Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Is there any kind of damage formula for criticals?

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Is there any kind of damage formula for criticals? Empty Is there any kind of damage formula for criticals?

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Is the number for critical damage on a weapon a static amount, or does it scale at all? I know that weapons like daggers and bandit knives are typically for dexterity builds, but I was wondering if there would be any benefit to using one as a mage. I was thinking I might make one that is Enchanted. Would I still get backstabs comparable to that of a dex build?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Is there any kind of damage formula for criticals? Empty Re: Is there any kind of damage formula for criticals?

Post by Carphil Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Yes, because if you use it enchanted, it will scale with your INT, not your DEX. I have a enchanted estoc which scales A with INT, can't confirm right now how much scales with DEX
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Is there any kind of damage formula for criticals? Empty Re: Is there any kind of damage formula for criticals?

Post by JY4answer Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:09 pm

^ barely noticable stat bonuses from both str and dex.

Magic/enchanted/divine/occult weapons are there to change the stat scaling from str/dex/both to either int or faith. This is useful if you plan to have minimum str/dex and focus your stats on int/faith. Of course, str and dex both have their uses (str bonus benefits from 2handing a lot more, and dex speeds up casting of sorcery/miracle/pyro). So unless you really want to stay under a certain SL and focus on int/faith, using normal weapons and having some stats in str or dex is always useful.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:18 am