Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
IHateTheFourKings
RANT
CakeThiefPro
TheWanderer101
Zeful
Sneezer
Aigaios
Juutas
CaligoIllioneus
Sentiel
Sargerus
15 posters

Dark Souls II World Map - POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Sargerus
    Sargerus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dark Souls II World Map - POSSIBLE SPOILERS  Empty Dark Souls II World Map - POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Post by Sargerus Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:59 am

Thanks to menaslg at reddit for this enhanced version Bow 

Dark Souls II World Map - POSSIBLE SPOILERS  7C6Jrtu

Full resolution here:
    https://i.imgur.com/7C6Jrtu.jpg
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Dark Souls II World Map - POSSIBLE SPOILERS  Empty Re: Dark Souls II World Map - POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Post by Sentiel Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:21 am

I actually find the weapons in the right corner far more interesting than the map. The axe and the sword look very nice. I hope they have cool movesets. ^^
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dark Souls II World Map - POSSIBLE SPOILERS  Empty Re: Dark Souls II World Map - POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Post by CaligoIllioneus Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:40 am

Oh hello. I don't log here in ages.

Anyways, that image is really interesting, not only the weapons (where you can see one of the swords used by the porcelain mask wearing assassins from the cinematic trailer) but the artbook...check closely, there's clearly a monster that looks very similar to the Balrog. It must be a boss...Flamelurker 2.0?

Dark Souls 2: You Shall Not Pass Edition.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:43 am

Can't wait to see that location where the armless giant is holding that tower/city Joy
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:49 am

Another interesting thing...if you check closely on the map, on the right just above the dragon, you can see a castle. We have seen it before on previous trailers.

What castle is it? Most likely the Painted World castle...see the images for comparison:

Dark Souls II World Map - POSSIBLE SPOILERS  Darksoulsii-11jpg-a90019_800w
    Dark Souls II World Map - POSSIBLE SPOILERS  Dark-souls-1jpg-a9001a_800w

So it seems we are going to see the land where the place was located before it was moved to the Painted World...interesting. This opens a lot of speculation.
    Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aigaios Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:37 am

There is no castle in the Painted World, its a colosseum also it looks much different. I could be wrong but the only similarity I see is the bridge.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:44 am

It's the old ruins of a castle. The courtyard is where the Phalanx are.

Both have the same bridge, both are built on a similar mountain, etc. Also the shot of the castle with the dragons in one of the trailers is exactly the same angle you fist see the Painted World in, which I don't think its a coincidence.

I don't think the circular rooms in the painted world are arenas (for example there are no chairs for the spectators), they look more like broken spires. Also there is a church in the Painted World (where the door the Annex key opens is) which fits more in a medieval castle or fort than in a colisseum
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:28 pm

I actually do see some similarities between those two pictures, but I also have to point out that Ariamis is a painting. Since it is a piece of art, it could only be inspired by the location from Dark Souls II, while having nothing else to do with it.
    Perhaps someone wanted to paint a post-apocalyptic version of the castle in winter. big grin
    Have you seen Gwynevere's rack? Everything is possible in this game. lol!
    Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aigaios Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:54 pm

CaligoIllioneus wrote:It's the old ruins of a castle. The courtyard is where the Phalanx are.

Both have the same bridge, both are built on a similar mountain, etc. Also the shot of the castle with the dragons in one of the trailers is exactly the same angle you fist see the Painted World in, which I don't think its a coincidence.

I don't think the circular rooms in the painted world are arenas (for example there are no chairs for the spectators), they look more like broken spires. Also there is a church in the Painted World (where the door the Annex key opens is) which fits more in a medieval castle or fort than in a colisseum
    The bridges are not the same, the one in the Painted World is much longer then the one seen on the seen on the trailer, the mountain in the Painted World is also much larger and the castle in the trailer is located closer to the bridge then the Painted World ruins.

Its true that From likes to reuse some location ideas and sure that might be the case here but I dont think that, that is the Painted World.

Also, to who ever is doing it this is my opinion so stop down reping me please.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:16 am

Pretty sure it was already confirmed that this would be the actual Ariamis, and that the Painted World was a separate thing that was inspired by the actual thing, or some such.
    Zeful

Post by Zeful Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:42 am

Sneezer wrote:Pretty sure it was already confirmed that this would be the actual Ariamis, and that the Painted World was a separate thing that was inspired by the actual thing, or some such.
    If it is the entire structure was bulldozed and rebuilt in full between Dark Souls 2 and the painting Ariamis made.

Because there are features of the Painted World that when "fixed" bare no resemblance to anything in the image. For example, the main tower of our castle in the teaser image? It's square, while the tower in the painted world is circular. And that's the most visible difference. The ground around it has different proportions, the water level is different, the whole trees vs no trees thing.

If they're the same location, then the building in that image will be completely erased and rebuilt in enough time for a thick stand of evergreens to grow on the island, we're talking better than 50 years and trending towards hundreds with the chronology of DkS.
    Sargerus
    Sargerus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sargerus Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:26 am

Sneezer wrote:Pretty sure it was already confirmed that this would be the actual Ariamis, and that the Painted World was a separate thing that was inspired by the actual thing, or some such.
    Nope, it was not confirmed, this is only a popular speculation. 

What it was confirmed is that the kingdom where the story takes place once prospered in the past but now has few survivors.
    TheWanderer101
    TheWanderer101
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheWanderer101 Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:01 am

I wonder what the skull in the forested area represents? An undead outbreak maybe?
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:41 am

TheWanderer101 wrote:I wonder what the skull in the forested area represents? An undead outbreak maybe?
    And I think that's a boat and river leading up to the skull so I wonder if that is where we start our quest as a traveller from across the sea braving this mighty land.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:20 am

Love the new redesign of the greataxe, looks badass.
    IHateTheFourKings
    IHateTheFourKings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by IHateTheFourKings Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:24 pm

I'm not in the "It's the in-game inspiration for Ariamis." camp. They're both structures atop large crags with bridges leading to them, but that's about the only similarity I see. It seems like a pretty big leap to assume they're connected based on that.
    OGS0ulsFAN
    OGS0ulsFAN

Post by OGS0ulsFAN Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:56 pm

the map seems incredable, personnally i love the large portion of forest and all the large towers, personally i hope they have a land of giants type area implented. it seems like everyone forgot about the land of giants.....
    OGS0ulsFAN
    OGS0ulsFAN

Post by OGS0ulsFAN Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:59 pm

CaligoIllioneus wrote:Oh hello. I don't log here in ages.

Anyways, that image is really interesting, not only the weapons (where you can see one of the swords used by the porcelain mask wearing assassins from the cinematic trailer) but the artbook...check closely, there's clearly a monster that looks very similar to the Balrog. It must be a boss...Flamelurker 2.0?

oh god.... he was never very fond of me 0.o..
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:40 pm

The neatest part, I find, is the "Map Key" in the upper left corner of the map. The Sun of Astora, which pretty much cements the fact that we will be adventuring in the homelands of the SunBros.

Edit: Also, the area at the bottom is VERY similar to the Cathedral in DkS1, which lends credence to my theory that the areas in Lordran were a conglomeration of spatial dimensions strung together.
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:31 pm

same dragon skull in mountains?

Dark Souls II World Map - POSSIBLE SPOILERS  Dark-Souls-2-e1354960774155
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:37 pm

alchemydesign wrote:The neatest part, I find, is the "Map Key" in the upper left corner of the map. The Sun of Astora, which pretty much cements the fact that we will be adventuring in the homelands of the SunBros.

Edit: Also, the area at the bottom is VERY similar to the Cathedral in DkS1, which lends credence to my theory that the areas in Lordran were a conglomeration of spatial dimensions strung together.
    could be the undead asylum in the north
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:49 pm

Dark Souls II World Map - POSSIBLE SPOILERS  DarkSouls2+copy

is this the entrance to the tower in the mountians?
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:10 pm

Dark Souls II World Map - POSSIBLE SPOILERS  Screen_01

this looks like the cathedral in the mountains
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:23 pm

CaligoIllioneus wrote:Oh hello. I don't log here in ages.

I saved the pic to my desktop just to zoom it in and it looks more like a bat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm