you step into this sealed section you step into a cage lift that takes you all the way down to the Dungeon area.
    The Dungeon will contain more powerful versions of the Manserpents and will also contain a set of unique Serpentskin armor which has good resistance to bleed. The armor will be guarded by two Smaller versions of the Asylum Demon. There will be lots of annoying torch hollows in this area also as well as stronger versions of the Psicattas from the Duke's Archive dungeons.

Boss: Muskella Miskella and The Devourer

An evil mad magician and a monstrosity that have been sealed in the dungeon for years.
    When you enter the fog gate you are greeted to a cutscene where you see Muskella Miskella, a short, squat ugly little man with a sick grin on his face. He is wearing a set similar to Chester's but with an absurdly large top hat and is armed with a strange glowing crossbow. He hops up to a platform and pulls a lever which opens a giant gate. The sound of bellowing ensues and out of the gate comes a gigantic Neanderthal like humanoid with one giant pointed tooth jutting from his lower jaw and a similar tooth coming down from his upper jaw. He is armed with a huge club which has a giant crystal boulder lashed onto the end of it. Muskella Miskella then hops down onto the shoulder of the devourer and gives a rather annoying laugh.

The fight starts and the player needs to contend with The Devourer's devastating crazed club attacks as well as Muskella Miskella's crossbow which shoots magic homing bolts. The Devourer can also grab the player and chew him causing massive bleed build up. Miskella hops off of the Devourer's shoulder from time to time to deliver swift attacks using a long, thin dagger which causes curse build up.
    Killing Muskella Miskella first triggers a cutscene where The Devourer "devours" Miskella's body and becomes charged with Magic. He also goes even more vicious, powerful and crazy. This time his club causes a magic AoE attack similar to that of the Moonlight Greatsword.
    Killing The Devourer first triggers a cutscene where you see Miskella geting really angry. He becomes much more agile, hopping around the place and he steps up the crossbow and dagger attacks which much greater frequency.

Upgrading a +10 piercing sword with The Devourer's soul creates a unique sword called "Devourer Tooth" which is dex based and causes bleed. Upgrading a +10 Great Club with the souls creates the Devourer's Club in which the crystal on top of it can be charged with any weapon buff. The two-handed R2 attack is a normal slam when the weapon is uncharged. When the weapon is charged with a buff however it creates an AoE attack according to the buff used.

Upgrading a +10 dagger with Muskella Miskella's soul creates the B@stard Dirk. This is a particularly evil weapon which causes Curse build up. It would certainly attract a lot of hatemail among PvP circles. Upgrading a +10 Light crossbow with the soul creates the B@stard Ballista which fires homing magic bolts that can be purchased from Rickert of Vinheim.
    Muskella Miskella's set can also be purchased from Domhnall of Zena.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Tanklord wrote:Sen's Fortress Dungeon: A sealed section of the Fortress that can only be accessed by defeating all the titanite Demons at the bottom of the fortress. By doing this you get a cutscene where the water disappears and you see a lever which opens a sealed section of the wall. When you step into this sealed section you step into a cage lift that takes you all the way down to the Dungeon area.
    The Dungeon will contain more powerful versions of the Manserpents and will also contain a set of unique Serpentskin armor which has good resistance to bleed. The armor will be guarded by two Smaller versions of the Asylum Demon. There will be lots of annoying torch hollows in this area also as well as stronger versions of the Psicattas from the Duke's Archive dungeons.

Boss: Muskella Miskella and The Devourer

An evil mad magician and a monstrosity that have been sealed in the dungeon for years.
    When you enter the fog gate you are greeted to a cutscene where you see Muskella Miskella, a short, squat ugly little man with a sick grin on his face. He is wearing a set similar to Chester's but with an absurdly large top hat and is armed with a strange glowing crossbow. He hops up to a platform and pulls a lever which opens a giant gate. The sound of bellowing ensues and out of the gate comes a gigantic Neanderthal like humanoid with one giant pointed tooth jutting from his lower jaw and a similar tooth coming down from his upper jaw. He is armed with a huge club which has a giant crystal boulder lashed onto the end of it. Muskella Miskella then hops down onto the shoulder of the devourer and gives a rather annoying laugh.

The fight starts and the player needs to contend with The Devourer's devastating crazed club attacks as well as Muskella Miskella's crossbow which shoots magic homing bolts. The Devourer can also grab the player and chew him causing massive bleed build up. Miskella hops off of the Devourer's shoulder from time to time to deliver swift attacks using a long, thin dagger which causes curse build up.
    Killing Muskella Miskella first triggers a cutscene where The Devourer "devours" Miskella's body and becomes charged with Magic. He also goes even more vicious, powerful and crazy. This time his club causes a magic AoE attack similar to that of the Moonlight Greatsword.
    Killing The Devourer first triggers a cutscene where you see Miskella geting really angry. He becomes much more agile, hopping around the place and he steps up the crossbow and dagger attacks which much greater frequency.

Upgrading a +10 piercing sword with The Devourer's soul creates a unique sword called "Devourer Tooth" which is dex based and causes bleed. Upgrading a +10 Great Club with the souls creates the Devourer's Club in which the crystal on top of it can be charged with any weapon buff. The two-handed R2 attack is a normal slam when the weapon is uncharged. When the weapon is charged with a buff however it creates an AoE attack according to the buff used.

Upgrading a +10 dagger with Muskella Miskella's soul creates the B@stard Dirk. This is a particularly evil weapon which causes Curse build up. It would certainly attract a lot of hatemail among PvP circles. Upgrading a +10 Light crossbow with the soul creates the B@stard Ballista which fires homing magic bolts that can be purchased from Rickert of Vinheim.
    Muskella Miskella's set can also be purchased from Domhnall of Zena.

I know that the name Muskella Miskella sounds childish, but the way you described him he sounds creepy and twisted.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:32 pm

I had this idea.
    After killing Gwynevere and making Anor Londo dark, warp to Anor Londo bonfire and kill the Firekeeper.
    After killing the keeper, the last flame of Anor Londo fades and only Dark remains.
    Return now to the room with Painted Guardians, there will be now a switch at the end of the room, interacting with it will cause the painting to flip and reveal another painting of some woods.
    Interact with the painting and you will be sucked in by a giant mouth.
    The name of this level is called The Lost Wood and you will spawn close to the only bonfire in the level. The area is mostly green and looks like a forest, but as you progress things change.
    In the forest area (beginning) you fight Enchanted trees which attempt to grapple you, you need to smash r1 to escape their grapple or otherwise you'll lose 600 HP, if you let them grapple you and finish their animation there is a bonus, they will use you as a host and you will get the Tree armor which has high physical resistance, high magic resistance but low fire and lightning resistance, you can't however remove the Tree armor normally, in order to do that, you must die.
    In the forest area you'll also find a nice item: a hatchet, a weapon that scales B with str and D with dex, it has a special 1h r2 where you cut by the side like a lumberjack and a special 2h r2 where you chop the head of enemies.
    After a while you'll reach a fog gate and you'll reach a muddy area where trees grow and shrink at random, here there are some mud creatures which resemble slimes, only with more HP, they also have a resistance to fire and lightning, but low magic resistance. Another particular enemy is the Demon Pig, a pig that stands on goat legs, it's main way of attacking is a 3 strike combo or a belly flop, these creatures drop the Pig Mask which has terrible defenses overall but is said to be the legendary helmet of a warrior called ENB. (Get the reference?)
    Finally you'll reach the final area, a dark forest, the area is very small and the only source of light is a nearby bonfire, resting near to it however activates the boss...
    The cutscene is like this, once you rest there the PC sits down in relief, only to find out that the flame is turning blue, then he sees 2 menacing eyes and a menacing mouth that licks its lips, you then hear the noise of 2 blades and the boss battle starts.
    Boss: The Nothing
    Lore-wise, the Nothing is an embodiment of the Dark, it is similiar to the Abyss, but is less advanced, while the Abyss feasted on human emotions, the Nothing feast on human primal instincts and currently has the primal instinct of survival and hunger.
    The Nothing has many attacks, when you are near the bonfire he will attempt to slash you with his blades hidden in his mouth, if you are close to him instead he will bite you and deal heavy damage unless you press r1 quickly. The Nothing is also invincible if you decide to go in the Dark instead of staying near the bonfire, if you go in the Dark you will hear the noise of blades screeching and suddenly you will lose 800 HP, the attack is never shown since you are in the Dark, but it's implied that he stabs you with 2 blades.
    As you attack the Nothing while staying near the bonfire, the bonfire's light grows weaker and the Nothing's presence grows stronger, in the end, after you empty his HP bar, the Nothing will first scream a distorted tune formed by sharp objects and die, you will gain the Soul of the Nothing and the bonfire can be used to warp out.

With the Soul of the Nothing, you can create the Dark Blade with a +10 spear.
    The Dark Blade scales S with faith, but has high requirements: 30 for str and 25 for dex, the Dark Blade has a 1h r2 move that pierces shields and a 2h r2 move were you place the spear on the ground and emit giant blades like Gravelord Sword Dance.
    Tanklord
    Tanklord
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tanklord Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:11 pm

Interesting, especially the goat-legged pigs. Creepy!!

The name Muskella Miskella is suitably childish. The backstory is that he was an eccentric entertainer and magician from Vinheim who becamee a court jester in the employ of Gwyn. He later decided to give up his career as a mere entertainer to further develop his skills as a magician. He thought the best way to do this was to assist Seath in his experiments. He too descended into utter madness and experimented on Humans and animals, eventually creating a grotesque humanoid creature called The Devourer. Miskella wished for the Devourer to become one of Gwyn's Knights although Gwyn deemed the creature to be an abomination. Miskella went mad with the rejection and used the Devourer to attack Gwyn. Gwyn and his 4 Knights subdued Miskella and the Devourer and sealed them in the lowest section of Sen's Fortress for ever.

I forgot to mention that the Dungeon of Sen's fortress would also contain several traps, the worst one just before the entrance to the boss fog gate. A broken narrow platform with both pendulum blades and tricky gaps that you must jump over, compounded by Blight Town blow dart enemies on either side.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:14 pm

Tanklord wrote:Interesting, especially the goat-legged pigs. Creepy!!

I forgot to mention that the Dungeon of Sen's fortress would also contain several traps, the worst one just before the entrance to the boss fog gate. A broken narrow platform with both pendulum blades and tricky gaps that you must jump over, compounded by Blight Town blow dart enemies on either side.

You, my friend, are true EVIL! silly

did you get the reference of the Pig Mask too?
    Tanklord
    Tanklord
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tanklord Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:18 pm

I sure did. That mask sounds epic bro big grin
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:06 pm

Level
    Difficulty: Hard
    Length: Short

Location: Past the second New Londo Fog Gate, there is a small staircase on the side opposite to the abyss mass. The staircase leads down about a few meters into a dark pit...

Spoiler:
    Red = Ghosts
    Black = Inaccessible
    Pink = Rubbish
    Green = Hidden Wall Passage
    Yellow = Mimic (Drops Transient Curse X5)
    Light Green = Breakables (Furniture)
    Cream = Banshee
    Brown = Abyss Fruit
    Dark Blue = Abyss Hound
    Grey = Fall Death
    Light Purple = Locked (Opens from other side)
    Purple = Mass of Souls [Respawn]
    Really Light Green = Exploding Skulls spawn (infinite)
    Dark Red = Wraith Ghoul
    Blue = titanite Chunk X2
    Greyed-out Zone = Boss Room

Enemies:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Items

Abyss Fruit

"Corrupted fruit found in the living quarters of New Londo. The abyss grants great power to all who possess it, but the price for such power is dire..."

Grants 100 HP regen when defeating an enemy, but inflicts a 5HP/s DoT over 100 seconds. Also, increases damage by 10%.

Boss

Abyss Leviathus

"Deep in New Londo, there
    exists a cat-like beast known as the Leviathus. Its origins are a
    mystery, but its vicious nature, dangerous to even the Darkwraiths, is
    well known..."

Upon entering the greyed-out room, a 10 second timer will start while you're in it. When the 10 seconds give out (or the banshee screams), the Abyss Leviathus will spawn in the zone and a fog gate will lock you in. I won't describe the creature. Instead I will say you should picture it as a Black Hannibal:
    Spoiler:
    Of course, for those who know, don't try to picture the same moveset or movements. It is on all fours.

The Leviathus fights in a wide-open space and utilizes a large assortment of mid-ranged moves to fight you out of range.

HP: 5000
    Difficulty: Prepare to Die!
    Souls: 50,000

Moveset:

1. [Long-Range] It leaps towards you and slams its arms. May follow-up with a backflip to medium distance.
    2.[Medium-Range] It reaches out with its claws with a fast swipe. It may follow-up with a second.
    3.[ Medium-Range] It unleashes a 360 tail swipe. May follow-up with either a backflip or a reverse backflip (turning around and backflipping).
    4.[Long-Range] Launches a fireball at your position. If it hits, it inflicts you with overencumberance for 10 seconds. If it misses, it splits into pieces and spreads across the battlefield. Areas afflicted with the abyss now causes overencumberance.
    5. [Short-Range] Bites. The bite is a grab attack that separates you to medium distance.
    6. [Medium-Range] Gets up on its hind legs and shoots an abyss fireball at you.
    7. [Short Range] Backflips or reverse backflips.
    8. [Medium Range] Does 3 variations of an Abyss Breath:

a) Releases a straight beam of that covers the entire zone in a straight line with the Abyss.
    b) Releases a horizontal beam that covers the area in front of it.
    C) Releases a concentrated beam that covers your area with Abyss.

If you defeat the Leviathus, it drops the Leviathus Soul.

Leviathus Soul

"While the essence of all souls is relatively similar, the soul of the Leviathus resembles that of a cat rather than that of demons, darkwraiths...or humans.

In the New Londo living quarters, where many dogs were housed, a cat was a rare sight, in fact, it was almost taboo in the unnatural culture to have one. Yet, grand priestess Lenora owned a stray cat, who showed more braverity and loyalty towards the family of 2 than any other animal did in the households."

Can be used to forge the Abyss Halberd or the Miracle Abyss Fog.

Abyss Halberd

"Halberd forged from the soul of Leviathus, avenger of New Londo. The fierce, blunt axe at the tip is covered in toxins beyond that recorded in history, but it also shares a strange blessing. Is this weapon a representation of the conflict between the abyss and undying loyalty?"

Scales -/-/-/S and inflicts Toxin, as well as drains 9 HP per hit and 40 per kill.

Abyss Fog
    [Miracle]
    "Miracle crafted from the soul of Leviathus. The fog embraces the enemy in a vice grip that impedes movement.

Normally, the abyss would destroy all that lay contact with it, yet this strange miracle replicates the essence of the abyss without unleashing it. The ability to combat the abyss is only within the ability of humans, so where has this inhuman soul learned such an skill?"

Emits a cloud of abyss around the user (does not follow), causes overencumberance. Duration: 30 seconds.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:18 pm

Seignar wrote:Level
    Difficulty: Hard
    Length: Short

Location: Past the second New Londo Fog Gate, there is a small staircase on the side opposite to the abyss mass. The staircase leads down about a few meters into a dark pit...

Spoiler:
    Red = Ghosts
    Black = Inaccessible
    Pink = Rubbish
    Green = Hidden Wall Passage
    Yellow = Mimic (Drops Transient Curse X5)
    Light Green = Breakables (Furniture)
    Cream = Banshee
    Brown = Abyss Fruit
    Dark Blue = Abyss Hound
    Grey = Fall Death
    Light Purple = Locked (Opens from other side)
    Purple = Mass of Souls [Respawn]
    Really Light Green = Exploding Skulls spawn (infinite)
    Dark Red = Wraith Ghoul
    Blue = titanite Chunk X2
    Greyed-out Zone = Boss Room

Enemies:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Items

Abyss Fruit

"Corrupted fruit found in the living quarters of New Londo. The abyss grants great power to all who possess it, but the price for such power is dire..."

Grants 100 HP regen when defeating an enemy, but inflicts a 5HP/s DoT over 100 seconds. Also, increases damage by 10%.

Boss

Abyss Leviathus

"Deep in New Londo, there
    exists a cat-like beast known as the Leviathus. Its origins are a
    mystery, but its vicious nature, dangerous to even the Darkwraiths, is
    well known..."

Upon entering the greyed-out room, a 10 second timer will start while you're in it. When the 10 seconds give out (or the banshee screams), the Abyss Leviathus will spawn in the zone and a fog gate will lock you in. I won't describe the creature. Instead I will say you should picture it as a Black Hannibal:
    Spoiler:
    Of course, for those who know, don't try to picture the same moveset or movements. It is on all fours.

The Leviathus fights in a wide-open space and utilizes a large assortment of mid-ranged moves to fight you out of range.

HP: 5000
    Difficulty: Prepare to Die!
    Souls: 50,000

Moveset:

1. [Long-Range] It leaps towards you and slams its arms. May follow-up with a backflip to medium distance.
    2.[Medium-Range] It reaches out with its claws with a fast swipe. It may follow-up with a second.
    3.[ Medium-Range] It unleashes a 360 tail swipe. May follow-up with either a backflip or a reverse backflip (turning around and backflipping).
    4.[Long-Range] Launches a fireball at your position. If it hits, it inflicts you with overencumberance for 10 seconds. If it misses, it splits into pieces and spreads across the battlefield. Areas afflicted with the abyss now causes overencumberance.
    5. [Short-Range] Bites. The bite is a grab attack that separates you to medium distance.
    6. [Medium-Range] Gets up on its hind legs and shoots an abyss fireball at you.
    7. [Short Range] Backflips or reverse backflips.
    8. [Medium Range] Does 3 variations of an Abyss Breath:

a) Releases a straight beam of that covers the entire zone in a straight line with the Abyss.
    b) Releases a horizontal beam that covers the area in front of it.
    C) Releases a concentrated beam that covers your area with Abyss.

If you defeat the Leviathus, it drops the Leviathus Soul.

Leviathus Soul

"While the essence of all souls is relatively similar, the soul of the Leviathus resembles that of a cat rather than that of demons, darkwraiths...or humans.

In the New Londo living quarters, where many dogs were housed, a cat was a rare sight, in fact, it was almost taboo in the unnatural culture to have one. Yet, grand priestess Lenora owned a stray cat, who showed more braverity and loyalty towards the family of 2 than any other animal did in the households."

Can be used to forge the Abyss Halberd or the Miracle Abyss Fog.

Abyss Halberd

"Halberd forged from the soul of Leviathus, avenger of New Londo. The fierce, blunt axe at the tip is covered in toxins beyond that recorded in history, but it also shares a strange blessing. Is this weapon a representation of the conflict between the abyss and undying loyalty?"

Scales -/-/-/S and inflicts Toxin, as well as drains 9 HP per hit and 40 per kill.

Abyss Fog
    [Miracle]
    "Miracle crafted from the soul of Leviathus. The fog embraces the enemy in a vice grip that impedes movement.

Normally, the abyss would destroy all that lay contact with it, yet this strange miracle replicates the essence of the abyss without unleashing it. The ability to combat the abyss is only within the ability of humans, so where has this inhuman soul learned such an skill?"

Emits a cloud of abyss around the user (does not follow), causes overencumberance. Duration: 30 seconds.

This and the map are great! The descriptions also have that Dark Souls feeling, great job!
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:02 pm

Seig, you deserve a +1, top quality. silly
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:13 pm

Side Quest: Children's Legend
    "Salvation is what you make of it..."

In Lost Izalith, above where you find the second Bonfire in the lava pits, there will be a female Pyromancer staring out at Izalith.

Initial Conversation: "Oh! What have we here? Another lost undead looking for an audience with the Witch herself?"

Yes: "Well, too bad. She is long dead from what I've heard. Unless you're here to kill what remains of her, I suggest you hightail it out of here. This place is crawling with demons."
    No: "Then, what in blazes are you doing here? Come to rid them of this Demon infestation? Good luck with that."

"Although, the fact you made it this far means you have a degree of skill. It is no great feat to walk on a pile of lava hardly unscathed. Considering your...attire, I take it you aren't from my beloved Great Swamp. That can only mean you bested that hideous centipede."

2nd Conversation: "What do you want? My matters do not concern you. I have no need to tell you who I am or why I am here. If you have business here then get to it."

After you defeat the Bed of Chaos, she will move to Firelink on the opposite side to Laurentius.

3rd Conversation: "Well, look who it is. Has anyone told you what happened at Izalith? Of course not. I think you already know for yourself. You may look like any other clumsy fool in this land, but your skills are quite admirable. [If Laurentius is still alive] Can't say the same about little Laury over there."

4th Conversation: "Me? I finished what I had to do at the moment and left, just as you did. What I was doing was...of course, none of your business. There are still things for me do, all of which don't concern you...at the moment.

5th Conversation: "But...my purse is quite empty and I could use a bit of souls. Since I am here, I shall teach you a thing or two about pyromancy."

*Teaches you Fire Orb, Chaos Fire Whip and Combustion. Upgrades Flame to +15 and sells the Pyromancer's Ring*

Pyromancer's Ring:

Leaving Shop: "Quite skilled indeed."
    Leaving Shop (empty-handed): "So, you can offer me nothing. That is a shame...a real shame..."

6th Conversation (You buy everything): "Impressive, you show must adaptation to the fire arts. You make a fascinating pyromancer, I'm sure. Well, I must be leaving soon. I've spent enough time here in Lordran...this decaying land"

Laurentius' Opinion:

Anastacia's Opinion:

She disappears completely from the game world, and, if you try teleport to the Chaos Covenant, you'll find you aren't allowed. Upon reaching the Covenant (by foot), you'll realize that the bonfire is unlit, although the Firekeeper is still alive. You can relit the bonfire and offer a Firekeeper's Soul to the Fair Lady to restore the connection.

Eingy's Flashback:

Fair Lady's Experience:

You can find the female Pyromancer in Izalith again, in the Bed of Chaos boss room. She is waiting for you there and will automatically engage you. However, before you get to her, there will be a miniboss just before the slide down, where the Sister of Izalith spawns initially:

Flaming Monster:

7th Conversation: "Oh, so you finally arrived, Chosen Undead. I must say, I'm impressed you made it, I guess the tittle of Chosen Undead comes with its perks. Now that you're here...I'll take what is rightfully mine."

The female Pyromancer has the following statistics:

SL: ?
    HP: 3500
    Magic: Demon Fireball, Demon Tempest, Grand Combustion, Blazing Flame
    Weapon: Longsword, Hand Axe, Ascended Pyromancy Flame +5
    Shield: Fire-God's Shield
    Rings: Pyromancer's Ring

8th Conversation *2000 HP*: "Impressive. Indeed, you're a worthy Soul to harvest. It might take a little effort, but it will be worth it."

9th Conversation *Defeat*: "All this....for this outcome! It can't be! Don't you know who I am?"

10th Conversation *Optional* [Defeated]: "Kehehehe...kehahahaha! Yes! With your Soul and those half-breed's...the Everlasting Flame shall be mine!"

11th Conversation *Optional* [Rematch]: "Failed. Ah, well, your Soul only has one place to go upon release...and since you keep coming back..."

She drops a "Scroll of Studies" and the Fire-God's Shield when defeated.

Fire-God's Shield:
    Scroll of Studies:

The Scroll of Studies are useless to you as you can't decipher it. However, you can take it to Laurentius:

Laurentius is the Man!:
    Laurentius will now sell Demon Fireball, Demon Tempest, Grand Combustion and Blazing Flame.

Demon Fireball:
    Demon Tempest:
    Grand Combustion:
    Blazing Flame:

Notes: If you kill the Pyromancer before the showdown at the Bed of Chaos room, she will only drop the Fire-God's Shield.

inb4, Demon Fireball and Pyromancer's Ring + Phantom Range = God Tier
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:24 am

Seignar wrote:Side Quest: Children's Legend
    "Salvation is what you make of it..."

In Lost Izalith, above where you find the second Bonfire in the lava pits, there will be a female Pyromancer staring out at Izalith.

Initial Conversation: "Oh! What have we here? Another lost undead looking for an audience with the Witch herself?"

Yes: "Well, too bad. She is long dead from what I've heard. Unless you're here to kill what remains of her, I suggest you hightail it out of here. This place is crawling with demons."
    No: "Then, what in blazes are you doing here? Come to rid them of this Demon infestation? Good luck with that."

"Although, the fact you made it this far means you have a degree of skill. It is no great feat to walk on a pile of lava hardly unscathed. Considering your...attire, I take it you aren't from my beloved Great Swamp. That can only mean you bested that hideous centipede."

2nd Conversation: "What do you want? My matters do not concern you. I have no need to tell you who I am or why I am here. If you have business here then get to it."

After you defeat the Bed of Chaos, she will move to Firelink on the opposite side to Laurentius.

3rd Conversation: "Well, look who it is. Has anyone told you what happened at Izalith? Of course not. I think you already know for yourself. You may look like any other clumsy fool in this land, but your skills are quite admirable. [If Laurentius is still alive] Can't say the same about little Laury over there."

4th Conversation: "Me? I finished what I had to do at the moment and left, just as you did. What I was doing was...of course, none of your business. There are still things for me do, all of which don't concern you...at the moment.

5th Conversation: "But...my purse is quite empty and I could use a bit of souls. Since I am here, I shall teach you a thing or two about pyromancy."

*Teaches you Fire Orb, Chaos Fire Whip and Combustion. Upgrades Flame to +15 and sells the Pyromancer's Ring*

Pyromancer's Ring:

Leaving Shop: "Quite skilled indeed."
    Leaving Shop (empty-handed): "So, you can offer me nothing. That is a shame...a real shame..."

6th Conversation (You buy everything): "Impressive, you show must adaptation to the fire arts. You make a fascinating pyromancer, I'm sure. Well, I must be leaving soon. I've spent enough time here in Lordran...this decaying land"

Laurentius' Opinion:

Anastacia's Opinion:

She disappears completely from the game world, and, if you try teleport to the Chaos Covenant, you'll find you aren't allowed. Upon reaching the Covenant (by foot), you'll realize that the bonfire is unlit, although the Firekeeper is still alive. You can relit the bonfire and offer a Firekeeper's Soul to the Fair Lady to restore the connection.

Eingy's Flashback:

Fair Lady's Experience:

You can find the female Pyromancer in Izalith again, in the Bed of Chaos boss room. She is waiting for you there and will automatically engage you. However, before you get to her, there will be a miniboss just before the slide down, where the Sister of Izalith spawns initially:

Flaming Monster:

7th Conversation: "Oh, so you finally arrived, Chosen Undead. I must say, I'm impressed you made it, I guess the tittle of Chosen Undead comes with its perks. Now that you're here...I'll take what is rightfully mine."

The female Pyromancer has the following statistics:

SL: ?
    HP: 3500
    Magic: Demon Fireball, Demon Tempest, Grand Combustion, Blazing Flame
    Weapon: Longsword, Hand Axe, Ascended Pyromancy Flame +5
    Shield: Fire-God's Shield
    Rings: Pyromancer's Ring

8th Conversation *2000 HP*: "Impressive. Indeed, you're a worthy Soul to harvest. It might take a little effort, but it will be worth it."

9th Conversation *Defeat*: "All this....for this outcome! It can't be! Don't you know who I am?"

10th Conversation *Optional* [Defeated]: "Kehehehe...kehahahaha! Yes! With your Soul and those half-breed's...the Everlasting Flame shall be mine!"

11th Conversation *Optional* [Rematch]: "Failed. Ah, well, your Soul only has one place to go upon release...and since you keep coming back..."

She drops a "Scroll of Studies" and the Fire-God's Shield when defeated.

Fire-God's Shield:
    Scroll of Studies:

The Scroll of Studies are useless to you as you can't decipher it. However, you can take it to Laurentius:

Laurentius is the Man!:
    Laurentius will now sell Demon Fireball, Demon Tempest, Grand Combustion and Blazing Flame.

Demon Fireball:
    Demon Tempest:
    Grand Combustion:
    Blazing Flame:

Notes: If you kill the Pyromancer before the showdown at the Bed of Chaos room, she will only drop the Fire-God's Shield.

inb4, Demon Fireball and Pyromancer's Ring + Phantom Range = God Tier

The quest is awesome, but the spells are so OP lol
    anyways +1

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:49 am