Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Razielthemanslayer
reim0027
dancash1808
>Brave<
oregonav8r
dianaduh
PaPaSmVrf
Ghadis_God
Dubscythe
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Seignar
bjmacman
16 posters

<RESOLVED> Killing the Undead Merchant to get Uchigatana - is it worth it?

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

<RESOLVED> Killing the Undead Merchant to get Uchigatana - is it worth it? - Page 2 Empty Re: <RESOLVED> Killing the Undead Merchant to get Uchigatana - is it worth it?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:53 am

SlakeMoth wrote:I killed him once and felt really bad afterwards. He's a bit of creepy really (who or what is Yulia? Could he really have a washtub as a pet?) but the poor old thing is harmless. Some of his comments when you don't buy anything are priceless. I missed him after I killed him just for that.

Yulia is his Uchi.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

<RESOLVED> Killing the Undead Merchant to get Uchigatana - is it worth it? - Page 2 Empty Re: <RESOLVED> Killing the Undead Merchant to get Uchigatana - is it worth it?

Post by dancash1808 Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:29 pm

Yeah but with solaire you may as well kill him in the beginning if you are going to go for the armor you gain nothing by waiting (if you dont want the co op). the undead merchant is a whole different story
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:59 pm

I really don't see the advantage of NOT killing him.

As long as you buy his key(and arrows for the dragon) beforehand,there is no reason to not kill him.

Sure it might be sad but it's not like in the DLC after the Artorias's fight...well you get 2 awesome daggers for that sooooooooooo it's a bit the same at the end:Kill for more loots.

But I agree for Solaire,except for cosplay,I don't really think his armor is useful nor his shield so I have no reason to kill him...

...except if I find out that he's REALLY attracted to me :-°

Last edited by vatar5 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Used a censored word :/)
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:13 pm

vatar5 wrote:As long as you buy his key(and arrows for the dragon) beforehand,there is no reason to not kill him.

He sells Repair Powers and Lloyd's Talismans.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:59 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    vatar5 wrote:As long as you buy his key(and arrows for the dragon) beforehand,there is no reason to not kill him.

He sells Repair Powers and Lloyd's Talismans.

I can only find an use for repair powder in Lost Izalith and when you need it,you're not far away from a bonfire.

Also you have the sorcery "Repair" which has the advantage to cost less souls in a long run.

And for Lloyd's Talismans...I personnaly never used one or found the need to.
    While it's true you can use them on Mimic,you usually know about the Mimic's whereabout beforehand except if you throw it at every chest :/ and they're not hard to kill if you don't stop to move,shield raised.

Hmm...I wonder if Lloyd's Taliman works in PvP...
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:08 pm

Yep, works like a charm. And if you PVP in the forest, they're just as important as green blossoms...
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:08 pm

vatar5 wrote:Hmm...I wonder if Lloyd's Taliman works in PvP...

When you're an invader you can throw a Lloyd's at a host and it prevents them from using their Estus Flasks to recover health.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:15 pm