Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
inksoldier
BigTuktuk
mankind
AHK-HK
ChizFreak
FinPeku
Lord of Ash
blackphantom08
exphilip2121
ssss_2_is_pwnage
Serious_Much
XachAttack
RANT
Forum Pirate
Rifter7
billy_bayonet
schultz
Demon Slayer
Gaxe
The Once-Ler
Spurgun
VeranoChico
WyrmHero
Glutebrah
robsthedon
Jovias-86
TehInfamousAmos
DamageCK
ViralEnsign_
reim0027
34 posters

FC: No Holds Barred, SL 120 and 99, PSN

Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

FC: No Holds Barred, SL 120 and 99, PSN - Page 4 Empty Re: FC: No Holds Barred, SL 120 and 99, PSN

Post by Glutebrah Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:53 pm

if i face any one that BS fishes i will attempt to pivot BS you to the ground after swapping to my rapier hornet ring (thats what i do in random pvp, if i get annoyed from a fisher enough), and it will ruin the fun for me and you, so i dont recommend it.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

FC: No Holds Barred, SL 120 and 99, PSN - Page 4 Empty Re: FC: No Holds Barred, SL 120 and 99, PSN

Post by WyrmHero Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:56 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Reim I would like you to sticky this in place of my SL 99 arena. I think we should allow/ban this things to make it more like random PvP.

-No chain BS. Can backstab fish (would teach us/practice how to counter BS.

-No healing from humanity in duels. Can use the healing miracles. 1 humanity heal per FFA.

-Can turtle. Turtling is a viable tactic and can also teach us how to counter it.

-All rings allowed after DLC.

-SL 99-120

Tell me what do you think.

Bumping this to new page.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:57 pm

Glutebrah wrote:if i face any one that BS fishes i will attempt to pivot BS you to the ground after swapping to my rapier hornet ring (thats what i do in random pvp, if i get annoyed from a fisher enough), and it will ruin the fun for me and you, so i dont recommend it.

It won't because you used a viable tactic that will teach me to not BS fish you again.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:40 pm

all this no holds bar i think people are looking at it as an excuse to use cheap tatics. why not just say "fight how ever you want and how you fight out side of FC, if you normally fight using BS fishing, spell spamming, chain BSs do it, but don't pretend you do it so we can learn to counter it, just admit thats how you normally fight"

i don't get why people who claim they fight with honor, and don't use these tatics are so quick to jump on the bandwagon of wanting to use them in FC under the disguise "teaching you how to counter it" just fight like you normally fight.

i have rules of fighting i go by when ever in invade who ever it is because i dont find it fun using certain tatics, why would i want to use those tatics in FC? to limit the fun i have? and why would i want to participate in FC if i know everyone is going to purposely using these tactics more so then they normally do "so i can learn to counter then" when i can go to the undead burg and have 9 out of 10 fights be like the old FC used to be.

so instead of promoting BS fishing, etc, just let people fight how ever they want to, if they choose to BS fish, let them choose to, but don't give them a reason they can fall back on and say "well i was only doing it to help you learn to counter it"
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:48 pm

I don't understand why are you complaining.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:09 pm

we should not be promoting people to use these cheap tactics by telling them "its ok, it will help us learn to counter them". That encourages people who would normally not use such tactics to use them. Or people who normally use them can now use them under the cover "im not being cheap im trying to help you bro!"

we should just tell some one to fight how ever they want to, that way if they fight cheap they at least know they are fighting cheap and don't have an excuse for it other then "i choose to play this way"

and if BS fishing and other tatics are becoming encouraged because it mimics the "real world dueling" ill take my duels to undead burg in the "real world" where 9 out of ten duels are like the old FC.

Edit: one more thing, do you BS fish when not in fight club?? No? Only when against other fishers? Then why would out even want to do it in FC where none of us BS fish?

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:24 pm

Cheap is very relative and subjective. ie. When I began playing DkS I thought WoG spamming was cheap, now I think not. Only things I consider cheap right now is chain bs, TWoP and glitching/hacking.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:31 pm

i think the point glute is trying to make is why would we encourage annoying tactics when we can just go to the burg to practice how to counter those tactics, it makes no holds barred FC Pointless. the only good thing about it would be that we get to duel with friends.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:53 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Cheap is very relative and subjective. ie. When I began playing DkS I thought WoG spamming was cheap, now I think not. Only things I consider cheap right now is chain bs, TWoP and glitching/hacking.

i know cheap is all relative, im saying we shouldn't encourage people to use certain tactics some one would normally not use because they consider it cheap. because really, do you Fish for back stabs when you dual out side fight club? my guess is no, so why would you want to fish in FC?

now if you fish out side FC fine then fish in FC also, but don't pretend it is to help us counter it, just admit you fight like that.

RantFromRant wrote:i think the point glute is trying to make is why would we encourage annoying tactics when we can just go to the burg to practice how to counter those tactics, it makes no holds barred FC Pointless. the only good thing about it would be that we get to duel with friends.

i said i would rather dual in undead burg where only 1 out of 10 peole use annoying tactics, if FC is going to start encouraging them. i faced only a small hand full of players i would consider cheap by my strict standards. i learned you should never host the Burg because you get alot of cheap invaders, but if you invade the hosts 99% of the time fight great.

no holds bar should mean fight how ever you want, with out encouraging people to use tactics they wouldn't normally do.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:19 pm

one out of ten people use cheap tactics in the burg, you must really good luck, eight out of ten i meet there all they do is nothing but bs and i mean NOTHING and they do is try to bs me and NOTHING else and im the one that gets hatemail because i counter their bs and they call me a fisherFC: No Holds Barred, SL 120 and 99, PSN - Page 4 3358384175 i think its cause im using str weapons but come on im not *** fishing!
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:41 pm

RantFromRant wrote:one out of ten people use cheap tactics in the burg, you must really good luck, eight out of ten i meet there all they do is nothing but bs and i mean NOTHING and they do is try to bs me and NOTHING else and im the one that gets hatemail because i counter their bs and they call me a fisherFC: No Holds Barred, SL 120 and 99, PSN - Page 4 3358384175 i think its cause im using str weapons but come on im not *** fishing!

they are prolly waiting for you to swing once so they can easy BS on the long recovery time
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:41 pm

nope, they do it with whatever i bring. its funny seeign them trying to bs me when i unlock and r1 them to death.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:06 pm

I fight exactly the same (when I show) at fc as I do in randoms unless there are rules against it.

The reason I like FC isn't for rules, its because I can count on most of the members to at least keep me on my toes and at most kick the hell out of me. Its not that I'm dueling friends, its that my opponents are good enough that I'm not going to go on a 47 match win streak, which happens more than I would like.

(I don't actually get streaks above 20 very often, but I'm making a point.)
    My point is that fighting with rules is not the only point of an FC.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:16 pm

RantFromRant wrote:nope, they do it with whatever i bring. its funny seeign them trying to bs me when i unlock and r1 them to death.

i dunno last 3 nights i decided to try the Burg and i have been loving it, the only BS fisher i can remeber off the top my head was a grave lord guy (he was smoking).

i remeber one game i started ended up in a 4 man free for all naked fisting match with the host and 1 other red spamming force. this went on for about 20 mins.

another fight that stood out, i accidentally BSed the host we both flipped into each other and the BS animation went through but he took no damage so no harm no foul, but once he got up he kept turning his back to me and back stepping, this went on for about 2-3 mins of me refusing to BS him, but he wouldn't quit so finally i just gave him a bare fist BS. we then continued to fight and i ended up losing, he sent me a message saying i should of won because of the back stab.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:47 pm

And that's the whole point. Fighting with people you know. People who won't glitch, taunt, but still want to kick your arse. And, learning how to counter attacks, that you will find in the real world, is very helpful. In some ways, the original FC was too stringent, and my skills lessened because of this.

@W - I can't sticky a thread. Only an admin can do that.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:47 pm

I think I'de like to join as well. I'm not much of a fan of free for alls, but I think the chaos might help me think during future matches lol.

My PSN is HellDragoon5, I'm available pretty much all day until, at least, 11P.M EST. I've got a 120 rarin' to go.

Edit: I'll be online tomorrow, almost bedtime now lol.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:56 pm

Send me a FR and I'll add you to the chat: reim0027_5
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:44 am

Basically the only thing I do differently in this FC as opposed to any other is BS punish, and at this point we can all distinguish the difference between a punish and someone sprinting in to poise BS you. If you're casting spells (Wyrm haha) I'll punish that. Whiffed a jump attack, punish that. Parry spam, punished that. We get the difference. And typically in previous FC's I was particularly reserved regarding casting just because it seemed more like a strictly melee-oriented group back in the Sen's rooftop days. I'll bring out the pyro or miracle builds here and there, but even in this kind of FC I tend to shy away from aggressive casting out of personal preference and adjustment with regard to the other person's build. If we've both got casters, good deal. If theyte mostly melee, I'll go that route. Which is not to say the adjustment is due to any "rule", explicite or implied, that's just how I play generally. On the whole, I thought the night in the DM Tomb was pretty damn fun, and i'd definitely be open to doing it again.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:15 am

And the whole point of allowing a more or less unregulated playstyle isn't really to encourage people to play any dirtier than they would otherwise, at least not in my eyes. At this point it's just an experiment. We've done the whole "this stuff is allowed and all this other stuff isn't" FC events, and those were fun too. Now let's try something else. I don't see the harm in basically saying fight how you fight/want to be fought, especially within a group of players we're all familiar with, and the vast majority of which have more than enough skill to give you a run for your money without circle strafing the whole time.

In short, we've had plenty of FC groups that regulated tactics/playstyles and those were fine for what they were. At this point, if we're exploring different FC options it makes sense then to have events with fewer rules. And I really doubt any of the players who frequent FC events are going to take it as an invitation to start "trolling" other forum members because "there's no rule that says you can't TWoP and CSS people to death all night." Just doesn't strike me as that type of crowd.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:42 pm

Amen to that. To the contrary, many of us are more than willing to help teach counters to pvp tactics. I am thinking about starting a tactic and counter thread on its own and would appreciate input from other members.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:13 pm

FPN already has one but noone ever gets on.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:21 am

Bumping this to let you guys know I'm working on the sticky. It is basically the union of my SL 99 arena and this FC. Reim will you update the rules?
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:38 am

this fc is basically what i've been doing for the past 2 months with avg joes. it works pretty well.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:22 am

Which rules do you want to ammend? The only thing in the SL 99 one that I disagree with are the no roll BS rule. The rest are OK.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:24 am

Can I just say.. this really isn't no holds barred.

The only rules i'd say to keep would be to have max sl, allow all spells and encourage 3/4 ways, everything else is fair.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content