Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+136
DemonDrink
KrazykevS10
User1
GaryBlevins
Dutchy
TheBigLebowski
WaLKA
Bigbrodeur
Mikutow
Sanhedrim
Dalerik
Dilaudid281
sicktwist
Rona
SenseOfSecurity
SpecialNewb
ak1287
Hugh_G_Johnson
Bearded Dragon
danfts
gmwdim
Frank_White
Archandes
samster628
argetlam213
Corporal Hart
Mike5005005
KingSeekerCow
Cepzeu
emraluces
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
jp09
Garl_Vinland
Kuragari
FattyOfDoom
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
Hydreigon11
Gyonimizotetsu
Ashran
Shkar
PlasticandRage
messremb
Artorias The Abyss Walker
denleigh
vereornox
Oh_the_Humanity
Deathsitexxi
Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Fossil
Krasouski
Sargerus
ComaPrison
Kyōkai
JeragiusTheSlayer
hageshisa
Forum Pirate
Nessima017
Mr. Tart
CaptanSpudsy
Nybbles
Zakkia
aprilmanha
gaarafrednorris
Slarg232
hqboy
Tomhet
Myztyrio
befowler
The_Burning Cross
DE5PA1R
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
BeeSeaEss
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
exod FEAR
Acarnatia
Reyl
GrinTwist
Solid Knight
GkMrBane
OmarTheFuzzy
Macromute
carlucio
Xero
Halicarnassis
SetaSensei
Sloth9230
ViralEnsign_
User
tofucactaur
Rudmed
Marino.
WandererReece
Serious_Much
ZoltarTheDestroyer
Tolvo
XKnightArtoriasX
Buggy Virus
Djem
Fotitudo
Juutas
>Brave<
Infighter
passivefamiliar
MagisterM
Aevun
Saturday-Saint
eminusx
The Grand Confessor
raecor14
mr_no_face
XachAttack
ublug
Onion Knight
Hyena
Seignar
defacto
The Letter X
PwnasauresRex
RANT
Reaperfan
Phoenix Rising
Soris Ice Goldwing
ChizFreak
Noob-of-Artorias
Pucko
Avenger649
callipygias
tinypantha
MyAwesomeAfro
T-King-667
140 posters

Dark souls 2: Wishlist

T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dark souls 2: Wishlist Empty Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by T-King-667 Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:28 pm

This will be a thread based on what you want to see returning from dark souls, what you hope dosent return, new things you wanna see that was never before in a souls game etc...
    For me i hope theres an item you can use thats stronger than the cracked red eye orb that has certain benefits like able to use flask's, or being able to go in after the player even when hes in a boss fight (invader wont get booted when host walks into boss arena).

Another thing id like to see is a more diverse move set for weapons like for example demons souls when you swing the dragon bone smasher with two hands the two hit combo is pretty diverse. But the ultra greatsword in dks just has the same two hit left,right,left,right swing combo pattern. Same with the cresent axe, in demons souls it had a 3 hit combo and the last hit sends the foe flying. Dark souls it has no combo, just the same swing over and over, like all of the "axe" type weapons.

Id love if they could bring back dedicated servers. I remember on day one release of dark souls me and a friend went together to pick the game up and agreed that when we got back we would co-op together like we always have when demons souls was hot on our plate. But when we first got our soap stones we honestly thought the game was broken, we would wait up to 10 mins for eachothers sign to appear when in ds it would take seconds. Then we later learned (after we both beat the game already) that you had to wait up to 20 mins for the sign to cycle through a bajillion servers. then with patience we were able to play after awhile.

Dont mess with whats not broken: Yes i understand that a series must progress but all the talk about the directer saying "the story will be straight forward" scares me. Like most of you i rather dig for hints to what happend to characters, not have it spoonfed to me.

Now its time for you guys to have your say, what do you hope to see, or hope to see gone.
    MyAwesomeAfro

Dark souls 2: Wishlist Empty Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by MyAwesomeAfro Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:33 pm

Improved online. I want a harsher experience. I want it to be seriously gritty.

Clans? Mass invasions?
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:34 pm

dedicated servers have been announced in a interview in the followng way "... new multiplayer in a server based redifined version...."
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:40 pm

tinypantha wrote:dedicated servers have been announced in a interview in the followng way "... new multiplayer in a server based redifined version...."
    Namco's publishing again so i seriously doubt that the servers will be truly dedicated Where it cost's a bit more to do than p2p. There probly will be some sort of way to select which server your in which would be cool but that line means nothing in terms the servers actually being "Dedicated"
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:42 pm

I would hope for a few different features that could be added.
    Dark souls didn't play too differently to demon's souls so I am hoping a new mechanic could be added.
    Apart from that improved covenant invasions and an area that you could permanently PvP in.
    Hopefully elemental weapons will be harder to obtain or to upgrade.

A good story is in my opinion optional, it would be nice to have something like in dark souls but more complex though that is really optional.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:42 pm

I don't like the idea of invaders following players into the boss area; the race is part of the excitement, if you can't beat them there you're out of luck. Along similar lines though it'd be cool if they brought back a player as a level boss, like in DeS.

Regarding gameplay I'd love more unique movesets, including ripostes. Dark Souls is already the best at that, but they can be better. I'd also like to be able to weapon-parry when two-handing a sword... maybe even a greatsword, it could have a hilt-slam riposte or something.

Also overall tighter timing on parries and a MUCH tighter hit-box on backstabs.
    Pucko
    Pucko

Post by Pucko Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:51 pm

I was thinking about how cool it would be if they had a character import from DkS. And depending on what ending you chose for that character, would determine how the game in DkS2 starts.
    Of course the character would still start at SL1 or w/e the class normaly starts at. And with base gear for that class as well.

This would only work if it's a sequel though.

Things I don't want in DkS2 is:
    PvP and CoOp lag issues.
    Bed of Chaos / Ceaseless Discharge gimmicky boss battles.
    Easy mode.
    A story line that throws it self in my face.

Things I would like to see in DkS2:
    The abillity to summon your friends directly, w/o having to cycle servers.
    More variety on weapon move sets.
    Better viability for dual-wield.

There's probably more, that I can't think of atm.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:53 pm

TOUGHER NPCs! My God the NPCs in Demon's Souls could be insanely tough (that pyro guy repeatedly destroyed me... I think I ended up cheezing him), but in Dark Souls they're so easy. I played 2,000 hours before I even knew the Crystal Soldier pushover could parry me.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:14 pm

I want some way to be invaded after the boss has been defeated, maybe a ring.

I want more spells in each catagory.

Tougher Boss Battles, I want nearly every boss to be as hard as Manus (without cheezing him)

Make duel wielding viable, perhaps make a ring or a sword set that inproves duel wielding damage.

I'm probably going to catch flack for this, but I'd like for the midroll to be about as fast as the fast roll is in Dark Souls, make the fast roll the ninja flip. This gives Mid level armor some viability, as it stands now in Dark Souls you either stack poise to the ceiling, or your go light.

Bring Greatswords back to their former glory, make them heavier, make them have a little less damage, take the stunlocking potential down slightly, just make the 2-handed swing viable again.

Make the upgrade system a mix of Dark and Demons, the upgrade paths of Demons, with the titanite of Dark, I hated having to gather resources in Demons Souls, but I loved the different upgrade paths.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:17 pm

It will have a new director (not Miyazaki, which will serve only as a supervisor), and server-based multiplayer. Let's just hope Miyazaki doesn't let them ruin the game.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:32 pm

What I love to see:

• Combat: A better move set on the weapons we'll get with a need to revise our combat style to take on different enemies. The ablity to use duel weapons since in Darks Souls I just can't make use of. Finally, make some bosses as hard as Gwyn to really make us think how to beat them.
    • NPCs: I always wanted the NPCs here to have a larger part of our game progess. Lautrec was good as a issue for those that saved him, but it wasn't enough for me. Make it so that we question who is helping us, and who is trying to kill us.
    • PvP/Summoning: Get rid of anything that has lag. Someone already asked about invading if you kill the area boss.

Thats it for the moment, and after looking at some things, this might turn out to be way better than the first. I'm not getting too hyped up yet, but I'm really looking forward to this.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:49 pm

Heres an idea for the ultra greatswords the first hit would stun them, and the second would send them flying. The reason for this is so the greatswords cant stunlock enemys 4 times (which is useually more than enough to kill) so on the second hit would be an attack thats strong enough to throw the enemy on the ground.

Backstab cooldown time: After you backstab somebody you cant backstab them until 2 seconds after they are on their feet. This will eliminate chain bsing for the most part.

No more crit buff ring: In this case im speaking of the hornets ring, like sombody else has mentioned let the weapons criticle% be the deciding factor on how much of a bs bonus is given not a 25% auto ring boost.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:55 pm

T-King-667 wrote:Heres an idea for the ultra greatswords the first hit would stun them, and the second would send them flying. The reason for this is so the greatswords cant stunlock enemys 4 times (which is useually more than enough to kill) so on the second hit would be an attack thats strong enough to throw the enemy on the ground.

Backstab cooldown time: After you backstab somebody you cant backstab them until 2 seconds after they are on their feet. This will eliminate chain bsing for the most part.

No more crit buff ring: In this case im speaking of the hornets ring, like sombody else has mentioned let the weapons criticle% be the deciding factor on how much of a bs bonus is given not a 25% auto ring boost.

I agree...the crit bonus needs to be more varied too, and be less prominent in stronger weapons. The crit bonus for ultra-greatswords should not be the same as katanas...just an example.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:58 pm

I love the Hornet Ring. The animation is so awesome. I won't use it for PvP, but it's fun as hell in PvE. I'd love a similar item in II, with even more unique rip' animations; especially for the whips.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:14 pm

Mana system, plz.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:15 pm

things i want; hyper armor for str weapons, more movesets for weapons since theyre lal pretty much the same in each category which gets REALLY boring, bosses that are almost impossible to beat by yourself(this is from mh series), make them optional and harder when people join you so that it still really freaking hard to beat even with two summons. upgrading paths like demon's souls(they were much better imo).

things i dont want; a linear storyline, difficulty levels, items of any kind that boost vit/end/etc. cant think of anything else at the moment.
    PwnasauresRex
    PwnasauresRex
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PwnasauresRex Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:33 pm

All I ask for is an option for facial hair...i want a full grown grizzly adams beard....
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:40 pm

Wandering enemies, better AI, inability to pull mobs one-by-one.

I'd also like difficulty to increase much further than NG+6. Keep it going till it gets so hard that your maxed out weapons with maxed out stats can't 1-shot riposte even the weakest mob. Along those lines I'd like bosses' ferocity to increase incrementally with each NG+.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:48 pm

PARTY. FRICKING. CHAT.

That is all.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:53 pm

callipygias wrote:Wandering enemies, better AI, inability to pull mobs one-by-one.

I'd also like difficulty to increase much further than NG+6. Keep it going till it gets so hard that your maxed out weapons with maxed out stats can't 1-shot riposte even the weakest mob. Along those lines I'd like bosses' ferocity to increase incrementally with each NG+.

This and make the beginning bosses in NG+ have 5x instead of 3x health to make them not pushovers. I would also like NG++ to be 10% instead of 7% and increase infinitely.

I would also like things you can only get in NG+. Perhaps new NPCs, storylines, weapons, upgrades, items, etc etc. Give us a GOOD reason to get to NG++++++ on our characters. I would also like to see new or different enemy distributions on NG+. Most players don't even play NG+ because they see it as pointless. Basically just don't make it pointless.

Like has been discussed before we need a slot for items like the cat covenant ring and calamity ring.

We also need to make the calamity ring or items like it either a starting gift or accessible right from the beginning.

I would also like to see a dedicated PvP mode that works just a modern FPS. You can gain levels which give you souls to buy things like stat upgrades, weapon upgrades, items, perks (like take 10% less backstab damage). It could be an entire metagame all it's own. These characters would be 100% separate from the main game.

Covenants could be greatly expanded (and I really think they will be). They need to make it so you REALLY want to level up in a covenant and stick with it. You could take pride in the fact that you are a +5 sunbro and can launch super lightning missles because you helped so many of your fellow sunbros down bosses.

There is so much I could write so I'll stop now so that people will actually read this. big grin

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:56 pm

1. Improvement on the "Raw" upgrade path and the inclusion of a "Poison" upgrade path.
    2. Curse not being an instant-kill, but instead just permanently halving our HP. Also, new status aliments for example such as "Fatigue" which decrease stamina regeneration (A bit similar effect to fatigue in MH).
    3. Weaker critical rates for large weapons.
    4. A Dragon God/Bed of Chaos fight done RIGHT. No repeat of Ceaseless Discharge (the design).
    5. A return of Old Monk boss fight as an optional boss or maybe a repeatable boss fight.
    6. More bosses with less basic strategies (Queelag's blind spot, Stray Demon, Gaping Dragon,etc); more bosses like Manus, Artorias, O&S. No repeat of Gwyn.
    7) More variety in terms of bolts.
    8) An improvement on dual-wielding
    9) Better overall rings (Some rings are kind of useless)
    10) Better tutorial
    11) Rewards for maxed covenant ranks
    12) How about a Gravelord Mode?
    Hyena
    Hyena

Post by Hyena Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Obviously I want tie-ins to the original.
    One character I was fascinated with, but was kept relatively obscure, was Havel the Rock. I'd like more info on him, for sure.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:02 pm

Seignar wrote:1. Improvement on the "Raw" upgrade path and the inclusion of a "Poison" upgrade path.
    2. Curse not being an instant-kill, but instead just permanently halving our HP. Also, new status aliments for example such as "Fatigue" which decrease stamina regeneration (A bit similar effect to fatigue in MH).
    4. A Dragon God/Bed of Chaos fight done RIGHT. No repeat of Ceaseless Discharge (the design).
    5. A return of Old Monk boss fight as an optional boss or maybe a repeatable boss fight.
    6. More bosses with less basic strategies (Queelag's blind spot, Stray Demon, Gaping Dragon,etc); more bosses like Manus, Artorias, O&S. No repeat of Gwyn.
    10) Better tutorial
    I like the idea of a status effect that drains or slows down the regen of stamina, it would be useful for a slow build that can't keep up with the faster ones.
    Hyena
    Hyena

Post by Hyena Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:03 pm

Seignar wrote:1. Improvement on the "Raw" upgrade path and the inclusion of a "Poison" upgrade path.
    10) Better tutorial

About number 10...
    That's one thing I really liked about Dark Souls. It only just had enough to get you going, but didn't hold your hand or slow down the pace with tutorial popups.
    I think the "tutorial" was perfect.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:09 pm

What I meant by better tutorial is that it actually tells you ALL of your controls and not just some of the basic ones (It can be helpful if they teach me I can throw escape, jump, quick descend ladders, etc.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:53 am