Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
reim0027
Onion Knight
Spurgun
dr_calamitus
WarriorOfBenOwnage
dualcross
suleo
Serious_Much
carlucio
F3N.R1R
RaffoSS
Montante
H3adShotty
callipygias
ICEFANG
19 posters

On a scale of 1-10, how busy is the non arena PC souls, No spoilers.

Poll

How busy?

[ 6 ]
    On a scale of 1-10, how busy is the non arena PC souls, No spoilers. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap23%On a scale of 1-10, how busy is the non arena PC souls, No spoilers. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [23%] 
    [ 6 ]
    On a scale of 1-10, how busy is the non arena PC souls, No spoilers. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap23%On a scale of 1-10, how busy is the non arena PC souls, No spoilers. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [23%] 
    [ 5 ]
    On a scale of 1-10, how busy is the non arena PC souls, No spoilers. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%On a scale of 1-10, how busy is the non arena PC souls, No spoilers. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [19%] 
    [ 1 ]
    On a scale of 1-10, how busy is the non arena PC souls, No spoilers. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%On a scale of 1-10, how busy is the non arena PC souls, No spoilers. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 0 ]
    On a scale of 1-10, how busy is the non arena PC souls, No spoilers. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%On a scale of 1-10, how busy is the non arena PC souls, No spoilers. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 6 ]
    [ 1 ]
    On a scale of 1-10, how busy is the non arena PC souls, No spoilers. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%On a scale of 1-10, how busy is the non arena PC souls, No spoilers. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 0 ]
    On a scale of 1-10, how busy is the non arena PC souls, No spoilers. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%On a scale of 1-10, how busy is the non arena PC souls, No spoilers. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]

Total Votes: 26
    H3adShotty
    H3adShotty
    Addicted
    Addicted

On a scale of 1-10, how busy is the non arena PC souls, No spoilers. - Page 2 Empty Re: On a scale of 1-10, how busy is the non arena PC souls, No spoilers.

Post by H3adShotty Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:37 am

dr_calamitus wrote:
    H3adShotty wrote:
    dr_calamitus wrote:
    WarriorOfBenOwnage wrote:
    dr_calamitus wrote:

lower level pvp, try bieng SL 30 and using the red eye orb in the depths , or bump up 5-10 levels and go to sens, i even had insta invades for about an hour in blighttown untill i went to the depths ( slowing muck, mehhh)

its a matter of high traffic areas, people invade lots there, and plenty of people fish for invasions too.

again, i have had 0 issue pvping, its just summong people and the stupid amounts of sumoning failed i get in the process, but tis definatly not for a lack of signs

Problem being, I already tried that, and still got jack nothing. I don't even see more than one summon sign per area, and they never work. I've tried low level, it didn't work. I really don't know what to do. It seems like I could PvP based on the number of messages, I just can't find anything.

then you sir, are one unlucky ***, i only have that issue when im in the wrong level range for the area
    Level range really does play a huge part in being able to interact with other players, was only around level 8 in the burg, place was beaming with summons, 17-18 all the way through to the beginning of anor londo after that... guess either there may actually be connection issues with the servers, or everyone powerlevels to the sky so they have less chance of getting smacked around 100 times.

pretty much, the only issue i get with summoning isent for a lack of signs, but summoning failed over and over
    I'm hoping it's just something that From has to patch up, if not, it's either GfWL, or could be port related, but i don't see how it can be.
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

On a scale of 1-10, how busy is the non arena PC souls, No spoilers. - Page 2 Empty Re: On a scale of 1-10, how busy is the non arena PC souls, No spoilers.

Post by dr_calamitus Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:38 am

H3adShotty wrote:
    dr_calamitus wrote:
    H3adShotty wrote:
    dr_calamitus wrote:
    WarriorOfBenOwnage wrote:
    dr_calamitus wrote:

lower level pvp, try bieng SL 30 and using the red eye orb in the depths , or bump up 5-10 levels and go to sens, i even had insta invades for about an hour in blighttown untill i went to the depths ( slowing muck, mehhh)

its a matter of high traffic areas, people invade lots there, and plenty of people fish for invasions too.

again, i have had 0 issue pvping, its just summong people and the stupid amounts of sumoning failed i get in the process, but tis definatly not for a lack of signs

Problem being, I already tried that, and still got jack nothing. I don't even see more than one summon sign per area, and they never work. I've tried low level, it didn't work. I really don't know what to do. It seems like I could PvP based on the number of messages, I just can't find anything.

then you sir, are one unlucky ***, i only have that issue when im in the wrong level range for the area
    Level range really does play a huge part in being able to interact with other players, was only around level 8 in the burg, place was beaming with summons, 17-18 all the way through to the beginning of anor londo after that... guess either there may actually be connection issues with the servers, or everyone powerlevels to the sky so they have less chance of getting smacked around 100 times.

pretty much, the only issue i get with summoning isent for a lack of signs, but summoning failed over and over
    I'm hoping it's just something that From has to patch up, if not, it's either GfWL, or could be port related, but i don't see how it can be.

same issue was had on the console release, they had to patch it, so im assuming its somethinf from has to fix

http://callhim.virtbox.ru/schild.swf?namee=LJ just for you ^^
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:13 am

It takes different skill, being able to protect yourself from a CMW BSS at 50 VIT is different than protecting yourself from a Chaos BSS at 10 VIT. They are just different things. You can't say that low level takes more skill, especially basing it on PC, with no BB glitch, they probably aren't as powerful weapon wise as you are. The reason I prefer 80+, 120 my favorite, is because that puts a good balance between character, player, and weapons, instead of so much on weapons. If you want to fight where weapons matter most, why not play COD or Halo?
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:41 am

ICEFANG wrote:It takes different skill, being able to protect yourself from a CMW BSS at 50 VIT is different than protecting yourself from a Chaos BSS at 10 VIT. They are just different things. You can't say that low level takes more skill, especially basing it on PC, with no BB glitch, they probably aren't as powerful weapon wise as you are. The reason I prefer 80+, 120 my favorite, is because that puts a good balance between character, player, and weapons, instead of so much on weapons. If you want to fight where weapons matter most, why not play COD or Halo?

or , you can suck my ****

jk, i dont agree with you at all though, it takes more skill to survive and be good at lvl 10 then it does at 120, where you cant hide behind 50 vit

and, weapons always matter most, a 120 build with an unupgraded, unbuffed wep is going to lose to a 120 with that

unfortunatly, i dont think you pvp a lot in this game, or at alot of different SLS, so, get more experiance then come back and talk plz
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:45 am

I do tons of PvP, 80s and 120's mostly. When you have more experience playing 120, we can discuss that.

Of course weapons are weaker at level 10, and comparatively, 10 VIT is lower than 50 VIT, but it depends on the weapons of each player. Generalization in Dark Souls PvP is terrible, its so flexible and different each time.
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:47 am

ICEFANG wrote:I do tons of PvP, 80s and 120's mostly. When you have more experience playing 120, we can discuss that.

Of course weapons are weaker at level 10, and comparatively, 10 VIT is lower than 50 VIT, but it depends on the weapons of each player. Generalization in Dark Souls PvP is terrible, its so flexible and different each time.

ive pvped at 120 for 67 hours straight, yes i nerd it up quite hard at times, it is my most played braket other than 20, so , stfu please

generaliation is coming to darksouls, because people whine about things being op untill theres just standard build left.

vit spamming pvp is dead, who cares? if you think pvp is dead on the pc then dont take my word for it that its not, its just not the 120 bracket people jizzed over anymore, its whatever the *** you want bracket, and if oyu dont like it, then go back to console.

sorry to be so blunt, but you sir are an idiot for saying pvp is dead on the pc

ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:45 am

I shouldn't have to play at that level if I don't want to, if 120 was the old level and still has players. 67 hours is nothing, I've spend hundreds (around 320, yes I play a lot) of hours playing and winning a lot of games in Anor Londo and the Forest and the Burg, and that's just PvP. Its sad that someone could get so worked up over my opinion like that, considering that, PvP, at a certain level, can be dead for someone and not another, perhaps you don't understand very well, when I say dead, I mean lack of players, not dead in terms of how well the players are playing. All of the 8 players I've run across are all different and fun to play.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:50 am

I've had a lot of PvP in anor londo and in Alvinas forest. Not as frequent as on the PS3, but better than a most people say it is.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:52 am

For me summoning doesn't work . And I'm in the correct ranges (at least for the console) and I've been summoned once on all my sunbro characters . Feeling more and more like this port was a waste of time and money that I should of spent on other games.
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:05 pm

ICEFANG wrote:I shouldn't have to play at that level if I don't want to, if 120 was the old level and still has players. 67 hours is nothing, I've spend hundreds (around 320, yes I play a lot) of hours playing and winning a lot of games in Anor Londo and the Forest and the Burg, and that's just PvP. Its sad that someone could get so worked up over my opinion like that, considering that, PvP, at a certain level, can be dead for someone and not another, perhaps you don't understand very well, when I say dead, I mean lack of players, not dead in terms of how well the players are playing. All of the 8 players I've run across are all different and fun to play.

67 hours straight, i doubt youve done more than that, only breaks were food/weed/washroom

ive probably logged about 700 at that soul level,

ifs its not dead to one player, then its not dead at all.

you just dont like it, and if you dont like it, go back to the pns or xbl, because, your opinions suck even more than mine
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:46 pm

Let's get this back on topic. And, dr - keep your posts more respectful. All you are doing is escalating the argument.
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:20 pm

[quote="reim0027"]Let's get this back on topic. And, dr - keep your posts more respectful. All you are doing is escalating the argument.[/quot i can accept this, but respect is not my style brah, sry
    SEANB240
    SEANB240
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SEANB240 Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:12 pm

It just has the same issues the consoles went through.

Sometimes there will be no invasions, summon signs, etc at all. Some times it seems like there is no end to them. The number of failed summons and failed invasions is ridiculous, but I'm sure they'll work it out.

The game is by no means completely dead and I seriously doubt all the people that voted '1' have had absolutely zero online play.
    TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TonyDamajer Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:56 pm

SEANB240 wrote:It just has the same issues the consoles went through.

Sometimes there will be no invasions, summon signs, etc at all. Some times it seems like there is no end to them. The number of failed summons and failed invasions is ridiculous, but I'm sure they'll work it out.

The game is by no means completely dead and I seriously doubt all the people that voted '1' have had absolutely zero online play.
    how would you scale standing 2 hours in darkroot forest with your fog gate closed all the time but noone actually invading you at lvl 70
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:43 pm

SEANB240 wrote:It just has the same issues the consoles went through.

The game is by no means completely dead and I seriously doubt all the people that ins, sl 45voted '1' have had absolutely zero online play.

agreed, i was just in the forest for aobut 4 hours and the longest pause i had was aobut 5
    SEANB240
    SEANB240
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SEANB240 Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:03 pm

TonyDamajer wrote:
    how would you scale standing 2 hours in darkroot forest with your fog gate closed all the time but noone actually invading you at lvl 70

Oh, well that's that, game is dead, no online play whatsoever.

I'm sure at this point everyone has dealt with a similar situation, but to vote like the game is completely unpopulated and that this is the scenario for every area at every time of the day is crazy.
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:57 pm

SEANB240 wrote:
    TonyDamajer wrote:

Oh, well that's that, game is dead, no online play whatsoever.

I'm sure at this point everyone has dealt with a similar situation, but to vote like the game is completely unpopulated and that this is the scenario for every area at every time of the day is crazy.

by sl 70 mos tpeople realize that people just farm the kitties,
    try other areas, play only as a human, at that sl i had a lot of luck in twilondo, and the dlc, just after artorias

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:18 am

If you're in the forest and you have a fog gate but your not getting invaded then you should quit and restart the game. It works most of the time when the PvP is slow, i did several times when the forest slowed down a bit, and it helped every time.
    TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TonyDamajer Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:44 pm

Spurgun wrote:If you're in the forest and you have a fog gate but your not getting invaded then you should quit and restart the game. It works most of the time when the PvP is slow, i did several times when the forest slowed down a bit, and it helped every time.
    well yeah you have to restart at some point becouse you cant do anything besides challenging the boss.
    I had some pvp but with all the failed invasions/summons 90% of the time I see no reason to rate the online play above 1/10. I know that its not dead but the connection issues this game has for now makes it look like that and thats what you experience in the end.
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:44 pm

TonyDamajer wrote:
    Spurgun wrote:If you're in the forest and you have a fog gate but your not getting invaded then you should quit and restart the game. It works most of the time when the PvP is slow, i did several times when the forest slowed down a bit, and it helped every time.
    well yeah you have to restart at some point becouse you cant do anything besides challenging the boss.
    I had some pvp but with all the failed invasions/summons 90% of the time I see no reason to rate the online play above 1/10. I know that its not dead but the connection issues this game has for now makes it look like that and thats what you experience in the end.

well, i rated 10/10, because i get pvp every time i go there, if its slowing down i jump off a cliff, restock spells and go back!

i really dont know what your issues are, and i even have better luck summoning people in the woods!

also, sometimes hte guy i try to summon invades me o.O
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:15 pm

I aways summon people for boss fights and i'm usually summoned too, every freaking time i go to oolacile township or the dungeon i get invaded too, i dont know why you guys voted 0 for the online play... really
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WarriorOfBenOwnage Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:05 pm

Pesth wrote:I aways summon people for boss fights and i'm usually summoned too, every freaking time i go to oolacile township or the dungeon i get invaded too, i dont know why you guys voted 0 for the online play... really

Maybe because we can't get any online play? It's a subjective poll, and some of us can't get the online to work beyond a tiny amount.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:34 pm

Yeah, actually, most players can barely get any action, even though 1-10 is subjective to our opinions, 1 still means somewhere low. I get no action whatsoever, its insane.
    TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TonyDamajer Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:43 pm

dr_calamitus wrote:
    TonyDamajer wrote:

well, i rated 10/10, because i get pvp every time i go there, if its slowing down i jump off a cliff, restock spells and go back!

i really dont know what your issues are, and i even have better luck summoning people in the woods!

also, sometimes hte guy i try to summon invades me o.O
    So youre summoning phantoms to gank in the woods?

Anyways, maybe 1 is a little bit exaggerated but most people played on console and can compare the invasion rate with a big dissapointment on the pc side and thats why most votes are so low.
    1 doesnt mean zero invasions, but much lower than what we used to have.
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:12 am

Since DkS just appeared on PC, I'm new to that. And really, playing a hardcore game gets terribly unsatisfying when you get invaded happy You can hate me, and newfags like me, but I go Human only to trigger Kirk and Maneater invasions. Otherwise I keep safe silly
    Patience guys, just wait a bit till people get fed by PvE and start raising toons. Just a little bit...
    ed: I just took a look at YouTube records of DkS PVP like half a year ago and compared it to most recent vids. You can feel the difference between avg idle time between invasion from 20-30 minutes to 20-30 seconds in Anor Londo happy
    P.S. And hopefully From will fix the summon fails...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:30 am