Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
billy_bayonet
whitechikz11
Rin
LordRevan
nsane32
Slarg232
10 posters

[WiP] Gladiators of Gwyn

Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

[WiP] Gladiators of Gwyn Empty [WiP] Gladiators of Gwyn

Post by Slarg232 Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:27 pm

Or quite possibly Gwyn's Gladiators.

Making this now to get a feel for how people would respond to this sort of thing. The idea is that people can change the way they build their characters, but Duels are always going to be mostly the same. That's why we, The Gladiators of Gwyn, are going to change where we fight, for the joy, amusement, and entertainment of our lord Gwyn.

Shall we fight in areas that are large and circular? No. We shall fight across wider areas, filled with pitfalls, multiple levels, and shenanegans. We shall fight over not a ring, but over an arena! We. Shall. Fight. In. The. Shade! This shall allow multiple build types to thrive in different arenas, but every build shall have to fight at every arena during a Tourny.

REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN!
    The Gladiators care not as to what your history is! All we require is that you follow our rules and are in possession of the Red Sign Soapstone. If you want to PVP in your spare time, go right ahead. Do you want to gank 3v1? Go right ahead. Engage in Jolly Cooperation? It matters not! The Gladiators shall arrange fights with eachother for prestige and bragging rights, any time you are not challenged you are free to play with whomever you want, even joining a different Usermade Covenant!

RULES AND REGULATIONS!
    We have few rules; Any and every Gladiator MUST be built within the specifications of the Arena (See: Character Build Rules, below). During a Gladiatorial Game, you must face your opponent(s) and perform one (1) Gesture to symbolize you are ready; it can be any gesture, not just bow. During a fight, there are only two major rules; No healing items (Miracles are fine), and no Chain Backstabbing (Yes it's easy to avoid, but it's not flashy, which any good Gladiator knows is most important).
    Tournements will be judged upon two things; Victories, and Style. Naturally the victorious warrior shall be crowned, but those whom boast considerable style, flair, or pizzazz are also favored by the gods. This could mean fighting nekkid, fighting using a STR weapon on a Dex build, creative use of terrain, or similar. The gods love a good show, and we intend to give it to them!

CHARACTER BUILD RULES
    All Gladiators must be built within these specifications:
    -SL 20
    -No Ascended Pyro Flames (+15 is fine)
    -No Hornet Ring (Backstabs at SL 20 are dangerous enough)
    -No non-Great weapon (Great Axe, Great Sword, Great Hammer, Great Curved Swords categories) may deal more than 250 combined damage per hit. Scaling is NOT taken into account for this.
    Upon entering your Build into a Tournement, you are stuck with that build for the entire thing; there will be no weapon swapping, no changing of armor, or anything of the sort. As an example, if you put your build in as a Crest Sheild, a Lightning Estoc +5, and Chaos Ricard's Rapier, and then suddenly show up with a Lightning Whip, you shall be disqualified for displeasing the gods. Builds are 100% free to be changed in between Tournies, just not inbetween rounds (Or rather, arena's).

SANCTIONED GLADIATORIAL ARENAS!
    The Bridge
    The Township
    The Rafters
    The Bridge is located right before Ceaseless Discharge. It favors Endurance builds, as most attempts to dodge are met with falling 1000 feet into the Chaos Lava. The Gods love these fights, as there is no where to go, just two mortals trying to kill eachother for their amusement.
    Starting Locations: Opposite sides of the bridge.
    The Township is when you walk into Undead Burg from Firelink Shrine, before the first fog gate. It has chokepoints, multiple levels, ladders, drop points, and multiple ways of accessing most areas. It is, for all intents and purposes, the Standard Arena.
    Starting Locations: Top floor, in the center of the arena.
    The Rafters are located above the Painting of Ariamis. Ranged Gladiators will love this arena, as will anyone with proper coordination. You must be careful, as one misplaced roll will result in a swift death.
    Starting Locations: Opposite ends (One above the Painting, the other above Gwynevere)
    More to come. Please note that it is the Hosts job to rid the Arena's of any creatures by any means necessary, and he is allowed to heal to full health before the fight begins.
    Please note that for Tournements, it MAY or MAY NOT be plausible that a build SOLELY to work on one arena will be given disfavorable odds on that arena; For insance, someone whom has the Dragon Slayer Bow may possibly find themselves fighting two or even three people per match on the Rafters. Likewise, a warrier in Black Iron Armor with a greatsword and a Greatsheild may find themselves outnumbered on The Bridge.

MEMBER LIST
    Anyone is allowed to join, as long as they follow our rules. Anyone is allowed to challenge a fellow member, setting up any rules they wish in their non-sanctioned fights. Just post in this thread if you wish to Please the Gods!

Xbox 360
    1. Slarg232 (GT: Slarg232)
    2. Rudmed
    3. TheSorrowedMan

PS3
    1. Wilconsin3424

Contact myself on the Xbox 360, this thread, or if your a PS3 player, Wilkonsin for joining.

Last edited by Slarg232 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:35 pm; edited 7 times in total
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

[WiP] Gladiators of Gwyn Empty Re: [WiP] Gladiators of Gwyn

Post by nsane32 Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:51 pm

POLG could overwatch your Arena also I will give you all the support you need
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:56 pm

I really like the idea. Especially since it's such a low SL.
    Will make for some interesting matches. Just make sure that the Pyro won't
    be too strong.

Unfortunately I can't play due to a dead Xbox sad
    But if you'd like some help with organisation and promotion etc. Then I'd be glad to give you a hand happy

Oh also, your second option Gwyn's Gladiators sounds a bit better to me
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:09 pm

nsane32 wrote:POLG could overwatch your Arena also I will give you all the support you need

I thank you, good Legionnaire! It all depends on the matches; if we have any 3v1s, you won't be able to fit in there. sad
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:13 pm

LordRevan wrote:I really like the idea. Especially since it's such a low SL.
    Will make for some interesting matches. Just make sure that the Pyro won't
    be too strong.

Unfortunately I can't play due to a dead Xbox sad
    But if you'd like some help with organisation and promotion etc. Then I'd be glad to give you a hand happy

Oh also, your second option Gwyn's Gladiators sounds a bit better to me

Thank you, I would appreciate any help I could get. I am but a humble servant of our Lord Gwyn, ment to entertain him, nothing more. Promotions, Organising? These are not my things.

And that's why I cut off the Masks (Aside from the DLC point of veiw); creates more build diversity. There isn't anything stopping someone from going Havels/heavy Armor, but at least they can't do it with Fathers and a Ring slot left over.I wouldn't have put a limit on the DWGR if I knew people wouldn't abuse the 50% part of it....
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:14 pm

i would instead recommend doing it in BT were the swamp would make the fight more interesting or in LI were the lava and the fact you need an extra ring would make it difficult for low levels...
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:15 pm

Yeah. Your rules sound very reasonable to me.

One other thing could be the Hornet ring. At SL 20 HP is obviously very small, so whether you allow that you might want to think about.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:16 pm

Rin wrote:i would instead recommend doing it in BT were the swamp would make the fight more interesting or in LI were the lava and the fact you need an extra ring would make it difficult for low levels...

I think the Bugs and the Lag would make the BT swamp inadequate. But Lost Izalith could work well.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:20 pm

Rin wrote:i would instead recommend doing it in BT were the swamp would make the fight more interesting or in LI were the lava and the fact you need an extra ring would make it difficult for low levels...

I am currently evaluating Blight Town for any suitable plots of land to turn into Arenas. However, I would NEVER force anyone to use up a Ring slot; that restricts builds, not encourages them. If there were to take the Orange Charred Ring for the Izalith Arena, they would be at a major disadvantage in the rest of them, but the lava would screw anyone over who didn't have the ring.

The goal is to make certain builds more appealing in certain areas, not to make certain things required silly
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:22 pm

LordRevan wrote:Yeah. Your rules sound very reasonable to me.

One other thing could be the Hornet ring. At SL 20 HP is obviously very small, so whether you allow that you might want to think about.

Good catch. Most weapons will still one shot kill anyone not in heavy armor at that range anyway.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:32 pm

Yeah especially since I would assume its mostly Elementals at that SL. But could make things a little more far if it wasn't always OHKO from Full HP
    whitechikz11
    whitechikz11
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by whitechikz11 Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:00 pm

Gwyn also has gladiators besides protectors, nice
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:48 pm

Those who are about to die solute you!
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:32 am

I could make you a Wiki page under User Covenants to try attract more members, if you'd like?
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:24 pm

If you could please? I only have one Ethernet Cable right now, so it's not going to jump up right away. Should have gotten it in the mail today, but meh.

Just moved to college, only brought one for my computer in my stupidity.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:31 pm

Nevermind, Mugenmonkey ain't working for me :*(
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:41 am

Here's a quick draft page I made for the Covenant just using the info from this thread.
    I didn't add it to the list of User Covenants yet incase you would like to edit it first.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Gwyn%27s+Gladiators

Feel free to change anything, or let me know and I can change it for you.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:25 pm

May i offer a suggestion if your gonna have a LowSL you may aswell have level approariate weapons, if your gonna use a ltng Zwei make it base level +5 just to make the fights last abit longer, maybe Normal weapon+10? and special weapons +2? elementals base?
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:12 pm

LordRevan wrote:Here's a quick draft page I made for the Covenant just using the info from this thread.
    I didn't add it to the list of User Covenants yet incase you would like to edit it first.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Gwyn%27s+Gladiators

Feel free to change anything, or let me know and I can change it for you.

Looks good as of now, I'll try to rewrite it to make it a little more coherent/propa.

@ Billy; Possibly, I dunno. I fear that doing that will make everyone want to go glass cannon since they can't be one shotted, where as leaving every melee weapon at the proper level asks the player to choose to survive a couple of hits via high armor/resistance, or go Glass Cannon. Will have to see how it goes initially.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Each to there own mate but having end game gear in a group SL20's will result in very short fights, good luck to you though
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:21 pm

I'd say you'd have to give it a try to tell for sure. But just having a guess I would probably say going Billy's way with everything at a max of 2/3 upgraded (+10 normal, +5 fire, lightning base etc, just like he said. xcept maybe +3 special)is probably a good idea.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:15 pm

We must do resawch! (/Jackie Chan's Uncle)

But my Internet Cord came in the mail today, just need to wait for the office to open up for me to get it big grin

Nevermind..... Cloths, but no cord....
    Ser Isaac
    Ser Isaac
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ser Isaac Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:59 pm

Can the fights only by Normals +5? With Resins.

When I was doing a SL20 invasions I was mainly one-hitted by +3-5 Elemental weapons. Then it switched to Two hits with added HP from RoFaP
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:18 pm

Ser Isaac wrote:Can the fights only by Normals +5? With Resins.

When I was doing a SL20 invasions I was mainly one-hitted by +3-5 Elemental weapons. Then it switched to Two hits with added HP from RoFaP

How about Normal +10, Tier 1 +5, Tier 2 +0. So Normal +10, Raw, Fire, Divine, Magic +5, Crystal, Lightning, Chaos, Occult, Twinkling, Dragon, Deamon +0?
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:28 pm

Ok, got my Interent cord, but have to wait for my Xbox to get accepted.

Can I have a head count as to the number of people interested?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:30 am