Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+28
Jansports
Serious_Much
WyrmHero
Tristan
Derpwraith
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
carlucio
reim0027
cloudyeki
DxV04
Reaperfan
IV_Mark_VI
Slarg232
lordgodofhell
DarkW17
dancash1808
Spurgun
Tolvo
Bcc17
XuitusTheGreat
RANT
StockpileThomas
FruitPunchNinja
Knight Alundil
Juutas
nsane32
ICEFANG
Wade_Wilson
32 posters

PvP is dead.

Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

PvP is dead. - Page 2 Empty Re: PvP is dead.

Post by Slarg232 Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:42 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:PvP is a joke. Everyone uses the same cookie cutter builds, uses the same retarded tactics, uses the same broken equipment that From soft still haven't nerfed. All of this is compounded by the stupid connection issues that seem to occur only for me. The arena in the DLC won't do squat, because the PvP is, and forever will be, inherently broken.

Have you looked into the User Made Covenents part of the forum recently? You might want to check out Gwyn's Gladiators, and you could be Big Fella for the PS3 side of it.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:48 pm

That being all said, there will be "top tier" equipment/build choices, and people will make those choices.

Also, there is a large amount of people that just ask "what is best" and without knowledge, they go with what is commonly thought of the best (Giants/MoM/DWGR).

I think it's the 2nd option that kills it more than the first.

It's like a lot of brand names; what is the best cars out there? Well, people look up expert opinions, because they don't have time to research all of them. So they take up common ones (Honda, Toyota for example). This leads to more of these cars on the street, which reinforces the belief they are better cars.

There's other choices out there; just spread the word!
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:33 pm

Here's an excerpt from one of the first posts I ever made:

"My problem with the Darkwood Grain Ring is not what it does, I acually like the idea that it allows a way to cover up a weakness of heavy armor. My problem is the path I see things headed with it's current functionality, when everyone realizes they can not only tank up all the damage with heavy gear but also be able to roll around and dodge almost all the damage too. The tactic would become far too effective and create too little variety in builds, causing stagnation in the PvP environment with everyone eventually running the same thing."

Here's a link to the source, just for verification purposes. Near the end of my second post is this excerpt.

Notice the date? November 23, 2011. Barely more than a month after the game's NA release. A little more than 9 whole months ago. I'm not one to toot my own horn much, but I called it. Just saiyan.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:40 pm

I might get told to buzz off but you should have check out the Tour we had a huge variety of players plus you never now who you would invade or be invaded by. Of course once you saw the the name you would know. But if you have 3 4 or 5 gravelord sigs on the ground you would not know who you are invading.
    Why don't you give the Tour a chance.

I see this a lot lately people bored etc, however this has proven to be a lot of fun for the participants. Unfortunately for me I have missed half the meetings because of my job.

Not trying to start anything just saying there is another option.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:45 pm

Cheer up, man, there's always a silver lining. I've found the burg a bit cramped for dead angles. So I moved to dark londo, killing everyone who's stuck on the lock-on crutch.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:48 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:Now even the community is inherently broken. There's a perpetuating mindset that one must use the best equipment to win. I can't remember the last time I fought someone who played for fun.
    You have to remember that fun is subjective. For some, it is making the most powerful build then can and then using that build. For some, it is about winning. There is nothing wrong with that. We all play differently. Your idea of fun may not align with other's, but that's OK. Personally, I'm having a lot of fun doing invasions, duels, and hunting.
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:49 pm

what i don't like about dark souls pvp is how people abuse of lag, we play in global servers, there will always be lag, but it's ridiculous to see people taking advantage of it, pvp is not worth prizes, you won't get money playing it, there is no reason to no try having fun in a fair match.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:50 pm

when are you usually hunting reim? ive never ran into you while im hunting too. hopefully wwe can kick some ganker *** together one of these random invasions.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:06 pm

The changes in the DLC will fix a lot of those issues, not all but a few for certain. However, I'm sure it will create some others I've heard some horror stories about the Obsidian Sword, I hope it's just people overreacting a bit and that the thing isn't as OP as it's made out to be, but who knows.

And if all else fails, that's why Gwyn invented Dung Pies. Don't fight these clones, rather, just drop a Dung Pie. Your displeasure will be made glaringly clear.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:46 pm

Rant - I'm invading most nights, same time as usual. I'm invading Anor at 40 and 55. I'm hunting at 380.
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:56 pm

Don't you mean, Pvp is UNDEAD? ;D
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:12 pm

I was going to put this in a similar thread by me but I agree with the op

http://tinyurl.com/9vz3nt8

I'm rocking this right now, working towards a 120 DW. I do 1200+ dmg in 4 hits and only take the guy down to half health. That's broken in my opinion. Additionally I faced a guy today that hit me with a L.HoV from 10 ft away. His hammer never actually hit me. After that I just gave up and let him finish me off. I am very close to shelving this game. I luckily blocked bs dmg with my mura or I would've flipped my lid. If I invade anywhere but the burg there are three of them. If I play in the burg I get lag and **** heads.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:18 pm

Haha. burg was worse than the forest for me tonight. not the chilled out warming down session I was expecting. spellswap glitchers and gankers ahoy!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:27 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:Now even the community is inherently broken. There's a perpetuating mindset that one must use the best equipment to win. I can't remember the last time I fought someone who played for fun.
    You have to remember that fun is subjective. For some, it is making the most powerful build then can and then using that build. For some, it is about winning. There is nothing wrong with that. We all play differently. Your idea of fun may not align with other's, but that's OK. Personally, I'm having a lot of fun doing invasions, duels, and hunting.

Motherfing this!!!!! Really if they have fun running in full giants and mom, well let them be!!! I love making powerful builds while trying to look original but hey, not everyone has that kind of dedication/time to go on thinking on exact builds looks and equipload. Most of the random guys don't know sites like mugenmonkey, so they just build whatever they see when they PvP or youtube!!! You have to think, oh I beat one more housewive while I look awesome/have skillz!!!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:28 pm

I just personally don't find it to be in the spirit of Dark Souls, but then again I bought the game to be challenged and that might not be why everyone purchases it.

Last edited by Tolvo on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:31 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:Nope, PS3. I would turn it into a drinking game where I would take a shot everytime someone invaded with family msk/flip ring/elemental weapon but I know I'd die of alcohol poisoning within the hour.

sounds like you can't take your alcohol very well silly

just wait till dlc wade, no more flipping mask havel/giants trolls, will be good, let alone all the other patching alterations
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:33 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:
    FruitPunchNinja wrote:the patches will greatly improve pvp, in my opinion. However, you can't take it so seriously. You can practice and get better, but its not going to be a super balanced game when it comes to pvp. It just can't be. If you wan't a game as balanced as a lot of us wish dark souls was, you need to be playing fighters.

PvP is meant to be taken seriously, it's the only part of the game left when you've played through the "story" mode enough times.

I do agree on this however. +8 months without a patch? In one of the most satisfying, complex and awesome PvP of this generation? This is laziness to the extreme.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 pm

Patches are a no profit thing. and in fact on xbox every patch past your first costs you money apparently.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:38 pm

Why have PvP then? By no patching you are losing profits by getting a bad impression from the new players. I wonder how many just ragequit thanks to grievers.
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:50 pm

I don't think from is the kind of company that puts profit before everything, i believe the patches have delayed by this DLC and PC version.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:52 pm

If profits are not its main aim directly or indirectly I am unsure if it is even a company silly

but I have to say it makes little financial sense to spend money fixing bugs in a game to appease players who have already shelled out for it. especially when the game is mainly PvE based.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:53 pm

Seriously guys, I think I may be on to something with my Covenent. I don't even have to lead it, I am perfectly happy letting someone else do it.

But the rules are:

SL 20
    No DWGR unless 25% (Lifted after DLC)
    No Family Masks (Lifted after DLC)
    No Hornet Ring (Backstabs will already be instant death, no need for it)
    Pyro Flame stays at +15

But what makes it the most unique? NON LINEAR ARENAS! We don't fight over circles, we have drops! We have jumps! We have different areas affecting different builds better! It will be a grand old time! But we need people to fight to the bitter death.

Sorry for the shameless plugging, but this thread right here (Well, ones like it) are exactly why I'm trying toshake it up so much.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:17 pm

After the DLC it wont be Giantmom and haveldads There will probably be less WotG spam as a side effect of the arena brackets.

There will be something new however, another form of highly optimized playing to win no fun allowed Fox only Final Destination type of player. I have a decent idea of what it'll be but I don't want to turn this into rampant speculation.

What I'm getting at is that no matter the parameters there WILL be builds that are more optimal than others, and players will gravitate towards those builds, even if they don't include masks and flipping.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:31 pm

It's time to wait for the DLC I guess.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:56 pm

its because you are level 120 and im going to assume in the burg. the burg is the "hardcore" area, try 80 in the PW or 60 at centerpeed. i get some mad people there, and a few genetic builds but i guess thats RPGs as a whole,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:10 am