Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Juutas
TehInfamousAmos
RaffoSS
Ghadis_God
dancash1808
RANT
Slarg232
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
DxV04
WyrmHero
Rifter7
15 posters

Mask of the Father *spoiler*

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Mask of the Father *spoiler* - Page 2 Empty Re: Mask of the Father *spoiler*

Post by WyrmHero Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:48 pm

Actually, Symbol of Avarice drains less HP now. silly
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:05 am

You moved, Ghadis?
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:18 am

Ghadis_God wrote:
    Rifter7 wrote:and in case someone thinks that this is the end of mom users, or gankers, or giants or whatever you might think..

http://tinyurl.com/95yvj7y
    That's actually a pretty weak build. Yeah it has a ton of health and fast roll, but it only has a ton of health and fast roll. 56 poise means a UGS stunlock, rather than the giants who had 76 poise in the past, and that nerfed elemental rapier (not included on mugenmonkey yet btw) will be a worthless weapon. WoG will be weaker with no dex for cast speed and only base req. faith. I'd love to tear a build like this apart, and as for ganking? It couldn't kill my SL 260 if I let it bs me twice. Looks like the lower poise will see my DGM in heavy use in the forest once more.

toggle ugs.
    ele rapier is replaced by the new crit weapon. all that things there for is chainstabs.
    when you're stuck in twop the cast speed doesn't matter as much when you're spamming wotg.
    hahah.. i can make one if you'd like to try. i'd rather fight with a real build tho mind you.
    RaffoSS
    Casual
    Casual

Post by RaffoSS Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:05 am

I know MoF kinda sucks now. But it's perfect for my build ahaha..

40 stamina----> Mof + Giant pieces, Claymore, Demon Spear, Grass Crest shield and talisman..

Ring Fap + xxx (i usually run Cloranthy).

50,3/100,8 weight...Guess i got lucky.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:31 am

Wait... You want forest ganker builds?

@120: http://tinyurl.com/96dlq3b

@99: http://tinyurl.com/8lf6jh3
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:43 am

I'm glad.

Masks look so damn stupid that they burn my eyesockets. I consider one mask less in the PvP a victory.
    I never thought that masks are OP or anything, but there was no reason to put on anything else on than masks or crown of dusk.
    So far I like almost all the changes that the new patch provided, but there is few things I don't get...why they buffed the 2H katana speed and chaos pyro? I use katana, but I don't think buffing the 2H speed was necessary at all and chaos pyro was pretty damn powerful to start with.
    In the end people just have to adjust to the patch changes. I wouldn't stop using my favourite gear even if it would be nerfed to be half as effective...actually I HOPE they nerf katana dmg so everyone stops whining about them and I can play in peace.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:28 am

This nerfing of all masks is once again a great change that I agree with. Ganker/cookie cutter builds have been further weakened to my delight.

On another note, my katana is now faster! yay!

Chaos Pyro got stronger too eh? might have to burn the 2 slots for a fireball in that case
    silly

I am sure next year, they will further balance this game out with even more reasonable changes. Nixing most of the glitches far as BB/dragon head was a good idea too. Brings the challenge back to pve. Pvp builds become time consuming thus more important to actually think out and master what you have to work with.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:14 pm

Yeah FROM nerfs things a little too hard sometimes. An easy fix would be make MoM and MoF both work like Childs, whose advantage is always the same.

MoM gives 200 HP
    MoF gives 10 EL

These numbers are just examples, but strengthens the idea of diminishing returns, rather than strengthening returns, as they used to (still do, but are nerfed pretty bad). I daresay the MoM isn't worthless, and MoC is just fine still, but MoF is worthless, unless looking drugged out and crazy is part of your build.

Mask of the Father *spoiler* - Page 2 4174989374
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:29 pm

See I dont like that ICE because its power to the griefers at low levels.
    I would prefer a scaling by your SL as I said a few pages back....
    (also child is static but stamina does not suffer from diminishing returns in nearly the same way as other stats)
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:33 pm

I do wish a lot more things scaled with SL too, good suggestions, I didn't see it.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:38 pm

Hang on katana's needed buffing? *has visions of an increased speed washing pole*
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

and yeah the masks thing was the middle of the last page silly
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:03 pm

making katanass faster is the stupidest thing they couldve ever done, kinda bummed about that bs.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:06 pm

If they are faster that means they can stunlock you for more hits. I usually just roll out after 2 hits...
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:09 pm

I'm already having DeS flashbacks of pushlocking asian sword wielding grievers.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:09 pm

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU FROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:10 pm

Umbassa Zealot wrote:I'm already having DeS flashbacks of pushlocking asian sword wielding grievers.

YEP, that's pretty much what everyone is gonna do.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:15 pm

Well I used to think katana's were pretty terrible (barring the WP) so maybe this will help them out I'm just annoyed the swingspear is getting buffed too.
    kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by kazumoshi Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:45 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Hang on katana's needed buffing? *has visions of an increased speed washing pole*

Washing pole might be a bit faster, but it's scaling is DD now, and that actually makes it one of the weakest katanas in AR
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:49 pm

kazumoshi wrote:
    dancash1808 wrote:Hang on katana's needed buffing? *has visions of an increased speed washing pole*

Washing pole might be a bit faster, but it's scaling is DD now, and that actually makes it one of the weakest katanas in AR

wp is really good for a 40/40 build, that thing hits hard and even in base stats you buff plus lag it is so annoying to fight.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:56 pm

It was D/C before once you got it to +15 are you saying that has been knocked down? and I dislike it because it gets covered in goop and used to outrange me not because of its base AR
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:03 pm

A buffed WP is the terror. In a small to medium-sized stage such as the Burg that weapon has almost 100% area coverage due to lag. :|

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:45 am