Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Domhnall [Interesting things I've noticed] [Spoilers? Tagged]

Nurgle523
    Nurgle523

Domhnall [Interesting things I've noticed] [Spoilers? Tagged] Empty Domhnall [Interesting things I've noticed] [Spoilers? Tagged]

Post by Nurgle523 Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:12 pm

I am going to enclose the rest of the post in the Spoiler tag.. But first I want to say I was reading about Domhnall and reading the descriptions of his gear. I'll just post it verbatim and some thoughts of my own.

At the end is some of his dialogue to really back up what I'm noticing. It's direct and not speculation highway [well a little]

• From the Ancient land of Zena
    • Trades in trinkets
    =
    Helm
    A strange helm from the ancient land of Zena,
    birthplace of the curious dealer Domhnall.

The two horns are believed to symbolize
    wisdom

=
    Armor
    Strange armor from the ancient land of Zena,

The many medals are believed to symbolize
    glory.

=
    Gauntlets
    Strange gauntlets from the ancient land of
    Zena, birthplace of the curious dealer
    Domhnall.

The gold bracelets symbolize a vanquisher.
    =
    Boots
    Strange boots from the ancient land of Zena,

The inlaid silver rings symbolize an
    explorer.

=
    Domhnall means World Ruler in Scottish/Gaelic [whatever the right term is]
    Zena means a lot of things but points to 'foreigner', 'life of zeus', and in Scottish/Gaelic [protector of mankind]
    =
    Also if he trades in trinkets... here are the descriptions for the pendant:

Trinket. No effect, but fond memories comfort travelers.

A simple pendant with no effect.

Even so, pleasant memories are crucial
    to survival on arduous journeys.

=
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Nurgle523 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : unspoiled stuff reasonably)
    Nurgle523
    Nurgle523

Domhnall [Interesting things I've noticed] [Spoilers? Tagged] Empty Re: Domhnall [Interesting things I've noticed] [Spoilers? Tagged]

Post by Nurgle523 Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:01 pm

Bump. Has nobody found this interesting? It's really the last bit that reveals a lot when put next to the rest of the info.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Domhnall [Interesting things I've noticed] [Spoilers? Tagged] Empty Re: Domhnall [Interesting things I've noticed] [Spoilers? Tagged]

Post by ublug Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:33 pm

No need to spoiler the first post.
    Way back I tried to trade the pendant with him and patches, because of their love for trinkets. The problem is that I don't know how to trade other items than souls with them, if it's possible at all (probably not).
    His "not seeing anything here" response is what he says until you trigger his next dialogue part. I don't know what or where he can 'see', but maybe he looks inside the bottomless box?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:36 pm

Want to make things even more confusing for yourself, examine the artwork on his armor. Then look at the Crystal set. Look at the medals on his, then the ones on the Channeler's. Then realize what he sells, and let the massive speculation begin.

As to what you assert I'd disagree, but why I disagree might be a bit of spoilers.
    Nurgle523
    Nurgle523

Post by Nurgle523 Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:26 pm

ublug wrote:No need to spoiler the first post.
    Way back I tried to trade the pendant with him and patches, because of their love for trinkets. The problem is that I don't know how to trade other items than souls with them, if it's possible at all (probably not).
    I was thinking of laying it down next to him and talking to him. Not sure though. My OP was just to get the ideas out there.

Oh Tolvo.. I know what you mean. You could PM me why you disagree. I might already know and if not you can say anyway.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:38 pm

Spoiler:
    Nurgle523
    Nurgle523

Post by Nurgle523 Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:15 pm

Hot damn! I'm glad I'm going through the [DLC?] cause that sounds exciting to find out. Thanks for the info.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:16 pm

No problem, but now I feel bad for spoiling you. You should have discovered it yourself, I just figured you were done. sad
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:22 pm

I always assumed what he "didn't see" were enough souls infront of him. If you buy a whole bunch from him then talk he never says he doesn't "see" anything.

I always imagined his dialogue as if he had his hand extended to me waiting for some sort of incentive to share any information he had. Like a someone being interrogated by a private eye in a movie or something. Maybe I am taking it too literally.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:21 am

Yukon wrote:I always assumed what he "didn't see" were enough souls infront of him. If you buy a whole bunch from him then talk he never says he doesn't "see" anything.
    I think he talks about kindling and divine weapons in the catacombs if you buy 1 pine resin from him. His other hints (new londo & ash lake) have some other triggers, like defeating a boss or visiting the area in question. I haven't been able to pinpoint what triggers each response.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:25 am

Tolvo wrote:
    Spoiler:

Hey man to avoid spoilers could you pm what made you think this? Cant quite catch on to your point here big grin
    Nurgle523
    Nurgle523

Post by Nurgle523 Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:
    Spoiler:

Hey man to avoid spoilers could you pm what made you think this? Cant quite catch on to your point here big grin

As for me, if Manus [a common name meaning the first man] is the father of the abyss,
    Spoiler:

At a minimum it does make me wonder and I can't go in one direction or the other here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:41 am