Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Bcc17
suleo
6 posters

Experience with dark spells (Spoilers, obviously)

suleo

Experience with dark spells (Spoilers, obviously) Empty Experience with dark spells (Spoilers, obviously)

Post by suleo Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:22 pm

I have an SL70 build that gets a ridiculous amount of win/loss ratio, due to the new spells. Here are some things I've found out about them.

Pursuers:
    * Don't dodge them sideways like HCSM. They will keep coming after you and nail you after you're done rolling. Instead, try to outlast them. I've seen people roll backwards several times (I do it to, it works), or run around me in a circle; that works too.
    * Pursuers DO NOT FIRE if the target is using hidden body or ring of fog.
    * You can block their damage with a greatshield. You'll still take damage but not too much. I've had take 80-200 damage when blocking with a stone guardian shield or havel's.

Beads:
    * Beads have a wide dispersion pattern and a quick cast. I can hit people almost 90 degrees to my side at close (but not point blank) range.
    * Be careful about doing a roll forward attack when against a bead user. I've nailed people when coming out of their roll in front of me for 1700 damage (no joke).
    * Side rolling and/or keeping to the sides is successful for avoiding them, but you still need to be careful, the outmost one might get you.
    * Beads (like all dark spells) can break your guard. If that happens, it's game over, since you won't be able to dodge the next bead shot.

Beads and pursuers together are a deadly combo. Cast pursuers, wait for dodging/running, cast beads right out of the roll. Any momentary stun and pursuers will catch up -> game over.

And if someone uses the pendant? That's what CSS is for.

Magic is pretty damn powerful now in PvP.
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Experience with dark spells (Spoilers, obviously) Empty Re: Experience with dark spells (Spoilers, obviously)

Post by Bcc17 Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:58 pm

Shush, don't tell people how to beat my babies. Also, Silver Pendant > all Dark Magic spells if timed right. Especially Pursuers.
    suleo

Experience with dark spells (Spoilers, obviously) Empty Re: Experience with dark spells (Spoilers, obviously)

Post by suleo Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:21 pm

Pendant stops dark magic, but while you're going through the ~2 second animation, I'm lining up a CSS...winking

You never attune ONLY dark spells.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:34 pm

Thankfully a fog ring + Artorias leggings shall save the day.
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Alara78 Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:09 am

I've been rocking a level 100 mage with great succes, exactly as you've said.

Cast Pursuers, then cast CSS if invader uses silver pendant, then cast Dark Beads.....it's almost always a guaranteed victory happy
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:30 am

Sorcery is a big deal in pvp now. It's not that Dark spells are themselves overwhelming (imo) but as you said using them in concert with CSS and a half decent weapon to punish obvious rolls makes them matter. Where are pre DLC even HCSM into CSS was a bit trite and not all that threatening.

Magic Iron shield +10 meet your new home, my left arm.
    CazzMatazz
    CazzMatazz

Post by CazzMatazz Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:00 am

This sounds very exiting.

What weapons do you guys recommend for going 40int for pvp?
    Guess buffable with CMW?

Edit:
    How do these stats look?
    http://tinyurl.com/ccza74q
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Alara78 Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:12 am

CazzMatazz wrote:This sounds very exiting.

What weapons do you guys recommend for going 40int for pvp?
    Guess buffable with CMW?

Edit:
    How do these stats look?
    http://tinyurl.com/ccza74q
    I myself use a +15 Uchigatana or +15 Baldetr Side Sword with CMW.
    Or if I don't use a buf, I like to use Velka's Rapier.
    CazzMatazz
    CazzMatazz

Post by CazzMatazz Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:18 am

But is uchi and Bss +15 worth it with low stats in dex and str?

Or is it better to go dex build with GMW and 16int splashed for Dark Bead?
    http://tinyurl.com/cv6ezzm
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:43 pm

suleo wrote:Pendant stops dark magic, but while you're going through the ~2 second animation, I'm lining up a CSS...winking

You never attune ONLY dark spells.

Silver Pendant's affect lasts for approx 1-2 seconds, so cast when your firing a dark spell, then roll out of the CSS' way. Easy peasy.
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Alara78 Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:58 pm

CazzMatazz wrote:But is uchi and Bss +15 worth it with low stats in dex and str?

Or is it better to go dex build with GMW and 16int splashed for Dark Bead?
    http://tinyurl.com/cv6ezzm
    I guess it might be, but my character is a caster primarily, and OHKO someone with Pursuers or Beads is worth it happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:58 am